A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Can you please explain what you mean for the Lite version ?

Lite Version:

This version is essentially everything except for the locked-down recipe system. The lite version doesn't lock down any item that was originally free.

Im not quite sure to understand that part and I want to install it on my dedicated server. Sorry, im a noob :p

For example in this mod stuff like stone axe's wood frames, even salvaging stuff into scrap iron etc is locked behind a book. Some classes get the books others don't, the lite version bascally gives you all those recipies as if you were playing the base game, but also adds all the new stuff on top. As an example lets take Miner class, in the default game no mod, you can make a forge, in this mod the only class that starts with the ability to craft a forge from the get go is a miner. All the rest have to find the book or make the notes.

So bascally Lite ver=any recipie you can access when you start in the base game you can still access

Full mod: Even starting recipies like woodframes, scraping stuff into scrap iron/lead/brass and such are locked behind books. When you select a class your given some items and some recipie books, in my sample above the miner starts with the forge ahead book, where as no other class does, so all the other classes would have to find the book, or turn survivor notes into the forge ahead book to unlock the forge recipe.

For example in this mod stuff like stone axe's wood frames, even salvaging stuff into scrap iron etc is locked behind a book. Some classes get the books others don't, the lite version bascally gives you all those recipies as if you were playing the base game, but also adds all the new stuff on top. As an example lets take Miner class, in the default game no mod, you can make a forge, in this mod the only class that starts with the ability to craft a forge from the get go is a miner. All the rest have to find the book or make the notes.

So bascally Lite ver=any recipie you can access when you start in the base game you can still access

Full mod: Even starting recipies like woodframes, scraping stuff into scrap iron/lead/brass and such are locked behind books. When you select a class your given some items and some recipie books, in my sample above the miner starts with the forge ahead book, where as no other class does, so all the other classes would have to find the book, or turn survivor notes into the forge ahead book to unlock the forge recipe.

Thanks a lot Siveria. Now I understand perfectly.

Thank you! :D

Ha! Goofing around with creative mode...wasn't aware of the difference between the miner's tnt, and the normal, so dropped 6 of them in this cave I was trying to expand. It expanded alright, holy hell. My gpu went apoplectic. That was awesome.

Lol glad you enjoy it.

Could you please do a Magoli move and consolidate all your separate mods into one single thread with links to all your work? Makes it easier for everyone to download them and doesn't clutter the forums.

Whats a magoli move?

In a way, that is what this mod is. If my mod has something you can grab separately (as in, not exclusive to this) then I do provide links to them in the original post. You can either download my mod which has it all per-applied or if you only want a certain thing (like expanded ammo, guns, tools, ect) I provide links for those who want to find just those. I do have a few mods that aren't listed here (survivor's starter pack for example) but a lot of them are.

I'm not sure if it would actually reduce clutter any, in all honesty. Wouldn't it just add to it by having one more topic? Still, I'll consider it if you think it'd make things easier for people. Thank you for the input.

@Silveria

Thank you very much for explaining that to iamAXO. I appreciate it. :)

Also I'm sorry I didn't explain it clearer originally. I'm already struggling with the limit of how much text you can add to one post. Near the end I was trying to be as brief as possible just to get the whole thing to actually fit.

@Laz Man

Thank you very much.

@Codestance

Interesting find with the exploding crossbow bolt. Thank you for bringing it to my attention - I'll square that up right away. Not sure how/why I made that mistake. Hm. Will also fix the iron crossbow's description.

Nice spreadsheet, thank you for sharing that. If I may would you mind if I included that in the OP, assuming I have room to fit it? That could come in handy :)

Valmar, not sure if a bug or not, but was giving the Veteran a try, and went to scope in and shoot a zed that was not too far from me, and after like 6-8 shots, hadn't hit it once. Does the assault rifle just have a massive fall-off, or might there be something wrong. If needed, I can attempt to get a recording of the problem.

Just how far was it? The assault rifle is actually pretty accurate. It's range isn't as high as a sniper, however. Its possible you can see your target and even line it up in the scope but its just too far away for the bullet to hit.

To put it into perspective the range of the quality assault rifle is 165. The normal sniper is 200. Share a screenshot of the zombie next time your shots missed and I'll compare it with mine. Its not the assault rifle has short range or anything. It actually has pretty decent range, imo. If sniper is to be considered long-range then the assault rifle could be called mid-range.

hmmm thinking about the effective range of an assault rifle. It depends on the ammo really, most assault rifle these days run in the range of effective range of 500-800 meters. If it's shooting at the range of the sniper rifle then it's range is definitely too much since the sniper rifle is suppose to be a high powered caliber round. It's a precision weapon after all for taking out key targets.

• 1 month later...

adding new features.

Hello Valmar.

I wonder if it is possible that you could add some features from 7 Seconds To Live mod, I wanted their tool types, weapon modfication and the armors they had but the mod is for alpha 10 and they don't seems to updated it anymore and I don't know the codes or the know to mod this game at all. It would be awesome to have those things in this awesome mod.

Hello Game Master. I've never heard of 7 Seconds to Live so I would need to see a link to it to check it out to see how complicated their mod is. If its for alpha 10 it might be considerably outdated and need a lot of work on my part to make it compatible with 12.5 standards. I can't make any promises but I could look at it for you to see if its something I would be willing to add to a special pack for you. Understand that if it requires too much effort on my part I'll have to respectfully decline.

Modders to the rescue lol. You guys are awesome. :)

On topic:

Sneak peek but I'm working on some new changes. Some more dynamic loot tables, for one. Slight overhaul to the animal snares. Possibly getting rid of birdsnest entirely in lieu for trees dropping a few feathers or eggs (if its a small tree). Some other things in the works aswell. All to be featured in a "official" server to host the mod on. Dun dun dun.

I'm not sure how much attention it would generate when I share the link. Technically its up and running fine atm but I haven't gotten around to making an official announcement. Plus I still have a bit more work to do with the new mod improvements. Just found out that we can have multiple recipe books teach the same thing now without breaking everything. Oh happy day! No more "eat note to get book" nonsense. Quite pleased.

Anyway the server will be running the full version of this pack. Which, understandably, only appeals to a very small niche due to the locked-down nature of the crafting grid. :)

I do thank you for the sign of support though. Always nice to be appreciated.

Archived