A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hey Valmar,

First, love the mod. I run a private server for myself and 6 friends and we love the class/note system. We'll be exclusively playing your modpack from now on.

How are you taking bug reports? We've been finding the Survivor's starting briefcase in the loot on zombies, trash bags and tree stumps.

Hello Dark. I'm happy you and your friends are enjoying the mod.

I'll take bug reports in whatever way is most convenient to you. Be it this topic, pm or steam chat. I welcome and encourage bug reports and will do my best to remedy any problems immediately when they're brought to my attention. I also apologize in advance for any bugs you may run into. As you can hopefully understand my mod is quite large and has many different components and I'm only one guy. I can only test it so much myself.

Now, on to your bug:

The survivor's starting briefcase is dropping loot? Thats... thats quite bizarre. Have you dont any other modding at all besides mine? What you're reporting shouldn't be possible. The Class briefcases are not assigned to drop in anything - they're only an item you can craft once.

You could be confusing it with the Locked Survivor's Briefcase (different from what you start with) but these are set to only drop in the the Suspicious Stumps. If you're finding them in trash bags or corpses is it possible that someone put it in there as a way of offloading it (thinking of it as trash loot and tossing it out to make room for something else)?

Its a strange problem to have and, looking at my loot and block xml, it shouldn't be possible to occur naturally.

If you're up for it you could package your config folder up in a zip and send it my way - I could look at it to confirm that all the settings are accurate. I assume you are using the latest version?

Also worth mentioning: There is actually a new version coming out soon which has new features. its technically done and ready for release (may need some balancing down the road but that'll have to wait until I get more feedback) but I haven't gotten around to making updated "guides" for it. So some of the linked information pages on how things work (like snares, for example) may no longer be completely accurate. Even the Notes are a bit different because you no longer need to "eat" them to get the book - they can actually teach you the skills directly now (woo woo).

Working up an accurate guide will take me some time as this is something I do in my freetime and cannot devote full attention. If however you'll like to test out the newest revision to see if that fixes any bug you might have (or introduce new ones, know knows, magic) you can find links here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/12c9c8haesjsm/Valmod_Beta

It should be perfectly backwards compatible.

No I think they're working as intended. We figured out how to get the keys to open them so all is well. We'll try out your new version and I'll PM you any feedback. I think the guide for the mod pack is the most important thing. There are so many new features that you miss out on some of them unless they're all detailed. Great work!

Just a heads up I've released a new update to the Valmod. Quite a big one, actually. Included a new Guide text file with the included download that has all the features.

Will focus on balance now and will gradually adjust the related values on the server and will update the download file after its accumulated a couple of balance tweaks instead of constantly updating it every time I make one little tweak.

Hello Game Master. I've never heard of 7 Seconds to Live so I would need to see a link to it to check it out to see how complicated their mod is. If its for alpha 10 it might be considerably outdated and need a lot of work on my part to make it compatible with 12.5 standards. I can't make any promises but I could look at it for you to see if its something I would be willing to add to a special pack for you. Understand that if it requires too much effort on my part I'll have to respectfully decline.

This is the link for the mod and it had some pretty good features in it I would be glad if you can add some like the tool types, armor and weapon modifacation and if it is too much work for you I would accept you decline :) (your mod is still amazing)

http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?20397-7-Seconds-to-Live-Content-amp-Gameplay-Mod

@Jax

I suffer from insomnia, also. This mod is a testament to that. Lol

@Game Master

Holy cow. Lol. Thats a biggun. It also mods assets. I'm not going to be able to help with that one, sorry.

@Darkscion0

Some new recipes which you should be able to find out more in the following sections: #1, #2, #3, #9, #13, #16, #18, #19, #20

Never "officially" shared a change log (I should, Im just lazy) but I did list a lot of it in the steam board as I was doing it as I was getting a lot of great back-and-forth from another user. I'll copy paste some of it here to give you an idea of whats been added:

1. I've overhauled the snares to allow them to work without bait to catch rabbit. You can "upgrade" them with corn (not seed, will explain later) to give them a chance to capture rabbit, birds, gophers or pigs. I also adjusted the appearance so that a non-captured lure looks like a small pile of hay. The idea is that the lure is hidden in there and "springs" up when it captures something.

I might look into making "big game" traps for deer and bears that are tougher to make and need their own book (Big Game Hunting 101?). I'm not sure. The fact that they cant actually spawn the animal kills it a bit immersion wise. Maybe the loot would have a chance to include zombie loot too... because funny.

2. I've gotten rid of the rabbit recipes. It's been replaced with Small Game variants. Charred Small Game, Boiled Small Game, Small Game Stew. Rabbit, Gopher and Bird are all essentially the same now.

3. I now included both Three Meat Stew and Chunky Meat Stew. Three Meat Stew is made with rabbit, bird and gopher meat. Chunky Meat is made with bear, venison and pork. I also added canned verisons of these stews so now you have more canning options.

4. I added some of my canned foods and soups to the relevant loot tables to add a spice of variety. Also buffed egg drop count in fridges.

5. Added arrow heads to the dog loot.

6. Buffed the puking zombie cop's loot list. He'll now have a chance to drop "eliteschematics" that include essentially all the bullet and gun related recipes. Plus security measures, explosives 101, and combat axe. Take that, RNG! Screw your bookcases.

7. Buffed the feral loot. Militaryguns and ammo, military weapon parts, and eliteschematics.

8. Buffed the fat bomber loot a bit. Also gave him the stomping snow zombie walk to help identify him.

9. Buffed the feral crawler loot. He can now drops ammo and common weapon parts.

10. Added a new zombie - a cop. Difference is that he doesn't puke and has lower health than the "boss" cop. He drops common weapon parts, ammo and a chance for elite schematics. He should have a fairly rare spawn rate though. About the same as the feral crawler. I'll have to play with it for a while to see how "rare" rare really is though.

11. Snow hunter, lumberjack and worker all have unique loot tables now.

Hunter can drop huntingrifle parts, hunting-related schematics, huntingrifle+ammo, crossbow+ammo, plaidshirts and animalhide.

Lumberjack can drop plaidshirts, fuel logs, wood logs, ammo, lumberjack-relayed tools (chainsaw, axes, smallengine, gas) and related schematics.

Worker can drop craftsman-related tools and schematics - include some auger parts just because.

12. Backpacks have a chance to drop certain books. I call the group "studentbooks" and try to keep them at least vaguely inline with something you might find in a students backpack. Some liberties were perhaps taken here.

13. Garage Loot box now can drop appropiate skill books.

14. Working stiffs can now drop appropiate tool skill books.

15. Added a chance for "Dead Miner" corpses to spawn in caves that have miner-specific items, blocks (ore, stone, ect) and schematics.

16. Added a "fuel log" block that can be crafted with chemisty. It's essentially a normal log with x3 the burn time.

17. Adjusted all the plant (not tree, though) seeds so now they wont let you place them if the plant cant actually grow there. No more wasting seeds. Also made it so corn couldn't grow literally on anything, which it was doing for some strange reason.

18. Nurses and medicine cabinets can drop the doctor-related skillbooks. Nurse can also drop chemistry book.

19. Most trees now have a chance to drop feathers. The larger the tree the better the chance of tattered feathers falling. The smaller the tree the higher the chance of fathers falling. Smaller trees have a chance to drop eggs with the rational being that you could reach the nest and retrieve them since it wasn't really high from the ground.

20. Lowered the Quality gun recipes so they only need one part and three repair kits.

21. Added chemisty skill book and a oil recipe using tallow in a beaker.

22. Hollow Stump can now drop survivor notes or even a journal.

23. Suspicious Stump now has a chance to drop another set of loot instead of a the survivor's briefcase.

24. Classes start with only one recipe that teaches them everything instead of needing to read a bunch of books.

25. Notes now teach you the recipe instead of needing you to "eat" them to get the relevant recipe book.

26. Nerfed the birdnest drop rate. Left them in the game, however, so that there is a chance for players to find them. Though they should be very rare with the changes I've made. Only testing will tell.

27. Added Scrambled Eggs. Cook two eggs in a cooking pot. Not rocket science.

COPY/PASTE 2:

1. Nests can fall from trees.

2. New oil recipes:

Two tallow and bottled water in a beaker.

One Crude Oil in a beaker.

Three tallow and a empty jar in crafting grid - this recipe takes over twice the time as the others.

OilBarrel no longer uses gas cans or gives gas cans - it now gives crude oil.

3. Added crudeOil ore to the game. Can spawn in desert caves or random gen, though a lower chance than other ores.

4. Added two new mining blocks:

Oil_Refiner: can be crafted if you learn the schematic. Can also sometimes be found in caves. You can "repair" it with 5 crude oil which will make it enter a "processing" stage and after some time it will process the oil into gas cans.

Mining Station: These have a chance to spawn in caves and can drop ores and stones.

5. Added the non-gated molds to the Junk Scrapping book.

Played 3 days on your server Val and loving the mod. Some very cool stuff you have here :)

The only issue I've had so far is trying to turn crude into oil. I learned the chemistry notes and have a beaker, but when I try to cook it the timer counts down to almost complete then doesn't tick over to a finished product. Am I missing something or is it bugging out?

Found some small errors....

Hey valmar,

I have been using snippets of your mod recently... especially the silenced guns. Now i want to adress an issue that i have found within your code.

I think u forgot to add the silencedsniperRifle to the learning of the recipe:

<!-- sniper rifle schematic -->
   <item id="725" name="sniperRifleSchematic">
       <property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/Book" />
       <property name="Material" value="paper" />
       <property name="HoldType" value="21" />
       <property name="Stacknumber" value="50" />

<property class="Action1">
           <!-- UseAction -->
           <property name="Class" value="LearnRecipe" />
           <property name="Title" value="Hunters Handbook" />
           <property name="Description" value="Learn to assemble and maintain a sniper rifle." />
           <property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="sniperRifle,silencedHuntingRifle" /> [color="#FFD700"]silencedsniperRifle, i think u forgot to add/change this[/color] 
           <property name="Delay" value="0" />
           <property name="Sound_start" value="Misc/recipe_unlocked" />
       </property>
       <property name="FuelValue" value="20" />
       <property name="Weight" value="20" />
       <property name="Group" value="Special Items" />
       <property class="Preview">
           <property name="Zoom" value="10" />
           <property name="Pos" value="0,-0.2" />
           <property name="Rot" value="90,45,0" />
       </property>
   </item>

Also, i have found that when using the silencedPistol, it creates an unknown error, resulting in closing the cheat menu...

And the flashlight can't be attached to it, while the code says it can be done...

<item id="875" name="silencedPistol">
       <property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/PistolPrefab" />
       <property name="Material" value="metal" />
       <property name="HoldType" value="1" />
       <property name="CustomIcon" value="pistol" />
	<property name="CustomIconTint" value="ffd700" />
	<property name="Stacknumber" value="1" />
       <property name="RepairTools" value="repairKit" />
       <property name="Degradation" value="175" param1="false" />
       <property name="DegradationBreaksAfter" value="false" />
       <property name="SoundJammed" value="Weapons/weapon_jam" />
	<property name="Attachments" value="flashlight02" />     
       <property class="Parts">
           <property name="Stock" value="pistol_grip" />
           <property name="Receiver" value="pistol_receiver" />
           <property name="Pump" value="pistol_parts" />
           <property name="Barrel" value="pistol_barrel" />
       </property>
       <property class="Action0">
           <!-- AttackAction -->
           <property name="Class" value="Ranged" />
           <property name="Delay" value="0.15" />
           <property name="Range" value="120" />

<property name="DamageBlock" value="1" />
           <property name="Magazine_size" value="15" />
           <property name="Magazine_items" value="9mmBullet,9mmHollowTip,9mmJacketed" />
           <property name="Reload_time" value="2" />
           <property name="Bullet_icon" value="pistol" />
           <property name="Sound_start" value="metalhitcloth" />
           <property name="Sound_repeat" value="" />
           <property name="Sound_end" value="" />
           <property name="Sound_empty" value="Weapons/weapon_empty" />
           <property name="Sound_reload" value="Weapons/Ranged/Pistol/pistol_reload" />
           <property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="nozzleflash" />
           <property name="Particles_muzzle_smoke" value="nozzlesmoke" />
           <property name="DamageBonus.head" value="6" />
           <property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" />
       </property>
           <!-- UseAction -->
           <property name="Class" value="Zoom" />
           <property name="Zoom_max_out" value="35" />
           <property name="Zoom_max_in" value="35" />
       </property>
	[color="#FFD700"]<!-- Start: Needed for the attachment flashlight -->
	<property name="LightSource" value="lightSource" />
	<property name="ActivateObject" value="Attachments/flashlight/lightSource" />
	<property name="AttachmentFlashlight" value="flashlight02" />
	<!-- End: Needed for the attachment flashlight -->[/color]        
       <property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />
           <property name="Zoom" value="14" />
           <property name="Pos" value="0.1,-0.1" />
           <property name="Rot" value="0,-45,0" />
       </property>
   </item>

I think u may need to review these snippets of code and adjust them properly...

Played 3 days on your server Val and loving the mod. Some very cool stuff you have here :)

The only issue I've had so far is trying to turn crude into oil. I learned the chemistry notes and have a beaker, but when I try to cook it the timer counts down to almost complete then doesn't tick over to a finished product. Am I missing something or is it bugging out?

I've also had this issue at different times with the herbal antibiotics, antibiotics and glue recipes.

@Stompy

No, you're not missing anything. The recipe itself is not busted, or at least, it works fine for me in my SP test. I believe the issue you're experiencing is a rather typical server issue. I've had similar bugs with cooking many, many times - with vanilla files. I think it might be tied to items that have "long" cooking times - though I can't be sure.

@Renejant

Well, this is awkward. That isn't my code. I never made any silenced weapons. Sniper rifle only has a High-Powered Scope variant - no silenced version. You must have gotten that mod from someone else. This is my sniper and schematic:

<item id="49" name="sniperRifle">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Weapons/Ranged/SniperRifle/sniperRiflePrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="metal" />

<property name="HoldType" value="11" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="1" />

<property name="RepairTools" value="repairKit" />

<property name="Degradation" value="150" param1="false" />

<property name="DegradationBreaksAfter" value="false" />

<property name="Attachments" value="flashlight02" />

<property class="Parts">

<property name="Stock" value="sniperRifle_stock" />

<property name="Receiver" value="sniperRifle_triggerHousing" />

<property name="Barrel" value="sniperRifleBarrel" />

<property name="Pump" value="sniperRifleParts" />

</property>

<property class="Action0">

<!-- AttackAction -->

<property name="Class" value="Ranged" />

<property name="Delay" value="0.5" />

<property name="Range" value="200" />

<property name="Rays_per_shot" value="1" />

<property name="Rays_spread" value="0" />

<property name="Crosshair_min_distance" value="30" />

<property name="Crosshair_max_distance" value="100" />

<property name="DamageEntity" value="100" />

<property name="DamageBlock" value="5" />

<property name="Magazine_size" value="5" />

<property name="Magazine_items" value="762mmBullet, 762mm_Hollow_Point, 762mm_Incendiary" />

<property name="Reload_time" value="2.5" />

<property name="Bullet_icon" value="uzi" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="Weapons/Ranged/SniperRifle/sniperrifle_fire" />

<property name="Sound_repeat" value="" />

<property name="Sound_end" value="" />

<property name="Sound_empty" value="Weapons/weapon_empty" />

<property name="Sound_reload" value="Weapons/Ranged/SniperRifle/sniperrifle_reload" />

<property name="Particles_muzzle_fire" value="nozzleflashuzi" />

<property name="Particles_muzzle_smoke" value="nozzlesmokeuzi" />

<property name="DamageBonus.head" value="6" />

<property name="DamageBonus.glass" value="25" />

</property>

<!-- UseAction -->

<property name="Class" value="Zoom" />

<property name="Zoom_overlay" value="Items/Weapons/HUD/sniper_zoom_overlay" />

<property name="Zoom_max_out" value="40" />

<property name="Zoom_max_in" value="20" />

</property>

<!-- Start: Needed for the attachment flashlight -->

<property name="LightSource" value="lightSource" />

<property name="ActivateObject" value="Attachments/flashlight/lightSource" />

<property name="AttachmentFlashlight" value="flashlight02" />

<!-- End: Needed for the attachment flashlight -->

<property name="Group" value="Ammo/Weapons" />

<property name="Zoom" value="1" />

<property name="Pos" value="-0.15,-0.25" />

<property name="Rot" value="0,-45,0" />

</property>

<property class="Attributes">

<property name="BlockDamage" value="1,1" />

</property>

</item>

<item id="725" name="sniperRifleSchematic">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Misc/Book" />

<property name="Material" value="paper" />

<property name="HoldType" value="21" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="50" />

<!-- UseAction -->

<property name="Class" value="LearnRecipe" />

<property name="Title" value="Hunters Handbook" />

<property name="Description" value="Learn to assemble and maintain a sniper rifle." />

<property name="Recipes_to_learn" value="sniperRifle,Sniper_HighPowered_Scope" />

<property name="Delay" value="0" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="Misc/recipe_unlocked" />

</property>

<property name="FuelValue" value="20" />

<property name="Weight" value="20" />

<property name="Group" value="Special Items" />

<property name="Zoom" value="10" />

<property name="Pos" value="0,-0.2" />

<property name="Rot" value="90,45,0" />

</property>

</item>

The pistol also is not mine. Perhaps you thought it was since my mod also adds new ammo. I call my Hollow Tip ammo "Xmm_Hollow_Point", however. Yours is clearly from a different mod. While I have no issue with you taking snippits from my Valmod Pack I'd recommend using the individual mods I provide in the Collection link. It would be easier then trying to take bits out of this, as it introduces the probability of user error - with all respect.

@Darkscoin0

Ah marvelous find. Thank you. I've fixed it and updated the zips. Funny that it slipped by me because I specifically remember fixing this in the "beta" version. Oh well. Thanks again.

@valmar, yes i see it now, it is from someone else...thought it was from your mod, my mistake as i use bits and pieces from every mod i find and implement them into my own solo game...

But you were talking about an high powered scope variant, could you explain what it does?

@Stompy

No, you're not missing anything. The recipe itself is not busted, or at least, it works fine for me in my SP test. I believe the issue you're experiencing is a rather typical server issue. I've had similar bugs with cooking many, many times - with vanilla files. I think it might be tied to items that have "long" cooking times - though I can't be sure.

Ok cheers :)

It's the first time I've had it come up since I started playing so wasn't sure if it was game code bug or mod bug, couldn't see anything wrong in the code so def a game code issue.

I'll try again tonight and see if its working ;) Maybe will need to make a new campfire.

Playing with 200+ ping sure makes melee a challenge ;) luckily I found a flawless spiked club :)

Oh, forgot to mention, I love those feral ravagers, they are super creepy :)

@valmar, yes i see it now, it is from someone else...thought it was from your mod, my mistake as i use bits and pieces from every mod i find and implement them into my own solo game...

But you were talking about an high powered scope variant, could you explain what it does?

The diff between sniper and high power scope sniper is the max zoom in (20 vs 10)

@Renjant

StompyNZ already covered it (Thank you) but I might as well add a bit more to it. Essentially, its a new sniper rifle with, like the name suggests, a high-powered scope. Its a scope that allows for a further magnification. You don't "Attach" it to the weapon in the same way as you attach a flashlight (though this may be possible, I never really looked into it honestly) its actually a weapon part that you can exchange out.

@Stompy and Dark

Glad you're enjoying those ravagers. I'm a bit worried they're not quite rare enough, though. Hopefully their loot compensates for the hassle but I may still need to look into making them spawn less. Undecided. Most of the feedback I've gotten on them has been positive though, so maybe they're okay as-is.

@Stompy

Just incase you're not sure (you mention "At first" so you probably figured it out) the ones that explode are the ones that stomp around. They have a different walk animation. Once you notice it you should know what what to look out for.

Archived