A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

That may be a bit of a wait then. Pretty big change, A14. Plus I'll be rewriting a lot of my stuff to fit in the new standards. Also making decisions on what to remove. How to approach the matter of professions and perks. A lot of little things.

Chicken breeding isn't possible, at least probably not i the manner they're hoping for. There are limits to what can be done in xml alone. I will be adding chicken coops however. You can use animal feed to bait the chicken coop. Then if you wait long enough it will spawn a chicken nest on top for you to loot for feathers or eggs.

Or, after using the animal feed, you can then destroy the chicken coop to kill the chicken you attracted to get a little meat. Thats the plan anyway.

Valmar! I was just caught completely by surprise by one of your zombies.

I was running through the wasteland when suddenly a zombie ran at me (on never-run) and it didn't seem to be rendering properly (if that's the right way of saying it). I shot it three times with a hunting rifle and think I hit every time, but it survived and smacked me. I got a message saying "I can't believe this is happening" or something to that effect (I was panicking at the time and couldn't pay full attention to the text).

What was it? I had to keep running because it was day 5 and dogs were biting my heels...

Strange the first hit didn't kill it. They actually "vanish" the moment they're killed and they have very little health. What you saw was what is referred to in-game as a "shadow monster". I'll try to be more creative in the future. They don't really deal player damage (other than 1 point of health because thats hard-coded that attacks must deal at least one) but getting hit by theme remove a point from your wellness.

The rational behind these monsters is that they're not real. You're going insane with paranoia from surviving so long in the harsh environment. Its why they're solid black, its why they chase you, its why their attacks don't physically hurt but do wear down on your wellness. Its why the buff says what it says. You're shooting blindly in the dark at monsters that aren't there and you're losing it. Lol.

Valmar, we love this mod and are definitely going to wait for it before we upgrade to A14.

A player on my server has asked me to ask you

"could you ask him if he might be adding chicken breeding?"

Thanks

True Survival mod has a nice (and realistically long) chicken coop system that you could copy and bolt onto Valmod Hobgoblin.

Basically create nest, add egg (candles as well to incubate lol) then you eventually get a chick.

Feed it up and eventually a chicken.

Then feed it for eggs or feathers (long timers again) or you can harvest the chicken for meat etc. and start again.

Actually quite a realistic mechanic if expensive on mats (corn and water for feeding mainly).

Xml changes only plus some icons.

Someone knows where to put the mod files on a MAC?

I Tried: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days to Die and some subpaths

Show package contents -> Data or -> Contents

But after gamesterstart NOOOOOO Icon are shown in game - not even the unmodded. I only see numbers of stacksize.

BR

Strange the first hit didn't kill it. They actually "vanish" the moment they're killed and they have very little health. What you saw was what is referred to in-game as a "shadow monster". I'll try to be more creative in the future. They don't really deal player damage (other than 1 point of health because thats hard-coded that attacks must deal at least one) but getting hit by theme remove a point from your wellness.

The rational behind these monsters is that they're not real. You're going insane with paranoia from surviving so long in the harsh environment. Its why they're solid black, its why they chase you, its why their attacks don't physically hurt but do wear down on your wellness. Its why the buff says what it says. You're shooting blindly in the dark at monsters that aren't there and you're losing it. Lol.

I certainly was losing it. I must have missed with the first two shots, and in my panic didn't check my health to see how much it was doing, just assumed it was wrecking me. The dogs didn't help.

That's a great enemy, well done. I look forward to further surprises.

True Survival mod has a nice (and realistically long) chicken coop system that you could copy and bolt onto Valmod Hobgoblin.

Basically create nest, add egg (candles as well to incubate lol) then you eventually get a chick.

Feed it up and eventually a chicken.

Then feed it for eggs or feathers (long timers again) or you can harvest the chicken for meat etc. and start again.

Actually quite a realistic mechanic if expensive on mats (corn and water for feeding mainly).

Xml changes only plus some icons.

Spider sure does like to keep things hardcore extreme doesn't he. :)

Someone knows where to put the mod files on a MAC?

I Tried: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days to Die and some subpaths

Show package contents -> Data or -> Contents

But after gamesterstart NOOOOOO Icon are shown in game - not even the unmodded. I only see numbers of stacksize.

BR

I don't use a Mac or know anyone who does. However one forum user did specifically figure out how to get the icons to work on a mac here:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?38189-MAC-with-Mods-folder&p=393305&viewfull=1#post393305

If his steps don't help you then I'm afraid there is nothing I can do here, sorry.

I certainly was losing it. I must have missed with the first two shots, and in my panic didn't check my health to see how much it was doing, just assumed it was wrecking me. The dogs didn't help.

That's a great enemy, well done. I look forward to further surprises.

I originally I wanted to set it up so that the new "boss" zombies (feral crawlers, running fire zombies, cop gorilla) only show up after you've made it to week three. It just got lazy. I might still do that later though. I might squeeze it in for the A14 build. Though its already so much going into it with the new farming and cooking stuff being implemented I'm not sure I'll have the time.

Great work! Thanks Valmar!

Thank you, glad you enjoy it.

Great work and feature request.

hey man, fantastic work on the mod, makes the game sooo much better.

Could i request a possible feature?

If it's at all possible to do, would you be able to make it possible to scrap items from within the container you find them in instead of transferring them over to the inventory first?

hey man, fantastic work on the mod, makes the game sooo much better.

Could i request a possible feature?

If it's at all possible to do, would you be able to make it possible to scrap items from within the container you find them in instead of transferring them over to the inventory first?

That part of the UI isn't available to mod in xml

Hi Valmar,

How could i remove recipe's need for arrow and woodenBow? Cuz im missing something.

Thanks!

Forget it! I find it in your help document. Thanks!

#3. Survivor Notes: Craft Recipe Books

You can find Survivor Notes on zombie loot and other various locations which can be crafted into recipe books.

You can find all the recipes you can craft within the Study_Desk. Every recipe in the game can be gained this way and the Improvised notes, spiked club, explosive bolt, flaming arrow and armor-related skill books can only be learned with the Note system.

You cannot find armor in loot - it is exclusively player-crafted with the recipe learned from the related Note.

Corpses you find around the world can drop survivor notes or survivor combinations. This is a special item that can be used to unlock the Locked Survivor's Briefcase that is hidden in special loot containers called "Suspicious Stump". To unlock the briefcase after you have found it merely place it on the ground and "Repair" it with the Survivor's Combination.

The superior forge has a larger placement requirement than a normal forge. It cannot be placed directly against a wall nor can it have the ceiling above it too short. Try placing it in a more open are that doesn't have as much obstruction.

Valmod. Frames with classes other then builder?

I do edit the entitygroups.xml - though those changes should be easy enough to port over to Gazz's mod. Alternatively you could just use his instead. It would still work either way - you'd just not get my added zombies in the mix.

The builder class starts off knowing frames.

How can other classes learn how to make frames? Been driving my friend nuts trying to figure it out, lol.

Which is the most active Valmod Server?

Based off my experience back when A13 was more fresh and had more people playing in general it was this one:

94.250.222.71:26905

I had difficultly ever getting on because it was usually full. 20/20. Very popular, very populated. Now I can't speak for its condition now however. A13 has been out for a while and what usually happens is that server populations dramatically reduce the longer the game goes without an update.

Valmar, a question: how do you purchase the schematic in order to make bone knives from bones?

Improvised Weapons, its in the study desk.

How can other classes learn how to make frames? Been driving my friend nuts trying to figure it out, lol.

Its all in the guide. To make frames you either start as a builder class or you find/read the Handyman Carpentry book. You can also buy this book at a study desk for survivor notes.

How to use the tanning rack?

Hi guys,

I just started using the valmod pack, certainly enjoying it more than vanilla. I couldn't find any info about this, so I'm asking here - how to use the tanning rack? I made it, but can't use it in any way. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help.

EDIT:

Please disregard, for some reason even if the tanning book is the one I find almost everywhere I never once succeeded at "reading" it. So using the "put in the belt" trick worked and now I can make leather.

As for the steel tools I just realised they come in separate recipes, riddle of steel just unlocks the crafting of steel ingots.

Sorry :/ my PC fried and I came back 2 months later as a noob lol

Hi guys,

I just started using the valmod pack, certainly enjoying it more than vanilla. I couldn't find any info about this, so I'm asking here - how to use the tanning rack? I made it, but can't use it in any way. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help.

The tanning rack is a tool for leather working, in the armor workstation. Just like the anvil, for the forge.

sewing kit, tanning rack and welding torch are the 3 tools for it.

Archived