7 Days to Die Tutorials

Roland

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

Hi Roland.

Could you add a tutorial on How to Setup a 7D2D server with Twitch integration with A19.5?

It's not for me... someone on Steam asked.

https://7daystodie.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Twitch_Integration_V1-2.pdf

If someone wants to record a video of going through that process and explaining what they are doing I'd be happy to post it in the OP.

• 4 months later...
On 1/3/2016 at 8:35 PM, Roland said:

HOW TO: Modding & Utility Tutorials

Guide to Inserting Prefab in Game - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcRrk8WmqaM
Guide to Setting up Dedicated Server (a18) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eurh6A8Vqo

How to add more zombies to the game

How to reset regions of the map

--RAT server management

I have a few questions, but i will start with the big one: how do you add a new skill attributes? 

27 minutes ago, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

I have a few questions, but i will start with the big one: how do you add a new skill attributes? 

This thread is for posting guides if you already know how to do something. If you are asking for guidance on how to mod something then you should post that either in the requests and discussion section of the Modding forum or on @Guppycur's discord where a lot of collaboration occurs.

On 9/17/2021 at 5:11 PM, Roland said:

This thread is for posting guides if you already know how to do something. If you are asking for guidance on how to mod something then you should post that either in the requests and discussion section of the Modding forum or on @Guppycur's discord where a lot of collaboration occurs.

I was only there for a few minutes and learned a buttload, thanks for sending me there. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/18/2021 at 6:46 PM, Boidster said:

Link is legit, but did not traverse the links to images (domain mega.nz). Wow that's a lot of work you did.

On 11/20/2021 at 9:19 AM, meganoth said:

Though I wouldn't call that a tutorial, but a cheat sheet (don't fret on the word "cheat", cheat sheet is a well-established word in programming to denote a reference chart or list)

I first went through the Discord Mods/had a ticket and they approved :D and was going to make own post but I was suggested to post it here. and also going to plan doing it for A20 lol.

Edited by DarkAoRaidenX (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

These videos are too awkward to watch due to the inept presentation. Any amateur who can record a video thinks they're worth views and likes. I just have a few bits of advice:

1) Know what you're presenting and present exactly that! Use video editing to tighten up and get your information across!

2) Take some lessons in public speaking, that would help. Doesn't have to be a broadcast course, but that would certainly help.

3) Failing the above, try to employ the age old art of WRITING! Just write it, dammit!

Edited by enkephalin07 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, enkephalin07 said:

These videos are too awkward to watch due to the inept presentation. Any amateur who can record a video thinks they're worth views and likes. I just have a few bits of advice:

1) Know what you're presenting and present exactly that! Use video editing to tighten up and get your information across!

2) Take some lessons in public speaking, that would help. Doesn't have to be a broadcast course, but that would certainly help.

3) Failing the above, try to employ the age old art of WRITING! Just write it, dammit!

For me, I prefer the opposite: appreciation for people who took the effort to assist others and not come into the forums and be a jerk to them.

41 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

For me, I prefer the opposite: appreciation for people who took the effort to assist others and not come into the forums and be a jerk to them.

I've heard the 'just trying to help' justification from people who just want attention for appearing to help plenty of times. If you cared, it would show.

15 hours ago, enkephalin07 said:

I've heard the 'just trying to help' justification from people who just want attention for appearing to help plenty of times. If you cared, it would show.

Fortunately for me, it doesn’t take much effort to show that I have assisted a lot of people in the past, in these forums.  I just don’t choose to call someone’s effort and work inept.  Construction criticism and feedback are fine, your first sentence telling others there work is inept isn’t.  Drop the first two sentences in your post and that would have been fine, there was no need for those, especially the first sentence.

• 4 months later...
  • Roland unpinned this topic