Unofficial XML Fixes

Clockwork Orange

Update (11/28/18)

Version 3.44

+Localization

-attStrengthRank1Desc fixed typo Everyone wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lifethose heavy ass weights. Everyone wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to liftthose heavy ass weights.

+Progression

-Fixed perkHeavyMetal now properly applies knockdown based on the level of the perkHeavyMetal instead of perkStayDown

<perk name="perkHeavyMetal" parent="skillMeleeCombat" name_key="perkHeavyMetalName" desc_key="perkHeavyMetalDesc" icon="ui_game_symbol_sledge">
	<level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attStrength" operation="GTE" value="1" desc_key="reqStrengthLevel1"/></level_requirements>
	<level_requirements level="2"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attStrength" operation="GTE" value="3" desc_key="reqStrengthLevel3"/></level_requirements>
	<level_requirements level="3"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attStrength" operation="GTE" value="5" desc_key="reqStrengthLevel5"/></level_requirements>
	<level_requirements level="4"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attStrength" operation="GTE" value="7" desc_key="reqStrengthLevel7"/></level_requirements>
	<level_requirements level="5"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attStrength" operation="GTE" value="10" desc_key="reqStrengthLevel10"/></level_requirements>

<effect_group>
		<effect_description level="1" desc_key="perkHeavyMetalRank1Desc"/>
		<effect_description level="2" desc_key="perkHeavyMetalRank2Desc"/>
		<effect_description level="3" desc_key="perkHeavyMetalRank3Desc"/>
		<effect_description level="4" desc_key="perkHeavyMetalRank4Desc"/>
		<effect_description level="5" desc_key="perkHeavyMetalRank5Desc"/>

<requirement name="HoldingItemHasTags" tags="perkHeavyMetal"/>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffInjuryKnockdown1">
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="[color="#FF8C00"]perkHeavyMetal[/color]" operation="Equals" value="1"/>
			<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,100" operation="LTE" value="20"/>
		</triggered_effect>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffInjuryKnockdown1">
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="[color="#FF8C00"]perkHeavyMetal[/color]" operation="Equals" value="2"/>
			<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,100" operation="LTE" value="30"/>
		</triggered_effect>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffInjuryKnockdown2">
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="[color="#FF8C00"]perkHeavyMetal[/color]" operation="Equals" value="3"/>
			<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,100" operation="LTE" value="40"/>
		</triggered_effect>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfAttackedOther" action="AddBuff" target="other" buff="buffInjuryKnockdown2">
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="[color="#FF8C00"]perkHeavyMetal[/color]" operation="Equals" value="4"/>
			<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,100" operation="LTE" value="60"/>
		</triggered_effect>
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="[color="#FF8C00"]perkHeavyMetal[/color]" operation="Equals" value="5"/>
			<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,100" operation="LTE" value="100"/>
		</triggered_effect>

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionRayHit" action="AddBuff" target="otherAOE" range="1.3" target_tags="zombie,animal" buff="buffInjuryKnockdown1">
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="[color="#FF8C00"]perkHeavyMetal[/color]" operation="Equals" value="3"/>
			<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,100" operation="LTE" value="20"/>
		</triggered_effect>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionRayHit" action="AddBuff" target="otherAOE" range="1.3" target_tags="zombie,animal" buff="buffInjuryKnockdown1">
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="[color="#FF8C00"]perkHeavyMetal[/color]" operation="Equals" value="4"/>
			<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,100" operation="LTE" value="40"/>
		</triggered_effect>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfSecondaryActionRayHit" action="AddBuff" target="otherAOE" range="1.4" target_tags="zombie,animal" buff="buffInjuryKnockdown1">
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="[color="#FF8C00"]perkHeavyMetal[/color]" operation="Equals" value="5"/>
			<requirement name="RandomRoll" seed_type="Random" target="self" min_max="0,100" operation="LTE" value="60"/>
		</triggered_effect>

</effect_group>
</perk>

Woops. Now that's embarrassing. ;)

I keep throwing errors with mod meleeGravedigger when I use the current xmls. I don't even run mods, any idea what that is? When I go back to the clean xmls it's fine, so it's something with this fix pack.

I can assure you it has nothing to do with these files, these files are validated to EXP B208 with the changes posted on my google docs. Its possible the issue is with the mod you are trying, I would be more than happy to help you sort the issue out if you want to post the error with more detail.

I think I found a fix for Torches. When you place them, you can see the light, but not the Torch model. This fixed it on my server.

In blocks.xml file, look for:

<block name="wallTorchLight">

In that section change:

<property name="Shape" value="ModelTorch"/>

To:

<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>

Also, change:

<property name="Place" value="Torch"/>

To:

<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted"/>

In item_modifiers.xml

<item_modifier name="modArmorSpikedKnuckles" installable_tags="armor,hands" modifier_tags="damage" type="attachment" rarity="0.5">

Should be

<item_modifier name="modArmorSpikedKnuckles" installable_tags="armorHands" modifier_tags="damage" type="attachment" rarity="0.5">

Otherwise you could equip spiked knuckles on every armor piece (due to the lack of the requiresAllTags modifier)
Same applies to

<item_modifier name="modArmorWaterPurifier" installable_tags="armor,head" modifier_tags="misc" type="attachment" rarity="0.5">

<item_modifier name="modArmorWaterPurifier" installable_tags="armorHead" modifier_tags="misc" type="attachment" rarity="0.5">

These should be changed for consistancy, since not all armor has the tags, head,chest, ect... but they do have the armorHead, armorChest, ect... tag.
Also normal clothes don't even have mod slots to begin with. (although they should so they could use dyes to change their color)

<item_modifier name="modArmorHelmetLight" installable_tags="head" blocked_tags="clothing" modifier_tags="misc" type="attachment" rarity="0.5">

<item_modifier name="modArmorHelmetLight" installable_tags="armorHead" blocked_tags="clothing" modifier_tags="misc" type="attachment" rarity="0.5">

<item_modifier name="modArmorBandolier" installable_tags="chest" modifier_tags="ammo" type="attachment" rarity="0.5">

<item_modifier name="modArmorBandolier" installable_tags="armorChest" modifier_tags="ammo" type="attachment" rarity="0.5">

Under progression.xml, the skill perkMasterChef is missing the foodCanHam reciepe in its progression tree, should probably be added to tier 3 to be with the other sham food.

b208 patch bug, some mod items are not in items.xml but are in loot.xml

here is what I did to fix the issues, I searched items before commenting them out and found none in current xml

<!--<item name="modMeleeGraveDigger"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeWoodSplitter"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeBunkerBuster"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeIronBreaker"/>-->
<!--<item name="modDyePink"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeGraveDiggerSchematic"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeWoodSplitterSchematic"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeBunkerBusterSchematic"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeIronBreakerSchematic"/>-->

b208 patch bug, some mod items are not in items.xml but are in loot.xml

here is what I did to fix the issues, I searched items before commenting them out and found none in current xml

<!--<item name="modMeleeGraveDigger"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeWoodSplitter"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeBunkerBuster"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeIronBreaker"/>-->
<!--<item name="modDyePink"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeGraveDiggerSchematic"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeWoodSplitterSchematic"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeBunkerBusterSchematic"/>-->
<!--<item name="modMeleeIronBreakerSchematic"/>-->

I think you need to validate your game files, those items all exist for me...

Update (11/28/18)

version 3.45

+Blocks

-Fixed typos

<block name="wallTorchLight">
<property name="CreativeMode" value="Dev"/>
<property name="Class" value="Light"/>
<property name="Material" value="Mwood_weak"/>
<property name="MaxDamage" value="1"/>
<property name="StabilitySupport" value="false"/> <!-- build restriction -->
<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true"/>
<property name="Shape" value="[color="#FF8C00"]ModelEntity[/color]"/>
<property name="Mesh" value="models"/>
<property name="Model" value="Entities/Lighting/torch_wallPrefab"/>
<!--property name="ParticleName" value="torch_wall"/-->
<property name="Place" value="[color="#FF8C00"]TowardsPlacerInverted[/color]"/>
<property name="OnlySimpleRotations" value="true"/>
<property name="Collide" value="movement,melee,bullet,arrow,rocket"/>
<property name="CanPickup" value="true" param1="meleeToolTorch"/>
<drop event="Destroy" name="meleeToolTorch" count="1"/>
<property name="Group" value="Basics,Building"/>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="torchGroupDesc"/>
<property name="FilterTags" value="fdecor,felectrical"/>
<property name="SortOrder1" value="70a0"/>
</block>

+Item_modifiers

-modArmorSpikedKnuckles changed tags: installable_tags="armorHands"

-modArmorWaterPurifier changed tags: installable_tags="armorHead"

-modArmorHelmetLight changed tags: installable_tags="armorHead"

-modArmorBandolier changed tags: installable_tags="armorChest"

Update (11/25/18)

Version 3.27

Updated main thread for A 17 fixes to be addressed, A 17 discussion starts here, pls feel free to let me know of any xml fixes you might have found.

+Recipes

-Fixed changed all instances of perkEngineer to perkAdvancedEngineering

+Progression

-Fixed perkYeahScience added missing chemistryStation tag

Im trying to understand how to fix this ..

we did the Alloc's Fixes - rev. 340 (A17.x) update (gameservers server)

however the chem station is still broke for us

in the progression.xml I can see the perkYeahScience but not the chemistryStation tag anywhere

what am i missing ?

Im trying to understand how to fix this ..

we did the Alloc's Fixes - rev. 340 (A17.x) update (gameservers server)

however the chem station is still broke for us

in the progression.xml I can see the perkYeahScience but not the chemistryStation tag anywhere

what am i missing ?

The chem station should appear in the progression file like this:

Its highlighted in orange in tier one recipe unlock

<perk name="perkYeahScience" parent="skillCraftsmanship" max_level="5" name_key="perkYeahScienceName" desc_key="perkYeahScienceDesc" icon="ui_game_symbol_chemistry">
	<level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attIntellect" operation="GTE" value="6" desc_key="reqIntellectLevel6"/></level_requirements>
	<level_requirements level="2"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attIntellect" operation="GTE" value="7" desc_key="reqIntellectLevel7"/></level_requirements>
	<level_requirements level="3"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attIntellect" operation="GTE" value="8" desc_key="reqIntellectLevel8"/></level_requirements>
	<level_requirements level="4"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attIntellect" operation="GTE" value="9" desc_key="reqIntellectLevel9"/></level_requirements>
	<level_requirements level="5"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="attIntellect" operation="GTE" value="10" desc_key="reqIntellectLevel10"/></level_requirements>

<effect_group>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="1,5"
			tags="ammoGasCan,drinkJarGrainAlcohol,ammo9mmBullet,ammo44MagnumBullet,ammoShotgunShell,ammo762mmBulletFMJ,[color="#FF8C00"]chemistryStation[/color],thrownAmmoPipeBomb,mineHubcap,mineCookingPot"/>
		<!-- Tier 1 Weapon mods -->
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="1,5"
			tags="modGunMuzzleBrake,modGunFlashlight,modGunScopeSmall,modGunTriggerGroupSemi,modGunBipod,modGunForegrip,modGunDuckbill,modGunChoke,modGunMagazineExtender,modShotgunSawedOffBarrel,modGunMeleeTheHunter,modMeleeSerratedBlade,modMeleeWeightedHead,modMeleeStructuralBrace,modMeleeGraveDigger,modMeleeWoodSplitter"/>				
		<!-- Tier 1 Armor mods -->				
			tags="modArmorCoolingMesh,modArmorInsulatedLiner,modArmorReinforcedPadding,modArmorScrapPlating,modArmorImprovedFittings,modArmorStoragePocket,modArmorHelmetLight"/>				
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="2,5"
			tags="thrownDynamite,ammo9mmBulletSteel,ammo44MagnumBulletSteel,ammo762mmBulletFMJSteel,ammoShotgunSlug,ammoArrowSteelAP,ammoCrossbowBoltSteelAP,ammoArrowFlaming,mineAirFilter,resourceMilitaryFiber,modMeleeBunkerBuster"/>
		<!-- Tier 2 Weapon mods -->
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="2,5"
			tags="modMeleeClubBurningShaft,modGunSoundSuppressorSilencer,modGunBarrelExtender,modGunLaserSight,modGunScopeMedium,modGunReflexSight,modGunTriggerGroupBurst,modGunRetractingStock,modGunCrippleEm,modMeleeTemperedBlade,modMeleeFortifyingGrip,modMeleeClubBarbedWire"/>		
		<!-- Tier 2 Armor mods -->
			tags="modArmorPlasticPlating,modArmorIronPlating,modArmorSpikedKnuckles,modArmorCustomizedFittings,modArmorDoubleStoragePocket,modArmorMuffledConnectors,modArmorImpactBracing,modArmorWaterPurifier"/>								
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="3,5"
			tags="ammoCrossbowBoltExploding"/>
		<!-- Tier 3 Weapon mods -->
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="3,5"
			tags="modGunScopeLarge,modGunTriggerGroupAutomatic,modGunRodAndSpring,modGunBowPolymerString,modMeleeErgonomicGrip,modMeleeClubMetalSpikes,modMeleeIronBreaker,modArmorBandolier"/>				
		<!-- Tier 3 Armor mods -->
			tags="modArmorMilitaryPlating,modArmorSteelPlating,modArmorTripleStoragePocket,modArmorAdvancedMuffledConnectors"/>				
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="4,5"
			tags="resourceRocketTip,resourceRocketCasing,ammoRocketHE,ammoRocketFrag"/>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="5"
			tags="batterybank"/>			
		<effect_description level="1" desc_key="perkYeahScienceRank1Desc"/>
		<effect_description level="2" desc_key="perkYeahScienceRank2Desc"/>
		<effect_description level="3" desc_key="perkYeahScienceRank3Desc"/>
		<effect_description level="4" desc_key="perkYeahScienceRank4Desc"/>
		<effect_description level="5" desc_key="perkYeahScienceRank5Desc"/>
	</effect_group>
</perk>

I think I found a typo in buffs:

buffMagazinePerkFromTheShadows listed twice (second time with intellect instead of agility).

I think this second buff should be deleted (line 3600-3608).

Seems like it yeah, thanks for posting.

- - - Updated - - -

Update (11/29/18)

version 3.47

+Buffs

-Removed duplicate buffMagazinePerkFromTheShadows

Update (11/29/18)

version 3.49

+Items

-ammoRocketHE Fixed rockets now deal proper damage to all blocks

I may have also increased the radius to 7 blocks, they are rockets... dont blow yourself up.

<item name="ammoRocketHE">
<property name="DisplayType" value="ammoLauncher"/>
<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/RocketLauncher/rocketPrefab"/>
<property name="HoldType" value="45"/>
<property name="HandMeshfile" value="Items/Misc/sackPrefab"/>
<property name="DropMeshfile" value="Items/Misc/sack_droppedPrefab"/>
<property name="Material" value="Mmetal"/>
<property name="Stacknumber" value="20"/> <!-- STK explosives -->
<property name="EconomicValue" value="588"/>
<property class="Action1">
	<property name="Class" value="Projectile"/>
	<property name="Explosion.ParticleIndex" value="4"/> <!-- which Prefab/particle is used -->
	<property name="Explosion.RadiusBlocks" value="[color="#FF8C00"]7[/color]"/> <!-- damage radius for blocks -->
	<property name="Explosion.BlockDamage" value="500"/> <!-- damage for blocks in the center of the explosion -->
	<property name="Explosion.RadiusEntities" value="7"/> <!-- damage radius for entities -->
	<property name="Explosion.EntityDamage" value="350"/> <!-- damage for entities in the center of the explosion. Zombies take 2x this damage. -->

<property name="Explosion.DamageBonus.water" value="0"/>
	[color="#FF8C00"]<property name="Explosion.DamageBonus.wood" value="3"/>
	<property name="Explosion.DamageBonus.metal" value="8"/>
	<property name="Explosion.DamageBonus.organic" value="1"/>
	<property name="Explosion.DamageBonus.earth" value="1"/>
	<property name="Explosion.DamageBonus.stone" value="5"/>[/color]
	<property name="Gravity" value="-6"/>
	<property name="FlyTime" value=".2"/>
	<property name="LifeTime" value="8"/>
</property>
<property name="CraftingSkillGroup" value="craftSkillScience"/>
<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons"/>
<effect_group name="Base Effects" tiered="false">
	<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="350"/>
	<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="base_set" value="[color="#FF8C00"]500[/color]"/>
	<passive_effect name="ProjectileVelocity" operation="base_set" value="50"/>
	<display_value name="ExRadius" value="5" />
</effect_group>
</item>

Does anyone know if it is intentional that Iron, Lead, Potassium Nitrate and Shale all have the same texture now? It seems the old textures are left in but commented and they now all share the same texture as Coal.

I believe that the problem is that the different terrain textures dont mesh together well when you have more than 2 or 3 different textures joining at the same vector, and with stone and gravel already occupying two slots that leaves not much choice but to go with one ore texture at least for now, the textures are there and they could use them if they wanted but I think its more of a matter of them figuring out how to fix the problem which could either be too difficult or too time consuming so a work around like this is usually implemented.

The other thing they could do is just not give a ♥♥♥♥ about how it looks, at least there is a differentiation, but its not TFP style to just not give a ♥♥♥♥, im sure they are working on it. Just my guess though.

Archived