V1.0 b330 EXP

I do a fair amount of rustic camping (no electricity/no lights) and when I use the bathroom in the night, I usually don't need to take a flashlight to go the 100 yards to the outhouse due to the natural lighting in the middle of the night.  If people want the game to be immersive, then the same illumination should exist on clear nights in the forest and definitely the snow biome.  Snow covered land is quite easy to see at night.  Burnt and wasteland are somewhat fictitious so they can be whatever.

I been playing on third person almost the whole 1.0 and its sooo good, this patch fixed few bugs it had and now its better, tho any chances to fix missing footsteps with enemy detection and power attack being a normal attack for third person??? 

Just now, zerohour said:

I been playing on third person almost the whole 1.0 and its sooo good, this patch fixed few bugs it had and now its better, tho any chances to fix missing footsteps with enemy detection and power attack being a normal attack for third person??? 

Even though it is functional in debug mode, 3rd person is not supported at this time.

Feedback on last patch.

We have about 30+ people on our Discord https://discord.gg/Ky5zfcAQ, we are running the Experimental on our Community & Days Server.

Feedback from everyone

1. SLOW DOWN THE PROGRESSION BIG TIME

- We can buy all the books from VENDORS in stacks. Everyone is Cheesing this.

- XP reward should be either reduced or the requirement to level up should be tripled.

Solution 1: Please INCREASE THE BOOK COST from 300 caps to 5000 at vendors. Please remove stack of 5 of the same book. Tone it WAY DOWN.  It's too easy and too cheep, the whole point is questing for books, enjoying the experience and getting caps !

Another Solution: Double the amount of books needed to reach crafting level - increase requirement which helps with Progression Slow down

2. ADJUST LEGENDARY PARTS drops - we are 100% loot server its very OP

- We are swimming in Legendary Parts. It should not be so abundant. We are getting them in clothes, trash, shoes I mean, like 2-3 at a time.

Solution 1: Adjust Legendary Parts to be Extremely Rare only in level 5 or 6 Quest: The legendary part should be a REWARD FROM TRADER not a DROP.

Example I am level 25 and I have already Most Tier 6 and it stifles progression and game play.

Solution 2: Adjust Legendary Crafting because its Way too easy

Solution
- use 5 Legendary parts to make a tier 5 pistol or armor instead of just 1 Legendary Part.
- use 10 Legendary parts to make a tier 6 pistol or armor instead of just 1 Legendary Part.

3. THE AMMO Stimulus OP problem.

- We are 100% loot server and the ammo in loot is stupid high, we moved to 75% and its the same. We are swimming in Ammo and gun parts.

Because of quest cheesing and ammo abundance none use the forges, this should not be so. It stifles the Reputation of the game.

Solution - Turn down the ammo drop in quests boxes Big Time, remove Powders, castings, this will reignite the whole idea is crafting Cmon guys.

4. People Cheesing quests

- Can there be a way after a Quest is done and complete, to not respawn any more loot in final boxes, or having the box just be jammed permanently until next quest activation.

5. Fixing the Brass Bottleneck & 7 Horde Night Performance

Well done, we give you awesome job that and you fixed the Brass problem +10

1 hour ago, DocRussel said:

If people want the game to be immersive, then the same illumination should exist on clear nights in the forest and definitely the snow biome.

I'd agree for Snow and perhaps Desert. I'd even allow for some light from a brighter moon phase in all biomes, but I look in my back yard at night and can't see crap where there is (theoretically) light bleeding in from various street lights. The woods behind me aren't even particularly thick.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

15 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

Even though it is functional in debug mode, 3rd person is not supported at this time.

thanks to 1.0 being stable will we get everything for 1.0 like the pig, hog, new animal models, saddle bags for cars, bicycles armor, etc? or will that come in a later update for 1.0?

Maybe 1.1?
image.thumb.jpeg.844806ab9d28f8de6f7e3ba54ddb0a00.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.383fe8d5e8a9382b51194c1ba9981178.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

pig, hog, new animal models, saddle bags for cars, bicycles armor

Boar, Grace, Chicken, Rabbit, Vulture, and Pig will be post 1.0 launch.

Bicycle armor has been scrapped.
Vehicle expanded storage will be in a later update.

27 minutes ago, Zooxss said:

Feedback on last patch.

We have about 30+ people on our Discord https://discord.gg/Ky5zfcAQ, we are running the Experimental on our Community & Days Server.

Feedback from everyone

1. SLOW DOWN THE PROGRESSION BIG TIME

- We can buy all the books from VENDORS in stacks. Everyone is Cheesing this.

- XP reward should be either reduced or the requirement to level up should be tripled.

Solution 1: Please INCREASE THE BOOK COST from 300 caps to 5000 at vendors. Please remove stack of 5 of the same book. Tone it WAY DOWN.  It's too easy and too cheep, the whole point is questing for books, enjoying the experience and getting caps !

Another Solution: Double the amount of books needed to reach crafting level - increase requirement which helps with Progression Slow down

2. ADJUST LEGENDARY PARTS drops - we are 100% loot server its very OP

- We are swimming in Legendary Parts. It should not be so abundant. We are getting them in clothes, trash, shoes I mean, like 2-3 at a time.

Solution 1: Adjust Legendary Parts to be Extremely Rare only in level 5 or 6 Quest: The legendary part should be a REWARD FROM TRADER not a DROP.

Example I am level 25 and I have already Most Tier 6 and it stifles progression and game play.

Solution 2: Adjust Legendary Crafting because its Way too easy

Solution
- use 5 Legendary parts to make a tier 5 pistol or armor instead of just 1 Legendary Part.
- use 10 Legendary parts to make a tier 6 pistol or armor instead of just 1 Legendary Part.

3. THE AMMO Stimulus OP problem.

- We are 100% loot server and the ammo in loot is stupid high, we moved to 75% and its the same. We are swimming in Ammo and gun parts.

Because of quest cheesing and ammo abundance none use the forges, this should not be so. It stifles the Reputation of the game.

Solution - Turn down the ammo drop in quests boxes Big Time, remove Powders, castings, this will reignite the whole idea is crafting Cmon guys.

4. People Cheesing quests

- Can there be a way after a Quest is done and complete, to not respawn any more loot in final boxes, or having the box just be jammed permanently until next quest activation.

5. Fixing the Brass Bottleneck & 7 Horde Night Performance

Well done, we give you awesome job that and you fixed the Brass problem +10

I assume the problem is not the progression speed which is already slowed down by 50%, it is the number of players on your server. Doing a quest with 4 or 8 people? 8x the money and rewards.

Maybe add a rule to forbid book sharing between players.

Tune down the loot in your config.

Disable loot respawn after 7days.

16 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

Shame about it but at least we get the game  :)

Rip bike armor. You looked so baller 

1 hour ago, schwanz9000 said:

are there plans to make it something official on a future update? Its such a refreshing experience to play the game on third person with these new models and animations!

54 minutes ago, Thaledwyn said:

I assume the problem is not the progression speed which is already slowed down by 50%, it is the number of players on your server. Doing a quest with 4 or 8 people? 8x the money and rewards.

Maybe add a rule to forbid book sharing between players.

Tune down the loot in your config.

Disable loot respawn after 7days.

No progression is too fast. We tried that. It doesn't work we are at bare basics. 

Look at the amount of Ammo, books and drop from 1 new Mutant WOLF.

spacer.png

Edited by Zooxss (see edit history)

40 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

Coyote: "Am I joke to you?" 😜

12 minutes ago, zerohour said:

are there plans to make it something official on a future update? Its such a refreshing experience to play the game on third person with these new models and animations!

From what I remember in the dev stream.  Yes they want it but just not now

Did something change with the latest experimental and book quantities available?  I don't remember seeing stacks of 5+ books.

Also, the change from 300 to 5k isn't great for those who play SP or in smaller groups.

If you're playing on large-scale servers it's probably best to look into modding as a solution.

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, BloodDeacon said:

Did something change with the latest experimental and book quantities available?  I don't remember seeing stacks of 5+ books.

Also, the change from 300 to 5k isn't great for those who play SP or in smaller groups.

If you're playing on large-scale servers it's probably best to look into modding as a solution.

Yes there are multiple of the same kind of book for sale at the trader. In essence you go to 1 trader and buy all books, repeat at 3-4 traders and fast track your leveling.

Correct 300 caps for a book is super cheep, you can sell of leather for 1200 caps, Headlight stack is like 2,000 caps grossly disproportionate.

This needs to be fixed, alot of people just loose interest after what 1 week they max out.

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, Stranded_Napkin said:

Um, that's a no from me, dawg. Like, a total hell naw. The game drops the legendary parts incredibly inconsistently as is. In a solo playthrough, they drop at a rate that makes sense. Day 35, got about 20. If you use them for iron tools and such, you will run through them quick. In the multplayer games that I've run, the thing DO NOT DROP FOR SH*T. How TF do you have an overabundance of them? I mean, for some reason, the multiplayer games that I've been playing have had an insanely slower rate of progression than my singleplayer playthroughs.

The books is the real issue. 5K? This sounds like something YOU need to mod as you're insane. That wouldn't slow progression, it would halt it.That isn't a game wide change that needs to happen.

That's because you play solo. Day 35 and you have 20 Legendary items, that should no be so. A quest reward should not be such, even if its turned way down.

The game shines with other players and that's the feedback of 30+ people. Tier 6 is almost impossible to solo. 

Its a survival, crafting, the zombie struggle in apocalypse not some watered down Counter Strike and Duke Nukem shootem ups for a quick dopamine.

it should not be Marry Poppins stumbles on a bad ass gear pile and game over, the apocaypse is for scavanging.

Just now, Zooxss said:

That's because you play solo. The game shines with other players and that's the feedback of 30+ people. Tier 6 is almost impossible to solo.

Its a survival, crafting, the zombie struggle in apocalypse not some watered down Counter Strike and Duke Nukem shootem ups for a quick dopamine.

I play solo AND multiplayer. Admittedly not on dedicated servers. There is ONLY that difference though.

Your suggested changes are what I can't agree with the most. They literally ONLY apply to servers. Changing the progression of the later lootstages makes sense but absolutely halting the progression with a 16x cost to books is just nuts. I could go for some slowing of progression, but that's just insane.

Ain't a soul here to play Counter Strike style gameplay. I'm here for the survival. That does not mean that I want day 75 to feel the same as day 14. That just plain @%$#ed. Again though, I get that this is different when considering servers. This is why the issue is that your just being lazy and need to mod.

Jesus Christ, somebody went crazy on here enough to make ME the "just use mods bro" argumentor. lol

1 hour ago, Morloc said:

I'd agree for Snow and perhaps Desert. I'd even allow for some light from a brighter moon phase in all biomes, but I look in my back yard at night and can't see crap where there is (theoretically) light bleeding in from various street lights. The woods behind me aren't even particularly thick.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Yeah, I think too many people are used to living in the city where you have so much light pollution.  When you aren't in the city, if the moon is covered by clouds or there is a new moon or low moon visibility, it can be too dark to see anything.  The game was never as dark outside as it can be in real life.  Now, it looks like dusk all night long, every night.  Even though some of the game is played in cities, most lighting is off, so you also wouldn't have the same kind of light pollution as you see in real life in cities.

The lighting in the game now is so bright that you can barely even tell if you're headlights are on or your helmet light is on except in certain indoor locations ... And there aren't many of those that are that dark.  You also have no reason to use lights at a base because it is so bright.  It really needs to be darker... At least outside, if they really feel the need to have it not as dark inside since people were complaining.

6 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

1. The current ladder attach logic is correct...for now. You must TAP spacebar, Xbox A, or PS X. This is simply due to the new character system's jump logic that allows jumps to auto repeat when held. This will need to be reviewed and/or changed at a later date.

2. No plans to change the current light balance for launch. The team felt that the game was too dark in some situations. Feedback on this topic will be collected and considered for any future adjustments. Thank you!

Currently running this mod to fix #2! https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5056

18 minutes ago, Stranded_Napkin said:

I play solo AND multiplayer. Admittedly not on dedicated servers. There is ONLY that difference though.

Your suggested changes are what I can't agree with the most. They literally ONLY apply to servers. Changing the progression of the later lootstages makes sense but absolutely halting the progression with a 16x cost to books is just nuts. I could go for some slowing of progression, but that's just insane.

Ain't a soul here to play Counter Strike style gameplay. I'm here for the survival. That does not mean that I want day 75 to feel the same as day 14. That just plain @%$#ed. Again though, I get that this is different when considering servers. This is why the issue is that your just being lazy and need to mod.

Jesus Christ, somebody went crazy on here enough to make ME the "just use mods bro" argumentor. lol

That's true but 300 caps for a book is super cheap. So Dedicated Multiplayer servers are like a World that is happening and days are rolling, its the best experience for this game. This isnt in a vaccum.

Example: You are about to do a quest, when a pack of 25 zeds are about to burst in on you. So you cant finish your quest or have to defeat all of them.

I happened to be in the neighborhood, see it and drop in to help you.

Outcome:

We become friends and start making bases and defend together, or I just move on and do my own stuff and never talk to you again. That is the difference between solo play, we dont use mods, too unstable.

I can say that on our servers the items i described are needed everyone agrees with. 

5 hours ago, Zooxss said:

That's because you play solo. Day 35 and you have 20 Legendary items, that should no be so. The game shines with other players and that's the feedback of 30+ people. Tier 6 is almost impossible to solo. 

it should not be Marry Poppins stumbles on a bad ass gear pile and game over, the apocaypse is for scavanging.

Tier 6 isn't difficult to solo.  I do them almost entirely melee unless I make a mistake and need a gun.  Of course, I don't bump it up to insane difficulty level.  But if you want that, then you expect it to be harder.

But regarding the main topic here, the game doesn't need to slow down.  It was already slowed down in A21 and again in 1.0.  It drags now.  The game shouldn't be balanced for 30 players.  It should be balanced for 1-8.  Any additional balancing should be done with mods.  And something like prices can be server side only, so isn't an issue.

If players feel the need to buy magazines, I don't see a problem with that.  I only buy them if I'm only a point or two away from something I want.  Using the traders to rush the game is a choice and not required.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

1.0 has specifically been balanced for the various outfits. Depending on the build in your skill tree and your outfit, even on the tougher difficulty levels, you can definitely solo a tier 6 POI. Other outfits absolutely hinder this though, so it's another thing that makes it grey rather than black and white. The tier 6's are still easy enough with a stun baton on two junk turrets. Hell, I swear that the junk turrets are more effective now in 1.0 than they were in A21.

In another playthrough, I went with the assassin armor and that sh*t was straight up broken. Solo a freaking group of zombie bears like it was nothing.

A lot of it is just balancing between the outfits and skill trees. Unless we want another outright overhaul though, not much is gonna change. TFP's don't do tweaks.

In my muliplayer playthroughs, the difficulty only appears to be evident on horde nights. POIs haven't changed much at all. This means that it is even more dependent on your build. These playthroughs have progressed slower though. Difficult to compare as loot has simply been less appealing. Quest rewards have been garbage either way.

17 minutes ago, Stranded_Napkin said:

1.0 has specifically been balanced for the various outfits. Depending on the build in your skill tree and your outfit, even on the tougher difficulty levels, you can definitely solo a tier 6 POI. Other outfits absolutely hinder this though, so it's another thing that makes it grey rather than black and white. The tier 6's are still easy enough with a stun baton on two junk turrets. Hell, I swear that the junk turrets are more effective now in 1.0 than they were in A21.

In another playthrough, I went with the assassin armor and that sh*t was straight up broken. Solo a freaking group of zombie bears like it was nothing.

A lot of it is just balancing between the outfits and skill trees. Unless we want another outright overhaul though, not much is gonna change. TFP's don't do tweaks.

In my muliplayer playthroughs, the difficulty only appears to be evident on horde nights. POIs haven't changed much at all. This means that it is even more dependent on your build. These playthroughs have progressed slower though. Difficult to compare as loot has simply been less appealing. Quest rewards have been garbage either way.

Yea, i agree the quest rewards need to be tweaked. That may be the answer to Legendary Parts to be given by trader.

There is a big difficulty difference between Tier 6 quest in Green and Tier 6 in Wasteland. Trust me