I dont see anyone saying what needs said!

ITS NOT COOL TO HAVE US BUY THE GAME AGAIN FOR AN UPDATE! Its scammy tactics like this that make sure the smart ones never buy your games again you cant get that trust back. No heart just gains is all you guys care about. Im no longer supporting your company with my purchases, if you were smart you wouldnt be screwing your fanbase over for an extra dollar.

Edited by Darkskyrocker
typo (see edit history)

Since the OP is having trouble reading. Here are a few notes from the Pinned thread titled 7 Days to Die Console Edition Happenings

1. The new game being released on the consoles is not an update to the existing game. It is not possible to update the existing client version. Thus a new game must be done. This is because of multiple reasons, but primarily with how TellTale managed things.

2. Rick also mentions that they are in talks with Microsoft and Sony to negotiate a discount program for existing owners of the original console game. They have mentioned a desired to provide it either heavily discounted, or even free. What happens will depend on what agreements can be made. If you look in the thread there is even a link to where they discuss the console release in one of the streams.

3. This is mentioned, but not really covered in-depth. TFP had wanted to try to make the new console port backwards-compatible with the old hardware that the previous game had released on. However after having to move worlds to try to get it playable on the latest console hardware, I would not hold my breath for the next game to work on the old dinosaurs.

• 3 weeks later...

Well said Cypted, and I agree. Although I see the op's point and frustration, I would totally buy the game again and/or purchase any dlc in the future if available. 

It's not the Fun Pimp's fault that TellTale went belly up. 

Plus that is cool that the Pimps are at least trying to work out a discount system for purchasers of the original version of the game back in 2016. Something they are completely doing out of good faith.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys !! I got a question!! 

I played 7d2d years ago on PS4 as Caplette_LeFou89 , so bought the game ! 

Then a went and Still on xbox seriesX , and bought the game again because I Heard ans read that the New console edition would be 'free' for those Who already bought the old version. Now I just noticed That Theres the new console version on the store... 

Tell me I wont have to pay for it a Third Time Man ?!?!

Not sure where you read that the new edition would be free. That was never a stated fact. 

As it stands currently, you can wishlist the new release by TFP. Verified owners of the Digital licensed TellTale version can get 25% off of the new TFP version once it goes for sale on July 25th. (date is subject to change)

So basically you own it on the PS4 and Series X. You will be able to purchase the new version on either platform at a discount. Do note that it is only going to be available on the PS5 and Series X/S. OS4 and XB1 consoles cannot support the game client.

The original version should have been removed at this point its likely only accidental purchasers are buying thinking they are getting the new one that is also listed on wish list..

Trying to pull every drop out of the old game that never got the updates to fix the base bug. I get it more cash but not cool..

10 hours ago, jyd85224 said:

The original version should have been removed at this point its likely only accidental purchasers are buying thinking they are getting the new one that is also listed on wish list..

Trying to pull every drop out of the old game that never got the updates to fix the base bug. I get it more cash but not cool..

Yeah, I don't know why it wasn't pulled before.  TFP wasn't making bank on the Telltale version though. Most of that money went directly to Sony/MS after TellTale went bankrupt.

On 7/3/2024 at 9:09 AM, SylenThunder said:

Yeah, I don't know why it wasn't pulled before.  TFP wasn't making bank on the Telltale version though. Most of that money went directly to Sony/MS after TellTale went bankrupt.

People don't realize why console games are more expensive. The closed environments means Sony and Microsoft can dictate policies and financials. 

On 7/3/2024 at 8:09 AM, SylenThunder said:

It does help if you read the news information. 

7 Days to Die 1.0: Important Dates
Here is the current schedule. Note some dates are still subject to change. June 21st - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Experimental - Streamer Weekend Steam
June 24th - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Experimental - Public Experimental Steam
June 28th (Tentative Date) - Console Edition 1.0 - Wishlisting PS5 & Xbox Series XIS
July 15th (Tentative Date) - Delisting the Legacy Console Game from digital stores
July 25th - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Official Stable - Steam and Microsoft PC July 25th (Tentative Date) - Console Edition 1.0 - PS5 and Xbox Series X/S launch including a 25%

So it clearly says July 15th is when it might be pulled, which is why it hasn’t been pulled yet.. That is a tentative date as you clearly pointed out.

While, true they might not have made bank on the Telltale version, but as you mentioned back them something called the long tail. They have been collecting on the old version since they bought the rights back from Telltale.

Good to see the newer version on the game store. I was wrong that it wasn’t listed. 

16 minutes ago, Freestyle604 said:

It does help if you read the news information. 

7 Days to Die 1.0: Important Dates
Here is the current schedule. Note some dates are still subject to change. June 21st - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Experimental - Streamer Weekend Steam
June 24th - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Experimental - Public Experimental Steam
June 28th (Tentative Date) - Console Edition 1.0 - Wishlisting PS5 & Xbox Series XIS
July 15th (Tentative Date) - Delisting the Legacy Console Game from digital stores
July 25th - 7 Days to Die 1.0 Official Stable - Steam and Microsoft PC July 25th (Tentative Date) - Console Edition 1.0 - PS5 and Xbox Series X/S launch including a 25%

So it clearly says July 15th is when it might be pulled, which is why it hasn’t been pulled yet.. That is a tentative date as you clearly pointed out.

While, true they might not have made bank on the Telltale version, but as you mentioned back them something called the long tail. They have been collecting on the old version since they bought the rights back from Telltale.

Good to see the newer version on the game store. I was wrong that it wasn’t listed. 

I see you can be just as snarky as the next guy.  So since you are SO Smart, can you tell us WHY?   

I know full well what the proposed dates are.  However, WHY did they choose to wait until then?  Why not de-list it when they started making the announcements that it was for sure coming to the consoles?

Because that is what I was responding to.

This is why this forum needs Clare... She did not attack posters who did not fan boy out for the game. Unless it's praise for all devs and game you get picked on or banned if you talk too much. 

Yes I enjoyed the game even after losing all my stuff several times that for most games I would never had played again. I still want the game but terrified when I complain about up coming issues I will be attacked for not being on PC. 

I want to say now if this game is buggy, lagy or broken please don't release it. I would rather never play the newest best version if it can't run on my junk specs Xbox series x.

On 7/8/2024 at 8:00 PM, jyd85224 said:

This is why this forum needs Clare... She did not attack posters who did not fan boy out for the game. Unless it's praise for all devs and game you get picked on or banned if you talk too much.

Not sure what makes you think this. The guy acted like Sylen wasn't aware of TFP's current plan to delist the old version. Sylen simply meant he didn't know why they haven't already done so, as to avoid confusion after announcing 1.0 for consoles. So when the guy starts off with "It does help if you read the news information." when he clearly isn't comprehending what Sylen meant, that's the kind of response you can expect.

And I can promise you there are still gonna be bugs, and it will almost certainly lag in at least some situations. If you can't handle that, don't buy the new version. A lot of thin skin in these area it seems.

Edited by bdubyah (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

The company who published the game for console before is bankrupt and gone.  TFP was able to negotiate a discount for players who had made digital purchases of the game, but that was the limit of what Sony and Microsoft would agree to.  Considering the significant changes from the old version, this is essentially a sequel for console players and sequels aren't usually free.  The number of changes and improvements are significantly higher than what you get in a new year of Madden and people pay for new years of that all the time.  Future updates should be free unless they are for a DLC.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

I literally just was talking to brother about the game and wanted to check it out again, had a blast playing this game with friends. do I really have to fork over more money to play this game on ps4/ps5? (I have it on pc) can't we have a discount by checking if the account ever had access to the game? anyways I was just curious but i aint playing this game ever. 

Console players who own the legacy version of the game on their account get a 25% discount to purchase the new version for a bit. And it is, for all purposes, a wholly new game compared to the legacy version. They gotta make money to keep developing it; giving it away free won't allow them to do that. 

11 hours ago, mikey54 said:

I literally just was talking to brother about the game and wanted to check it out again, had a blast playing this game with friends. do I really have to fork over more money to play this game on ps4/ps5? (I have it on pc) can't we have a discount by checking if the account ever had access to the game? anyways I was just curious but i aint playing this game ever. 

If you already purchased the game on the PC prior to V1.0, you already got a pretty good discount for the game.  PC Early access buyers typically only paid 50% of what the game costs today.  To ask for additional discount on top of that for the console version just because you purchased the PC version seems a bit much IMHO.

Also, why does it matter if you are not even going to play this game?

Will point out, I don't think V1.0 works on PS4.  If you own the game (digitally) on the PS4, you can get a 25% discount for the PS5 version.

As someone who has a disk and no discount, I want to say we should not have to re buy. However after playing it the game is far different than original. I spent 30 to buy a disk in 2016, I spent far more than 30 hours playing so I got my money's worth. This is a new game from our perspective so yes I'm ok with re buying. Heck I bought it twice so wife can play on weekends. Do I wish I got a discount on one copy sure, but I had fun this weekend with wife and friend, just need to do that a few more and it was worth the 100 I spent.