Demolishers are bugged I would like to see what you think of the Video I made of it

conandodd

Not that I believe the following for reals, but .. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was a counter- long-range-countermeasure. "Our precious basebusters never get to the bases!! why? they're getting shot in the head.. well, no more of that!" :)

But ye, looks like a pretty nasty issue.. is it the same when they're moving? Harder to test, but they're different animations, it might just be the idle one. Unlikely since you ended up testing it, but still.

I watched most of the video. What you may have found or pointed out, seems to deal with colliders

for the head, poptops were a main over haul this alpha, its possible that the "head" collider for that doll

was made passthrough accidentally, or deleted. Each time you hit it wasn't the head, it was during

the animation when it bared it's shoulder. nearer the collar bone. Post it to the bugs section, if not

intentional then it means players will have to shoot and detonate only.

Edited by 4sheetzngeegles (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Not that I believe the following for reals, but .. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was a counter- long-range-countermeasure. "Our precious basebusters never get to the bases!! why? they're getting shot in the head.. well, no more of that!" :)

But ye, looks like a pretty nasty issue.. is it the same when they're moving? Harder to test, but they're different animations, it might just be the idle one. Unlikely since you ended up testing it, but still.

I first saw it on a horde night test, it took 44 shots to kill one and I was a little dumbfounded so I did some testing.  It happened to be in a video challenge 1 block wide base that GNS challenged the community.

28 minutes ago, 4sheetzngeegles said:

I watched most of the video. What you may have found or pointed out, seems to deal with colliders

for the head, poptops were a main over haul this alpha, its possible that the "head" collider for that doll

was made passthrough accidentally, or deleted. Each time you hit it wasn't the head, it was during

the animation when it bared it's shoulder. nearer the collar bone. Post it to the bugs section, if not

intentional then it means players will have to shoot and detonate only.

I posted on a bug report also, It didn't do this in a 20.

I didn't watch the video, but here's an easy test. I spawned a demo, with disabled AI and took point blank shots at his head, using a scope so I could aim precisely.

I had to be this close to hit him unless I moved the aim down to about the neck area.

20230716223207_1.jpg

9 hours ago, theFlu said:

I'd most certainly believe it...

5 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

@conandodd Bug reports go here.  Huge red banner at the top.

0ec36cda5f7f42683b277fa3eb35ee92.png

QA will typically not investigate unless you submit it as a bug report in the bug report forum as explained by clicking on the red banner above. It has to be posted in the Bug Pool section.

Yes I did that but also wanted the community to know about the issue!

11 hours ago, seven said:

I didn't watch the video, but here's an easy test. I spawned a demo, with disabled AI and took point blank shots at his head, using a scope so I could aim precisely.

I had to be this close to hit him unless I moved the aim down to about the neck area.

20230716223207_1.jpg

I actully did the testing from 10m 5 m and 1 meter with numbered blocks with sniper rifle and then the dev pistol and also did test on other zombies.

10 hours ago, Callum123456789 said:

I've also noticed demolisher head hit boxes are bugged most just past through when shooting him.

Yep it is annoying for sure, I just wanted people to be aware and know that they are bugged.

Yea, I noticed this "bug" during my last horde night. Luckily, my desert vulture, 3 shots them to the body with rank 5 of the gunslinger perk. The whole point is to snipe them before they get to your base because they do tons of block damage with just their meat mitts. I really hope this is a bug and not intended. TFP really need to get out of this whole "design against the player" mentality kick. Spawning Zs behind you in rooms you already cleared, area triggers to break sneak. Oh you perked into sniper rifles? Too bad. You can't head shot demos from less than 3 blocks away. Why even give us the perks if you intend to make them useless? Seems like it is intentional though. Since the hitbox just magically starts working when they get close. There have been head hitbox bugs before, but none of them seemed to be range dependent before.

19 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

Seems like it is intentional though.

It's just as intentional as the chain link fences popping up 5 meters in front of your motorcycle; might even be the same feature just massively misapplied.

Keep yer cool, Cool, for at least until 21.1. Even if your avatar isn't possible just yet. :D

6 hours ago, CoolJ said:

Yea, I noticed this "bug" during my last horde night. Luckily, my desert vulture, 3 shots them to the body with rank 5 of the gunslinger perk. The whole point is to snipe them before they get to your base because they do tons of block damage with just their meat mitts. I really hope this is a bug and not intended. TFP really need to get out of this whole "design against the player" mentality kick. Spawning Zs behind you in rooms you already cleared, area triggers to break sneak. Oh you perked into sniper rifles? Too bad. You can't head shot demos from less than 3 blocks away. Why even give us the perks if you intend to make them useless? Seems like it is intentional though. Since the hitbox just magically starts working when they get close. There have been head hitbox bugs before, but none of them seemed to be range dependent before.

Yeah hopefully just a bug and not intended, thank you so much for watching the video and hope you have a great day.

6 hours ago, theFlu said:

It's just as intentional as the chain link fences popping up 5 meters in front of your motorcycle; might even be the same feature just massively misapplied.

Keep yer cool, Cool, for at least until 21.1. Even if your avatar isn't possible just yet. :D

I just want to thank you and the rest of the people for taking the time to watch a youtube video from my little channel, it means a lot.

Just now, conandodd said:

What are you serious?  I'm going to go look

I assume he meant the bug report having been moved to the Fixed-pool. Which means it's fixed in some internal version, but not (necessarily) in public yet.

As per schwanz's comment in the bug:

The shots that landed, tended to be the ones you waited the longest for the aim reticule to collapse. It also seems to jump up milliseconds before you shoot. Almost like the recoil is happening before the bullet leaves the gun. It felt like the sound was delayed after the recoil.

Edited by warmer (see edit history)