A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hey guys, I'm not sure, but I think I found a bug.

When I'm trying to upgrade Steel_Spike to Steel_Fire_Spike it doesn't work. It shows that I don't have gasCans, but I have like 250 in my inventory. Do you know about it ?

I've looked into the configs, but it looks OK../

also the collecting system is not quite OK, because you can dupe items. ie.: you pick up Cotton, which downgrades the plant and you got a cotton plant. But now you can plant this plant and hit it again, and now you have planted 2 little cotton plants and 1 cotton in inventory.

Therefore I commented in my config the DowngradeBlock line.

EDIT: the dupe problem is only with: Cotton, Goldenrod and Chrysantenum

The gas can is more than just the upgrade ingredient - it is also the upgrade tool. Switch to the gas can in hand and then upgrade with it.

I understand what you're saying with the plant issue. I will make a note to address this in the next update by making new cotton, goldenrood and chrysantenum items. Currently harvest them gives you the block, which is why you can replace it. Changing this to an item will remove that ability.

Indeed this was how we did it back in the day however as of A13 this method no longer works in my tests. The descriptions are locked behind a language asset file that you'd have to mod with SDX tool to get at, from what I understand.

thansk for this, i haddent noticed myself, ive been adding in titles and descriptions on all my book i handent personaly noticed them missing on reading them and noone complained, but your right the description is black, i gues i just read a book too quickly when i find it to have been effected, silly of them to take this flawless system away from us

Here are some of my plans, thoughts or otherwise possible additions/changes for the A14 version of this mod. I share these in hopes of getting feedback on what people like about said plans or thoughts and what they don't like. Note that not everything mentioned is promised to be in it, but is merely my "hopes" for what I would like to do or what I am 'humoring". Feedback is appreciated.

I will get rid of of the "Mod:" recipes in the Study Desk. These skills will now be locked behind perks related to what the mod teaches. For example to unlock silenced pistol or modded 9mm ammo you will need to level up your pistol skill.

I'd like to make class-specific perks that the classes will start off with to give them a leg-up in certain areas. For example the gunman will start with a slightly boosted level in pistols.

I will combine the masonry, crafting, industrial and electronic workbenches together into one workbench and offset the lack of specific individual workstations by making new "tools" that will be required. For example a chisel will be required for masonry recipes and a handsaw will be required for wood recipes.

I may add nails as a requirement for wood recipes and increase their drop rate to compensate. Perhaps certain, smaller, more simplistic recipes will use carpenters glue.

I will bring back multiple animal meats, in a sense. Chickens and rabbits will give Small Game Meat. Venison and pigs will give plain Meat. Bears will give Hefty Meat. The food gains on food will be increased. Food will put slightly less stress on "eat a lot to stop starving every 5 minutes" and more on the wellness benefit. To offset this I might make it so zombies reduce your wellness a little bit if you're hit.

I will add new plants such as hops, wheat, grapes, sugarcane, leek and cabbage. What foods you can make with these however I'm open to suggestions on.

I will add a brewery workstation specifically for brewing the various alcoholic beverages.

The oil refiner will be turned into a real workstation.

The armory workstation will be expanded to include the crafting of melee weapons and ammo. You will be able to "convert" ammo here, both for gun ammo and bolts/arrows.

The tools, such as hammer, sledge, fireaxe, ect, will require a forge to craft their "heads" before you can make them. To repair the "iron" variants of the tools you will have to use iron and wood (which itself will be its own new item and crafted out of iron and wood). Steel tools however will only require wood to repair themselves as the "heads" are made of a more durable material - its the wooden shaft the keeps breaking.

The knife, machete and combat axe will be repaired with Whetstone which you can craft out of stone - potentially only at a forge

A chicken coop will be added.

Thoughts?

The welding torch is loot-only. No recipe. It can be found anywhere you can find "rare" tools. It also can be dropped from snow zombies.

Never found a welding torch, and I have a base next to snow biome, so I'm shooting snow zombies all the time.

I'm at the day 75 and still no welding torch :/

The other ideas you wrote sounds good :)

Hi Valmar,

your mod is my favorite one!

I like all your additions / changes for the A14 except the first one!

But thats my own opinion because i don´t like settings where everthing is locked behind a class skill.

I like the current system where specific receipes locked through book and schematics.

Cause if you have the proper knowledge and equipment you can build a silencer or reload a 9mm bullet chase.

I think, only the quality should be raise with the skill.

To clarify it won't be a class-only skill. Anyone can level up a pistol. You're right, if you have proper knowledge it makes sense that you can build that stuff. Hence why having a high level in something, will unlock better gear for it.

Are you still against it or was it a misunderstanding?

which wood recipes would require nails? i think as long as frames dont require it, its ok... LOVE the chicken coop idea.. a lil meat n lots of feathers! the modded weapons, can things be locked by skill level? i like the idea, but since its a recipe, how would that work? Like now, the only things level up does is increase quality, durability, craft time, and damage.

Hard to really tell until we get a14.. what work stations will they have and how much r the perks gonna change. if the pimps make things locked behind perks, u can do the same

with the workbenchs, will there be tabs for each one or will it be like the forge where u need things in the "tool spot" to unlock recipes

@Imhot

Frames would require nails, yes.

The chicken coop will give you eggs or feathers unless you destroy it to kill the chicken.

As for skills locking recipes, A14 introduces it to the game. The pimps are even doing it themselves. The recipe unlocks if you purchase a perk which requires you to have a certain level in a specific skill. Like for example, making a steel pickaxe might need you to level up your Mining skill.

What about having wood buffed to have the same amount of health as wood+frame and remove the woodframe stage when being destroyed so if you destroy the wood it just vanishes?

Here are some of my plans, thoughts or otherwise possible additions/changes for the A14 version of this mod. I share these in hopes of getting feedback on what people like about said plans or thoughts and what they don't like. Note that not everything mentioned is promised to be in it, but is merely my "hopes" for what I would like to do or what I am 'humoring". Feedback is appreciated.

Thoughts?

1. I like the idea of learning the mods as you skill up, makes a bit more sense and might make the progression a little more smooth.

2. I also like this, I also think that a perk that no other class can have would be a nice reward too. This would be a tough choice is SP, but it would make teamwork in MP better.

3. Not sure if there is a reason behind renaming ammo...without anymore information it seems unnecessary.

4. Less workbenches is a nice idea, maybe someone can help you design an actual block for the game too. I think that using tools like the forge and campfire really ties this idea in with the original game.

5. I am not sure how I feel about needing more items to build. I understand that nails or glue make sense, but there is so much to gather in the world already, and so little room in our bags. I find that bag space is really premium when you add in all the additional "beer" type beverages in the game. (Maybe remove those items from drops, and make them craft only??)

6. Food is not one of the areas that I really care about, it always seems to move towards eating the food that gives you the best wellness to cost ratio. I think that if you make a change to food, I would like to see something like saturation that would keep you fuller longer.

7. I think there is a lot of room for farm type play in the game. I can't wait to see what you come up with here. The only real problem that I have is that the harvest mechanic that is in the mod, IE. punch to harvest, does not work well with the wonky collision of plants. I find that I end up punching up the whole plant anyways if I am harvesting items in rows that are next to each other. Can you change the collision size of the sprout to prevent punching it up too easy? I think the main culprit is the collision box of corn, but I have not tested fully.

8. alcohol...good

9. I have not used the refiner yet, but having it's own workstation seems like a good idea.

10. Will the armory also craft bullets and arrows/bolts? What will that do to leveling weapon crafting skills?

11. I like the idea that the "heads" are less likely to break and it is the handles that need attention. I think that a chance to break the "head" would also be in store, not sure if you can have durability on each part and give the heads a lot more durability? Maybe they get crafted and repaired like guns? Then you could disassemble tools you find for better parts? Maybe you could add a rare chance to get a carbon fiber handle?

12. I'm fine with this, it seems more logical than using metal. Maybe limit the number of repairs before replacing?

13. A chicken coop would be awesome. I assume that would allow us to get feathers and eggs occasionally? How would we round up chickens???

@Offsuit

2. If I can wrap my mind around a way to pull it off that is a hope I have. I'm not 100 percent sure how I'll do it, but I'm fairly confident it can be done. I just find their system to be pretty confusing and haven't spent enough time trying to figure it out.

3. Simplicity. When I started off I always got confused as to what ammo I was supposed to be using for the pistol, 9mm or 10mm. Had it been called "pistol" ammo it would had been easy for me. That being said Loki pointed out to me earlier that the game has descriptions on guns now that tell you what they take - something that wasn't really there, or at least I dont remember being there, when I started out. So this "problem" has solved itself to me.

4. To have an actual block designed for it the mod would not longer be powered by XML and will require the SDX tool (which, at the time of writing this, I think still only works with A12.5). This goes outside what I want for this mod and so even if someone offered a block model I will not use it. A14 however will have its own workbench model which I will be using.

5. I could make them craft-only. Will probably be an even better when the Hops and Grapes are added. Lol.

6. Possible, I believe, but would require knowledge and wizardry of the buffs that I do not have. Though its a good idea - I will see what I can do. Maybe a new "Stuffed" buff that lets you go without losing hunger for a set period of time if you eat a lot of food in one sitting or a particularly large meal. Fortunately I do have some modding associates who are wizards with buffs that I might be able to reach out to with this idea. I'll make a note of it.

7. Afraid I cannot adjust the collision box - or at least I don't know of a way to do so. Wish I could - it would make farming actual animal blocks easier (you can make ablock that looks like a pig but you cant interact with it).

10. Yes. Though you will still be able to make them in your inventory - at least the basics. The more advanced ones might require the armory. I assume in A14 it will tie to your level, given that the pimps have officially released their own workstation. I never really investigated the skill influence, to be honest.

11. Giving them "parts" is possible, however it is not really something I want to do because I'm not happy with the implementation of it. To have parts, from my understanding, it would HAVE to have 4 parts. So its not as simple as having a shaft and a head (...) you would need a shaft, a head, and two other parts made for the sake of filling in the two other part rolls. I love this general idea of tools having parts, like guns. I just haven't seen a way to do it that I'm satisfied with. I could make the two "extra" parts lose no durability - so you only have to worry about the "handle" and "head" but even then Im not sure how happy I'd be with that. We'll see. I'm not ruling it out completely, I'm just hesitant because the approach wouldn't be as "elegant" as I like.

12. I'm not sure I can limit the number of repairs before replacing. Though I might be misunderstanding your meaning.

13. It would let you get eggs and feathers, yes. Or meat if you decide to destroy it (kill the chicken). It will work similar to the snares. You craft the coop then upgrade it with animal feed and wait. Eventually it will attract one of the wild chickens (Role Play, not literal) and give you a chicken nest with eggs or feathers.

My friend Mad Stork mentioned an idea last night that I thought would be an amazing addition to your mod if it's doable. Map pages, you find them just like schematics and books and when you do find them, they fill in a portion of your map without you having to explore it. You could call them Thomas Bros. (an old map book that is defunct now I believe).

I think it would be VERY challenging to code to say the least with the nature of the random gen, but is it doable?

My friend Mad Stork mentioned an idea last night that I thought would be an amazing addition to your mod if it's doable. Map pages, you find them just like schematics and books and when you do find them, they fill in a portion of your map without you having to explore it. You could call them Thomas Bros. (an old map book that is defunct now I believe).

I think it would be VERY challenging to code to say the least with the nature of the random gen, but is it doable?

I'm not sure if revealing a little of the map at a time would be doable, but I think there is probably a way to reveal it all. Maybe just collect pieces until you have enough to make the full map and then you would get total vision??

I won't say it isn't doable. Though I don't see how it'd be possible to do with XML editing. You'll need the pimps for this one.

So I don't know if I just simply can't find it but apparently I can't craft Clay Bowls, was pretty sure you could in vanilla. ( In the Light Version )

Did you look the campfire recipes to see if it was there?

the trouble is the game doesnt know what will happen untill it is encountered, the seed controls some aspecs the biome types the city placemtns, but what structures are within the sity, what poi is at the end of that gravel road, is anyone guess untill the map actually renders for the first time.

it would be possiable on the nav map and player maps to be shared would be possiable. like i blueprint my map and then you read it and it reveals on yours, but having the system reveal a chunk of map for you would be difficult, unless the pimps set it up so we spend a good few hours setting up the initial login to render the enttire map beforhand.

I will get rid of of the "Mod:" recipes in the Study Desk. These skills will now be locked behind perks related to what the mod teaches. For example to unlock silenced pistol or modded 9mm ammo you will need to level up your pistol skill.

I'd like to make class-specific perks that the classes will start off with to give them a leg-up in certain areas. For example the gunman will start with a slightly boosted level in pistols.

Assuming it doesn't get too much backlash I might rename the gun ammo to "pistol ammo, assault rifle ammo, rifle ammo, smg ammo." I'm hesitant to do this because I know how much people love their guns. Feedback on this specifically would be much appreciated.

I will combine the masonry, crafting, industrial and electronic workbenches together into one workbench and offset the lack of specific individual workstations by making new "tools" that will be required. For example a chisel will be required for masonry recipes and a handsaw will be required for wood recipes.

I may add nails as a requirement for wood recipes and increase their drop rate to compensate. Perhaps certain, smaller, more simplistic recipes will use carpenters glue.

I will bring back multiple animal meats, in a sense. Chickens and rabbits will give Small Game Meat. Venison and pigs will give plain Meat. Bears will give Hefty Meat. The food gains on food will be increased. Food will put slightly less stress on "eat a lot to stop starving every 5 minutes" and more on the wellness benefit. To offset this I might make it so zombies reduce your wellness a little bit if you're hit.

I will add new plants such as hops, wheat, grapes, sugarcane, leek and cabbage. What foods you can make with these however I'm open to suggestions on.

I will add a brewery workstation specifically for brewing the various alcoholic beverages.

The oil refiner will be turned into a real workstation.

The armory workstation will be expanded to include the crafting of melee weapons and ammo. You will be able to "convert" ammo here, both for gun ammo and bolts/arrows.

The tools, such as hammer, sledge, fireaxe, ect, will require a forge to craft their "heads" before you can make them. To repair the "iron" variants of the tools you will have to use iron and wood (which itself will be its own new item and crafted out of iron and wood). Steel tools however will only require wood to repair themselves as the "heads" are made of a more durable material - its the wooden shaft the keeps breaking.

The knife, machete and combat axe will be repaired with Whetstone which you can craft out of stone - potentially only at a forge

A chicken coop will be added.

Thoughts?

Assuming it doesn't get too much backlash I might rename the gun ammo to "pistol ammo, assault rifle ammo, rifle ammo, smg ammo." I'm hesitant to do this because I know how much people love their guns. Feedback on this specifically would be much appreciated.

Like this

I really only want to type this once lol

Gun order and ammo goes by least to most damage

-9mm pistol

-44mag

-Desert Eagle (50 cal)

-Sawed off Shotgun

-Shotgun

-10mm SMG

-5.56 Sniper rifle

-7.62 Rifle

-7.62 Bolt rifle

-RPG

Ammo types>Normal/Hollow point/Fire

the Only gun in the game (best gun) should be bolt rifle

1 shot..this called having a draw back to the best weapon

I'm going to do this but you can too if you like.

then i won't have too.

i am going to make a 2 new ammo types 50 cal and 5.56

make the sniper rifle take 5.56 and Desert eagle take 50 cal

The damage on the Bolt action 7.62 rifle would be the best in the game..with a drawback of reloading

and as a Perk..i would like to figure out exploding ammo for maybe a bigger Sniper rifle later on..like a 50 cal Barrett.

As it is right now the SNiper rifle isn't even done right at all.

Once you get a sniper rifle..your game is over..its Noob gun..the damage it does is way OP and needs to be Nerfed to the right ammo size and damage......

Now let's say you have a Sniper rifle 5.56...you could add a MOD to the sniper to take bigger caliber bullet (7.62)

this a good idea too.It would be like a option....longer range/bigger bullet/or bigger round clips

you could do this in a any variation

silenced 44 mag ...NO

silenced 50 cal....NO

silenced Bolt rifle....NO

In case nobody new but that sniper rifle model is a M4 Carbine with Sag parts

this what happens when liberals make games with guns LMAO.

All the rest of the guns are pretty well worked out

But keeping the ammo with the names it's called will teach people in real life the names of the Ammo.and you will be in support of the 2nd amendment also (america)

Don't create stupid people with Easy stuff to remember...keep it real

if they have a problem with that....then maybe they should be play World of Warcraft instead

just go to a liberal state and ask them to load your pistol for you....Morons

oh and i had a Half idea about exploding ammo...

what if you apply a special effect (like you siad before) to the bullet splash and maximize the damage output so they explode?

you could make a new ammo for it for the Bolt Rifle or the 50 cal barret sniper rifle :)

the trouble is the game doesnt know what will happen untill it is encountered, the seed controls some aspecs the biome types the city placemtns, but what structures are within the sity, what poi is at the end of that gravel road, is anyone guess untill the map actually renders for the first time.

it would be possible on the nav map and player maps to be shared would be possiable. like i blueprint my map and then you read it and it reveals on yours, but having the system reveal a chunk of map for you would be difficult, unless the pimps set it up so we spend a good few hours setting up the initial login to render the entire map beforehand.

You can do all this in CBSM now...it's called /Map AFK

you set it up and when you go aFK you can type that command and it will port you around map rendering it for other people and produce less lag for them and the server

you can also have a online map of the entire server

like this is mine http://www.map.gs/3641/

if you are moderating a server and dont use CBSM..you should get it now and learn it..Best program i used to date...and ha a COuntry blocker for Hackers too

lets say you had a cheater on your server..he gets banned...your global ban list will warn everybody if he logs onto another server with CBSM.....

Archived