v1.0 Seed thread

Time to share your seeds again!

Please post

• Seed name :
  • Biome adjustment settings :
  • Screenshot of map :
  • Number of traders if known :

You can find out details on POI and trader placement via this tool.

Please note that this is only for seeds using the in-game RWG mixer.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems there should be a lot of demand for 8k (max size for eventual crossplay), "Biome Layout: Line" seeds that actually put the biomes in order: pine forest, burnt forest, desert, snow, wasteland. (Alternatively I'd also be ok with: burnt forest, pine forest, desert, snow, wasteland.)

You'd think this should be the default/most common configuration, but so far I have been unable to generate even one that does this correctly. Anyone else manage to find any of these yet?

Edited by AtlasP (see edit history)

So far in about 4 hours of generating seeds I've only managed to find two of these, and neither are 'great'.

Option A - pine forest way undersized due to water gen, otherwise ok 

wFTo2IG.jpeg

Option B - pine forest town generation poorly spaced, with more than half of the pine forest (the entire left half) having only one townRdPITMu.jpeg

Anyone else have better luck or want to help in the search?

Edited by SylenThunder (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Ray Garraty said:

Does anybody have a seed with large city (cities) in the Pine Forest?

You aren't going to get that in Vanilla, and this thread isn't for maps that you edit the xml to create.

Does anyone know what seeds will generate a massive city, ala what Glock9 used for his "City Life" series or the Neebs crew based most of their "Darkness Falls" run out of?

On 7/18/2024 at 3:35 AM, Warwolf said:

Does anyone know what seeds will generate a massive city, ala what Glock9 used for his "City Life" series or the Neebs crew based most of their "Darkness Falls" run out of?

Don't think those will be relevant as they are on older versions of RWG.

On 7/19/2024 at 11:34 AM, BFT2020 said:

Don't think those will be relevant as they are on older versions of RWG.

In rwgmixer.xml there is a "citybig" entry (28 x 40 tiles) in all map sizes that will only be created in the Wasteland biome.

Whats the point to this thread when the randomness was pretty much removed from random gen almost entirely in A22 aka v1.0? (Sorry this game is not at all 1.0 ready far from it its still in alpha) All biome traders are the same type, biomes have town size capped so it never varies. They've effectivly removed the random part of random gen for no valid reason, now every map is basically the exact same other than what shape the biome takes and what poi's happen to spawn in that town, which I bet they have caps on that too.

I've generated a ton of maps and virtually every map is the same, only real variance is how close to other biomes your trader rekt may be.

I'm trying to generate a large Metropolitan area near the center of the map in the plains biome. Is that no longer possible? After repeated attempts all the metropolitan areas seem to be everywhere but the center.

For solo play, I am very much liking 4K maps. Access to all biomes (I'm at the Zuckergates Estate in desert, which has access to 3 traders -- Desert, Forest, and Wasteland. I don't like rivers and mountains. Traders are red squares. I'm at the large light blue square south of a desert trader and west of a Wasteland trader with road access to a forest trader (potatoes). Surprising number of high level POIs in Forest outside of cities. Wasteland megacity. 

image.thumb.png.aa49f0b9ed4fca9d12ff14d0775ad8cd.png

Earlier, I tried Center Forest, but that's not good lategame or even midgame.

image.thumb.png.872cfc0cc77aff78cb5be622cf7e3b4d.png

On 7/26/2024 at 5:40 PM, WonOnOne said:

I'm trying to generate a large Metropolitan area near the center of the map in the plains biome. Is that no longer possible? After repeated attempts all the metropolitan areas seem to be everywhere but the center.

No megacities in Forest -- or are you trying for a big city in Desert? I recommend Wasteland Center. 

Edited by avalonnn (see edit history)

I’m having bad luck generating a map with a lot of variety with tier 5 poi

I keep getting 10 pop a pill factories and no other factory..  :(

anyone have a seed with all the tier 5 poi’s?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2024 at 10:30 AM, Fugazi70 said:

I’m having bad luck generating a map with a lot of variety with tier 5 poi

I keep getting 10 pop a pill factories and no other factory..  :(

anyone have a seed with all the tier 5 poi’s?

I've never seen that. What's your map size? What's your seed? I think that all of the seeds in this thread have some variety of POIs. 

2 hours ago, avalonnn said:

I've never seen that. What's your map size? What's your seed? I think that all of the seeds in this thread have some variety of POIs. 

I was able to spawn one with a shotgun messiah factory but it did take a lot of luck

So I just got that sinking feeling after day 27 and finishing t5 when it dawned on me that every...single...quest...was a clear infected.

Ergo, I have no T5 POIs and very likely no T6 either. This really sucks. There needs to be an easier way than going through the map ahead of time with a fine tooth comb. Maybe a counter of POI tiers built in so that you can see quickly if you might want to give the map a miss.

• 4 weeks later...