New YouTube Policy and 7 Days to Die

Gamida

There's now lawyers drafting legal documents (I've heard of at least letters and contracts) using chat AIs ... just wait a couple years for the courts to catch up. Judgements-by-AI. You'll be in jail never having met a human; unless you resist, of course, then the flesh-bots show up bashing down your door.

Skynet is coming a bit backwards, but just as effective... :)

25 minutes ago, Roland said:

Soon AIs will use predictive algorithms to judge people before the crime is committed and Tom Cruise will have to sprint somewhere to save us all...

Yeah, but they weren't AI, they were just psychic.  😁

It is funny seeing how badly captions can mess up.  Sometimes the incorrect captions are more fun to watch than the video itself.  I rarely watch anything on YouTube, so not sure how bad their captions are, but Twitch has some really bad captions at times.

41 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, but they weren't AI, they were just psychic.  😁

It is funny seeing how badly captions can mess up.  Sometimes the incorrect captions are more fun to watch than the video itself.  I rarely watch anything on YouTube, so not sure how bad their captions are, but Twitch has some really bad captions at times.

Isn't that all AI is though? It predicts things based on patterns. I guess a "psychic" is revealing things that will happen without outside knowledge, but seeing as how psychics aren't real (yeah, I said it) AI is about as close as it gets.

@Roland you joke, but it would NOT surprise me to see groups wanting to use AI to try and predict criminal behavior. It is not out of the realm of possibility.

1 hour ago, Syphon583 said:

@Roland you joke, but it would NOT surprise me to see groups wanting to use AI to try and predict criminal behavior. It is not out of the realm of possibility.

I just know how the AI changes the traffic lights to red predicting my imminent arrival and trying to entrap me into breaking the law...

49 minutes ago, Roland said:

I just know how the AI changes the traffic lights to red predicting my imminent arrival and trying to entrap me into breaking the law...

It does seem like they do that in places, doesn't it? Lol!  I do enjoy driving in certain places where they do a good job keeping traffic moving, where the lights all align so as long as you are at the speed limit, you can go a really long way without having to stop if you are on the main drag.  Those places are few are far between, though.

19 hours ago, Roland said:

Soon AIs will use predictive algorithms to judge people before the crime is committed and Tom Cruise will have to sprint somewhere to save us all...

Wait? Are you secretly trying to tell us that Crater Creator is an AI and that he took over your SM job by force and is judging us all and going to soon ban us all so he can have complete control of 7 Days?

If this is true don't blink for one hour so we know you are not a hostage.

On 1/20/2023 at 10:14 AM, Vedui said:

What I find more weird though is that "all" swearing/curse words are seen as equally bad. "@%$#" and "crap" is now a curse, which I personally would not consider it.  The worrying bit is that they'll expand the vocabulary of "cursing" even more, making it very hard to actually describe something "This game runs like @%$#" caused demonetization ... so you'd be saying "This games runs sub-optimal below the acceptable range" or something else, which is dumb.

But that's YT! :D

I think the community would be better served if the people at YT would watch some George Carlin standup.  But then, they would need a sense of humor too.  😕

49 minutes ago, nitnoid said:

I think the community would be better served if the people at YT would watch some George Carlin standup.  But then, they would need a sense of humor too.  😕

The recent tech layoffs give me some hope for a sensible restructuring, but it would indeed require some interview-activies like watching some good old Carlin, and trying to come up with reasons why the jokes are bad. The one with the least number of complaints getting the job, of course ... :)

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2023 at 4:41 PM, Roland said:

Already happens.

https://daily.jstor.org/what-happens-when-police-use-ai-to-predict-and-prevent-crime/

(Sorry for the necro post, was searching for Glock9 on the forums and it brought me here. :) )

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)