A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I'm sorry but I have no idea what I did. I have the output log but I kinna remove everything behind the "cannot expand memorybug" and everything before it,but I do have when it said "Unloading unused Assets". Yeah,it's an alpha game, I just have to deal with it. It's be a pain but hopefully the next path will fix some of it.

http://pastebin.com/PbnMzZuq

Btw, I am running a peer to peer since my gf also connect to my world. I also have a 16g of ram. I stay just below 4g of memory as indicate in task manager during play time.

Are you running a x64 bit OS?

The "unloading unused asset" is normal. Its why I'd need to see the output log immediately after you get the crash. Still, I'm sorry you lost half your base. I know your pain - someone blew up my base I spent hours working on. Lol. You could give yourself creative mode to 'cheat' your way back to where you were, however. It's only fair since the game did that to you.

You can toggle creative mode by opening the console with the ~ KEY and entering cm so now when you hit I believe its the U key you'll get the creative menu and be able to get any block or item you want.

I was looking through the items list in the console and I cannot seem to find the ID for the remote. Also, using listitems in the console, there is no such thing as bridgestart, but we do have all the bridges such as oldbridge, bridgeexpansion, etc. We are ultimately just trying to make a drawbridge.. what am I missing?

@Tykune

I do not know about the item list in the console. I always use creative menu to get items. That being said it is possible it doesn't show/work with items above 903 - same as the creative menu. This means you would need to use a custom group to find any item over 903. More on this can be found here.

That being said you dont NEED the remote to activate the bridge in my experience. You're supposed to but it seems to activate with any repair-capable item, such as a stone axe or hammer.

The bridge you're looking for is not bridgestart (not sure where you got that idea from) nor oldbridge, bridgeexpansion, ect. My bridge is called, simply, Bridge. Its block id 2031. There are other bridge types but that is the basic one. Again its possible the console method of getting these items/blocks does not work for things that are not vanilla. I do not know for sure. It would be easier and quicker if you use the creative menu to get the bridges.

To activate creative mode do the following:

Open console with ~

Enter cm

Now hit the U key on the keyboard to bring up the creative menu. Search for bridge. Profit.

If you have trouble with this or otherwise still need help please let me know.

@Tykune

I do not know about the item list in the console. I always use creative menu to get items. That being said it is possible it doesn't show/work with items above 903 - same as the creative menu. This means you would need to use a custom group to find any item over 903. More on this can be found here.

That being said you dont NEED the remote to activate the bridge in my experience. You're supposed to but it seems to activate with any repair-capable item, such as a stone axe or hammer.

The bridge you're looking for is not bridgestart (not sure where you got that idea from) nor oldbridge, bridgeexpansion, ect. My bridge is called, simply, Bridge. Its block id 2031. There are other bridge types but that is the basic one. Again its possible the console method of getting these items/blocks does not work for things that are not vanilla. I do not know for sure. It would be easier and quicker if you use the creative menu to get the bridges.

To activate creative mode do the following:

Open console with ~

Enter cm

Now hit the U key on the keyboard to bring up the creative menu. Search for bridge. Profit.

If you have trouble with this or otherwise still need help please let me know.

Thank you for the quick response. Is the bridge locked behind a recipe book?

If you are not using the Lite version then yes, it is locked behind Security Measures. If you are playing a map that started without this version of the mod installed you may need to re-read security measures to get the recipe as newly-added recipes do not automatically carry-over for players who have already read the book.

This book is above the 903 item limit so you would need a custom group to find it in the creative menu.

Were you able to find the bridge in the creative menu?

If you are not using the Lite version then yes, it is locked behind Security Measures. If you are playing a map that started without this version of the mod installed you may need to re-read security measures to get the recipe as newly-added recipes do not automatically carry-over for players who have already read the book.

This book is above the 903 item limit so you would need a custom group to find it in the creative menu.

Were you able to find the bridge in the creative menu?

I was. Thank you

Just installed your mod on a test server, and I have to say the class system is ingeinous. I have been attempting to do something rp-related in game for awhile now. We will probably end up using the lite, or maybe a less 'heavy' version of your regular one, though. For a larger public server, too many would be turned off by the lack of recipes. I love it, but too hard core for our general population. One thing that I think that would be great- make it so builder is only class that can auto-build. That would be a true advantage indeed. I haven't finished testing yet, but are snares only available for a certain class? that would also be cool.

The full version definitely isn't for everyone. :)

I considered making the AutoWall exclusive to the builder. Thing is though, despite making this mod, I don't really like having things permanently locked away from people. I do like having the option where anyone can learn everything. The classes are more of a short-cut then anything else. Its also why I didn't even lock it behind a book. The autowall specifically is meant to be a convenience and a time saver.

Snares can be made by anyone if they read the Animal Trapping book. Certain classes, such as survivor and hunter, start with knowledge of these recipes right off the bat. The Hunter however can make one that is slightly quicker at catching animals - at least unbaited.

The full version definitely isn't for everyone. :)

I considered making the AutoWall exclusive to the builder. Thing is though, despite making this mod, I don't really like having things permanently locked away from people. I do like having the option where anyone can learn everything. The classes are more of a short-cut then anything else. Its also why I didn't even lock it behind a book. The autowall specifically is meant to be a convenience and a time saver.

Snares can be made by anyone if they read the Animal Trapping book. Certain classes, such as survivor and hunter, start with knowledge of these recipes right off the bat. The Hunter however can make one that is slightly quicker at catching animals - at least unbaited.

Oh, cool. That is great. I am going to wipe the test server and try out the lite version tonight. You mention there will be changes in a13. Any thoughts on how long it will take to do, do you need help, do you need a test server? We wouldn't mind starting a13 with this modpack with a few of our own things mixed in with it.

I've thrown out a few guessiments before with how long it will take to make my mod compatible. Though in truth, its really hard to say. The Pimps say it will be really difficult to port mods over due to how much they've changed. That we'll be "tearing our hair out". How much of that is true and how much is hyperbole? I don't know. I will be updating this mod as quickly as I can when A13 hits but as it is a large mod with many changes it may take me a while. A few days, a week at most is what I'm predicting - forever to some. I'm not even sure this will cover everything. Afterall, making a mod compatible and making it balanced are two different things. Just because I get it working doesn't mean it will flow the same. If that makes sense.

For example look at the changes they did with gunpowder. In their haste to push out A12.5 they left a A13 recipe change in the game - that gunpowder only gives you 1 when you craft it instead of 5. In A12.5 this is really harsh but in A13 it will balance out because you'll be getting more materials when mining thanks to the new harvest system. So a value that is too low in A12.5 is balanced just right for A13. There may be situations where some of mod is effected in such a way. My recipes are all built upon vanilla A12.5 ratios. When A13 my recipes could be too OP or too difficult. I don't know.

There is also the matter of the new zombies. My new zombies may not be immediately added to the game since I'll need time to figure out how and if my zombies will work or how they need to be adjusted to the new system. Plus their clothing changes will likely have code to reflect the new temperature system the game introduces with weather hazards. My new clothes, for another example, should technically work but they won't have the A13 changes. Yet I don't know if I'd call this compatible since you'll be missing out on important A13 features. So this will be on my the list of things to adjust before releasing A13 version of the mod.

Still getting it out and working with A13 will be my first concern, since balance changes can be done on-the-fly without wiping maps or whatever. Getting a working mod out for A13 is step one. Ensuring everything is striking the right balance is step 2. I primarily want to make all the changes that I have to that require a new map first. Everything else like balancing recipes or new zombies are non-critical things I can work on later without having it effect current game saves. I feel that to be the best approach.

As for needing help, well... Honestly, I think help would slow me down more than help me. I like doing all the bits of my mod personally. Even mod ideas I take from others, such as the bridge, I write myself in someway to avoid it being a complete copy/paste. I do this because it makes me feel more "intimate" with what all my mod offers so if I ever have a problem I'm more familiar with what all has been changed and what could be the cause. Though I would certainly appreciate and be grateful for anyone's offered assistance I would ultimately have to turn them down for those reasons.

As for test servers I find it easier to just launch a dedicated server on my rig and test on that. I'm fortunate enough that my computer can handle running a dedicated server and running the game at the same time so I can take advantage of that type of testing. If my PC wasn't up-to-snuff however having control of someone elses test server would be very useful so I do thank you for the offer regardless.

Still getting it out and working with A13 will be my first concern, since balance changes can be done on-the-fly without wiping maps or whatever. Getting a working mod out for A13 is step one. Ensuring everything is striking the right balance is step 2. I primarily want to make all the changes that I have to that require a new map first. Everything else like balancing recipes or new zombies are non-critical things I can work on later without having it effect current game saves. I feel that to be the best approach.

Will new zombies spawn in already discovered areas? Also, what if you have new loot tables for them? Wouldn't that need a wipe?

The zombie spawning is dynamic. I can change it whenever I'd without negatively effecting current games. Its safe and backwards compatible. They would spawn in already discovered areas. Whenever the game goes to spawn a creature it does so from the xml files, not something hard-coded in the map areas. So I can add my new zombies in (or out) of the game whenever I want without concern of it messing up ongoing games. Same is true with loot tables, I can change them on-the-fly without any negative consequences.

Honestly the only things that I know of that I CAN'T do without breaking old saves is changing block/item IDs or remove blocks/items from the xml.

Even then, the only thing that can really, really kill a save is removing block ids. In my experience you can still play after removing items but its not advised. You can even change item IDs relatively safely but again, not really advised.

When A13 hits I plan to tidy up my items.xml to make it more creative-mode friendly as well. Remember before how I mentioned creative mode won't show items above 903? Well, you can use custom groups to bypass this problem. Custom groups won't work for items that have quality, however, such as tools and weapons. So I'm going to reorder the IDs around so all my weapons/tools/gear appear in the vanilla creative menu and have everything else put behind the 903 wall - of which I will provide a custom group for so those who install the mod can still use creative menu to get all the various things it mod adds so as the new books, ammo, and food.

Small update to adjust the oil refiner. Should be working fine now no matter where it is.

There also seems to be an issue with electric lights as well. Sometimes they dont turn on when you place them, and you have to keep placing them until they turn on.

There also seems to be an issue with electric lights as well. Sometimes they dont turn on when you place them, and you have to keep placing them until they turn on.

This is a known issue with the electric lights (even mention it in the included guide). Nothing I can do about it, unfortunately. We aren't meant to be able to do it in the first place, its kinda a strong-arm approach to get electric lights working. It isn't perfect but it works. This is also why you can pickup the lights without breaking them so it doesn't take forever. Its a small price to pay for working lights. Plus once they turn on they stay on.

1. You might prefer playing with the lite version of the mod if the locked down recipe system is a bother for you.

2. You'll want to either find a Handyman Carpenter skill book in loot or craft Notes: Carpentry. Also note that the Builder class starts off with this knowledge, should you wish to reroll.

3. You can find answers to these questions in the included guide, should you ever want to know what is locked behind what. Specifically #14. Locked Down Vanilla Recipe System

I've encountered two different bugs/glitches with the steel wide bridge. There are spots where the row of tiles to the right of it are one higher than the base tile set down. Not sure why it does this. Also, when you extend the bridge the very end tiles sometimes dont load until you set a tile down next to it, but when it does load and you retract the bridge, the very end tiles remain glitched in the air. Even if you destroy the bridge, the tiles still remain.

Archived