V1.0 b336 Hotfix

On 8/17/2024 at 1:13 AM, Riamus said:

I don't think console has access to servers yet... do they?  I thought they could only do console to console hosted connections until crossplay was available.

But yes, console doesn't get experimental.

Oh, yeah, I think you're right. There's no crossplay right now. I forgot about that, because Steam Deck users have been able to join servers for a while now, and I keep thinking of the Steam Deck as a console.

But now I'm curious what the OP meant when they mentioned "some players from other platforms."

11 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

But now I'm curious what the OP meant when they mentioned "some players from other platforms."

Good question.  If I were to guess, they don't realize that console can't connect to servers yet, regardless if it's 1.0 or 1.1.  Or else maybe they mean consoles can't use 1.1 yet.  Who knows?  :)

5 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Good question.  If I were to guess, they don't realize that console can't connect to servers yet, regardless if it's 1.0 or 1.1.  Or else maybe they mean consoles can't use 1.1 yet.  Who knows?  :)

It could also mean Mac or Linux (including Steam Deck). I've never known those players to have server issues that don't also affect Windows, but my multiplayer knowledge is, let's say, a work in progress.

9 hours ago, TWORDY said:

Also, on the devs side, every structure and object in the game should rather have at least 3-4 levels of mesh grid/polygons depending on the distance from the player`s position/vision, this could boost performance significantly. 

I'm not sure about structures or anything but the zombies have 3 (or was it 4) LOD meshes. 

21 hours ago, TWORDY said:

I would also recommend limited light sources like torches, candles, light bulbs, lamps etc. Also digging a mine underneath the main base or Blood Moon structure adds to drops in FPS. The best Blood Moon Base is in the desolate area for higher FPS. Plus, players should restart their servers every 24 hours if they keep on running the game permanently. Such steps could spare a lot of headaches.

Also, on the devs side, every structure and object in the game should rather have at least 3-4 levels of mesh grid/polygons depending on the distance from the player`s position/vision, this could boost performance significantly. 

Few izi steps to kill FPS:

- move to the centre of the biggest possible town,

- place the main base close to Blood Moon base or build all-in wonder WWII bunker with 5+ stores/levels,

- place 14+ spinning blades all around,

- set 120+ spikes all around,

- place 14+ light sources,

- place 6+ automatic turrets,

- dig tunnels underneath the main base,

- plant 40 trees nearby,

- mine the fields with electric fences, 

- set max spawnable zeds during the blood moon,

- invite 3+ plus mates for the blood moon,

Ohh I forgot about hanging gardens with 40+ farm plots...

35 frames in progress... remind me if I forgot about something

then proceed with an official complaint about frame times and input/output lag on the official 7DTD forum...

!!!congratulations!!!

JUST DONT HAVE A BASE LIVE IN A BOX

On 8/18/2024 at 8:50 AM, khzmusik said:

Oh, yeah, I think you're right. There's no crossplay right now. I forgot about that, because Steam Deck users have been able to join servers for a while now, and I keep thinking of the Steam Deck as a console.

I am too lazy to check the OPs post, but often xbox store is already called a different platform to steam by some players. And this seems to have produced occasional problems, as the translation of steam-id or xbox-id to epics eos-id is necessarily different in the details.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

When will this update be released on console to address the optimization issues? Me and 2 friends play on ps5 and are on day 110 now and are having trouble making it through a full day cycle (the only change we made was to change the blood moon to every 10 days instead of 7) without the game crashing. Completing a tier 6 mission is out of the question, we reset the army outpost #7 three times on day 109 due to severe fps drops causing the game to crash and restarting the mission. After the third time we left and then experienced another crash soon after when a friend went to break a block he had misplaced at my base. My base is not very intuitive as I stopped building once I learned we would have to restart when the update was released. 

Hi guys, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere or if this is the wrong place to ask. But whats the ETA if any on adding additional crafting blocks etc on console. Its ofc very very limited currently. I was more than happy to pay for the game again after being a fan from all the way back in 2014, but the current version has far less options than the OG version, I understand its a Beta version but was hoping we could at least get more options of block sizes / shapes etc to build a good funtional base / Horde base

Thanks!

26 minutes ago, 7DTDLuke said:

Hi guys, apologies if this has been answered elsewhere or if this is the wrong place to ask. But whats the ETA if any on adding additional crafting blocks etc on console. Its ofc very very limited currently. I was more than happy to pay for the game again after being a fan from all the way back in 2014, but the current version has far less options than the OG version, I understand its a Beta version but was hoping we could at least get more options of block sizes / shapes etc to build a good funtional base / Horde base

Thanks!

Are you pulling up the menu for all the different block shapes because there are over 1,000 to choose from. Hold the block in your hand, on PS5 hold Square, and then choose the Shapes selection which is the top selection on the wheel. Any building piece that has a square/circle/triangle on its icon has a menu for different shapes, rotations, and some with different colors. There is much more than the original console version. Once you get a paint brush and some paint you can then add textures to the blocks.

31 minutes ago, 7DTDLuke said:

Amazing, thank you so much for the quick reply. I completely missed this!! Looking forward to building a more functional base now instead of the cubey monstrosity I have currently!

No worries happy to help. Some of us have been showing what we have been building in the Post Your Base topic in the Images and Videos section. Check it out and join the fun!

7 hours ago, FranticDan said:

Is it intentional or a bug, when you have levels in physician, the duration of steroids and vitamins goes down?

This should have been fixed already in V1.0

Are you still seeing it in vanilla games? I just tried in V1.0 b336 max physician and duration did not change

23 hours ago, FranticDan said:

I just looked back at my footage, something it wrong. The duration was less than it should, until I started using candy - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2223858107?t=05h37m09s

I'm not sure I understand, the items both show duration is 12m and you took 2 of each, so you have 24m. I checked items.xml to confirm duration is set to 720 (so 12 minutes). Am I missing something?

20 minutes ago, NekoPawtato said:

I'm not sure I understand, the items both show duration is 12m and you took 2 of each, so you have 24m. I checked items.xml to confirm duration is set to 720 (so 12 minutes). Am I missing something?

I have 4 points in iron gut, 2 in physician. Watch the video for longer. once I start eating the candy the duration recalculates are fixes itself. So without using the candy, you wouldn't get the right duration

2 hours ago, FranticDan said:

I have 4 points in iron gut, 2 in physician. Watch the video for longer. once I start eating the candy the duration recalculates are fixes itself. So without using the candy, you wouldn't get the right duration

I was very confused watching as the vitamins said 12m and you ate 2, for 24m but after you eat a candy it changes to 32m so this whole time I've been losing time on vitamins because of Physician? I rarely use candy 

5 hours ago, joshwa0816 said:

I was very confused watching as the vitamins said 12m and you ate 2, for 24m but after you eat a candy it changes to 32m so this whole time I've been losing time on vitamins because of Physician? I rarely use candy 

I'm currently playing v1.1 and it seems to be fixed now, but yes, for all of A21 physician lowered duration for these two items

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2024 at 12:03 PM, Franbogg said:

Hi devs,

Just a question. Will the next update fix any of the poor fps issues during horde night. I’m on a PS5 and it’s unplayable during the horde. I uploaded this YouTube video, if you would like to watch the FPS drop to practically 2 you are more than welcome. If you do watch, skip to 2 mins that’s the worst part.

While I can see the dip in FPS in your video, it's hard to tell you have lower FPS when your using motion blur. Are you able to turn off motion blur on console? (Maybe you need motion blur or you prefer it or can't turn it off on console IDK. For the decade I've played PC games, I've yet to encounter someone that likes motion blur...)

7 minutes ago, ModernCoolCat said:

For the decade I've played PC games, I've yet to encounter someone that likes motion blur...)

Yeah, I've never met anyone who liked it either.  People want nice graphics, not blurry graphics.

I see that there are tons of players all around, that is complaining in one way or the other, about performance issues, especially FPS dropping like a stone in water.

As a dedicated PC gamer over the past 20+ years, with nearly 7k hours in 7DTD, and up untill a year ago, my specs were i5 4500 series CPU, 960 Ti OC 2GB GfX and 16 GB DDR4, I had spent most of my time, struggling with getting anywhere near an average 40 fps. Last year, I upgraded to a Ryzen 7 5700G (integrated graphics) and 64 GB GDDR6 ram. gave me a better FPS amount, but it was still with the low settings enabled. Added a 3060 OC 12 GB GDDR GPU last week, and now it runs almost perfectly, only way to drop below 60 fps, is 36 player planted trees.

So, these are the things that I over the years, have found to really screw with your frames, in decending order.

Trees
blocks
terrain altering
excessive amount of zombies
cop spit (since V1 was released, and still gives my GPU some problems).

Now, after plugging in my new GfX, everything went ultra+, so I had some minor issues. dropped to ultra, and raised FPS to 90+ everywhere, except around a bunch of trees.

So, my advice is as follows.

Dont put 2 million blocks in an area, and dont build both main base and horde base in the same location. Keep HB to something simple. small "staired" compound or a "cage above pit" base.

Keep trees nearby, but far enough away, so they dont load visually. and if you really have to plant them next to your base, looking in their direction, will kill your FPS, so consider yourself warned. My old machine was pulling out a .45 to commit suicide, every time I was looking at 20 player planted trees. the new "only" one requires 36 trees, before it gets suicidal.

keep zombies to what the game suggests, or a tad lower than that. especially, if you are hosting a game on a console. the suggestions are there, based on single player, not you and your 3 buddies having 8 zombies each, totalling 32 zombies at all times, during blood moon. 20 should be absolute max, so 5 per player, shold be efficient, and still fun.

Oh, and try to kill cops, before they puke all over the place. a good weapon is M60 orsomething else with a large magasine with rad, drum, x2/x4 scope (easier to see in the distance) and bipod (for better handling of the M60). In that order.

And this one is for the game developers. Whomever decided that the game should have motion blur...??? I hope your ass itches and your arms are too short.....

• 2 weeks later...