DEVELOPERS!!!! Knife is overpowered, Too much accent on looting aspect

eganonstwr

Game is sandbox, better leave it sandbox, nerf looting algorithm, return planting seeds on the ground, return multiplying seeds when harvesting crops so no need to find other seeds, just make the seeds more rare, too much accent on looting. Too much loot, i see greedy twitch streamers loading lots of stuff they dont need in containers wtf, is htis a @%$#ing survival or wt ???? i dont want to play at 25% loot, i want better algorithms, i dont want to use some 3rd party crappy mods, i want vanilla game to be better. You want players to explore, exploration is good, but it is possible to settle in one place 1-2km radius and live to the endgame with tremendous amount of loot. RETHINK THIS GUYS. And Power attacks with knifes are overpowered combined with using lesser stamina than other tools. Think About it DEVS

What difficultly level are you playing that you think knives are OP and need to be nerfed?

One of the main game themes is looting.  If you want to reduce the looting aspect of it, you are going to have to mod the game.  And since you think 3rd party modders are crappy, you might want to start learning XPATH.

14 hours ago, Urban Blackbear said:

The very reason why the game has all those loot and difficulty options are so that you can use them. Don't be lazy.

This is the guy that marked all his posts "IMPORTANT"! Until I called him out on it. Now calling out the Devs to customise the game to his taste, even though tools provided for him to do the work, and other people have done it for him, yet it's not good enough. 

This guy isn't just lazy, he has "main character syndrome". 

On 9/25/2023 at 6:48 AM, BFT2020 said:

What difficultly level are you playing that you think knives are OP and need to be nerfed?

One of the main game themes is looting.  If you want to reduce the looting aspect of it, you are going to have to mod the game.  And since you think 3rd party modders are crappy, you might want to start learning XPATH.

If anything they need a buff and Swords or something 

The only bladed weapon that's really good is the machete 

2 minutes ago, eganonstwr said:

Just try to power attack with knives, they consume significantly less stamina and dmg almost identical to that of machete

Not gonna lie, the knifes power attack is pretty good. It just requires you to be really close. I still prefer machetes because I like cutting off heads instead of popping them.

13 minutes ago, Urban Blackbear said:

Not gonna lie, the knifes power attack is pretty good. It just requires you to be really close. I still prefer machetes because I like cutting off heads instead of popping them.

look you run close, attack the zombie, run away wait till zombie stun animation ends and attack again, i can @%$# up any feral zombie at insane nightmare difficulty with a bone knife with 2 knife perks in early game, its too easy this doesnt look like a survival, i hope developers read this

36 minutes ago, eganonstwr said:

Just try to power attack with knives, they consume significantly less stamina and dmg almost identical to that of machete

You think the knife is OP, just wait till you try the stun baton. It is (IMO) probably the best melee weapon in the game now.

However, the knife is not OP. As others have stated, it has it's drawbacks and cannot be used a primary weapon in the late game. It is incredibly fun to use early to mid game, and there is nothing wrong with that.

1 minute ago, Syphon583 said:

You think the knife is OP, just wait till you try the stun baton. It is (IMO) probably the best melee weapon in the game now.

However, the knife is not OP. As others have stated, it has it's drawbacks and cannot be used a primary weapon in the late game. It is incredibly fun to use early to mid game, and there is nothing wrong with that.

you are wrong because i easily use it in late game, tbh its the only weapon i use and rarely rifles

5 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

knife is not just op its oop dude haha

1 minute ago, eganonstwr said:

you are wrong because i easily use it in late game, tbh its the only weapon i use and rarely rifles

Well, that really depends on what difficulty you play on. If you are finding success with the knife as your primary weapon in the "late" game on anything Survivalist and above, more power to you. Good job.

I'd suspect that's not the case for most players.

2 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

Well, that really depends on what difficulty you play on. If you are finding success with the knife as your primary weapon in the "late" game on anything Survivalist and above, more power to you. Good job.

I'd suspect that's not the case for most players.

I PLAY INSANE NIGHMARE FERAL SENSE, and the game still kindergarden 

Just now, eganonstwr said:

sorry KindergarTen :D soryyy

1 minute ago, eganonstwr said:

sorry KindergarTen :D soryyy

Again, more power to you. Awesome job on conquering the game! You did it! Here's a trophy!

🏆

I'm still willing to bet most players do not share your "particular set of skills" and can handle hordes of zombies with just a knife. You're not the typical player. If you need the game to be harder, there are mods you can use.

5 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

Again, more power to you. Awesome job on conquering the game! You did it! Here's a trophy!

🏆

I'm still willing to bet most players do not share your "particular set of skills" and can handle hordes of zombies with just a knife. You're not the typical player. If you need the game to be harder, there are mods you can use.

You told me depends what difficulty i play on, i told you that i max out diff settings because enormous strenght of the knife. Knife is OOP in the hands of anybody. So no matter difficulty MY DUDELLO, if not hordes, they can fast lvl up in early game just harrassing the poor zombies (not surviving them) with an imbalanced powerful Knife. If you understand the simple game mechanics even a noob can handle hordes of zombies with just a knife

21 minutes ago, Syphon583 said:

🏆

The only noob here is not the person who dont have skills, the noob person here is who is not aware of simple hit and run game mechanics hahaha

1 hour ago, eganonstwr said:

The dismembing and range as well on the machete is what makes it better. On survivalist or nightmare. You really don't want to uses knifes and that's a shame 

They got good sneak damage but it's kinda useless in pois! But handy if your sneaking outside. 

I'm more of a spear kinda guy but I love slashing with a machete 

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

The dismembing and range as well on the machete is what makes it better. On survivalist or nightmare. You really don't want to uses knifes and that's a shame 

They got good sneak damage but it's kinda useless in pois! But handy if your sneaking out outside. 

I'm more of a spear kinda guy but I love slashing with a machete 

Machete is top

And in terms of looting.  There is no wining 

They make it so people have to craft more "Scavenging is ruined omg" 

Make it so you need to savage more

"Omg crafting is ruined omg" 

Then people say "oh this mod does better" and though true for some cases it's just where the game is going. We are in a okay but some stuff could be done better