[A21] khzmusik's Modlets

khzmusik

1 hour ago, DrunkZombie said:

Never mind i figured it out.  I removed all mods except just the current score for a211 and npccore and it happens.

You're sure you got SCore from the A21.1e branch?

https://github.com/SphereII/SphereII.Mods/tree/Alpha21.1e/0-SCore

From Guppy's Discord:

21.1b14 broke the score that worked on 21.0 thru 21.1b14, so use the version linked on the branch above for b14+

(It was actually A21.1b15, not b14, but the release notes had the wrong build number. Confused me too.)

A21.1 isn't out of experimental yet, so I'd stick with A21.0 for now. Once it's out of experimental, I'm sure SphereII will merge the experimental branch to the master branch so people won't have to search for it.

2 hours ago, DrunkZombie said:

I updated to a21.1 stable and downloaded the latest score for a21.1 from the git.  The block upgrade bug is gone and the save for a21 stable seems to be compatible.  It loaded without error at least. :)

That's good to know. My own mods should be OK, but I have been testing SCore with A21.1b15 and not the build that is now stable. It works for me but I didn't know for sure that nothing had changed in the meantime.

I just released an update to my Civilians mod pack.

I did not realize this, but in order for the new weapon swapping feature to work, the entity class needs to have tags representing each weapon that it can swap to. I added those tags in this release.

Also, the bandit versions of the NPCs did not have the "bandit" tag. There are certain features that require this tag, mainly changing the damage according to biome or day/night. I added that tag to the bandit versions, so those features should also be enabled now.

The new version is 21.1.1.1. It should be safe to update into current game saves.

Repo: https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a21-modlets/-/tree/main/1-khzmusik_NPC_Civilians 

Download: https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a21-modlets/-/archive/main/7d2d-a21-modlets-main.zip?path=1-khzmusik_NPC_Civilians 

• 2 weeks later...

So, I want you all to know what is going on.

All of my enemy (or non-friendly) NPCs use the "EntityEnemySDX" class, because that can be spawned into wandering hordes, and it also accepts the NPC "commands" that can be issue by SCore pathing cubes placed in POIs. (NPC POI designers use those blocks to make ranged NPCs guard their positions, among other things.)

But it turns out that class has a lot of issues. The NPC Core team was focused on either hireable NPCs (which use a different SCore class) or NPCs that use the vanilla bandit classes (which, unsurprisingly, don't obey the commands in pathing cubes).

I've been trying to work out these issues, but it's not a trivial amount of work. So, please be patient. Once the issues are worked out, the new enemy packages (Whisperers or Rogues & Psychos) will be better than ever.

1 hour ago, khzmusik said:

So, I want you all to know what is going on.

All of my enemy (or non-friendly) NPCs use the "EntityEnemySDX" class, because that can be spawned into wandering hordes, and it also accepts the NPC "commands" that can be issue by SCore pathing cubes placed in POIs. (NPC POI designers use those blocks to make ranged NPCs guard their positions, among other things.)

But it turns out that class has a lot of issues. The NPC Core team was focused on either hireable NPCs (which use a different SCore class) or NPCs that use the vanilla bandit classes (which, unsurprisingly, don't obey the commands in pathing cubes).

I've been trying to work out these issues, but it's not a trivial amount of work. So, please be patient. Once the issues are worked out, the new enemy packages (Whisperers or Rogues & Psychos) will be better than ever.

Just wanted for you to know. I've been running your civilian and zombie pack. And everything has been great. Happy that it will get even better. Been enjoying your Score and NPCCore content 😊

7 hours ago, DrunkZombie said:

How many NPCs are supposed to be in the civilian pack?  It seems like 90% I run into are the same three with just someone different on rare occasions.

There are sixteen different characters (each wielding all the supported weapons). They're roughly the same "toughness" except for the weapon type. If you're only seeing the same couple of characters, then that's probably just bad luck with the RNG.

If you're only seeing a couple of weapon types, then that might be the scaling. You shouldn't see really tough characters (like anyone with a rocket launcher) until you enter the difficult biomes. If you're in the pine forest, you will only rarely encounter anyone with a weapon more dangerous than a machete, or maybe a pipe weapon.

EDIT: If you indeed see only a couple of characters, it would help to tell me which characters you see. The README has portraits of all of them:
https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a21-modlets/-/blob/main/1-khzmusik_NPC_Civilians/README.md?ref_type=heads

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

Could just be bad RNG, but wanted to report it. I am seeing a variety of weapons.  So Betty, Jayne, and are Gina not part of your mod?  Those are the ones I am seeing most of the time.  Perhaps they are part of the main npc mod. 

As for the ones in the link those are the ones I am seeing little of.  I have seen 2 instances of Aged Female, 1 Female Young One, 1 Female Young Two, One Male Aged Scrubs, 1Male Cowboy, 1 Male Young Two.  At least best I can tell based off of weapons and the area they were seen in.  Its possible some were new instances.  So among this group instances seem to be spread evenly.  Betty, Jayne, and Gina are dozens of instances.  I've lost count.

Edit

I'm thinking Betty, Jayne, and Gina might be part of DarksRaiderGurlzFriendly.  Forgot I had that installed as well.  So never mind,  He must just have the spawn rate much higher for them.

Edited by DrunkZombie (see edit history)

On 8/24/2023 at 12:58 PM, DrunkZombie said:

Could just be bad RNG, but wanted to report it. I am seeing a variety of weapons.  So Betty, Jayne, and are Gina not part of your mod?  Those are the ones I am seeing most of the time.  Perhaps they are part of the main npc mod. [...]

Edit

I'm thinking Betty, Jayne, and Gina might be part of DarksRaiderGurlzFriendly.  Forgot I had that installed as well.  So never mind,  He must just have the spawn rate much higher for them.

Yeah, those are by DarkstarDragon, and he set the spawn rates significantly higher than mine, so you encounter them pretty frequently. He also set all the spawn rates the same, so you have an equal chance to spawn an NPC with an M60 as an NPC with a wooden club. (If those were hostile NPCs, you'd be one-shotted before you reached the trader.) Also, for whatever reason, he didn't spawn NPCs into POI sleeper volumes - but there aren't many NPC POIs (yet) so I doubt anyone noticed that.

I think none of that is acceptable. In the past I made separate modlets for other peoples' NPC mods that adjusted them to (IMHO) sane levels. I don't want to do that any more, so I'm developing a standalone application that people can use to adjust the spawn rates automatically. Hopefully everyone (overhaul authors, NPC Pack authors, players) will be able to use that. But that is a lot of work so don't expect anything soon.

It's unfortunate, because otherwise DarkstarDragon is pretty great. He's got a lot of cool packs and is generally a good guy.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

9 hours ago, DrunkZombie said:

That would be cool. I like having the extra variety but would prefer to turn the spawn rate down.

Maybe I can put out the "Progression" modlets as a stopgap until I get the application ready. (It's more complicated since TFP changed the format that you use when specifying entities to spawn into groups.) If that's possible I will do it and let you all know.

19 hours ago, DrunkZombie said:

That would be cool. I like having the extra variety but would prefer to turn the spawn rate down.

Can you voice your opinion to the NPC Core folks directly? You can do that either in Guppy's Discord, or in the NPC Core thread here on the forums:

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/26974-a21-npcmod-and-addons/

I've raised the spawning rate issue to them a lot, and I think they believe I'm the only one that cares. Maybe if people like you voice your opinion, they won't think it's just me who sees it as a problem.

9 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

How do you code a patrol route or how does that function work? 

I think it probably doesn't work.

Some background: SCore has new blocks called "pathing cubes." In A18 (possibly earlier) players could craft them and place them around their base. They are basically signs that you could write commands on; "pc=1" would mean "pathing code 1". You can also set up tasks with them, like "task=stay".

But players haven't been able to craft them for a couple alphas. They are still used, but only in NPC POIs, and used to tell NPCs to stay in place or guard their position. They are also completely invisible to everyone except the player who created the block.

I will ask the Core folks to verify this, and if I'm right that players can't use the patrol stuff, those commands should probably be removed from the dialog options (again).

Hey @khzmusik, big fan, just thought a post an irrelevant comment here if you dont mind, what do u think of the new update that introduced some perma-death mechanics, is it a step in the proper direction towards some realistic survival mechanics like in ur manifesto? I also was wondering if we would ever have a vanilla realistic water or healing system like how u make in ur mods, to be honest I haven't been playing for long, and many new changes they make just breaks my immersion in the game, especially the skill system and now the  water one, but I still love 7d2d and was hoping that one day when they hit "gold", whatever the heck that means, we finally have an immersive "realistically plausible" survival game

TL;DR : with new update, Are the Fun Pimps finally reacting to feedback and leaning toward realistic & intuitive survival mechanics instead of grindy ones, and will the mechanic of getting clean/drinkable water in the game, ever be remade into a realistically plausible manner?

On 9/7/2023 at 9:18 PM, Jimzawy said:

Hey @khzmusik, big fan, just thought a post an irrelevant comment here if you dont mind, what do u think of the new update that introduced some perma-death mechanics, is it a step in the proper direction towards some realistic survival mechanics like in ur manifesto? I also was wondering if we would ever have a vanilla realistic water or healing system like how u make in ur mods, to be honest I haven't been playing for long, and many new changes they make just breaks my immersion in the game, especially the skill system and now the  water one, but I still love 7d2d and was hoping that one day when they hit "gold", whatever the heck that means, we finally have an immersive "realistically plausible" survival game

TL;DR : with new update, Are the Fun Pimps finally reacting to feedback and leaning toward realistic & intuitive survival mechanics instead of grindy ones, and will the mechanic of getting clean/drinkable water in the game, ever be remade into a realistically plausible manner?

I'll be honest, I didn't even notice that they released a new alpha until you mentioned it. I've been busy modding, but also I took a week off to play Sunkenland (which is great BTW).

In previous A21 alphas, I looked in the code and noticed that they introduced vanilla ways to implement permadeath. In fact I already made a GitLab ticket to take advantage of it. But I heard that the TFP implementation was not complete and/or broken, so I focused on other stuff.

But it looks like whatever issues they had were worked out. I have not had time to test all the edge cases, but after messing around briefly, the TFP implementation seems to work. There are almost certainly things that are still not done, but so far I haven't run across any.

That's good news, because it means the "permadeath" modlet is not necessary. I'll still have to update the "mostly dead" modlet. However, because the underlying "permadeath" feature is now in vanilla, I should be able to implement "mostly dead" through XML only.

I'll be honest, I didn't even notice that they released a new alpha until you mentioned it. I've been busy modding, but also I took a week off to play Sunkenland (which is great BTW).

Interesting, I also had my eye on Sunkenland, but  I was very weary about it because we get an asset flip survival game every now and then and I was afraid its was just another one, currently I am playing Vintage story which is also a very promising survival game, but now that you mentioned it, I might give Sunkenland a serious try,

I just updated another modlet to A21.

No Crafting

Removes all crafting from the game, including cooking.

This mod was inspired by the Lucky Looter series from Glock9.

Features:

• The only items the player can craft are the bedroll and land claim.
  • Removed all Basics of Survival quests except for crafting a bedroll. (After completion, players still get the skill points and Whiteriver Citizen quest.)
  • Most player-crafted workstations are removed from the game (destroyed versions are still in game). The exception is campfires, which cannot be crafted, but can be used for warmth if found in the wild.
  • Schematics, workstations, skill magazines, and parts for assembling weapons, tools, and vehicles are removed from loot containers, trader stashes, quest rewards, and Twitch actions.
  • Removed perk books that only give crafting recipes (e.g. Needle and Thread books); completion bonuses that only give recipes (e.g. stacks of ammo) now give experience buffs instead.
  • Items or mods which could only be crafted (e.g. Fireman's Helmet) are added to loot containers and trader stashes.
  • Crafting-related loading screen tips are removed.
  • Localizations are updated to remove any mention of crafting, cooking, or forging (where possible, I'm sure I missed a lot).
  • The window that displays the crafting skill magazines is removed from the UI.

There is also XML code to allow players to boil water (and/or craft campfires), but that is commented out by default. See the README if you want to enable that.

Repo: https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a21-modlets/-/tree/main/khzmusik_No_Crafting

Download: https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a21-modlets/-/archive/main/7d2d-a21-modlets-main.zip?path=khzmusik_No_Crafting 

XPath only ("server-side").

Also, I am still working on Whisperers. I am modifying the controller and AI to be a bit different from most NPCs. This takes time, so please be patient.

On 9/21/2023 at 6:51 PM, khzmusik said:

I just updated another modlet to A21.

No Crafting

Removes all crafting from the game, including cooking.

This mod was inspired by the Lucky Looter series from Glock9.

Features:

• The only items the player can craft are the bedroll and land claim.
  • Removed all Basics of Survival quests except for crafting a bedroll. (After completion, players still get the skill points and Whiteriver Citizen quest.)
  • Most player-crafted workstations are removed from the game (destroyed versions are still in game). The exception is campfires, which cannot be crafted, but can be used for warmth if found in the wild.
  • Schematics, workstations, skill magazines, and parts for assembling weapons, tools, and vehicles are removed from loot containers, trader stashes, quest rewards, and Twitch actions.
  • Removed perk books that only give crafting recipes (e.g. Needle and Thread books); completion bonuses that only give recipes (e.g. stacks of ammo) now give experience buffs instead.
  • Items or mods which could only be crafted (e.g. Fireman's Helmet) are added to loot containers and trader stashes.
  • Crafting-related loading screen tips are removed.
  • Localizations are updated to remove any mention of crafting, cooking, or forging (where possible, I'm sure I missed a lot).
  • The window that displays the crafting skill magazines is removed from the UI.

There is also XML code to allow players to boil water (and/or craft campfires), but that is commented out by default. See the README if you want to enable that.

Repo: https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a21-modlets/-/tree/main/khzmusik_No_Crafting

Download: https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a21-modlets/-/archive/main/7d2d-a21-modlets-main.zip?path=khzmusik_No_Crafting 

XPath only ("server-side").

Also, I am still working on Whisperers. I am modifying the controller and AI to be a bit different from most NPCs. This takes time, so please be patient.

Looking forward to the Whisperers. World just doesn't feel right without them. lol. Quick question about your zombies. What is the safest way to remove the stripper? She doesn't bother me, but my grandchild plays & watches some of our videos. Thanks so much for all you do!

5 hours ago, MandyCMoore said:

Looking forward to the Whisperers. World just doesn't feel right without them. lol. Quick question about your zombies. What is the safest way to remove the stripper? She doesn't bother me, but my grandchild plays & watches some of our videos. Thanks so much for all you do!

I believe there was a modlet out there that replaced the party girl/stripper with another model or more clothed variant. I can't remember the name or the modder's collection it's in. Maybe one of the others know it. I know it was a recent (for A21) one and not one of the older versions. With that you wouldn't have to take out an entire swath of mobs for your games and can just change the looks instead.

14 hours ago, MandyCMoore said:

I assume you mean my stripper zombie. If so, the easiest thing to do is to remove them from the spawn groups.

Open entitygroups.xml and comment out or remove all the XPath XML that adds "zombieFemaleStripperKhz" and their variants. It starts on line 225 and ends on line 280 (as of this writing).

That's also a good way to get rid of the "party girl" zombie, but she's in a lot more places.

Moderator note: don’t be afraid to add links. We’ll approve them as soon as we can, and the system keeps it flagged after editing them out anyway. :)

Edited by Crater Creator
Trying to avoid moderation by removing a link to xbox (see edit history)