Working Ovens and Sinks

Valmar

The campfire may be special in that it likely has the sound file attached to the actual block. Like for example the fridge. It has a loud obnoxious buzzing attached to its model. Campfires may be similar.

This is just speculation on my part, though.

I think...if you have it as Class="campfire" it stills looks to the xui for the workstation.

I removed the Workstation entries from my ovens and simply left it as class campfire. It still functioned as a workstation.

I then commented out the xui entries...and got the error about the workstations missing from the xui.xml.

So...maybe I'm tired and blind; or it looks like simply classifying it as a campfire makes it a workstation.

We need xuis to be pushed to clients...bleh

Vote h0tr0d 2016 -- we push back

Did you add the recipes in the recipes.xml?

You might have made a mistake. If one recipe breaks all recipes beneath it break.

Next time you start up the game bring up the console with the ~ key and scroll through it. If the recipes.xml is broken you should see a red message telling you of the error and pointing you n the direction of the issue.

If that doesn't help you find the problem you can package the config folder up and send it to me and I'll fix it.

Did you add the recipes in the recipes.xml?

You might have made a mistake. If one recipe breaks all recipes beneath it break.

Next time you start up the game bring up the console with the ~ key and scroll through it. If the recipes.xml is broken you should see a red message telling you of the error and pointing you n the direction of the issue.

If that doesn't help you find the problem you can package the config folder up and send it to

I didnt see any red errors, but if you would have a look for me I would appreciate it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4371738/Config.zip

One point, just incase its relevant here and you're still using my Valmod Pack : this mod is already included in the Valmod Pack so you shouldn't have to worry about it.

But to answer your question open the items.xml and find the vanilla code for the glass jar. It should look like this:

<item id="227" name="emptyJar">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Food/mason_jarPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="glass" />

<property name="HoldType" value="3" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="15" />

<property name="Weight" value="15" />

<property class="Action1">

<!-- UseAction -->

<property name="Class" value="ExchangeItem" />

<property name="Delay" value="1.0" />

<property name="Change_item_to" value="bottledRiverWater" />

<property name="Do_block_action" value="deplete1" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_1" value="water" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_2" value="waterMoving" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_3" value="waterStaticBucket" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_4" value="waterMovingBucket" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_5" value="waterSource8" />

<property name="Sound_start" value="UseActions/bucketfill_water" />

</property>

<property name="Group" value="Resources" />

<property class="Preview">

<property name="Zoom" value="28" />

<property name="Pos" value="0,-0.05" />

<property name="Rot" value="90,45,0" />

</property>

</item>

Now that you found the emptyJar change the code to look like this:

<item id="227" name="emptyJar">

<property name="Meshfile" value="Items/Food/mason_jarPrefab" />

<property name="Material" value="glass" />

<property name="HoldType" value="3" />

<property name="Stacknumber" value="64" />

<property name="Weight" value="15" />

<property class="Action0">

<!-- UseAction -->

<property name="Change_item_to" value="bottledWater" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_1" value="Cabinet_Sink" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_2" value="Granite_Sink" />

</property>

<property class="Action1">

<!-- UseAction -->

<property name="Change_item_to" value="bottledRiverWater" />

<property name="Do_block_action" value="deplete1" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_1" value="water" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_2" value="waterMoving" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_3" value="waterStaticBucket" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_4" value="waterMovingBucket" />

<property name="Focused_blockname_5" value="waterSource8" />

</property>

<property name="Group" value="Resources" />

<property class="Preview">

<property name="Zoom" value="28" />

<property name="Pos" value="0,-0.05" />

<property name="Rot" value="90,45,0" />

</property>

</item>

Does that explain it well enough?

Edit: Also, if it is your first time editing an xml file I highly recommend you download and install the free program Notepad++ as it makes it a lot easier.

Does that explain it well enough?

Perfect sense thanks ! :) & I'm okay with basic notepad thx

yea friend and I want to play the game with as least changes to the mechanics (ex: spawning, hordes, combat, looting, getting recipes etc etc.) we're adding mods that add useful items/guns/food/farming/ etc. to enhance our gameplay :)

Perfect sense thanks ! :) & I'm okay with basic notepad thx

yea friend and I want to play the game with as least changes to the mechanics (ex: spawning, hordes, combat, looting, getting recipes etc etc.) we're adding mods that add useful items/guns/food/farming/ etc. to enhance our gameplay :)

Such as my Valmod Pack Lite? Lol. Power to you though, have fun.

Also, I still highly, almost desperately recommend notepad++. Its free and a small download. It will improve your xml editing life so, so much. Like, without it, I wouldn't be modding the game. Thats how much of a difference it makes for me. Of course its up to you. If you're happy with the normal plain-Jane windows notepad then power to you (again).

Such as my Valmod Pack Lite? Lol. Power to you though, have fun.

Also, I still highly, almost desperately recommend notepad++. Its free and a small download. It will improve your xml editing life so, so much. Like, without it, I wouldn't be modding the game. Thats how much of a difference it makes for me. Of course its up to you. If you're happy with the normal plain-Jane windows notepad then power to you (again).

the lite packonly adds the items, guns, blocks, tools, traps, etc etc no gameplay or hud changes? :o

the lite packonly adds the items, guns, blocks, tools, traps, etc etc no gameplay or hud changes? :o

The only real gameplay change it makes is the cooking bowls. You cook food with bowls of water instead of jars of water. Though arguably thats a minor change and shouldn't be too difficult to get used to.

It does change the hud, however. You could keep the vanilla XUI folder to maintain the default vanilla interface.

• 5 weeks later...
in that case id like to report a bug, there working for me, don't think i did anything different the only think missing for me is the feel warm by fire buff
I agree, warm by fire which is not a problem for me in the desert. And I need to put about 2 minutes + or - extra fuel in the oven but it cooks while I am mining.

The fire buff shouldn't actually trigger with mine since they don't use fuel. That effect only turns "on", to my understanding, when you set a workstation to an "on" state with fuel. Either way I wouldn't want you to get warm by an oven. They're not the same as an open fire.

Also to clarify the problem a bit...

If you set a workstation to work without fuel via the block info then when you first place it, on singleplayer (doesnt seem to effect mp) you will get a null reference until you open it.

You can leave the fuel line in the workstation and still remove its need for fuel via the xui - but doing so will keep it from working when you leave the workstation. You have to remove both the xui and the block fuel lines now. This wasn't originally the case. Since this problem looks to be resolved in A14 I will wait until then before doing any possible troubleshooting.

• 1 month later...

Does the code not work in A14? Only thing that stands out to me as a possible issue is that the custom icon property isn't correct anymore due to name changes.

At anyrate I'll be testing my mods and bringing them back to A14 standards as I build back up the Valmod Pack. After thats been updated all the individual ones, such as this, are next on my agenda.

• 2 weeks later...
Valmar Quick question, applied the mod but the sink doesn't want to play nice with me, can't get water filled with left click and empty jar on hand any suggestions? Using 14.4 if it helps

Did you modify the empty jar item so it has the Action0 class I provided? Are you certain you're trying to use it on a working sink and not a vanilla one in a prefab?

If yes to both of these then package the config folder up in a zip and send it my way. I'll take a look and see what the issue is.

Archived