A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

@Walking Dad

Have you been nipped by the ravagers yet? They always seem to catch me by surprise.

@HobGoblyn

Yeah, it'll work on Nav. Just certain features may not show up in the world. Such as suspicious stumps or dead miners. Not game-breaking or anything to really worry about. Play whatever map you want.

@Walking Dad

Have you been nipped by the ravagers yet? They always seem to catch me by surprise.

I'm quite good at spotting crawlers, so I've seen them but not been caught out. The bloated zombie that responds like a police zombie also surprised me, though not nearly as much as the rusher. It had me doubting myself, thinking I'd set the wrong settings at the start of the game.

This mod makes the first stage of the game very difficult, and in a way much more realistic (can't just frame your way away from zombies). I've already died once, on day 1, which never happens on the settings I play on.

@HobGoblyn

Yeah, it'll work on Nav. Just certain features may not show up in the world. Such as suspicious stumps or dead miners. Not game-breaking or anything to really worry about. Play whatever map you want.

Many thanks

One last question, Any particular server settings such as difficulty we should be using?

@HobGoblyn

The only two things I can think of needing to be wary of, perhaps, is loot abundance and air drops. If you ramp up the loot abundance it might become really easy to get recipe books due to the survivor note droprate increasing. My air drop crates are, imo, significantly less crappy than vanilla and are actually worth looking for. So if you have it set to drop one of these every day, for example, it could be considered unbalanced.

Other than that really you can play on whatever setting you want and should be okay. I play on a step above the normal difficulty usually but that was a long time ago. Back in the day that was the only way to keep a crossbow bolt from being this OP weapon of gods that one OHK zombies in the back. This was a long time ago though so my reasons for it are likely no longer valid.

Hello JL. If you retain the player profiles you will not start off with the class items. That is because you only get these items when you first join the sever/map. If you carry over the player profiles it will not treat them as a "new" player and thus they will not receive the items.

You can, as admin, give the class stuff to the four players.

Open the console with the ~ key.

Enter cm

That should toggle creative mode. Now hit the U key to bring up the creative list.

Search for "Class". This should bring up all the class-specific items.

The two items you're looking for are:

Class Key

Class Selection

Technically they only need the class selection because you can break the class briefcase open but the key makes it easier.

One of our players placed the suitcase and it disappeared.

We haven't got cheat mode enabled, will the above still work?

How does the admin give it to the player?

Thanks

Fully compatible. Alloc's Server Fixes does use the Mods folder but its for other things. The Mods folder is a general folder with subfolders within that can be added. My mod uses its own unique subfolder in the Mods folder for icons, nothing you download that uses the mods folder should in anyway clash with my mod.

@HobGoblyn

It disappeared? Thats strange. Did it give an error or anything?

Anyway, yes, the above still works. You do not need cheat mode on the server to be able to toggle creative menu. Any admin on the server (as in you've been giving admin permission in the serveradmin file) can toggle cheat mode on for themselves at any moment with the cm command in console.

What you would do is toggle CM for yourself, assuming you're admin, open the creative menu with the U key and then grab the class selection item. Then just give that to the player and he can try again.

Hi Valmod

We are getting the following error when logging in and/or starting the Superior Forge: " ERR cannot create Particle Effect with name 'P_', you have to add it to Resources/ParticleEffects "

The forge does not show animation when on (no 'flames') and makes no sound. We also cannot seem to place it against a wall. Are these known issues? Also noticed that while using the superior forges for a long time (5 game days) we never got any screamers. However, because we wondered about this we set up several regular forges and withing 5 minutes time (real time) we had screamers arriving. Is the forge superior because it does not attract screamers? I noticed that the particale effects settings were removed from the superior forge item.. is this causing the error we are getting?

We played for a few hrs last night and we all love it, many thanks.

We think we are going to go with this for a fresh start when it's updated for A14 and stay with our current game until then.

Only thing I have to change is upping small stone stack to 9999, even at 9999 on my previous game I got loads of chests full of them with the amount of mining I did :)

Does your mod alter the amount of zombies? Always found vanilla too sparse. Last night we went to one of the bases I restored (near Hospital in nav map) and overnight didn't see any. That might be because it's the first couple of days, or it could be something to do with the region file I restored (kad to restore two there as base was split across them)

I know this is nothing to do with your mod, but thought I'd ask anyway :)

With the base we restored, three of us can access all the chests we had in there fine. however one of us keeps getting

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

They deleted all local contend and redownloaded 7dtd (and added your Mods folder) and it works for a while, then starts doing it again. They cant close the window and have to close the game and relog. Worked fine on the game I backed up yesterday that I copied the region files from.

When A14 drops and your mod is updated, we will be starting from scratch so hopefully this wont be a problem for her. Just weird only she is experiencing it.

Many thanks for a great mod

Hi Valmod

We are getting the following error when logging in and/or starting the Superior Forge: " ERR cannot create Particle Effect with name 'P_', you have to add it to Resources/ParticleEffects "

The forge does not show animation when on (no 'flames') and makes no sound. We also cannot seem to place it against a wall. Are these known issues? Also noticed that while using the superior forges for a long time (5 game days) we never got any screamers. However, because we wondered about this we set up several regular forges and withing 5 minutes time (real time) we had screamers arriving. Is the forge superior because it does not attract screamers? I noticed that the particale effects settings were removed from the superior forge item.. is this causing the error we are getting?

I'm aware of the particle error. It happens on the fire traps too, though doesn't usually show it and is only there if you open the console to see it, usually. It doesn't hurt anything so I never bothered removing the offenders since I like my fire traps.

The superior forge is meant to generate heat and it doesn't have a "burning" animation (intentional - its to prevent a bug from occurring). However its possible that the heat map is tied to that burning animation and for whatever reason it isn't ticking heat the way it should. I could test this out using debug mode and monitor the heatmap but, frankly, as Superior Forge wont be in A14 it'd be a wasted effort at this point to mess with it anymore.

Does your mod alter the amount of zombies? Always found vanilla too sparse. Last night we went to one of the bases I restored (near Hospital in nav map) and overnight didn't see any. That might be because it's the first couple of days, or it could be something to do with the region file I restored (kad to restore two there as base was split across them)

With the base we restored, three of us can access all the chests we had in there fine. however one of us keeps getting

They deleted all local contend and redownloaded 7dtd (and added your Mods folder) and it works for a while, then starts doing it again. They cant close the window and have to close the game and relog. Worked fine on the game I backed up yesterday that I copied the region files from.

When A14 drops and your mod is updated, we will be starting from scratch so hopefully this wont be a problem for her. Just weird only she is experiencing it.

Many thanks for a great mod

My mod doesn't alter the rate for which zombies spawn. I prefer to let servers/player decide that on their own with the game settings.

Its strange that only one of you gets a null error. Without seeing his output log after the error, however, there isn't much I can do. If he happens to have the error again and wants to send the output log info after the event just send it my way and I'll take a look to see if its anything that can be fixed on my end. Does it only happen in the ported regions? Has she tried making a brand new character profile?

Also, just as a fair warning it will probably take a week or two for my mod to become updated to the A14 standard. A lot of changes to take into account with A14 plus I'll be adding quite a bit of new things that will need coding and testing.

I've already died once, on day 1, which never happens on the settings I play on.

I know what you mean, you realise how important some vanilla recipes are to your gameplay, I miss my wood frames.

Starting with everything locked. 25% loot and not able to rely on survivor notes due to the HP of Z's on insane makes early game very challenging.

Latest play through, died on day 2, I play with delete backpack on death. Don't think I could have dug myself into a deeper hole. Good fun.

My mod doesn't alter the rate for which zombies spawn. I prefer to let servers/player decide that on their own with the game settings.

Many thanks, does that mean your mod doesn't alter entitygroups and spawning xml files?

I'm thinking of using Gazz's "More Lively Zombie spawns" that contain those two files. Don't want to mess anything in ours up

Its strange that only one of you gets a null error. Without seeing his output log after the error, however, there isn't much I can do. If he happens to have the error again and wants to send the output log info after the event just send it my way and I'll take a look to see if its anything that can be fixed on my end. Does it only happen in the ported regions? Has she tried making a brand new character profile?

Thanks, she hasn't tried making a new profile, I will suggest it to her

Also, just as a fair warning it will probably take a week or two for my mod to become updated to the A14 standard. A lot of changes to take into account with A14 plus I'll be adding quite a bit of new things that will need coding and testing.

That's fine, we will just play A13 for another couple of weeks or so :)

I'm quite good at spotting crawlers, so I've seen them but not been caught out. The bloated zombie that responds like a police zombie also surprised me, though not nearly as much as the rusher. It had me doubting myself, thinking I'd set the wrong settings at the start of the game.

This mod makes the first stage of the game very difficult, and in a way much more realistic (can't just frame your way away from zombies). I've already died once, on day 1, which never happens on the settings I play on.

I think it depends on what "class" you pick as well. It seems to be a good balance. I think I always use survival as my class because I like the crossbow. I also like the fact that the bow is steel so you can't repair it right away. It makes you think about what type of fight is worth the usage. I believe that one of the classes starts with the knowledge to make frames.

Many thanks, does that mean your mod doesn't alter entitygroups and spawning xml files?

I'm thinking of using Gazz's "More Lively Zombie spawns" that contain those two files. Don't want to mess anything in ours up

I do edit the entitygroups.xml - though those changes should be easy enough to port over to Gazz's mod. Alternatively you could just use his instead. It would still work either way - you'd just not get my added zombies in the mix.

I believe that one of the classes starts with the knowledge to make frames.

The builder class starts off knowing frames.

Many thanks, I just compare your file with the original 7dtd file and add the differences to Garys file?, ie

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesAll">

Put

<entity name="Feral Ravager" prob="0.04"/>

<entity name="Bloated Walker" prob="0.06"/>

<entity name="Scorched Rusher" prob="0.006"/>

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesNight">

Put

<entity name="Feral Ravager" prob="0.02"/>

<entity name="Shadow Monster" prob="0.005"/>

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWasteland">

Put

<entity name="Scorched Rusher" prob="0.02"/>

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNight">

Put

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNight2">

Put

<entity name="Shadow Monster" prob="0.06"/>

<entity name="Feral Spider" prob="0.06"/>

<entity name="Scorched Rusher" prob="0.03"/>

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesHoard">

Put

<entity name="Feral Ravager" prob="0.01"/>

<entity name="Scorched Rusher" prob="0.003"/>

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesBurntForest">

Put

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesFeral">

Put

<entity name="Zombie Gorilla Boss" prob="0.1"/>

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesCave">

Put

Sorry for all the questions

Many thanks, I just compare your file with the original 7dtd file and add the differences to Garys file?, ie

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesAll">

Put

<entity name="Feral Ravager" prob="0.04"/>

<entity name="Scorched Rusher" prob="0.006"/>

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesNight">

Put

<entity name="Shadow Monster" prob="0.005"/>

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWasteland">

Put

<entity name="Scorched Rusher" prob="0.02"/>

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNight">

Put

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesWastelandNight2">

Put

<entity name="Shadow Monster" prob="0.06"/>

<entity name="Feral Spider" prob="0.06"/>

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesHoard">

Put

<entity name="Scorched Rusher" prob="0.003"/>

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesBurntForest">

Put

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesFeral">

Put

<entity name="Zombie Gorilla Boss" prob="0.1"/>

Under

<entitygroup name="ZombiesCave">

Put

Sorry for all the questions

That's right, also check the loot.xml not sure if Valmars new zombies had new loot groups but if so add those as well.

So new entities from Valmod to entity groups and spawning from Gazz's mod.

Sorry its late lol hope that makes sense.

Many thanks.

I seem to go from one extreme to the other, either hardly any zombies in the daytime, or what we have now with Gazz more lively zombies mod, a full blown non stop 7th night horde with tons of police, dogs, ferals, hornets etc, but its the middle of the day :) Been going since I logged on at 1 am, it's now 9 hrs later and there seems to be a bigger horde (we are only on day 3 lol)

Gazz says,

"It does not fix city spawns, 13.6 RWG broke that well and proper"

and

"In cities / towns you can clear out most zombies but some will always respawn instantly.",

I don't think something is working as intended lol

I wonder when Gazz talks about the spawns being broken for cities in RWG, it isn't designed with the Nav Map in mind.

Yes, that is correct.

That's right, also check the loot.xml not sure if Valmars new zombies had new loot groups but if so add those as well.

So new entities from Valmod to entity groups and spawning from Gazz's mod.

Sorry its late lol hope that makes sense.

From what I understand he's using the Valmod and just wants to to incorporate Gazz's mod into it. Unless Gazz modified the loot.xml he shouldn't need to worry about that particular file.

Many thanks.

I seem to go from one extreme to the other, either hardly any zombies in the daytime, or what we have now with Gazz more lively zombies mod, a full blown non stop 7th night horde with tons of police, dogs, ferals, hornets etc, but its the middle of the day :) Been going since I logged on at 1 am, it's now 9 hrs later and there seems to be a bigger horde (we are only on day 3 lol).

Personally, and this is not anything against Gazz or anyone else who touches the spawning.xml, this is another reason why I DON'T touch that file. The spawning.xml and zombie spawning in 7DTD in general, in my experience anyway, is not reliable and prone to issues. Either you have endless hordes that just won't stop coming or you no zombies. I have experienced both of these extremes from modifying that file even a little bit in ways that, frankly, makes no sense to me why it breaks. So while it is not my only reason it is still a huge factor in why I do not touch that file. I see it as a headache waiting to happen and isn't worth the potential troubleshooting.

Personally, and this is not anything against Gazz or anyone else who touches the spawning.xml, this is another reason why I DON'T touch that file. The spawning.xml and zombie spawning in 7DTD in general, in my experience anyway, is not reliable and prone to issues. Either you have endless hordes that just won't stop coming or you no zombies. I have experienced both of these extremes from modifying that file even a little bit in ways that, frankly, makes no sense to me why it breaks. So while it is not my only reason it is still a huge factor in why I do not touch that file. I see it as a headache waiting to happen and isn't worth the potential troubleshooting.

Many thanks Valmar

Playing over the past few months, I've always ended up with one of the other. Hopefully they will fix it in A14 (or A15)

Just a quick update on this in case anyone else ever experiences similar, the problem started happening to me at a different one of our restored bases. I realised it only seemed to happen accessing our old chests that got restored with the bases we restored.

So we put new chests in, moved all the stuff in from the old chests, destroyed the old chests and no one has got that error since (the whole of yesterdays game play)

Thanks for the mod, is spectacular, I love that you have to study recipes for everything.

I've used it on my server but plays several days uninstall it.

It does not end curdling the new system the campfire and forgings, as it seems time and materials even worse is lost, because if you let forging without having stopped, this continues to produce what you sent do but disappears.

Another fault is reading books or eating and drinking from inventory, as many times lose the recipe but do not own, or do as you eat and what you eat does not add up.

It is arranged by eating from the belt as in previous versions.

Finally a bug that bothers me and my players is that the icon you've probably caught by dragging not see.

But it is normal considering the work of assembling such a pack.

Congratulations, and I will use for single player, since it gives life and makes it longer and more "realistic" heading.

Greetings.

I'm not sure where to begin on that one.

The campfire/forge issues are vanilla and not something I have any control over.

The bug with eating or reading from inventory is vanilla and not something I have any control over.

I'm not sure what icon problem you're referring to. I assume you mean that on a server the icons do not push to players. Again this is a vanilla problem. Those who play the server will have to install the icons on their end to see them. There is nothing I can do about this. Fortunately adding the icons is easy, just a drag-and-drop process.

tiny.cc/valmodicons

Archived