Threads > Twitter

Just wondering if the social media team have a Threads account where they post updates like they do on Twitter?

I know I could use Twitter but can’t stand the app. I’m always on the forums but it seems features and updates get posted there first.

My social media is just my original hotmail account from about 1998, gmail, the forum here and discord.

I also have never bought a cellphone and still have my landline number from the 70's.

13 hours ago, YourMirror said:

Not to mention some folks cant stand the internet. Would be great if they could get a written letter with foto's and updates.

Don't forget all the kool kds use Diskord...

9 hours ago, Gamida said:

My social media is just my original hotmail account from about 1998, gmail, the forum here and discord.

I also have never bought a cellphone and still have my landline number from the 70's.

Discord isn't social media, though. It's an organized chat site (organized = designated, isolated communities, versus something like a town square that describes actual social media), much like how YouTube isn't social media, it's a video hosting service. :)

Personally I have a gmail account, Reddit (which I'm considering abandoning entirely), and, again, not social media, YouTube and Discord.

Lol @ ppl not using twitter because Elon owns it.  Threads is a low usage platform for ppl who want to virtue signal.  It's not popular enough to warrant it's inclusion into the real social media ecosystem.

6 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Discord isn't social media, though. It's an organized chat site (organized = designated, isolated communities, versus something like a town square that describes actual social media), much like how YouTube isn't social media, it's a video hosting service. :)

Personally I have a gmail account, Reddit (which I'm considering abandoning entirely), and, again, not social media, YouTube and Discord.

Anything I connect to people through I call social media. If I send you a written letter through the post office. The post office to me is social media. :)

On 5/25/2024 at 10:53 PM, RyanX said:

Lol @ ppl not using twitter because Elon owns it.  Threads is a low usage platform for ppl who want to virtue signal.  It's not popular enough to warrant it's inclusion into the real social media ecosystem.

No one mentioned Elon, except you... 

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 2:53 PM, RyanX said:

I didn´t use it before aswell. Now that Musk owns it it´s just a different kind of cancer than before. Same, but different.

And on topic: It´s a joke that the devs don´t post things on all their platforms. The Social Media work is bad, so i doubt they will use Threads tbh. And i´d rather have them posting everything important on all their platforms instead of adding a new one. 

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)