A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

@Chud

I don't often do this - but I'm not reading through all of that. Appealing to my "amerca, rights!" does nothing to me - except turn me off of it all the more. I don't see any correlation between supporting "rights" and making naming conventions of ammo "realistic". That being said, I also really, really, really don't care. Like I said before, I don't want to get into a debate about it. Its not a subject I care about and frankly I don't feel comfortable talking to people about it - largely because of the type of people that tend to argue about it (calling people stupid morons or mocking them for example). I grew up surrounded by insane, hateful, bigoted crazy gun nuts. I've had enough of listening about their calibers and guns. Personal preference here, I'm just not interested.

Though, in hindsight, perhaps I should had worded things better initially. My request for feedback wasn't asking for "this is whats more realistic, america, rights, guns" it was more for "I want names to stay" "I dont care" "I like the idea". That type of feedback. I already guessed gun aficionados would want the names to stay. More was trying to gauge how many of that particular demographic use the mod. You might notice that a lot of the servers that run my mod are not set in US. At the risk of generalizing, the rest of the world isn't as obsessed with guns as America. So given this demographic I wasn't sure what percentage of the players of my would care about such things.

Loki's feedback on this was spot on for me and really delivered a point I care about - the in-game descriptions of guns currently tell you what ammo they take. This wasn't always the case and I didn't take that into consideration. This does a lot to remedy my initial reasoning for wanting to simplify things in the first place.

As we are now able to edit past comments I will take that liberty and just remove the question.

Hi val,

i know your not activl updateing the mod till A14, just thought id drop a line in to let you know adding a heat source to your lkight barrel and ovens is now possiable ( only just recently realised they didnmt have one)

<property name="ActiveRadiusEffects" value="+heatSource(3)"/>
where 3 is the radius of effect

i lengthened it to 5 on the barrel light

<block id="1703" name="Light_Barrel">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="oilBarrel" />

<property name="CanPickup" value="true" />

<property name="Class" value="Particle" />

<property name="Material" value="metal" />

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel" />

<property name="Mesh" value="models" />

<property name="Model" value="Industrial/barrel01" param1="main_mesh" />

<property name="ParticleName" value="campfire" />

<property name="ParticleOffset" value="0.53,1.04,0.45" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="scrapIron" count="8" prob="1" />

<property name="ActiveRadiusEffects" value="+heatSource(5)"/>

</block>

then left the 2 ovens as 3 ( same as campfire)

<block id="1680" name="Stove_Oven">

<property name="Class" value="Campfire" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="1" />

<property name="CustomIcon" value="oven" />

<property name="Material" value="metal" />

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel" />

<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted" />

<property name="Mesh" value="models" />

<property name="Model" value="Appliances/oven" param1="main_mesh" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="Stove_Oven" count="1" />

<drop event="Fall" name="scrapMetalPile" count="1" prob="1.0" stick_chance=".75" />

<property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking,Decor" />

<property class="Workstation">

<property name="Modules" value="tools,output,fuel,input"/>

</property>

</block>

<block id="1681" name="Wall_Oven">

<property name="Class" value="Campfire" />

<property name="CustomIcon" value="wallOven" />

<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="1" />

<property name="Material" value="wood_weak" />

<property name="Texture" value="346,345,341,345,262,345" />

<property name="LootList" value="130" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="Wall_Oven" count="1" />

<drop event="Fall" name="woodDebris" count="1" prob="1.0" stick_chance=".75" />

<property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking,Decor" />

<property class="Workstation">

<property name="Modules" value="tools,output,fuel,input"/>

</property>

</block>

Hi val,

i know your not activl updateing the mod till A14, just thought id drop a line in to let you know adding a heat source to your lkight barrel and ovens is now possiable ( only just recently realised they didnmt have one)

where 3 is the radius of effect

i lengthened it to 5 on the barrel light

then left the 2 ovens as 3 ( same as campfire)

Unless they changed it with 13.8 ActiveRadiusEffects don't work on <property name="Class" value="Particle" /> it's only on the blocks you can actually turn on and off.

@Deccypher

Does that actually work now? As Stompy said, they didn't use to work. It would be great, of course, if they did "fix it" so it would work.

@Kclobo

Well, if you didn't start with a book or items... whats the point of the class? That's literally the only reason you choose a class - to get the related items and recipes. But yes, you can do that. Open the entityclasses.xml then find the male and female (both should be at the time at the time of writing this) and modify this:

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP" value="Class Key,Class Selection" />

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP" value="Class Key,Class Selection,keystone" />

To this:

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP" value="bottledWater,canChili,firstAidBandage,torch" />

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP" value="bottledWater,canChili,firstAidBandage,torch,keystone" />

Now players will not start the game with the class stuff and it will be like vanilla.

the trouble is the game doesnt know what will happen untill it is encountered, the seed controls some aspecs the biome types the city placemtns, but what structures are within the sity, what poi is at the end of that gravel road, is anyone guess untill the map actually renders for the first time.

it would be possiable on the nav map and player maps to be shared would be possiable. like i blueprint my map and then you read it and it reveals on yours, but having the system reveal a chunk of map for you would be difficult, unless the pimps set it up so we spend a good few hours setting up the initial login to render the enttire map beforhand.

It wouldn't matter WHAT was in the portion of the map, you would just have to link each map piece or page to a region block or multiple regions. The regions stay the same no matter what. I would have no clue what the command would be to render that portion of the map though, so like Valmod says it may not be doable in xml

@Chud

I don't often do this - but I'm not reading through all of that. Appealing to my "amerca, rights!" does nothing to me - except turn me off of it all the more. I don't see any correlation between supporting "rights" and making naming conventions of ammo "realistic". That being said, I also really, really, really don't care. Like I said before, I don't want to get into a debate about it. Its not a subject I care about and frankly I don't feel comfortable talking to people about it - largely because of the type of people that tend to argue about it (calling people stupid morons or mocking them for example). I grew up surrounded by insane, hateful, bigoted crazy gun nuts. I've had enough of listening about their calibers and guns. Personal preference here, I'm just not interested.

Though, in hindsight, perhaps I should had worded things better initially. My request for feedback wasn't asking for "this is whats more realistic, america, rights, guns" it was more for "I want names to stay" "I dont care" "I like the idea". That type of feedback. I already guessed gun aficionados would want the names to stay. More was trying to gauge how many of that particular demographic use the mod. You might notice that a lot of the servers that run my mod are not set in US. At the risk of generalizing, the rest of the world isn't as obsessed with guns as America. So given this demographic I wasn't sure what percentage of the players of my would care about such things.

Loki's feedback on this was spot on for me and really delivered a point I care about - the in-game descriptions of guns currently tell you what ammo they take. This wasn't always the case and I didn't take that into consideration. This does a lot to remedy my initial reasoning for wanting to simplify things in the first place.

As we are now able to edit past comments I will take that liberty and just remove the question.

this game is made in America

@Chud

I was speaking more specifically about my mod and its demographic, not the game as a whole. As I said before some of the "biggest" servers that host this mod are outside the states. So I know it isn't just Americans who play my mod.

All irrelevant now though since the question is no longer on the table.

@Wolverine

Sound advice.

@Brian

Technically, yes, one recipe is locked behind a class. Miners_TNT can only be learned by miners. This is a special tnt (normal TNT is still available to all) that has a larger explosion radius. Other than that any class can learn any recipe - either by reading the recipe book or using the study desk.

@Mvidualist

Of course.

Silencer?

Been searching the forum for awhile, and maybe it got buried somewhere, but where exactly can I find/make a silencer? We're 60 days in with 3 people searching, haven't found one yet, and I can't find it under any of the crafting stuff. (Valmod lite)

- Kenowa

@kclobo

Yes, its possible. Though perhaps not the easiest thing to do. You'd need to copy over the related info from the following:

items.xml for the zombie hands

buff.xml for the buff

loot.xml for the loot

entityclasses.xml for the zombies

enitygroups.xml for the spawning

You'd also need to adjust the loot xml to insure it isn't being told to give any item that is not vanilla - like my survivor notes.

@Kenowa

They are loot-only and only drop from containers that have a chance to give "military" parts.

Ferals can drop it. Shotgun messiah can drop it. The military munitions box can drop it.

Gun safes can drop it. Survivor Briefcases can drop it (probably the easiest method, provided you find one and have a combination to unlock it)

Been searching the forum for awhile, and maybe it got buried somewhere, but where exactly can I find/make a silencer? We're 60 days in with 3 people searching, haven't found one yet, and I can't find it under any of the crafting stuff. (Valmod lite)

- Kenowa

Silencer is part of the loot group militaryWeaponParts, which can be found in Shotgun Messiahs, Ammo Boxes, Gun Safes, and on Ferals - but Silencer is a very rare loot, equal to the Choke.

Silencer is part of the loot group militaryWeaponParts, which can be found in Shotgun Messiahs, Ammo Boxes, Gun Safes, and on Ferals - but Silencer is a very rare loot, equal to the Choke.

on our server.. day 203.. more then 10 ppl playing.. not a single silencer found.. feels like something is wrong

Updated the OP to include the Dr. StrangeChicken's video (thanks again!)

Also did a sweep of sever IPs that were no longer online. If I removed yours by mistake let me know. At the time of writing this the ones I removed were offline when I tested them.

Archived