Fundamentals of Survivor

Wave

31 minutes ago, meilodasreh said:

Imho it's a foul argument to just take away/shift the "original perspective".

Can I claim I can jump 10ft high when I bury the bar 8ft deep...

Something about Ignoratio Elenchi;  I aint that smart, so I looked it up, as it is a common tactic in Forum Word Warrior.

Here is my personal persspective. I understood exactly what Wave posted.
The reason is because it would affect my gameplay the same way. I play
a nomadic form. One of the basic parts of this for me is I'd camp out
as often I moved around. The mechanic not "the trigger word" that was removed
affects my game play directly, by changing my mobile way to sedentary.

This is because an equal mechanic did not replace the ability that I had before.
I don't horde water, mainly because there were plenty of sources. Prior to A21
i zeroed all water sources out of the water.xml. There were water towers, pools,
and containers of toilet water to be found. Id collect a few triggers and that was all
i needed. I play slow at 120 minute days, and enjoy the environment.

A21 Faatal worked on water, so I figured ways to use it for the future of my gameplays.
I am a fan or the terrain, The pregen world, the outdoors. Always have been.

Its like a gate in the perk system, Now I have to either buy it in the beginning,
and or find a cooking pot after finding, toilet water. I only use the Dew collector,
If I plan to stay. But it isn't practical if I am camping on the edge of the
wasteland zone, and or moving across the map. I would plunder, kitchens until i found
a pot, boil some water and feel a natural flow to my gameplay.

I personally don't like to sit still, I bow hunt, camp, and spelunking pois in that order.
It slows my progression to a crawl and let's me see more. The mechanic almost reverses
the order: Poi dive first, and shack up in a derelict poi, until I have a pot and a hoard of
toilet water or purchased, before i get to continue. It also makes me have to horde icons, because
otherwise I have to stop and go back to a city to drink clean water again. I can't just get a few
because I would have to stop and go back to a POI to get more water.

I don't miss triggers themselves, but I do miss the ability, for mobility that they gave me.

It's not easier or harder,  I didn't have excessive water anyway.

So I posted a potential or possible compromise, to keep the ability. Took notes, and
plan to make that adjustment if necessary in the future.

Adapt and overcome.

Edited by 4sheetzngeegles (see edit history)

On 12/7/2023 at 9:16 AM, Wave said:

In real life, you will not loose jar or bottle after drinking from it.

I think this is where you need to "rethink" your line of thinking.  The game is not a real life simulator.  For example, can you carry around a 4x4 truck in your backpack in real life?  Can you dismantle a car and magically collect the gas in a gas can you didn't have, and then carry all of the parts in your backpack in real life?  These are just two of the many examples I can think of.

The removal of the jars makes you play the game differently than you did before.  Once you accept that, water is not an issue.  I have had a few play throughs where I didn't even craft any dew collectors and again, water was not an issue.  Loot every toilet, water bottle, water fountain, coffee maker you can find and get a cooking pot early and you're good to go.

On 12/13/2023 at 2:45 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

... Don´t know any other reason why you would turn in a sandbox game into a linear experience, but here we are. 

I have pondered this for a bit because it reminded me of the mid stages of Star Wars Galaxies a year after launch. 

It was very sandboxy early early on.

Then it switched, because there are players that dont like/understand the context and need/want to be lead into the content.   At that time the PC vs Console Players was the perceived divide.  They are different play styles.

However, the problem...on a personal level...becomes when in order to steer a segment, the other segment starts to be disenfranchised.

There is plenty of other stuff that is still Sandboxy, but beware of the ides...err the slippery slope.

If a door is ajar but nobody enters the building to see it or choose to leave it open or close it or destroy it then was it really ever ajar?

Now think of all the poi’s you never entered during a save and from a metaphysical standpoint, you as a player removed more jars than TFP ever did by never witnessing those open doors. 

7 minutes ago, Roland said:

you as a player removed more jars than TFP ever did by never witnessing those open doors.

Well, tbh that's kind of an easy standard as TFP didn't actually remove any jars; they just made them stop spawning so no new jars are generated in the recent patches.

34 minutes ago, theFlu said:

TFP didn't actually remove any jars; they just made them stop spawning so no new jars are generated in the recent patches.

Geez, just as I found some refuge by trying to convince myself of the thought that the dew collector is an empty jar spawner that also immediately fills them with water, people start to foil that concept too. 😄

That at least had some logic to it...Rolands idea with the door-jars exceeded my imagination by several astronomical units 😄

Edited by meilodasreh (see edit history)

@Roland

If a door is ajar but nobody enters the building to see it or choose to leave it open or close it or destroy it then was it really ever ajar?

Now think of all the poi’s you never entered during a save and from a metaphysical standpoint, you as a player removed more jars than TFP ever did by never witnessing those open doors. 

I don't know why, but now you have me thinking about a forest of trees. What gives?

I think i get it now.

While a door can be ajar, but a jar can't be a door,
then a door left ajar is simply a bit more.

To see a door ajar is then to see a jar, be it near or very far,
existentially speaking.

If that's so, then can a can be a can or is it too just a jar,
for to leave a door ajar is to provide yourself a peek, but the
cans had no lid, were not closed, so in fact were left ajar
Why didn't they just leak?

I'm sleepy now

Edited by 4sheetzngeegles
reposition yourself and a (see edit history)