Suggestions: Base building, overnight stay, NPCs

Mars

1) It would be an advantage if you could recognize damaged elements... for example by color as soon as you have equipped a repair tool... or for example: If a steel block is destroyed, it becomes a concrete block instead of being destroyed.

2) It would be interesting if the Player could "sleep" for a night at the Trader for 5k or more (maybe not on a horde night). So the furnishings would make some sense (some have a hut or multiple beds).

3) Maybe its possible that add NPCs. They would attack one or expand various houses themselves. That would make the game even more interesting.

Best regards,

8 hours ago, Mars said:

1) It would be an advantage if you could recognize damaged elements... for example by color as soon as you have equipped a repair tool... or for example: If a steel block is destroyed, it becomes a concrete block instead of being destroyed.

2) It would be interesting if the Player could "sleep" for a night at the Trader for 5k or more (maybe not on a horde night). So the furnishings would make some sense (some have a hut or multiple beds).

3) Maybe its possible that add NPCs. They would attack one or expand various houses themselves. That would make the game even more interesting.

Best regards,

1 hour ago, Mars said:

or for example: If a steel block is destroyed, it becomes a concrete block instead of being destroyed.

TFP moved away from this just recently. So very unlikely to happen

1 hour ago, Mars said:

That is already the plan with bandits.

Sleeping overnight is propably not going to happen aswell. The SP mode is technically a MP game with one player, if you don´t set a password or set the number of players to one, people can join your game. If i understand that correct the game has no real SP mode. I am not sure, but i think you can´t implement that without effecting MP aswell. Might be wrong though, i have no clue about coding.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Mars said:

But.. you CAN recognize damaged elements. Damaged blocks have cracks and other damage showing on them.

On 10/23/2023 at 9:09 AM, meganoth said:

TFP moved away from this just recently. So very unlikely to happen

Understandable, but it would be very beneficial if the player could detect damaged elements with a repair tool. :)

17 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Sleeping overnight is propably not going to happen aswell. The SP mode is technically a MP game with one player, if you don´t set a password or set the number of players to one, people can join your game. If i understand that correct the game has no real SP mode. I am not sure, but i think you can´t implement that without effecting MP aswell. Might be wrong though, i have no clue about coding.

I don't mean sleeping directly. The only thing is that (on normal nights) you can find refuge with a trader when "traveling through" (of course correspondingly difficult, for example with 5-10k... The player could also go out, only the trader would also be open for the paid night.) :)

10 hours ago, Old Crow said:

But.. you CAN recognize damaged elements. Damaged blocks have cracks and other damage showing on them.

Slightly damaged elements are difficult or impossible to recognize.
I assume any damage, not just the serious ones. :)

Edited by Mars (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Mars said:

I don't mean sleeping directly. The only thing is that (on normal nights) you can find refuge with a trader when "traveling through" (of course correspondingly difficult, for example with 5-10k... The player could also go out, only the trader would also be open for the paid night.) :)

A few years ago Madmole talked about this idea as an alternative to bloodmoon they were considering. But as they have never followed up on this we can assume it never seemed necessary to implement it. Still possible if for example lots of players are asking for it or new players have too much problem with bloodmoon or TFP needs more money sinks.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)