Sam's Stuff - A21 Compatible

saminal

Hi, Sam.

First off, your Storage Stuff, and Working Stuff (especially without sinks) have greatly improved my and my player's lives in game.

Now, with the requisite pleasantries out of the way, I have a request for an addition to your Storage Stuff mod... Trash containers and barrels. We'd love it if we could craft the various trash containers in the game (small bins, medium bins, wheely bins, and maybe even dumpsters), and the various barrels found in game for even more dialectic storage options for our bases. I think it would make a good expansion for the Sam's Storage Stuff mod, or even a stand alone (Sam's Storage ++?) mods of it's own.

Thank you for all the hard work you do for us.

Thanks to @DarkAoRaidenX for pointing out a major issue with the Empty Nesting mod that was rendering it useless. I've fixed my error PLUS I've updated it to replace the Bird's Nest with grass when it's emptied, so there's nobody breaking birds nests for feathers and you don't spend half your time running up to nests only to find out they're empty.

Edited by saminal (see edit history)

On 9/4/2023 at 12:56 AM, saminal said:

Thanks to @DarkAoRaidenX for pointing out a major issue with the Empty Nesting mod that was rendering it useless. I've fixed my error PLUS I've updated it to replace the Bird's Nest with grass when it's emptied, so there's nobody breaking birds nests for feathers and you don't spend half your time running up to nests only to find out they're empty.

the grass idea is actually pretty cool!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Sam

Just wondering how your filter sinks work?

I tried to put it in my house and the water thing is blue when I open it the first time (right after installing it) and then red after that.  Do they need to be opened to the sky like Dew collectors?

Or is the mod bugged on my friend's server.

Unfortunately because they reuse the Dew Collector class, they do need to have 9 blocks of air above them. They don't check all the way to the sky, but they do check a way up.

What I've found people do on my server is to put them inside the ceiling of their bases, so they can access the sink from underneath!

2 hours ago, saminal said:

Unfortunately because they reuse the Dew Collector class, they do need to have 9 blocks of air above them. They don't check all the way to the sky, but they do check a way up.

What I've found people do on my server is to put them inside the ceiling of their bases, so they can access the sink from underneath!

thanks!  

• 1 month later...

I used to use the Deco Stuff mod a while back and I may be mistaken but didn't things like the tool chest and tool box used to work like storage containers you could use?
I installed the mod yesterday and when I place the items they no longer work as a functional container but rather like a locked container. Once you break the "lock" by smashing it or breaking it down it just changes to a static asset with no inventory.
I tested the Purse item and that works as expected but the Tool stuff doesn't.
Am I missing something or am I confusing this with a separate mod?

6 hours ago, OMG-Vert said:

I used to use the Deco Stuff mod a while back and I may be mistaken but didn't things like the tool chest and tool box used to work like storage containers you could use?
I installed the mod yesterday and when I place the items they no longer work as a functional container but rather like a locked container. Once you break the "lock" by smashing it or breaking it down it just changes to a static asset with no inventory.
I tested the Purse item and that works as expected but the Tool stuff doesn't.
Am I missing something or am I confusing this with a separate mod?

Due to the way the containers in a21 downgrade when they are emptied, Deco Stuff isn't recommended for storage. I have another mod, Storage Stuff, where the boxes are lockable and codable and don't downgrade when you take things out of them.

1 hour ago, saminal said:

Due to the way the containers in a21 downgrade when they are emptied, Deco Stuff isn't recommended for storage. I have another mod, Storage Stuff, where the boxes are lockable and codable and don't downgrade when you take things out of them.

Yeah, I saw that. Just installed it. I was really hoping for the toolbox but maybe that just not possible anymore?
Anyway, thanks for the mods. Aside from some outdated ones yours were always the go-to mods for my servers. 😃

Cheers.

Just now, OMG-Vert said:

Yeah, I saw that. Just installed it. I was really hoping for the toolbox but maybe that just not possible anymore?
Anyway, thanks for the mods. Aside from some outdated ones yours were always the go-to mods for my servers. 😃

Cheers.

I'll check in the toolbox for you, I thought I put it in there. If not I'll add it and let you know.

On 11/25/2023 at 9:06 PM, saminal said:

It's more likely that I missed it :)

Yeah, I'm not seeing it.
If it is in-fact possible to add them I would kindly request the Tool Chest, the Tool Box, and the red/white Barrel.
these were my go-to containers for tools and fuel.

Thanks again. Great mods even if FunPimps broke some stuff. =P

Edited by OMG-Vert (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi saminal, thank you for the great quality of life mods.

I am currently getting this error with Sam's Working Stuff

2024-03-13T19:36:57 295.921 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Sams_Working_Stuff" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/crafting_skills/crafting_skill[@name='craftingWorkstations']/display_entry[@unlock_level='30']/unlock_entry/@item"  (line 26 at pos 6)

2 hours ago, RippedWarrior said:

Hi saminal, thank you for the great quality of life mods.

I am currently getting this error with Sam's Working Stuff

2024-03-13T19:36:57 295.921 WRN XML patch for "progression.xml" from mod "Sams_Working_Stuff" did not apply: <append xpath="/progression/crafting_skills/crafting_skill[@name='craftingWorkstations']/display_entry[@unlock_level='30']/unlock_entry/@item"  (line 26 at pos 6)

You got any other mods being loaded that affect the crafting aspect of the game?  It loaded fine on my end.

• 4 weeks later...