Working Ovens and Sinks

Valmar

• 3 months later...

Hello Valmar,

your "mini-mods" are great because implementation of new features can be done while keeping bug fixing to a mininum.

Also in many big mods I don't like some of the added functionality or changed core mechanics, so your mods are perfect! :)

The sink of this mod is working great!

I have a problem with the oven (already had it in Alpha 12 with this mod) and couldn't figure it out back then.

Running on a server:

When I place a wall oven or stove oven (from the creative menu, they should be yours because the others listed work as normal loot containers) then I can't open them. It says press space to use but nothing happens.

I checked the XMLs several times but can't find an error.

Hey BFC.

I'm glad you appreciate it. Thats exactly why I try to keep these "mini-mods" updated - some players may not want the full package.

I believe the problem is that the xui.xml file does not "push" to clients from a server. It is what handles the new menu. Can you put the mod in your own personal files aswell as the servers and see if that resolves the issue?

Hey BFC.

I'm glad you appreciate it. Thats exactly why I try to keep these "mini-mods" updated - some players may not want the full package.

I believe the problem is that the xui.xml file does not "push" to clients from a server. It is what handles the new menu. Can you put the mod in your own personal files aswell as the servers and see if that resolves the issue?

Unfortunately I can't do that for all users, so I'll just leave the oven out and keep the sink. Thank you! :)

Hey Valmar! I love your mods! However I'm not the fastest or best at putting code into the xmls, about my extent is changing stack sizes.

I was wondering if when you do mods. if you could take a clean copy of the xml and put just the specific mods in then post those to download. or maybe a few mods that go together like these The sink and oven.

that way we can just download your xml and replace with ours.

@BFC

Its possible the update broke it because it installed new a loot.xml. It also did a new block.xml, I think. Though it sounds like you added it back in. You might had forgotten to add the loot back though. I've seen that error occur when trying to place a loot container without having a working loot.xml set up for it. If that makes sense.

Or black magic. One of those things.

@Amazombie

I understand where you're coming from but it'd be really impractical of me to do this. You see, everytime the game updates I have to update the xml files. If all my mods were shared in the way you suggest I would have to update them all each and everytime the game updates, even if my mod itself doesn't need changing.

The reason I share only the raw mod code is because then you can add it yourself no matter what update comes - the code I share will almost always be compatible.

For example with this mod, if an update releases that changes how much stone drops when mined, I would have to update my mod. Even though my mod has nothing to do with what was changed.

However, if you want just my mods in a vanilla type game, my Valmod Pack Lite would be perfect for you. It is essentially Vanilla with my mods added. I also keep it updated to the new version of 7DTD. A few differences from Vanilla to be sure but its not so wildly different that you would be lost. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?31730-Valmod-Pack&p=301259&viewfull=1#post301259

If there are only a handful of mods you want you could list them here and I could PM you a personal file with them all installed for you. However you'd be doing this at your own risk because it's a one-time thing: I wouldn't be able to keep it updated for every patch that drops. Its up to you if thats what you want or not.

If you do add the mods manually and run into a problem you can ask and I'll do my best to help out whenever you have a problem.

xui.xml (be sure to keep </ruleset> AND </xui> at the bottom of the file)

<window_group name="workstation_NAMEOFYOURSTOVEBLOCK" controller="XUiC_WorkstationWindowGroup">

<window name="windowCraftingList"/>

<window name="craftingInfoPanel"/>

<window name="windowCraftingQueue"/>

<window name="windowToolsCampfire" />

<window name="windowFuel" />

<window name="windowOutput" />

<window name="windowNonPagingHeader" />

</window_group>

Do you also know that you need all new recipes to be able to cook from it? It doesn't borrow the recipes from the vanilla campfire like it used to. You now need all new recipes that specifically point to this new craft area.

Also those who play your server, if you host the mod, will also need the XUI file to be able to open the stove.

Hi.

I edited the "blocks.xml" "recipes.xml" and "xui.xml" file to add functional wallOven.

At first everything it seems fine, make food and everything, but ... (I hate buts ...) only works me.

The remaining players on the server can not open the new wallOven and block, but to send the "xui.xml" edited file and put it into your PC, can use the wallOven and cook in but only those who downloaded the file.

Is there any way that they do not have to download it manually?

NOTE: No English, only Spanish, I am using a translator.

ARCHIVE "Blocks.xml"

<block id="1599" name="cocina">
   <property name="Class" value="Campfire" />
   <property name="Material" value="metal" />
   <property name="Texture" value="346,345,341,345,262,345" />
   <property name="CustomIcon" value="wallOven" />
   <property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true" />
   <property name="ParticleName" value="campfire" />
   <property name="ParticleOffset" value="0.5,0.9,0.5" />
<property name="HeatMapStrength" value="2"/>
<property name="HeatMapTime" value="1200"/>
<property name="HeatMapFrequency" value="25"/>
<property name="BuffsWhenWalkedOn" value="burningSmall"/>
<property name="ActiveRadiusEffects" value="+heatSource(3)"/>
<property class="RepairItems">
	<property name="scrapIron" value="1" />
</property>	
   <drop event="Destroy" count="0" />
   <property name="Group" value="Food/Cooking,Basics" />
   <drop event="Destroy" name="[recipe]" count="1" />	
<property class="Workstation">
	<property name="Modules" value="tools,output,fuel,input"/>
</property>
<property name="DescriptionKey" value="campfireDesc"/>
 </block>

1. I added a new oven and sinks because I wanted this to only effect ones the user crafts and places. Not the ones found in the world. They're duplicates for that specific reason.

2. I'm not sure what you're on about. It works fine for me. You have to left click to get clean water in my code, not right click, and it only works on sinks the user has crafted - not ones in the world.

Edit: Tried it again. Still works fine. Even on a server. Other players could use it aswell. I'm not sure what your problem is, maybe you're entering it wrong? I can look at your XML if you'd like, see if I can detect a problem.

good thing you made the duplicate item modifying the existing one can cause problems if the world has already started, ( I.E loot in a loot container that is no longer a loot container :)

@Suicidasestao

Sorry but currently the XUI.xml does not push to clients from the server. There's nothing we can do about it. We'll have to wait for this to hopefully be addressed in the future.

@Deccypher

Plus with how XUI works today I don't think it would had worked anyway with vanilla. I've noticed that XUI changes are not done "live". Like if you place a block and then go in the XUI and make that block a workstation you still wont be able to use it because when you placed the block it wasn't a workstation. You'd have to place a new one for it to take effect. Therefore I suspect that even if I did this mod to target the vanilla ovens they will not work since they're already placed by the game. Though maybe a new map would fix that. I don't know.

@Josh

My bad. I should make note of these things in the OP.

@Dragon

It would be tricky. THOUGH! Not impossible. When it comes to changing colors of blocks we're very limited in the xml.

It wont work on any model block. So the 311 oven is out of the question.

<block id="311" name="oven">

<property name="Class" value="Loot" />

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel" />

<property name="Mesh" value="models" />

<property name="Model" value="Appliances/oven" param1="main_mesh" />

<property name="LootList" value="5" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="scrapCable" count="1" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="shortMetalPipe" count="2" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Destroy" name="scrapIron" count="2" prob="1" />

<drop event="Fall" name="scrapMetalPile" count="1" prob="1.0" stick_chance=".75" />

</block>

As you see, its not actually a "block" with textures its a 3D model.

The 1076 wallOven however IS a block using textures!

<block id="1076" name="wallOven">

<property name="Texture" value="346,345,341,345,262,345" />

<property name="LootList" value="3" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="scrapCable" count="1" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Harvest" name="shortMetalPipe" count="2" tool_category="Disassemble" />

<drop event="Fall" name="scrapMetalPile" count="1" prob="1.0" stick_chance=".75" />

</block>

So what you can do is find other blocks in the game that have textures like this and add their values to it. For example here is a orange microwave built using the over wallOven code and the orange texture from the orangeMetalTanDrywall block.

<block id="1806" name="Microwave">

<property name="CustomIcon" value="wallOven" />

<property name="Shape" value="Half" />

<property name="Texture" value="429,429,429,429,341,429" />

<property name="LootList" value="3" />

<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacer" />

</block>

So yes you could, in a sense, make different colored ovens. It just won't be the easiest thing in the world to do. You'll need to find a block that has the color you want and see if you can borrow the texture from it, as I did above.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived