Jump to content

Buying the game again


Recommended Posts

Hey guys !! I got a question!! 

I played 7d2d years ago on PS4 as Caplette_LeFou89 , so bought the game ! 

Then a went and Still on xbox seriesX , and bought the game again because I Heard ans read that the New console edition would be 'free' for those Who already bought the old version. Now I just noticed That Theres the new console version on the store... 

Tell me I wont have to pay for it a Third Time Man ?!?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure where you read that the new edition would be free. That was never a stated fact. 

 

As it stands currently, you can wishlist the new release by TFP. Verified owners of the Digital licensed TellTale version can get 25% off of the new TFP version once it goes for sale on July 25th. (date is subject to change)

 

So basically you own it on the PS4 and Series X. You will be able to purchase the new version on either platform at a discount. Do note that it is only going to be available on the PS5 and Series X/S. OS4 and XB1 consoles cannot support the game client.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The original version should have been removed at this point its likely only accidental purchasers are buying thinking they are getting the new one that is also listed on wish list..

 

Trying to pull every drop out of the old game that never got the updates to fix the base bug. I get it more cash but not cool..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jyd85224 said:

The original version should have been removed at this point its likely only accidental purchasers are buying thinking they are getting the new one that is also listed on wish list..

 

Trying to pull every drop out of the old game that never got the updates to fix the base bug. I get it more cash but not cool..

 

Yeah, I don't know why it wasn't pulled before.  TFP wasn't making bank on the Telltale version though. Most of that money went directly to Sony/MS after TellTale went bankrupt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2024 at 9:09 AM, SylenThunder said:

 

Yeah, I don't know why it wasn't pulled before.  TFP wasn't making bank on the Telltale version though. Most of that money went directly to Sony/MS after TellTale went bankrupt.

People don't realize why console games are more expensive. The closed environments means Sony and Microsoft can dictate policies and financials. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2024 at 8:09 AM, SylenThunder said:

 

Yeah, I don't know why it wasn't pulled before.  TFP wasn't making bank on the Telltale version though. Most of that money went directly to Sony/MS after TellTale went bankrupt.

It does help if you read the news information. 

7 Days to Die 1.0: Important Dates
Here is the current schedule. Note some dates are still subject to change. June 21st - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Experimental - Streamer Weekend Steam
June 24th - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Experimental - Public Experimental Steam
June 28th (Tentative Date) - Console Edition 1.0 - Wishlisting PS5 & Xbox Series XIS
July 15th (Tentative Date) - Delisting the Legacy Console Game from digital stores
July 25th - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Official Stable - Steam and Microsoft PC July 25th (Tentative Date) - Console Edition 1.0 - PS5 and Xbox Series X/S launch including a 25%

 

So it clearly says July 15th is when it might be pulled, which is why it hasn’t been pulled yet.. That is a tentative date as you clearly pointed out.

 While, true they might not have made bank on the Telltale version, but as you mentioned back them something called the long tail. They have been collecting on the old version since they bought the rights back from Telltale.

 

Good to see the newer version on the game store. I was wrong that it wasn’t listed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Freestyle604 said:

It does help if you read the news information. 

7 Days to Die 1.0: Important Dates
Here is the current schedule. Note some dates are still subject to change. June 21st - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Experimental - Streamer Weekend Steam
June 24th - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Experimental - Public Experimental Steam
June 28th (Tentative Date) - Console Edition 1.0 - Wishlisting PS5 & Xbox Series XIS
July 15th (Tentative Date) - Delisting the Legacy Console Game from digital stores
July 25th - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Official Stable - Steam and Microsoft PC July 25th (Tentative Date) - Console Edition 1.0 - PS5 and Xbox Series X/S launch including a 25%

 

So it clearly says July 15th is when it might be pulled, which is why it hasn’t been pulled yet.. That is a tentative date as you clearly pointed out.

 While, true they might not have made bank on the Telltale version, but as you mentioned back them something called the long tail. They have been collecting on the old version since they bought the rights back from Telltale.

 

Good to see the newer version on the game store. I was wrong that it wasn’t listed. 

 

I see you can be just as snarky as the next guy.  So since you are SO Smart, can you tell us WHY?   


I know full well what the proposed dates are.  However, WHY did they choose to wait until then?  Why not de-list it when they started making the announcements that it was for sure coming to the consoles?

 

Because that is what I was responding to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is why this forum needs Clare... She did not attack posters who did not fan boy out for the game. Unless it's praise for all devs and game you get picked on or banned if you talk too much. 

 

Yes I enjoyed the game even after losing all my stuff several times that for most games I would never had played again. I still want the game but terrified when I complain about up coming issues I will be attacked for not being on PC. 

 

I want to say now if this game is buggy, lagy or broken please don't release it. I would rather never play the newest best version if it can't run on my junk specs Xbox series x.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2024 at 8:00 PM, jyd85224 said:

This is why this forum needs Clare... She did not attack posters who did not fan boy out for the game. Unless it's praise for all devs and game you get picked on or banned if you talk too much.

Not sure what makes you think this. The guy acted like Sylen wasn't aware of TFP's current plan to delist the old version. Sylen simply meant he didn't know why they haven't already done so, as to avoid confusion after announcing 1.0 for consoles. So when the guy starts off with "It does help if you read the news information." when he clearly isn't comprehending what Sylen meant, that's the kind of response you can expect.

 

And I can promise you there are still gonna be bugs, and it will almost certainly lag in at least some situations. If you can't handle that, don't buy the new version. A lot of thin skin in these area it seems.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...