A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

@Tykune

The bridge bug is known and mentioned in the guide. The bridges have been known to be glitch out their placement if you place them while facing north or east. Nothing I can really do about that. Well, I could probably get around it if I made the bridge a "normal" sized block (full square) instead of the flat version. But I find the flat bridge to be more aesthetically pleasing so opted to stick with this since it isn't a game breaking bug and can be worked around.

I imagine the tile bug you mention is also related to that.

@Jdizzy

There was a problem with the old version where the oil refiner would not properly "upgrade" if it didn't have sunlight hitting it. This is because it was using the "plant growing" system. I've since changed it in the latest version so now it uses the "upgraderated" system. Think of the reinforced concrete. You know how when you fill it up you have to leave it to "set" and it hardens over time? It's using that system now. So now it doesn't matter where the block is, just wait a while and it should produce the goods.

If you're not using the latest version then I'd recommend quickly updating. My updates are, of course, backwards compatible so you won't have to worry about messing up your save or making a new map. If, for whatever reason, you don't want to update then to get it work you'd need to have the refiner outside. Treat it like you would a plant. If a tree won't grow, it won't grow.

Though, again, I highly recommend getting the update. That should solve the problem.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or problems.

It was updated on the 25th, I believe. So its possible you don't have the latest. The file is tiny so it wouldn't be a huge hassle to redownload it just to be sure. If you still have the zip folder on your computer you can tell what version it was. The latest, at the time of writing this, is Valmod 16.4

Though to be clear the upgrade is not meant to be instant. Even after you "repair" it the refiner is supposed to take time before giving you back the goods. In this case it takes the same amount of time it would take for the reinforced concrete block to "harden". I will look into changing the texture of the block in A13 to make it more obvious what state it currently is in (empty vs processing, for example).

If nothing occurs when you try to repair it then it means its currently already upgraded and thus "processing" the oil. If you have the newest version this should take a while. I think 15 minutes (again, whatever time it takes reinforced concrete). If you're using the older version however it will take days, the same amount of time it would take a tree to grow. It would also have to be outside in the sun where a plant would grow - though the type of land its on should not matter.

Sorry for the hassle.

Thank you, I'm happy you're enjoying it. I do completely plan on updating my mod to A13 when the time comes. It may take me a while (week maybe?) to actually get it out, however. From what Madmole has said A13 will have us modders pulling the hair from our heads to get everything working. His words, not mine. So unless he was exaggerating it sounds like there will be a lot of work involved in getting things working. Plus as you might have noticed my mod is especially.... big. I have a lot of new items, blocks, recipes, loots... So obviously its going to be a bigger task for me to update my mod then it would be to update, say, a smaller mod that only changes one or two things.

Still when A13 arrives sometime next year [joke] I plan on bringing the mod over as quickly as I can. Just don't expect it be out and ready on day one. :p

If it helps any, I'm an admin on a server that hosts this mod that has quite a few active players. Which means I have plenty of motivation to get my mod updated ASAP. Don't want to lose all our long-time members because we're too slow to update to A13. :) I just hope players understand how much work and time has to go into these large mods to get them updated. This applies to all the "big" mods out there, not just mine either. Most of us modders do this in our freetime, often while also juggling work, kids, life in general. So naturally there might be some delays to getting things up and running for A13. :eagerness:

Note: I'm not implying you expect things instantly or anything like that. I'm just clarifying all this for general purposes so that others who read hopefully get a little perspective.

Thank you, I'm happy you're enjoying it. I do completely plan on updating my mod to A13 when the time comes. It may take me a while (week maybe?) to actually get it out, however. From what Madmole has said A13 will have us modders pulling the hair from our heads to get everything working. His words, not mine. So unless he was exaggerating it sounds like there will be a lot of work involved in getting things working. Plus as you might have noticed my mod is especially.... big. I have a lot of new items, blocks, recipes, loots... So obviously its going to be a bigger task for me to update my mod then it would be to update, say, a smaller mod that only changes one or two things.

Still when A13 arrives sometime next year [joke] I plan on bringing the mod over as quickly as I can. Just don't expect it be out and ready on day one. :p

If it helps any, I'm an admin on a server that hosts this mod that has quite a few active players. Which means I have plenty of motivation to get my mod updated ASAP. Don't want to lose all our long-time members because we're too slow to update to A13. :) I just hope players understand how much work and time has to go into these large mods to get them updated. This applies to all the "big" mods out there, not just mine either. Most of us modders do this in our freetime, often while also juggling work, kids, life in general. So naturally there might be some delays to getting things up and running for A13. :eagerness:

Note: I'm not implying you expect things instantly or anything like that. I'm just clarifying all this for general purposes so that others who read hopefully get a little perspective.

Unfortanly, you are absolute right!!!! This will be much work. But I think it will be awesome!!!!!

@Fireidar

Interesting. According to what I can read in the screenshot it appears that there is a problem in the spawning.xml.

This is not a xml I modify in my mod, however. Have you tried adding other mods before?

Firstly please verify the game's integrity to make sure everything is fresh and clean. You can do this by right clicking the game in your steam library, clicking properties, going to the local files tab and then clicking Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

After this is done please redownload my file, open it and then drag-drop all the included xml files over into your config folder, being sure to overwrite yours when asked. Then try.

Also note its best to start this on a new map.

If you still have the problem then I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps sharing the output log would help. I've tested the mod on my end multiple times and it works fine. Even have a server running it 24-7, no problems.

With my mod all you have to do is drag and drop the files. Thats it. No extra step, no other application needed. I find this approach to be safer and ultimately easier for the end-user. It also discourages people from adding my mod to other overhauls. Which I'm fine with, don't get me wrong, but there could be a lot of compatibility issues.

With my mod all you have to do is drag and drop the files. Thats it. No extra step, no other application needed. I find this approach to be safer and ultimately easier for the end-user. It also discourages people from adding my mod to other overhauls. Which I'm fine with, don't get me wrong, but there could be a lot of compatibility issues.

Ok, thanks for trying though :p

Archived