Khaine's V1.0 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

On 7/22/2024 at 10:08 AM, KhaineGB said:

Works fine for me. Zombies/Animals are under the general tab, claims are under the basic tab

You chose to just ignore and not help, that's sad

39 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Are you sure you even installed the mod correctly?

folder ''Mods'' in the root folder of the game, in the folder ''Mods'' there is a folder with this mod. In the old alpha this mod worked, but in version 1 this (new) mod does not work anymoreimage.png.bce4e46c9e0b392691ededb891e7e3ce.png

Just now, viper546 said:

folder ''Mods'' in the root folder of the game, in the folder ''Mods'' there is a folder with this mod. In the old alpha this mod worked, but in version 1 this (new) mod does not work anymoreimage.png.bce4e46c9e0b392691ededb891e7e3ce.png

Not seeing the whole path.  If you open that folder, do we see another KHV1-SpawnsAndClaims folder or do we see the actual files that Khaine uses to mod the game?  If you go to Mods/KHV1-SpawnsAndClaims, you should see ModInfo in there.  If you see another KHV1 folder, you have it installed incorrectly - your console will let you know this with an error message stating it could not find the ModInfo file.

1 hour ago, viper546 said:

You're playing Alpha 21, this topic and the linked mods are for 1.0/A22. There is a another topic for A21 mods.  I know there were some bugs for the A21 version, putting things on the screen where you couldn't access them.

Edit: just compared the two versions of the mod and there are significant changes, so not surprising it doesn't work.

Edited by seven (see edit history)

7 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Не видно полного пути. Если открыть эту папку, увидим ли мы еще одну папку KHV1-SpawnsAndClaims или увидим фактические файлы, которые Khaine использует для модификации игры? Если перейти в Mods/KHV1-SpawnsAndClaims, там должен быть ModInfo. Если вы видите еще одну папку KHV1, значит, она установлена неправильно — ваша консоль сообщит вам об этом сообщением об ошибке, в котором будет указано, что файл ModInfo не найден.

I did exactly the same thing in an older version of the game and everything worked, but now it doesn't. As you can see the path and installation is correct, so why does the mod not work?

7 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Not seeing the whole path.  If you open that folder, do we see another KHV1-SpawnsAndClaims folder or do we see the actual files that Khaine uses to mod the game?  If you go to Mods/KHV1-SpawnsAndClaims, you should see ModInfo in there.  If you see another KHV1 folder, you have it installed incorrectly - your console will let you know this with an error message stating it could not find the ModInfo file.

image.png.be67e3970002b4325ae12209db18e877.png

7 hours ago, seven said:

You're playing Alpha 21, this topic and the linked mods are for 1.0/A22. There is a another topic for A21 mods.  I know there were some bugs for the A21 version, putting things on the screen where you couldn't access them.

Edit: just compared the two versions of the mod and there are significant changes, so not surprising it doesn't work.

7 hours ago, seven said:

What makes you think I'm playing on the old version when I'm playing on the new version?

13 hours ago, viper546 said:

If you REALLY must know...

1) I didn't reply monday because I saw your reply late.
2) My internet was dead ALL of tuesday.
3) I decided to spend some time with my wife after work today.

I'm not here at your beck and call to answer your problems when YOU want me to. I'll do it when -I- have time because, know, I actually have a life?

Also your game version is wrong. The mod works on my machine.

6 hours ago, viper546 said:

What makes you think I'm playing on the old version when I'm playing on the new version?

Check the text on the upper right. if it says V1.0 (bxxx) or something. you use this mod. if not, use the A21.2 version.

Your screenshots have a few items missing that is available to 1.0 version of the game like the "Chunk Persistence", "Server Enabled", "Daily Quest Progression Limit". 

either you follow instruction on how to enable latest_experimental on steam or wait till tomorrow for the actual 1.0 release of the game

13 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

If you REALLY must know...

1) I didn't reply monday because I saw your reply late.
2) My internet was dead ALL of tuesday.
3) I decided to spend some time with my wife after work today.

I'm not here at your beck and call to answer your problems when YOU want me to. I'll do it when -I- have time because, know, I actually have a life?

Also your game version is wrong. The mod works on my machine.

AMEN.  It's amazing how some people think they have the right to be rude when it is people like you putting in the time and effort!

I do have a quick question.  I noticed you updated yur 96 slot backpack mod on Github but not some of the others (Food+Water, HPBars, etc.).  Do you know if the version you have from June 25th for these will work with 1.0 that came out today?

Thank you in advance for your work!

GIVE ALL MODDERS a Break ... They have Real Life's and to most this is a Hobby that they care about. 

AND with Stable Just dropping as A FULL Version .. there Might or should say Issues that WILL come up ... SO Give them time to do their thing and Live their Lifes.😌

Enjoy your Day, The OldGamer

3 hours ago, Jamolisim said:

AMEN.  It's amazing how some people think they have the right to be rude when it is people like you putting in the time and effort!

I do have a quick question.  I noticed you updated yur 96 slot backpack mod on Github but not some of the others (Food+Water, HPBars, etc.).  Do you know if the version you have from June 25th for these will work with 1.0 that came out today?

Thank you in advance for your work!

The others should still work fine. The backpack was updated because TFP updated the slot locking code so it broke

I really like the Wandering Horde mod, with the Headshot only mod. It really increases the challenge of longterm survival, and feels more like a zombie experience. Someone said once the Headshot mod had issues with vultures? Not sure if that was ever resolved, but both work well for me. I also turn xp gain down to 25%, and loot respawn = off.

Edited by vom (see edit history)

1 hour ago, vom said:

I really like the Wandering Horde mod, with the Headshot only mod. It really increases the challenge of longterm survival, and feels more like a zombie experience. Someone said once the Headshot mod had issues with vultures? Not sure if that was ever resolved, but both work well for me. I also turn xp gain down to 25%, and loot respawn = off.

What about loot abundance setting? Ever thought of changing it? 

Just curious, i am trying to make an ideal setup for singleplayer for me, but without blood moons. Warrior diff. + loot respawn off.

Wandering hordes + Improved Hordes + 4x ambient zombies (i could keep the dangerous cities, but i do miss an occational zombie or bunch in the wilderness).

And some QoL mods not worth mentioning.

Edited by Exeline (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Exeline said:

Just curious, i am trying to make an ideal setup for singleplayer for me, but without blood moons. Warrior diff. + loot respawn off.

Wandering hordes + Improved Hordes + 4x ambient zombies (i could keep the dangerous cities, but i do miss an occational zombie or a bunch in the wilderness).

Yes, it doesn't work very well, it's not a flat 25% as you might think. Many objects have nothing in them, or just one cheap item. Buildings were simply not worth going into. In terms of balance, why bother? 75% might be good, but the math on how exactly it works is unclear. So I leave the loot at 100%, but turn respawn off, that forces me to eventually move around rather than looping through the same buildings over and over (as most players seem to). 

I do think overall loot levels seem a little too high, but I don't really use the trader. It's way too easy to progress to scoped rifles and machine guns, completely bypassing any need for the pipe guns. The blood moon is just tedious, unpredictable wandering hordes are much better.

I use these settings on the Wandering Horde mod:

image.png

Every 1-3 hours it will send 1-25 zombies in my direction. They become a continual presence, milling around day and night. Sometimes the hordes will overlap, and you have to be careful or you will run right into one.

2 hours ago, vom said:

THe main issue with vultures is the head hitbox being so small. The damage modifier should not apply to those

3 hours ago, Exeline said:

Wandering hordes + Improved Hordes + 4x ambient zombies (i could keep the dangerous cities, but i do miss an occational zombie or bunch in the wilderness).

I use Dan's Zombies on Nexus on Medium and was going to ask did he ever fix Improved Hordes mod, I use to use that last year but the hordes were always imbalanced and the zombies would stop running?

Sorry for my lack of understanding, but do mods released for 1.0 exp work with 1.0 stable, or should I wait for them to be updated? I know some mods say they work properly in both versions.

I did get this error just now, looks like some kind of conflict with the wandering horde mod. Crashed the game.

MissingFieldException: Field not found: DynamicProperties .Block.Properties Due to: Could not find field in class
  at Khaine_AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent_Patch+Khaine_ChooseNextTime_Patch.Prefix (AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent __instance, AIWanderingHordeSpawner+SpawnType _spawnType, System.UInt64& ___BanditNextTime, System.UInt64& ___HordeNextTime) [0x00006] in <005abdd4d29d4d579491ab1b7ef5305b>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.DMD<System.Void AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent:ChooseNextTime(AIWanderingHordeSpawner+SpawnType)>(AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent,AIWanderingHordeSpawner/SpawnType)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) MonoMod.Utils.DynamicMethodDefinition.SyncProxy<System.Void AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent:ChooseNextTime(AIWanderingHordeSpawner+SpawnType)>(AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent,AIWanderingHordeSpawner/SpawnType)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.DMD<System.Void AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent:TickNextTime(System.UInt64&, AIWanderingHordeSpawner+SpawnType)>(AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent,ulong&,AIWanderingHordeSpawner/SpawnType)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) MonoMod.Utils.DynamicMethodDefinition.SyncProxy<System.Void AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent:TickNextTime(System.UInt64&, AIWanderingHordeSpawner+SpawnType)>(AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent,ulong&,AIWanderingHordeSpawner/SpawnType)
  at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.Tick (System.Double _dt) [0x00018] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0
  at AIDirector.ComponentsTick (System.Double _dt) [0x00015] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0
  at AIDirector.Tick (System.Double dt) [0x00000] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0
  at World.OnUpdateTick (System.Single _partialTicks, System.ArraySegment`1[T] _activeChunks) [0x00242] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0
  at GameManager.UpdateTick () [0x00073] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x0038a] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0

5 hours ago, DRGXIII said:

Sorry for my lack of understanding, but do mods released for 1.0 exp work with 1.0 stable, or should I wait for them to be updated? I know some mods say they work properly in both versions.

Should do. I'll have to do more testing later

3 hours ago, Dankius said:

Does the Always Open Traders mod have any way to make the trader close only for Blood Moons?

No

1 hour ago, vom said:

I did get this error just now, looks like some kind of conflict with the wandering horde mod. Crashed the game.

MissingFieldException: Field not found: DynamicProperties .Block.Properties Due to: Could not find field in class
  at Khaine_AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent_Patch+Khaine_ChooseNextTime_Patch.Prefix (AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent __instance, AIWanderingHordeSpawner+SpawnType _spawnType, System.UInt64& ___BanditNextTime, System.UInt64& ___HordeNextTime) [0x00006] in <005abdd4d29d4d579491ab1b7ef5305b>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.DMD<System.Void AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent:ChooseNextTime(AIWanderingHordeSpawner+SpawnType)>(AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent,AIWanderingHordeSpawner/SpawnType)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) MonoMod.Utils.DynamicMethodDefinition.SyncProxy<System.Void AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent:ChooseNextTime(AIWanderingHordeSpawner+SpawnType)>(AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent,AIWanderingHordeSpawner/SpawnType)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.DMD<System.Void AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent:TickNextTime(System.UInt64&, AIWanderingHordeSpawner+SpawnType)>(AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent,ulong&,AIWanderingHordeSpawner/SpawnType)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) MonoMod.Utils.DynamicMethodDefinition.SyncProxy<System.Void AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent:TickNextTime(System.UInt64&, AIWanderingHordeSpawner+SpawnType)>(AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent,ulong&,AIWanderingHordeSpawner/SpawnType)
  at AIDirectorWanderingHordeComponent.Tick (System.Double _dt) [0x00018] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0
  at AIDirector.ComponentsTick (System.Double _dt) [0x00015] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0
  at AIDirector.Tick (System.Double dt) [0x00000] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0
  at World.OnUpdateTick (System.Single _partialTicks, System.ArraySegment`1[T] _activeChunks) [0x00242] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0
  at GameManager.UpdateTick () [0x00073] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x0038a] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <40e9b6e9762f43cf836123d0f549ad32>:0

That was a bug in an old version. It should be working fine

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

That was a bug in an old version. It should be working fine

Haha, ya I see I'm not the first person to have that issue. I've updated.

Headshot only and wandering horde should both be ingame options haha.

Night is so scary now

image.png.6b24fb9e791c6dddebc01bb69b3347a7.png

image.thumb.png.c5eb25bd1e2bcfa9cb0ccd69772dbb7d.png