V1.0 b325 EXP (b327 Hotfix)

2 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

The build itself takes about an hour. We then have to smoke test it for the issue(s) involved. Looking good so far. Should be pushed out here shortly.

Ok, this is... "a little"... longer than my own applications... 😮

1 hour ago, Morloc said:
  Reveal hidden contents

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

Reveal hidden contents

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

I don't recall how many hours it took to finish Infested Q6 Army Base #7, but not being able to complete it blows.
Same old bug, just more of a pain in the ass with such a long mission.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Strange.  I had no issues with that POI.  I can't tell from the screenshots where you are, but I'm guessing there is a button somewhere for that.

Hello, so apart from bandits, there will be no allied NPCs?Faatal replied that they planned the allied NPCs, that they would fight off the bandits!I wanted to ask, why did they change the labels saving the route point, the terrain?For example, before it was possible to write a lot (coal cave, house so-and-so cleared 1 shooting gallery)

13 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

We've made some adjustments to the controllers in B325. If you still have concerns, please be specific on what areas of the controller you have issues with. Thanks!

At this point the biggest gripe I still have is having to hold Y to interact with items in the inventory. I liked the old system way more, as this new one feels like an unnecessary process while crafting, modifying, scraping, using an item, etc. It slows down the inventory a lot and I would love to see it changed back. The cursor coming back was a great change and is incredibly appreciated. It’s a great system and I really am glad to see it staying in the game.

EDIT: Just played and wow. The cursor updates are amazing. Not only did they add it back, but they made it faster when not directly hovering over your inventory/loot inventory (THANK YOU!) which is perfect since it allows us to navigate to loot quicker. Another amazing change is having the cursor remember its position while looting. Having it automatically just appear in the left-side loot inventory where I left it previously is a welcome change.

Still really hoping for the removal of the “Hold Y” thing but the other changes are absolutely amazing!

Edited by OpposedLime1 (see edit history)

14 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

Open the inventory and click on the lock icon.
You are now in Lock Toggle Mode.
Select any inventory slot to enable the lock.
Click on the lock or close the inventory window to save your options.

This doesn't seem to work for me. I previously had the top row of slots locked before the new lock icon feature (when arrows were available). That top row is still locked, and I can't seem to lock or unlock any new or old slots. Have tried multiple variations of toggling the lock icon and then clicking the slots (one at a time or multiples), then toggling the lock icon off (or exiting the UI). But the same top row stay locked with all other slots unlocked. I verify by clicking the sort icon to see which items are able to move and re-sort, but the same top row stay fixed while items in all other slots can be sorted/moved. Does this new feature require starting a new character? (Note: this is from testing on dedicated server with a mod that increases number of bag slots to 60, so not sure if that could possibly be interfering with functionality).

Edited by Darkus
Typo and added implementation details (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Thaledwyn said:

Thanks for improving/fixing trader placement.

Now got 3 per biome on 6k, 4 per biome on 8k... (I see what you did there ^^)

So... the idea of placing traders inside (bigger) towns (which was very cool btw!) is off the board?

It tries to spawn 4 traders per biome, but they only spawn in gateways and gateways are random on sides of cities, and there is a minimum distance check between traders, so success in somewhat random.

12 hours ago, DcddyNegan said:

Did they fix the issue with dead animals not visualizing?

I also love the locked inventory slot! Been wanting this for a hot minute.

It is an occlusion issue and is on my list with dozens of other things.

2 hours ago, Slingblade2040 said:

Did the infestations get nerfed? Feels like less are spawning inside them compared to in b217. 

Just ran 3 tier 4 infestations and it felt like those quests got nerfed or something. It was at Johnny Town, bear grillz and happy motel or whatever that PoI is called. 

I've run Johnny Town before and it really felt like that infestation had way less inside it.

No code changes were made that should effect infestations.

1 hour ago, Дмитрий said:

Hello, so apart from bandits, there will be no allied NPCs?Faatal replied that they planned the allied NPCs, that they would fight off the bandits!I wanted to ask, why did they change the labels saving the route point, the terrain?For example, before it was possible to write a lot (coal cave, house so-and-so cleared 1 shooting gallery)

I never said we planned allied NPCs. Apart from bandits, we have no specifics on what other NPCs may or may not be added to the game.

19 minutes ago, Darkus said:

This doesn't seem to work for me. I previously had the top row of slots locked before the new lock icon feature (when arrows were available). That top row is still locked, and I can't seem to lock or unlock any new or old slots. Have tried multiple variations of toggling the lock icon and then clicking the slots (one at a time or multiples), then toggling the lock icon off (or exiting the UI). But the same top row stay locked with all other slots unlocked. I verify by click the sort icon to see which items are able to move and re-sort, but the same top row stay fixed while items in all other slots can be sorted/moved. Does this new feature require starting a new character?

Are you using mods? Inventory data was changed to track each slots lock status, so mods may be breaking that.

1 hour ago, Darkus said:

a mod that increases number of bag slots to 60, so not sure if that could possibly be interfering with functionality).

Yes. Also, mod authors can adapt their mods to work.

Hey @Hated im sorry about tagging you directly, but i am desperate right now. my problem is the loud sound of the turret idle, for all types and this has been driving my crazy. please advice me on how i can tone down the sound or could you maybe push forward a request to make the audio levels for these sounds in particular adjustable? Please and Thank you

1 hour ago, faatal said:

Are you using mods? Inventory data was changed to track each slots lock status, so mods may be breaking that.

Thank you! Yes, I was using a mod to increase backpack slots and this mod was incompatible with the recent updates.

Edited by Darkus (see edit history)

I haven't tried the latest patch but didn't see mention of this...

Any chance to remove the "no damage/trader compound" sound from turrets hitting your land claim area?  This was added recently and is really annoying to listen to all horde night (or until you run out of ammo).  I'm nowhere near a trader or bedrock (the places you normally hear this), so it is definitely being caused by turrets hitting any blocks in the land claim area.

16 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

Quest progression should be tracking better now, but with the side effect of the roll back. Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry to say guys...

- New RWG map on b237 (multiplayer P2P)

- Quest counter is correct now evem after relog (10/10)

- Client gets Tier1 quest rewards window with bike etc., BUT host does not (and therefore no additional trader route opening quest)

:classic_sad:

Two things I want to ask.

1: Are there plans on reintroducing zombies attacking alive non-zombie animals?
2: And what about adding footsteps to animals? (Animals are stuck in A17 in terms of having no footstep audio)

13 minutes ago, FranticDan said:

1: Are there plans on reintroducing zombies attacking alive non-zombie animals?

Are you referring to basic animals like rabbits and deer or all animals that aren't undead, including mountain lions and regular bears?  I know I've seen animals (at least the wolf and I think the mountain lion) attack a zombie in 1.0.  But not the other way around.

10 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Are you referring to basic animals like rabbits and deer or all animals that aren't undead, including mountain lions and regular bears?  I know I've seen animals (at least the wolf and I think the mountain lion) attack a zombie in 1.0.  But not the other way around.

The living, non-hostile animals.
Edit: All of the living animals really, zombie attack a boar, or a wolf first. Instead of just animal attacking first.

Edited by FranticDan (see edit history)

• Removed drop bags from all animals except Dire Wolf and Zombie Bear

I just got a loot drop from a mountain lion

EDIT: I did a quick dive into die XML files. It seems the mountain lion class extends from the dire wolf class.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

2 hours ago, EvilPinguin said:

https://imgur.com/a/YLUgpIf

What's problem? Help me, please. I have set up all pregen worlds

Read the pinned thread in the General Support section that says you should read it before posting. And then make a new thread there, including a logfile, as explained in that pinned thread.

All these quick fire updates are a bit painful. Just had drone corruption on the latest b328 ... logged on, drone was on the ground damaged. Repaired, and it vanished. LE no longer shows it, jd commands failing to clear, but can't deploy as reached the max number of drones... removing the drones.dat file does nothing. Will have to try removing the whole player profile, as suspect there's an invalid reference somewhere.

Probably a new record to hit 4 releases in a day ;)

hey i don't know if anyone else has asked this but last time i played was a week or two ago and at the time my brass knuckles were clipping pretty badly with my raider gloves and little with some other gloves too like the biker gloves i think. has that been fixed or have they not caught that yet? just curious and it's not a huge priority fix i'm sure but it is a bit wonky to look at

Is there any way to quickly increase quest progression? Console commands, or a small modlet, or whatever... I had T6 quests, now I have T3. I honestly don't feel like doing a million quests again to get back to the old progression 😑

9 minutes ago, Danzo said:

Is there any way to quickly increase quest progression? Console commands, or a small modlet, or whatever... I had T6 quests, now I have T3. I honestly don't feel like doing a million quests again to get back to the old progression 😑

Go into the creative menu with cm, enable the dev blocks and get some quest tickets.