A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

ehy guys, playing on a server with lite version of the mod, just pure fun!!

i was reading around on the thread but still confused abt what is at this point the difference between normal and superior forge its a bit confusing if its time\heat\mats or what

Also i would like to know how works with the crafting station and xp gaining with crafting: u get any xp? u get xp when u loot at the end? u get if u stay in that window?

@Speedy

Glad you enjoy it - also added your server. I love how varied servers are - so many regions. :)

@Whazi

The superior forge, generally speaking, crafts the same stuff with less material used. Like you'll need less clay or less iron to get the same item. It probably won't be staying in A14.

I'll be honesty, I'm not entirely sure how the crafting stations factor in experience, if at all. I sort of assumed it just worked. Though I hear your armory skill doesn't reflect the level of armor you make but rather it goes off your loot skill. So. I don't know anymore. I'm assuming A14 will solidify this since they will be making it official but we'll see.

Sounds like a vanilla bug. Did you try eating it by hand manually from your toolbelt or were you trying to eat with the "Eat" button in the backpack? Drinking, eating and reading books/schematics is known to be buggy and sometimes not count if you do it by the inventory button. Always do so from your toolbelt.

Sounds like a vanilla bug. Did you try eating it by hand manually from your toolbelt or were you trying to eat with the "Eat" button in the backpack? Drinking, eating and reading books/schematics is known to be buggy and sometimes not count if you do it by the inventory button. Always do so from your toolbelt.

That is a good note - yes before i use the "Eat" button. my rescue was purified water - it worked without problems. minutes later i had the same problem with crossbow recipe exchanged by survivor notes - Read it also by button not manually :-(

must teach my self to always use that stuff manually :-)

A server news update for any long-term Avernus players out there.

As you may have been aware sometime ago the Avernus server went offline. This came as a surprise to both myself and Kalrath. Its unfortunate but it happens.

However old Avernus players might be pleased to know that the server is back up under a new name and new IP thanks to the effects of 30QuidKid.

So if theres any Avernus guys still around looking for a server or new guys alike, all are welcomed:

IP: 193.0.159.84

PORT: 25000

I am unsure if this is a vanilla bug or a mod bug, but when I used the survivor notes to get the riddle of steel book, I read it.. but I still cant make steel pickaxes or a steel fireaxe. The book icon on the right of the name is still darkened out but when I have the ingrediants, the text of the item lights up white. I've read it twice already to no avail.

Edit: I've also tried reading the recipe from both inventory and from the tool belt. Same result.

That means you know how to craft the tool_mod:_pickaxe book. Craft the book and read it.

Is there a way to tell if you've already read something? Reading books that you've already learned seems to waste them.

From what I understand reading books that you've already read actually gives you experience in whatever they teach. Which is why, if memory serves me, you cannot re-read every book since some of them don't teach you anything that has skills attached. Though I could be remembering it wrong.

There is no way to tell if you read a book, they removed that ability in A13. All you can do is look at a recipe that comes from that book and see if you already know it.

I'm loving the mod... the autowalls, tool and weop tweaks and enhancements. I have one question though. What exactly does the enhanced forge do? The RTF document talks about its existance, but not about functionality. I don't see a difference between the normal furnace aside from the extra resource requirements to build.

Thanks for the awesome mod. I am currently rocking the lite version and luvin it.

You have to be either a medic or a bruiser to make it.

<ingredient name="blueberries" count="1" />

<ingredient name="potassiumNitratePowder" count="1" />

<ingredient name="painkillers" count="1" />

<ingredient name="plantChrysanthemum" count="1" />

<ingredient name="mushrooms" count="1" />

<ingredient name="goldenrod" count="1" />

Inventory lag bug and server cpu load

Hello Valmar,

first off, your mod is awesome! But, there are two major annoyances, which were also mentioned in this thread for older versions.

I am running a Linux server with Alpha13.8 and Valmod 18.41 and windows clients with the same versions.

1) When entering backpack or any crafting station inventory, there are huge lags, multiple seconds delay until a stack is split or a picked stack can be dragged by mouse. This behaviour can also be observed when playing local single player.

2) Occasionally, the server CPU load goes to 100% and the server crashes. This was an older issue that was fixed around Alpha 13.6 in vanilla. What version are your Data files based on? Could this be the issue?

Thanks for looking into it.

Best,

Ndscham

I'm aware of the lag issue. However it is outside of my control. I cannot control how the game handles the recipe books. Its an engine problem. Sure, it isn't there in vanilla, but vanilla doesn't have as many recipe books as my mod either. To be frank, my mod just seems to push the engine further than its designed to go or at least optimized to work under. I doubt it will be fixed anytime soon as the Pimps will likely never even notice it - and it doesn't effect vanilla so there's no need to fix it. Which makes sense, I don't fault them on that.

So ultimately I'm given two options. I can remove a bunch of added recipe books from my mod. Or I can wait until I have more options for how I teach people recipes.

A14 introduces the ability to learn recipes from perks. I'm hoping to work up a system that lets me tie all the current "X_Mod:_X" recipe books with the perk system. This would eliminate a fair few recipe books and give me improved performance, hopefully. Only time will tell.

Until then the only workaround I have to offer is to suggest using the Favorites (star) button in your inventory to eliminate lag. Favorite the recipes you need the most often and work from there. Its not the best solution but its the only practical solution I have to offer.

As for server CPU load well I'm not sure what could cause that - or rather if there is anything at all I can do about it. My files are all based off the latest vanilla fixes. That being said I really don't expect to see any server CPU performance gains in any XML file. That seems more like an engine thing. My mod does add a handful of new zombies that weren't present in the older version. One of them being the running firezombie. His smoke particle effect could potentially cause more CPU strain since he doesn't spawn only in the burntbiome like other burnt zombies.

I'm not sure if that would really be the issue though. You could test it out by removing him from the server. In the entitygroups.xml remove all instances of the scorched rusher. For example:

<entity name="Scorched Rusher" prob="0.006"/>

Remove all similar lines (prob value is different on some, so it wont all be exactly identical) and the rusher will not spawn in-game. If you do this and your CPU load goes down then you know that was the cause. I know particle effects in general can have a huge impact on FPS performance (candles and torches come to mind) so I imagine its possible the scorched zombie with his trialing smoke effect could impact things negatively on a server.

OK, you can't see "goldenrod" in the receipt window

thx

You are right, there are only 5 cells to list crafting ingredients, so the 6th one is invisible. Seems the Maniac Powder is the only recipe that needs more than 5 ingredients atm, so not many players have noticed it yet.

This mod at max difficulty settings is brutal, especially in the first few days with delete backpack on which is how I always play. Also happened to spawn in endless wasteland as you do with the latest RWG.

It's a new game.

Love it.

New Server Question.

First time to run a 7DTD Server, Started new server 3 days ago for our "Cousins Clan". We found your Mod-Pack today and love the idea of it. I saved our current game (backup), Installed the mod pack (Yours, not the lite), restated server, join in. ok we are using the current game because we did not want lose our stuff (4 players so far). i'm assuming that because of that we did not get the starting class book or key, is that correct? If so how can i (Admin) give these out or is that even poosible?

thanks in advance

love the mod so far

JL

Archived