Sam's Stuff - A21 Compatible

saminal

Hey all, I'm just getting started updating my mods for Alpha 21! I've got a lot to get through, a family that keeps me busy, plus a full time job, so it'll be a work in progress over the next few weeks. I'll update the thread as I update the modlets!

All my mods are server-side friendly and designed to tweak the game or provide little extras without changing the meta of the current alpha.

Sam's Building Stuff - Updated 02/08/23

Download

Adds Wood Bars > Iron Bars > Steel Bars.

Adds a Steel version of the Iron Spikes - more durability and more damage

Adds Shape blocks and recipes for most of the new doors available in A21. Commercial Doors, Elevator Doors, Jail Bars and Doors, Closet Doors - they're all in there.

NEW - Adds powered versions of the Chain Link Fence Doors, Jail Door, Bulletproof Sliding Door, Trailer Doors and Steel Shutters!
NEW - Adds climbable rope which can be used in place of ladders.

Sam's Deco Stuff - Updated 24/07/23

Download

Adds crafting recipes for a number of decorative blocks. For people who like to play creative mode, but who still want to put in the hard work to gather resources and craft items themselves.

Most of the items are available through shapes menus. Some are directly craftable. Includes burning embers, firewood and a wood burning stove.

NEW - added several newer blocks to the item variants, such as the Bear Statue, IV stand, Microphones. Added deco versions of containers that aren't used for storage, and therefore don't get destroyed when they are interacted with.

Sam's Storage Stuff

Download

Adds lockable storage containers - desks, lockers, fridges, cupboards and cabinets etc. These can be locked in the same way that chests and boxes can, with a passcode for sharing with other players. If they are broken, they become unlocked and unlockable - they need to be destroyed and replaced to make them lockable again.

Search 'storage' in the crafting menu to find these containers.

Sam's Working Stuff

Download

Download - No Sinks

One of my most popular mods. I've tweaked it a little to fit into A21.

Added: Working Wall Oven, Working Stove, Working Gas Grill, Working Charcoal Grill.

These work the same as the campfire, but with lower heat map values. Unlocked at various stages of Home Cooking magazine reading.

Added: Working Kitchen Sink, Working Filter Sink

These work like the Dew Collector, but much faster. The Kitchen Sink doesn't require water filters to build, and outputs Murky Water. The Filter Sink uses two filters to craft, but outputs clean water. The slots are filled one every 10 in-game minutes.

Added: Working Lamps and Lights

A shape block that allows a variety of working version of usually POI-only lights. There are some other blocks which have been introduced in A21 that aren't included yet - I'll get these in soon.

Sam's Sustainable Forestry

Download

One for the public servers out there. Almost completely removes tree seeds from the game, instead causing trees to respawn on their own after being cut down (after a few days). There's a small chance to get a tree seed but it will grow a random tree rather than planting 30 oak seeds and getting 30 identical oak trees.

Sam's Car and Truck Respawner

Download

Cars, trucks, busses and other vehicles leave behind a respawner block after wrenching. After a delay, the vehicle will respawn. This uses appropriate groups of vehicles, so an army truck will respawn into an army truck, while a Mo Power truck might respawn as a Working Stiff truck or an Ambulance.

Updated 24/07 - German localization thanks to @LootGoblin

Sam's Empty Nesting

Download

After looting, birds nests downgrade to an empty nest, which will respawn into a lootable nest after a few days. Handy for public servers where new players won't be able to find a feather within 500km of a spawnpoint.

Sam's Karmah Remains

Download

Players leave behind a corpse block after death. Great for long-running horde bases!

Sam's Long Loot Bags

Download

Real quick modlet that doubles the length of time loot bags stay in the world before despawning. Useful for horde nights.

Sam's Stack Tweaks
Download

Real quick modlet that increases several stack sizes for common items. Not one of those "30000 of everything" mods.

Sam's No Admin Items

Download - https://minhaskamal.github.io/DownGit/#/home?url=https://github.com/saminal1/samsmods-a21/tree/main/SNoAdminItems

Quick modlet to remove all the admin/dev items, in order to prevent them falling into the wrong hands.

Edited by saminal
More stuff added (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, 1211656594 said:

Sam's Stack Tweaks
it not working...?

I'm going to need more detail.

Is it not loading the mod, giving you an error, or does it look like it's loaded the mod but the stacks are still at vanilla values?

Have you got any other mods loaded?

Is this a dedicated server or just single-player?

12 hours ago, DanielHazmat said:

Hi Sami. 
can you make aditional modlet 
respawn boulders ? 
Thank you !

Edit. 
And Respawn Trees ?

I'm not looking at doing respawning boulders right now, it's not something I'd use on my own servers and I need to prioritise those mods first. The new region reset stuff built into the game should take care of this sort of thing though.

Respawning trees - that's the Sustainable Forestry mod, which is right there in that first post.

Would love to see your Steel Electric Fence Post modlet updated. :D

Hate playing without it, as the vanilla fence posts are too dang flimsy, lol! Was going to pop it in my A21 game and see if it works, but it unlock with skills, instead of with the new book system, so was unsure if that would really muck things up, so I didn't.

So I DL'd about half a dozen of these for my Ping Perfect server, and none of them will upload for me for some reason, I'm adding them the same way I added KHA21 mods yesterday but they keep failing :(

EDIT: I contacted Ping Perfect and later in the day the issue seemed to be fixed, and I was able to upload everything :D

Screenshot 2023-06-14 122012.jpg

Edited by Jumper
It was a Ping Perfect issue apparently (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Zeinath said:

Would love to see your Steel Electric Fence Post modlet updated. :D

Hate playing without it, as the vanilla fence posts are too dang flimsy, lol! Was going to pop it in my A21 game and see if it works, but it unlock with skills, instead of with the new book system, so was unsure if that would really muck things up, so I didn't.

Yeah, that one's on the to-do list. I had the same thought, rather than just unlocking it with the regular fence post schematic to make it a later unlock in the electrical traps crafting skill. I'll get there this weekend hopefully :) 

5 hours ago, Jumper said:

So I DL'd about half a dozen of these for my Ping Perfect server, and none of them will upload for me for some reason, I'm adding them the same way I added KHA21 mods yesterday but they keep failing :(

Does PingPerfect support FTP access? I always find it's easier uploading and updating mods via FTP than through the browser.

Update!

I've added in the minivans, SUVs, fire trucks, and police cars. I think that's everything now. If you find anything remaining that doesn't respawn please let me know.

Fix!

I've fixed a problem with the assets used for the Saplings (the seed replacements). Overlooked in my initial compatibility update; now up to date with the new asset references A21 uses.

Available if anyone wants it, let me know!
Respawning Birds Nests

I've written a very small modlet into my main server mod which will respawn birds nests after a delay, rather than having them disappear for good. I'll make it into its own mod if people would like that.

28 minutes ago, TopAce6 said:

respawning birds nest is must ahve for a server please do so.

i assume most of these mods work well on a dedicated server right? save game compatible?

They're all designed for dedicated server, server-side only 👍 almost everything is tested on an ongoing save too. I've been pleasantly surprised that even the Car Respawner seems to work fine loaded onto an existing save. The only thing I'd be cautious about is the modlets that touch progression or quests, but I haven't really done any of those in A21 yet. I'll try to remember to flag those as such when I publish them.

Is there anything else you think would be beneficial to have respawning? I might make it a Respawning Stuff mod rather than a Respawning Birds Nests one if there are any other suggestions.

birds nest and cars are the 2 big offenders on servers, i cant really think of anything else ATM that id need to have respawn.
question with the vehicle respawn, some cars i don't want to respawn to keep some roads clear, can the respawner block be broken if i choose to do so?

3 minutes ago, TopAce6 said:

birds nest and cars are the 2 big offenders on servers, i cant really think of anything else ATM that id need to have respawn.
question with the vehicle respawn, some cars i don't want to respawn to keep some roads clear, can the respawner block be broken if i choose to do so?

yes it can. watch this space for Birds Nest Respawning.

1 hour ago, Jumper said:

If I remember right, you also had a mod that gave us working gadgets like ovens and sinks. Is this going to be in the works soon as well?

You remember right. I hope I'll be able to do something similar in A21, but the changes to the campfire and the introduction of the dew collector have raised some questions. I'd like to make a working sink that works similarly to the dew collector, if I can make that work without code. The other question is how to unlock the added stuff within the new crafting skill mechanic.

Edited by saminal (see edit history)

11 hours ago, TopAce6 said:

5 hours ago, wolverine576 said:

Respawning Nests and working sinks, and tillable land for planting crops, i hate farm plots 😀

Also give back empty jar when drinking.

Didnt see a link for nest respawning, but saw one in your samsmods-a21-main download for SEmptyNesting

I've added the link for Sam's Empty Nesting now - hadn't tested it properly last night but it works just fine, hooray!

I don't want to go back to empty jars at this point. If I play more and think of a decent argument for putting them back in I might, but at the moment I think it's fine the way it is. We'll just have working sinks that output murky water, and fancier ones that output clean water but need a few water filters to build, something like that.

I do have a 'terrain' farm plot block that can be placed like soil, I'll separate that out if I end up making another farming mod of some description. I haven't even tried farming yet in A21, need to get a feel for how it works before I decide whether I change anything about it.

43 minutes ago, Mahnogard said:

Every time we go in on a new experimental, I have a chance to clean house and learn which mods I really, really don't want to play without. Apparently, my core gameplay relies on deco and storage. 😁Thanks for the updates!

Lovely to hear! Thank you so much for letting me know :)

On 6/15/2023 at 12:43 PM, saminal said:

Is there anything else you think would be beneficial to have respawning? I might make it a Respawning Stuff mod rather than a Respawning Birds Nests one if there are any other suggestions.

A respawn mod for all the stuff that disappears would be great, not just the bird nests.

5 hours ago, Blackmadman said:

A respawn mod for all the stuff that disappears would be great, not just the bird nests.

I can do you a quick mod that just stops everything being destroyed when it's empty, if that's good enough?

Done: https://minhaskamal.github.io/DownGit/#/home?url=https://github.com/saminal1/samsmods-a21/tree/main/SPersistentTrash

It's a very blanket change, so it affects food piles and backpacks and everything.

Edited by saminal (see edit history)

On 6/15/2023 at 12:18 AM, saminal said:

Update!

I've added in the minivans, SUVs, fire trucks, and police cars. I think that's everything now. If you find anything remaining that doesn't respawn please let me know.

Fix!

I've fixed a problem with the assets used for the Saplings (the seed replacements). Overlooked in my initial compatibility update; now up to date with the new asset references A21 uses.

Available if anyone wants it, let me know!
Respawning Birds Nests

I've written a very small modlet into my main server mod which will respawn birds nests after a delay, rather than having them disappear for good. I'll make it into its own mod if people would like that.

Fyi, Sedan's don't appear to be leaving the little repsawn plants. Thought it was a one off, but had a blue, white, and red each not leave one. All others seem to be leaving the respawn plants without issue.

Also, I'm kind of surprised about all the people asking for birds nest and trash bag respawn mods... considering there's a chunk reset setting in vanilla now that literally respawns everything, even destroyed buildings when the player hasn't been around for X amount of time.

Edited by Zeinath (see edit history)

35 minutes ago, Zeinath said:

Fyi, Sedan's don't appear to be leaving the little repsawn plants. Thought it was a one off, but had a blue, white, and red each not leave one. All others seem to be leaving the respawn plants without issue.

Also, I'm kind of surprised about all the people asking for birds nest and trash bag respawn mods... considering there's a chunk reset setting in vanilla now that literally respawns everything, even destroyed buildings when the player hasn't been around for X amount of time.

I'll check out the sedan thing tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.

Re: the birds nests - on public servers, the birds nests around the spawnpoints will be taken and never come back, as the spawnpoints will always have people around within the last X amount of time. New players will join the server and have a 2km walk to find a feather for their starter quests.