[A21] khzmusik's Modlets

khzmusik

I found a "two mods combined bug" - since both mods are yours I consider it a "bug" or oversight... if they were from different authors it would be an "incompatibility" .... If you put both snowberry love and food spoilage in a game, the snowberries, paste, and seed scrap to Divide by Zero force bringing up the log and barfing all over the screen. the tea scraps to glass... I am thinking the best fix would be to remove the attribute scrappable so they don't even have a scrap menu option.

I did not test this with just snowberry love mod alone but the more I look at it, the more I think it is unrelated to the food spoilage mod.

Edited by Brain75 (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Hey, glad you're enjoying the mods.

I just got back from a week-long vacation with my family, so I haven't been checking the forums.

On 4/5/2024 at 7:48 PM, Brain75 said:

Since you did the food spoilage, I think you are the guy to ask for this... could you consider a new mod request. Expanded storage for vehicles - not over the top ridiculos like adding C130 cargo storage to a bicycle, but realistic like adding a saddle bags to bicycle/minibike/motorcycle and ...... here's the big one.... also Coolers - little strap on coolers to bicycle, etc... One guy has already modeled the cooler into a vehicle - the flat bottom boat, be nice if your spoilage mod made that appropriately preservative.

I'm actually not sure I'm a good person to ask about vehicles. I haven't really worked with them all that much.

I looked into it briefly, and it would take a lot of research just to figure out if it's feasible. If it's possible to actually swap out a vehicle's container, then it might be possible to make a mod that swaps it out to a bigger container which has a higher "preserve" value. But so far I don't think that's possible. So, no promises.

On 4/6/2024 at 8:39 PM, Brain75 said:

also I think yo missed something in the food spoilage for SnoBalls and Twinkies... I see you removed the property Spoilable, but they still spoil. (since they inherit from cornbread??) - I managed to get them to not spoil in my own tweak just thinking you wanted to check yours.

My mod has neither SnoBalls nor Twinkies. (It does have "preserved pies" which are supposed to be like Drake's or Hostess fruit pies.) Those probably come from another mod.

The way I add food spoilage tags is by the item's name in the XML. It should start with "food" or "resourceCrop" and not contain "Can", "Schematic", or "Magazine". If the other mod doesn't follow this convention, then you'll need to make a compatibility modlet.

Another possibility is that the other mod loads after mine (mods load in alphabetical order). If that's the case, then you could rename my mod folder with a "z_" prefix to make it load later.

7 hours ago, Brain75 said:

I found a "two mods combined bug" - since both mods are yours I consider it a "bug" or oversight... if they were from different authors it would be an "incompatibility" .... If you put both snowberry love and food spoilage in a game, the snowberries, paste, and seed scrap to Divide by Zero force bringing up the log and barfing all over the screen. the tea scraps to glass... I am thinking the best fix would be to remove the attribute scrappable so they don't even have a scrap menu option.

I did not test this with just snowberry love mod alone but the more I look at it, the more I think it is unrelated to the food spoilage mod.

That's very odd. None of them have a "scrappable" attribute, and the ones that have materials, have the same materials as their vanilla counterparts. I will investigate.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 12:56 PM, Brain75 said:

I just double checked. With both Food Spoilage and Snowberry Love mods installed, seeds, paste, and drinks do not scrap at all. I also double-checked what items they spoiled to (for those items that spoil), and they spoil to vanilla items, so there should be no issues.

Thanks for the prompt check - I am running ravenhearst + snow berry love, so guessing it is some other add or remove or or that causes the issue, I've hunted and can't find it - in fact there is not one single reference to snowberry I can find outside of biome frequency and your modlets. The more I dig into snowberry I wish it was a little more like real life - +1 food, -1 health, 1% chance of dysentery. As it stands it is not farm-able within ravenhearst because it does not have a lot of properties that it needs to make it work with Ravenhearst's extended farming modlet that too is a bit of a "I wish" item :).

On 12/28/2023 at 11:24 PM, khzmusik said:

New mod:

Trader Routes: Biome Progression

This mod changes the "Opening Trade Routes" quests, so they progress through the biomes as the tier changes.

XPath only ("server-side").

Here is where the Opening Trade Routes quests send you:

• Tier 2: Any biome except the Wasteland (unchanged from vanilla)

• Tier 3: Any biome except the Pine Forest or the Wasteland

• Tier 4: Any biome except the Pine Forest

• Tier 5: Snow or Wasteland biomes only (technically, any biome except the Burnt Forest, Desert, or Pine Forest)

Repo: https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a21-modlets/-/tree/main/khzmusik_Trade_Routes_Biome_Progression 

Download: https://gitlab.com/karlgiesing/7d2d-a21-modlets/-/archive/main/7d2d-a21-modlets-main.zip?path=khzmusik_Trade_Routes_Biome_Progression 

We're very interested in trying your Biome Progression mod. One question.

To make the final trader be in the wasteland we will enable that last section of xml. Should we then disable the preceding section also dealing with tier5_nexttrader ?

TIA

Max Headroom

Edited by Max Headroom (see edit history)

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

We're very interested in trying your Biome Progression mod. One question.

To make the final trader be in the wasteland we will enable that last section of xml. Should we then disable the preceding section also dealing with tier5_nexttrader ?

TIA

Max Headroom

No, you shouldn't remove the existing tier5_nexttrader code. That code appends the "biome_filter" variable, which is needed.

The commented-out code includes this:

<set xpath="/quests/quest[@id='tier5_nexttrader']/variable[@name='biome_filter']/@value">wasteland</set>

That will change the value of the "biome_filter" variable to "wasteland".

An alternative is to replace the existing tier5_nexttrader code with this:

<append xpath="/quests/quest[@id='tier5_nexttrader']">
    <variable name="biome_filter_type" value="OnlyBiome" />
    <variable name="biome_filter" value="wasteland" />
</append>

But, I figured that it would be easier for people to just remove comments.