A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

In a manner of speaking it would be possible, sure. Though like I said, its actually a different sniper rifle that is built by using a different part.

All you would have to do is make a new silenced sniper rifle that use all default parts EXCEPT for the added scope and then add a recipe for it.

I don't know what code you use for your silenced sniper so you may need to adjust this to use the added ammo and such. Though, just to add, in my experience alt ammo doesn't actually work properly if the gun doesn't have an attribute. I noticed the pistol code you shared uses alt ammos but doesn't have any attribute assigned to it. Im not sure how it handles bullet damage but whenever I tried a gun with alt ammo that didn't have an attribute all the ammo did the same amount of damage. Perhaps your bullets use buffs to cause damage - I don't know. Just thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, here is an example of a silenced highpowered scope sniper. Adjust it to fit your needs, this is just the barebones code to use as a guideline. Notes: I left the item IDs blank - fill in to suit your needs. I also based this around vanilla code and your provided silenced pistol code - you'll have to add your alt ammo and assign it to the recipe book and loot tables. This is just the item and recipe code.

items.xml

<item id="XXX" name="Silenced_Sniper_HighPowered_Scope">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="sniperRifle" />

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/SniperRifle/sniperRiflePrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="metal" />

<property name="HoldType" value="11" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="1" />

<property name="RepairTools" value="repairKit" />

<property name="Degradation" value="150" param1="false" />

<property name="DegradationBreaksAfter" value="false" />

<property name="Attachments" value="flashlight02" />

<property class="Parts">

<property name="Stock" value="sniperRifle_stock" />

<property name="Receiver" value="HighPowered_Scope" />

<property name="Barrel" value="sniperRifleBarrel" />

<property name="Pump" value="sniperRifleParts" />

</property>

<property class="Action0">

<!-- AttackAction -->

<property name="Class" value="Ranged" />

<property name="Delay" value="0.5" />

<property name="Range" value="200" />

<property name="Rays_per_shot" value="1" />

<property name="Rays_spread" value="0" />

<property name="Crosshair_min_distance" value="30" />

<property name="Crosshair_max_distance" value="100" />

<property name="DamageEntity" value="100" />

<property name="DamageBlock" value="5" />

<property name="Magazine_size" value="5" />

<property name="Magazine_items" value="762mmBullet" />

<property name="Reload_time" value="2.5" />

<property name="Bullet_icon" value="uzi" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="metalhitcloth" />

<property name="Sound_repeat" value="" />

<property name="Sound_end" value="" />

<property name="Sound_empty" value="Weapons/weapon_empty" />

<property name="Sound_reload" value="Weapons/Ranged/SniperRifle/sniperrifle_reload" />

<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="nozzleflashuzi" />

<property name="Particles_muzzle_smoke" value="nozzlesmokeuzi" />

<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="6" />

<property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" />

</property>

<property class="Action1">

<!-- UseAction -->

<property name="Class" value="Zoom" />

<property name="Zoom_overlay" value="Items/Weapons/HUD/sniper_zoom_overlay" />

<property name="Zoom_max_out" value="40" />

<property name="Zoom_max_in" value="10" />

</property>

<!-- Start: Needed for the attachment flashlight -->

<property name="LightSource" value="lightSource" />

<property name="ActivateObject" value="Attachments/flashlight/lightSource" />

<property name="AttachmentFlashlight" value="flashlight02" />

<!-- End: Needed for the attachment flashlight -->

<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />

<property class="Preview">

<property name="Zoom" value="1" />

<property name="Pos" value="-0.15,-0.25" />

<property name="Rot" value="0,-45,0" />

</property>

</item>

<item id="XXX" name="HighPowered_Scope">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="sniperRifle_triggerHousing" />

<property name="PartType" value="Receiver" />

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/sackPrefab" />

<property name="DropMeshfile" value="Items/Misc/sack_droppedPrefab" />

<property name="HoldType" value="45" />

<property name="Degradation" value="100" param1="true" />

<property name="Weight" value="30" />

<property name="Group" value="Resources" />

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="FalloffRange" value="10,90" />

<property name="DegradationMax" value="30,600" />

</property>

<property name="Zoom" value="28" />

<property name="Pos" value="0,-0.05" />

<property name="Rot" value="90,45,0" />

</property>

</item>

Recipe:

<!-- Silenced Sniper High-Powered Scope-->

<recipe name="Silenced_Sniper_HighPowered_Scope" count="1" scrapable="True" craft_time="5" learn_exp_gain="200" craft_exp_gain="1" >

<ingredient name="flashlight02" count="0" grid="0, -1"/>

<ingredient name="sniperRifleBarrel" count="1" grid="1, -1"/>

<ingredient name="HighPowered_Scope" count="1" grid="0, 0"/>

<ingredient name="sniperRifle_stock" count="1" grid="-1, 1"/>

<ingredient name="sniperRifleParts" count="1" grid="1, 0"/>

</recipe>

I tried making silenced weapons before but I didn't like the fact that they were literally silent. I wanted them to make SOME noise. I didn't know there was a way to achieve this, I thought the only option was to remove the sound file from the xml. I didn't know there were suitable replacements. I see your provided pistol code uses "metalhitcloth" as a sound. I haven't tested this myself but if it works I'll definitely be looking into incorporating this in my pack, provided I'm satisfied with the "metalhitcloth" sound effect. Thanks for sharing. To whoever wrote the code, if you're reading this, thank you too.

In a manner of speaking it would be possible, sure. Though like I said, its actually a different sniper rifle that is built by using a different part.

All you would have to do is make a new silenced sniper rifle that use all default parts EXCEPT for the added scope and then add a recipe for it.

I don't know what code you use for your silenced sniper so you may need to adjust this to use the added ammo and such. Though, just to add, in my experience alt ammo doesn't actually work properly if the gun doesn't have an attribute. I noticed the pistol code you shared uses alt ammos but doesn't have any attribute assigned to it. Im not sure how it handles bullet damage but whenever I tried a gun with alt ammo that didn't have an attribute all the ammo did the same amount of damage. Perhaps your bullets use buffs to cause damage - I don't know. Just thought I'd mention it.

Anyway, here is an example of a silenced highpowered scope sniper. Adjust it to fit your needs, this is just the barebones code to use as a guideline. Notes: I left the item IDs blank - fill in to suit your needs. I also based this around vanilla code and your provided silenced pistol code - you'll have to add your alt ammo and assign it to the recipe book and loot tables. This is just the item and recipe code.

items.xml

<item id="XXX" name="Silenced_Sniper_HighPowered_Scope">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="sniperRifle" />

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/SniperRifle/sniperRiflePrefab" />

<property name="HoldType" value="11" />

<property name="RepairTools" value="repairKit" />

<property name="Degradation" value="150" param1="false" />

<property name="DegradationBreaksAfter" value="false" />

<property name="Attachments" value="flashlight02" />

<property class="Parts">

<property name="Stock" value="sniperRifle_stock" />

<property name="Receiver" value="HighPowered_Scope" />

<property name="Barrel" value="sniperRifleBarrel" />

<property name="Pump" value="sniperRifleParts" />

</property>

<property class="Action0">

<!-- AttackAction -->

<property name="Class" value="Ranged" />

<property name="Delay" value="0.5" />

<property name="Range" value="200" />

<property name="Rays_per_shot" value="1" />

<property name="Rays_spread" value="0" />

<property name="Crosshair_min_distance" value="30" />

<property name="Crosshair_max_distance" value="100" />

<property name="DamageEntity" value="100" />

<property name="DamageBlock" value="5" />

<property name="Magazine_size" value="5" />

<property name="Magazine_items" value="762mmBullet" />

<property name="Reload_time" value="2.5" />

<property name="Bullet_icon" value="uzi" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="metalhitcloth" />

<property name="Sound_repeat" value="" />

<property name="Sound_end" value="" />

<property name="Sound_empty" value="Weapons/weapon_empty" />

<property name="Sound_reload" value="Weapons/Ranged/SniperRifle/sniperrifle_reload" />

<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="nozzleflashuzi" />

<property name="Particles_muzzle_smoke" value="nozzlesmokeuzi" />

<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="6" />

<property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" />

</property>

<property class="Action1">

<!-- UseAction -->

<property name="Class" value="Zoom" />

<property name="Zoom_overlay" value="Items/Weapons/HUD/sniper_zoom_overlay" />

<property name="Zoom_max_out" value="40" />

<property name="Zoom_max_in" value="10" />

</property>

<!-- Start: Needed for the attachment flashlight -->

<property name="LightSource" value="lightSource" />

<property name="ActivateObject" value="Attachments/flashlight/lightSource" />

<property name="AttachmentFlashlight" value="flashlight02" />

<!-- End: Needed for the attachment flashlight -->

<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />

<property name="Zoom" value="1" />

<property name="Pos" value="-0.15,-0.25" />

<property name="Rot" value="0,-45,0" />

</property>

</item>

<item id="XXX" name="HighPowered_Scope">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="sniperRifle_triggerHousing" />

<property name="PartType" value="Receiver" />

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/sackPrefab" />

<property name="DropMeshfile" value="Items/Misc/sack_droppedPrefab" />

<property name="HoldType" value="45" />

<property name="Degradation" value="100" param1="true" />

<property name="Weight" value="30" />

<property name="Group" value="Resources" />

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="FalloffRange" value="10,90" />

<property name="DegradationMax" value="30,600" />

</property>

<property name="Zoom" value="28" />

<property name="Pos" value="0,-0.05" />

<property name="Rot" value="90,45,0" />

</property>

</item>

Recipe:

<!-- Silenced Sniper High-Powered Scope-->

<recipe name="Silenced_Sniper_HighPowered_Scope" count="1" scrapable="True" craft_time="5" learn_exp_gain="200" craft_exp_gain="1" >

<ingredient name="flashlight02" count="0" grid="0, -1"/>

<ingredient name="sniperRifleBarrel" count="1" grid="1, -1"/>

<ingredient name="HighPowered_Scope" count="1" grid="0, 0"/>

<ingredient name="sniperRifle_stock" count="1" grid="-1, 1"/>

<ingredient name="sniperRifleParts" count="1" grid="1, 0"/>

</recipe>

I tried making silenced weapons before but I didn't like the fact that they were literally silent. I wanted them to make SOME noise. I didn't know there was a way to achieve this, I thought the only option was to remove the sound file from the xml. I didn't know there were suitable replacements. I see your provided pistol code uses "metalhitcloth" as a sound. I haven't tested this myself but if it works I'll definitely be looking into incorporating this in my pack, provided I'm satisfied with the "metalhitcloth" sound effect. Thanks for sharing. To whoever wrote the code, if you're reading this, thank you too.

Yes, now u mentioned it, i see it uses extra alt ammo types, which i haven't added, i think thats why i got some sort of error with that gun, now removed the extra ammo types and will test if it still generates an error.

Thanks for providing the sniper scope code, i've just added it and will test it in a moment...

I think i took the silenced weapons from one of Andy's mods, not sure if its from him, because i use code from many different sources to make my own game more interesting... But yes, all credits go for the one who provided them in the first place! :D

We're all poineers right? Some ppl invent stuff, others just adjust it for their taste... that's why i like this game and this community so much!

The silenced weapon sound satisfied me. I'm in the process of adding new silenced variants of the weapons to my mod, atm. I'm also introducing a "upgrade" path in skills using my Note system. For example now you won't be able to find an Iron Bow schematic or recipes for the alt arrows. You'll have to craft a "Upgrade Weapon" book using notes that is only unlocked if you know the original recipe. So now tools and weapons will work in a bit of a tier system.

You can find a book to learn a pistol but if you ever want to know how to craft its alt ammo or attach a silencer you will need to upgrade to the next tier. More on that later.

Also added a Boomstick shotgun. Only two shots but its a cannon. I removed the right mouse button zoom so now both mouse clicks cause it to fire so now you can run up and pull BOTH triggers at once if you're fill ballsy against a zombie. Sounds fun to me lol.

Finally, added a shotgun choke for the pumpshotgun.

I have a few more plans in store for the next update but I'll mention them more when I'm closer to being done.

Will probably add the silenced weapons and boomstick to the individual "Expanded Weapons" mod as well.

If you'd like, though I believe I have enough to go on already. I already had the general idea of how to make a silenced pistol the only thing I lacked was a suitable sound effect. Like I said, the only method I knew at the time was to make it have NO sound. I figured there was a suitable sound effect somewhere but didn't know where to start looking or feel like going through the hassle of tracking one down, assuming one existed. This has removed that hassle so now I can move forward.

I admit I am a bit curious how he has you actually craft them though. It looks like his silenced pistol uses the same parts. I suspect he has you craft it by literally adding a silencer to a finished gun. Which is fine but, far as I know, this will cause the gun to "reroll" the quality of the parts. My method will have the silencer actually be a part you use in building the gun. Won't be the most elegant of designs but it should work well enough.

The spoiler tag wont let you bypass the character limit. You'd need an outside source like Pastebin.com to do that. It acts like a online clipboard to paste text into and share. Though I think I know the mod by now. A friend of mine on steam pointed it out and believes the code came from Rongo. He was also nice enough to show the code to me. Assuming that its the same code, his method wouldn't work for me. The recipe glitched whenever tried to dismantle the gun, resulting in losing either the silencer or the stock.

Shame too, it would be a very elegant solution if it wasn't for that.

Oh, and to do spoilers you have to use this code: [*code]Your text goes here.[*/code]

Just remove the stars.

For those who are interested in a bit of beta testing:

https://www.mediafire.com/#12c9c8haesjsm

quick changelog:

1. Scrambled eggs uses animal fat.

2. Adjusted sound of assault rifle.

3. Some adjustment to the durability of the SMG.

4. Miner can make claylumps

5. Buffed siege shells block damage and recipe return.

6. Nerfed siege shells entity damage.

7. can't find weapons greater than "fine" quality

8. Medic and Bruiser start with a one-time-use, class-specific pill to boost their wellness.

9. Snares destroy themselves after being looted.

10. Various loot balances.

11. Slightly nerfed spawn rate of rare zombies.

12. Hunter Class now longer starts with crossbow schematics.

13. Hunter Class now starts with an iron bow.

14. Survivor Class now starts with a crossbow and crossbow schematics.

15. Replace stone axe and hunting knife in class kits with new, non-craftable replacments.

Bigger changes: Silenced weapons. Boomstick. New "upgrade" system that introduces tiers for weapons, tools and ammo. Now to you can't learn steel pickaxe without first knowing the iron pickaxe, for example.

I'll try to give a rough description.

Okay, so. I've added new weapon mods (silencers, shotgun choke) and have tied these unlocks to an upgrade system using the survivor notes. For example now when you learn how to make a pistol you will also learn how to make Weapon_Mod:_Pistol. If you craft this you gain a recipe book that will teach you how to make a silenced pistol.

With the Weapon Mod: Sniper you can learn how to make silenced sniper and high-powered scope sniper.

With the sawed off shotgun you can learn how to make a Boomstick. I think it would make Ash proud, it can even dual-fire.

With the bow it will teach you how to make iron bow.

With a fireaxe it will teach steel fireaxe and combat axe.

With ammo it will teach you the alt ammo types like hollow tip. The arrows and bolts have been placed behind an upgrade path like this as well.

That's just a couple to serve as examples

The formats are:

Weapon_Mod;_XXXX

Tool_Mod:_XXXX

Ammo_Mod:_XXXX

Will hopefully be able to explain it all better later in the guide. I suck at this kind of stuff, lol. The reason its beta is because I haven't updated the guide and I want to to look it over a bit more first before going official just to make sure I'm not missing anything too obvious.

This is exactly what I wanted, i love tiered learning and things to work for. Starting right now, but be advised i did go in and adjusted slightly some crafting time and craft xp since i do not have long to play today, i wanted to get as much in to try as possible.

Id like to install a prefab pack, would replacing the rwg in your file with a prefab one cause any issues? did you add anything into the rwg i need to keep there?

@Renejant

Speaking of bridge code I think I should look in on that sometime. I remember a modder sharing it but they did it via a video instead of actual code in the post so I held off on really looking in on it.

@Jax

Glad to hear the support. I'm hoping it isn't too complicated to figure out.

I didn't change anything in the RWG so you're safe there. The Valmod server actually has the prefab pack installed and seems to be doing okay. :)

@Renejant

Speaking of bridge code I think I should look in on that sometime. I remember a modder sharing it but they did it via a video instead of actual code in the post so I held off on really looking in on it.

The code is basically making use of MultiBlockDim and an UpgradeBlock to swap between the two states.

@Renejant

Yes, it was Mafke who made that little mod, i've retracked its thread for you...

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31672-XML-Drawbridge-amp-Hidden-Doorway-tutorial

Take a look at it, its pretty nifty if you ask me :D

Yep, thats the one. Thank you for the link Renejant. I see the OP has added the code since the last I checked (its been ages now lol)

I'm weird in that I'm more comfortable and can understand a mod better if I see just the code rather than a video. Funny since usually its the other way around where people get confused by a lot of text and need a video to make sense of it. I'm special!

Anyway I'll be hopefully adding it in some form or another after I play around with it to get a good "feel" for it.

Valmar, are you running the new combo pack 9? if you are have you had any issues with it. In the thread for it i posted about a major issue in that i can not run it for longer than 30 minutes at all before it crashes me and the world will no longer load. No one seems to have any idea. i posted my error log and rwg xml there. i dont know if you know anything about errors in prefabs but I am out of ideas on what i can do get that new pack to run for me.

Hey Jax. The server is running, currently, combo pack 9, yes. Haven't heard of any complaints so far from the players. So I assume we haven't had this issue yet. I took a peek at the output log and... I have nothing. Sorry. Normally I'd say "verify the files" but obviously this isn't relevant for someone who wants a mod working :)

You could try redownloading the mod and trying again. Maybe something was corrupted in the original download process. Unlikely but worth a shot.

Another quick beta for any who are interested:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7w4cfqg1ldl6da/ValmodBeta_16.3.zip

At this point in time I believe its ready for "release". I haven't spotted any obvious bugs yet. Which obviously is good. All I need to do now is fix the guide. Though I said that last time too then ended up adding more stuff. Lol. Only significant changes since the last beta build is the inclusion of Maverick's drawbridge mod and the ability to craft "light" versions of the helmets so they can be used like miner's helmets. We have tape, we have flashlights. Why not. Lol.

Is the drawbridge activated with Maverick's "remote" or just hit with a wrench?

with a remote

- - - Updated - - -

Another quick beta for any who are interested:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c7w4cfqg1ldl6da/ValmodBeta_16.3.zip

At this point in time I believe its ready for "release". I haven't spotted any obvious bugs yet. Which obviously is good. All I need to do now is fix the guide. Though I said that last time too then ended up adding more stuff. Lol. Only significant changes since the last beta build is the inclusion of Maverick's drawbridge mod and the ability to craft "light" versions of the helmets so they can be used like miner's helmets. We have tape, we have flashlights. Why not. Lol.

You also added the weapon Mod thingy ;) Not sure what it does yet but I learnt several new recipes for it :)

@Darkscion

Stompy is right it is activated with a remote.

@Stompy

Several? How many notes did you have? Lol.

The mod thingy was intentionally left in. I mentioned it in the last beta share so I didn't think to mention it again. Hopefully sometime today I can find the time to modify the guide and make it "official"

Finally got around to making a update guide for the sake of the new update so now the "official" links have been updated to the newest versions.

Brief changelog:

1. Scrambled eggs and omelet uses animal fat.

2. Adjusted sound of assault rifle.

3. Some adjustment to the durability of the SMG.

4. Miner can make claylumps

5. Buffed siege shells block damage and recipe return.

6. Nerfed siege shells entity damage.

7. can't find weapons greater than "fine" quality

8. Medic and Bruiser start with a one-time-use, class-specific pill to boost their wellness.

9. Snares destroy themselves after being looted.

10. Various loot balances.

11. Slightly nerfed spawn rate of rare zombies.

12. Hunter Class now longer starts with crossbow schematics.

13. Hunter Class now starts with an iron bow.

14. Survivor Class now starts with a crossbow and crossbow schematics.

15. Replace stone axe and hunting knife in class kits with new, non-craftable replacments.

16. Adjusted the animal snare recipe in the Lite version to no longer mistakeningly require corn.

17. Fixed a mistake in the Cement book.

18. Added meads to snow zombies loot.

19. Many bowl-related recipes can be cooked without a cooking pot as a last-minute resort.

20. Fixed a vanilla bug with the football helmet

21. Added silencers.

22. Added a shotgun choke for the pumpshotgun.

23. Added a special sawed off shotgun called Boomstick.

24. Can attach flashlights to various helmets.

25. Added swathelmet and kevlar helmet to feral loot.

26. Added swathelmet to cop loot.

27. Miner will start with a few iron ingots and a steel pickaxe.

28. Large gun safes now have can drop a larger arrow of weapons.

29. Added Maverick/Mafke's "drawbridge" mod.

30. Snares now need to be baited with animal feed which can be crafte with three tree seeds.

31. Can get back weaponoil from a refiner.

@Valmar -

You've done amazing work - I can't wait to try stuff from your mod. :)

I have a lot of my own mods, though, so I've been going through the individual mods that make up valmod (that you linked to) piecing things together and formatting them to work with SD2DX (so that I can switch the mods on and off as desired/needed).

So far, it's coming along quite well, but I am having trouble sorting out the "character classes"-related stuff. The individual "survivor pack starting gear" mod linked to on the other page is for an earlier version of your stuff before you added multiple classes and the ability to choose, I think (unless I'm missing something. I'm so tired... haha).

It's a long shot, I know -- but I was just wondering if you happen to already have all the character classes related stuff (from the many xml files) separated out into a single file or multiple files or something somewhere?

If you don't, I understand -- I certainly don't expect you to do any extra work on my account (you've clearly got enough on your plate) -- I'm just getting a little overwhelmed trying to sort through and separate the stuff out from the full config files you posted for Valmod, so I figured it didn't hurt to inquire about it. :)

I do apologize if it's already been posted somewhere or something, I tried looking through all the forum posts and such that I could find to make sure.

In any case:

If you do happen to have the additions / modifications used in the "character class" mod in a separate file somewhere or something and you can perhaps post it on pastebin or link me to it somewhere else or something, I would so greatly appreciate it.

I can't wait to have the classes in my game. :)

Thanks so much for everything you do!

Hello Carmela. Sorry that there were no pre-done 2d2dx mods for you. I was thinking of making compatible versions but I don't know if 2D2DX can be used without violating EAC so I canceled that plan.

Ahem. Anyway, to answer your questions...

Yes, some of the mods are outdated in that sense. That isn't to say they don't still work - they certainly do. The versions I have in Valmod are modified or more advanced in some ways, though. Like my "Expanded Weapons and Tools" mod doesn't include all the new guns Valmod has or the silencers.

To touch the starting gear specifically however I wouldn't call it outdated, per say. I view the starting gear mod and the class system in Valmod to be two separate mods with different goals. Though the class mod did get its birth from the starting gear (you could probably see some of the original discussion there and see where the idea formed). At the time of writing this I never shared shared the Class Mod specifically. Mainly due to it being, well, kinda lackluster in vanilla.

Valmod (full) adds a lot of new recipes and locks many vanilla recipes behind books. This makes it easier to make classes since I have more things I can hand out. Though I could look into making a Class Mod separately for those that want it. Shouldn't be that hard to snip it out from the Valmod Lite. I also need to update the Survivor Note mod one of these days to take advantage of the new "Read for recipe" method.

I get where you're coming from and when I started this pack I did want to keep most of my mods compartmentalized so players could pick-and-choose various things. I haven't really done a great job of sticking with that goal however. For that I'm sorry.

Since you're interested in it I will see if I can't get JUST the code for the classes set up for you. In exchange, perhaps you could share any SD2DX conversions of any of my mods you've already made so that anyone interested in using that approach in the future could use your file? No pressure, of course.

Anyway, give me some time and I'll try to rip the class system out of Valmod. No promises on a time frame. :)

I piece together mods from ALL versions of this game. Valmod, Deathwish, Live Free, Walking Dead, Headbangers etc.

I would LOVE to see what you came up with. Since i a new to this my file looks like Dr Frankenstein on a bender, but my plan is to start fresh on A13 with a centrally located file with JUST additions and not copy pastes from vanilla and mods in one file (which is what my sd2dx file is now, a complete overwrite instead of just adding proper replacements for all to enjoy).

That being said, i want to thank Val again for his hard work. I tried to Frankenstein his mod, but alas like the townies of Geneva he has found a way to destroy my monster lol.

@Jax

I'm sorry my mod attacked your monster. It's a shame since I'm very pro-madscientist and encourage Frankie work. Maybe I can help fix the issue if its really my mod that killed it :p

@Carmela

Here are the required xml edits for the class mod, stripped down to be vanilla-compatible.

Items

Blocks

Loot

Recipes

EntityClasses

NOTE! All of that other than entityclasses can just be added to your appropriate xml file. However the entityclasses code will have to replace the vanilla one. It would actually be easier and safer, imo, to just adjust the "itemsonentergame" properties manually here, I only provided the full code to help show what it would look like.

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP" value="Class Selection,Class Key" />

<property name="ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP" value="Class Selection,Class Key,keystone" />

Replace the two "ItemsOnEnterGame" lines for both the male and female player with the above code. Hopefully that makes sense - if you've been converting mods to SD2DX I assume you know what to do here though :)

Hope that helps.

Archived