Guppy Mods - A21

Guppycur

So, any reason why I would not be seeing your zombies? I can see zombies/creatures from npc mod and its other expansions, as well as serversidezombiesPlus. Is it a requirement to have a new save to see the zombies?

It could be that they are rarer than I'd expect? but not sure. I'd expect them to be about normal spawn rates for most.

I have the latest update I saw today. I only modified the health and xp of zombies, but I wasn't seeing them before those changes either the past week.

Edited by UnNerfable (see edit history)

Thought you would be interested in seeing this @Guppycur 

image_2023-08-10_184932074.png

56 minutes ago, UnNerfable said:

So, any reason why I would not be seeing your zombies? I can see zombies/creatures from npc mod and its other expansions, as well as serversidezombiesPlus. Is it a requirement to have a new save to see the zombies?

It could be that they are rarer than I'd expect? but not sure. I'd expect them to be about normal spawn rates for most.

I have the latest update I saw today. I only modified the health and xp of zombies, but I wasn't seeing them before those changes either the past week.

its possible that there is a conflict with other mods that add new zombies, shouldn't need a new save tho

42 minutes ago, Lantian885 said:

Thought you would be interested in seeing this @Guppycur 

image_2023-08-10_184932074.png

its possible that there is a conflict with other mods that add new zombies, shouldn't need a new save tho

I thought they all sorta just append the entitygroups. Could one mod's zombie probabilities being a certain amount indirectly block other spawns?

Are we supposed to manually set our own probabilities? I thought it was ok to leave them just added into the group as it is.

5 minutes ago, UnNerfable said:

I thought they all sorta just append the entitygroups. Could one mod's zombie probabilities being a certain amount indirectly block other spawns?

its possible, I only know about the entity groups file from guppy's mod because I tweaked it so they spawned in POI's. its possible that another mod is over riding it having a higher priority and stopping guppy's from spawning. I dont know about zombie spawn probabilities and the entitygroups I sorted out only add more zombies to the default lists of what can spawn 

3 minutes ago, Lantian885 said:

its possible, I only know about the entity groups file from guppy's mod because I tweaked it so they spawned in POI's. its possible that another mod is over riding it having a higher priority and stopping guppy's from spawning. I dont know about zombie spawn probabilities and the entitygroups I sorted out only add more zombies to the default lists of what can spawn 

right, and I see that when I go over the group files. I don't get any errors on load so its nothing goofy like that. Its strange that every other creature/zombie mod I have seems to show up regularly ingame and not the guppy ones. does the none, 0.0 mean anything at the end of the groups?

Do you see them very regularly throughout the normal zombies? 

3 minutes ago, UnNerfable said:

right, and I see that when I go over the group files. I don't get any errors on load so its nothing goofy like that. Its strange that every other creature/zombie mod I have seems to show up regularly ingame and not the guppy ones. does the none, 0.0 mean anything at the end of the groups?

Do you see them very regularly throughout the normal zombies? 

I see them all the time, due to the amount of them I see more than I do the default ones, it could possibly be the over all amount you are using as guppy's add about 40 new zombies and if you have more than one or two that could do it.

guppy should hopefully know more, but it may be you have to decide what ones you want more.

1 minute ago, Lantian885 said:

I see them all the time, due to the amount of them I see more than I do the default ones, it could possibly be the over all amount you are using as guppy's add about 40 new zombies and if you have more than one or two that could do it.

guppy should hopefully know more, but it may be you have to decide what ones you want more.

I will try removing some of the strong probabilities listed in some of the others to see if I can balance it out a bit. Will try to update

3 minutes ago, UnNerfable said:

I will try removing some of the strong probabilities listed in some of the others to see if I can balance it out a bit. Will try to update

try backing up your mods file in total, then start a new creative world (so you can just test things) and try adding them one at a time till you stop seeing new zombies, that way you dont risk your main save. if you really want guppy's start with that one and go from there

45 minutes ago, Lantian885 said:

try backing up your mods file in total, then start a new creative world (so you can just test things) and try adding them one at a time till you stop seeing new zombies, that way you dont risk your main save. if you really want guppy's start with that one and go from there

I'm genuinely embarrassed lol. The issue was that the mod was unzipping to have an extra parent folder so it wasn't even running anything. haven't tested spawns but that totally has a big roll to play in the failure lmaooo.

So the paths were just messed up is my guess because of this.

27 minutes ago, UnNerfable said:

I'm genuinely embarrassed lol. The issue was that the mod was unzipping to have an extra parent folder so it wasn't even running anything. haven't tested spawns but that totally has a big roll to play in the failure lmaooo.

So the paths were just messed up is my guess because of this.

sounds like that would be the issue,  just that extra file would probably screw things up, no need to be embarrassed it’s an easy mistake to make

For MAGA, do you foresee any issues removing it from a server with play in progress, as in, issues with the save.  I am asking as players are mentioning large performance drops with the sandstorms and the dust devils suddenly becoming very loud.  These aren't things we can turn off on our end are they, I didn't see any config options in the mod.

Removing it would be bad, but editing the entitygroups to remove the sandstorms (gupSandStorm) is going to be your best bet.

If you take blocks and items out of a live game you're asking for trouble, but preventing an entity (sandstorms are entities) from spawning again is fine.

Dust devils should only be heard from 15 blocks away but I'll check again next time I'm on the laptop. 

12 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Removing it would be bad, but editing the entitygroups to remove the sandstorms (gupSandStorm) is going to be your best bet.

If you take blocks and items out of a live game you're asking for trouble, but preventing an entity (sandstorms are entities) from spawning again is fine.

Dust devils should only be heard from 15 blocks away but I'll check again next time I'm on the laptop. 

I tried both removing the entities and setting their value to 0, the storms still persisted even over some time.

The loud noise might be from the sandstorm.

There is a snake hissing sound heard every ~20 feet or so when you walk in the desert with the mod installed.

I had to remove the mod, I told all players to drop / destroy all mod-related items and move out of the desert, did desert biome chunk resets.  Seems to have worked.  Made backups of course.

Edited by Reytag (see edit history)

On 8/12/2023 at 12:07 PM, Guppycur said:

Added the Guppy Reinforcer Mod to the repo

THIS ONLY WORKS CORRECTLY IN 21.1

So a Level 1 reinforcement gun is a one shot wonder, and repair has no effect...Is this intended behavior?

2 hours ago, ktrain said:

So a Level 1 reinforcement gun is a one shot wonder, and repair has no effect...Is this intended behavior?

Nope, fixed.  Removed quality level entirely.

2 hours ago, Reytag said:

I tried both removing the entities and setting their value to 0, the storms still persisted even over some time.

The loud noise might be from the sandstorm.

There is a snake hissing sound heard every ~20 feet or so when you walk in the desert with the mod installed.

I had to remove the mod, I told all players to drop / destroy all mod-related items and move out of the desert, did desert biome chunk resets.  Seems to have worked.  Made backups of course.

Thanks for the feedback; reduced the sandstorm particles to 1/10th what they were and reduced the sandfall occurances by quite a bit.  Also removed the "old" system of using blocks to transform into sandstorms which is why you still saw them after removing them.  Now the devils and storms are all entities.