7 Days to Die - Rings of Potential - A21

Bladestorm Games

I'm running a Darkness Falls server for me and some friends and when I boot the server I get this error:

"89.348 WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "BSG Rings" did not apply:"

As has been mentioned previously, it probably has to do with one of the previous mods forcing their version of the loot.xml file to override the one provided by BSG. Does anyone know of a way for me to work around this or copy the code from this mod into whichever mod has priority?

What's odd is that earlier on in the server I never saw this error and was able to find a couple of rings, but now we're past day 30 and I've added a few mods and taken some out and now I get the error above.

Is there a way to prioritize this mod to load before others?

6 hours ago, Tothar said:

I'm running a Darkness Falls server for me and some friends and when I boot the server I get this error:

"89.348 WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "BSG Rings" did not apply:"

As has been mentioned previously, it probably has to do with one of the previous mods forcing their version of the loot.xml file to override the one provided by BSG. Does anyone know of a way for me to work around this or copy the code from this mod into whichever mod has priority?

What's odd is that earlier on in the server I never saw this error and was able to find a couple of rings, but now we're past day 30 and I've added a few mods and taken some out and now I get the error above.

Is there a way to prioritize this mod to load before others?

I believe the mod load order is still based on the folder names on the mods in the "Mods" folder. The "sort order" is basically alphabetical, with numbers being before letters. Im not sure about the sort order of uppercase vs lowercase, but you can usually see how the sort order by viewing the files on a file explorer UI. Usually to get a mod to load "first" you can rename the mod folder to have a number in front of it like "1", and to get it to load last you can put a "z" in front of it. 

Example: in /Mods

aMod

bMod

aMod loads first. to get bMod to load first, rename it to anything "before the letter "a", which the easiest to choose would be to rename it to "1aMod"

note that some mods that are already named with numbers in the front (like the NPc packs and supporting mods) likely do need to load "first" so of you have any, just make the number in front of the mod name bigger than their numbers, like "9aMod"

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

17 hours ago, doughphunghus said:

I believe the mod load order is still based on the folder names on the mods in the "Mods" folder. The "sort order" is basically alphabetical, with numbers being before letters. Im not sure about the sort order of uppercase vs lowercase, but you can usually see how the sort order by viewing the files on a file explorer UI. Usually to get a mod to load "first" you can rename the mod folder to have a number in front of it like "1", and to get it to load last you can put a "z" in front of it. 

Example: in /Mods

aMod

bMod

aMod loads first. to get bMod to load first, rename it to anything "before the letter "a", which the easiest to choose would be to rename it to "1aMod"

note that some mods that are already named with numbers in the front (like the NPc packs and supporting mods) likely do need to load "first" so of you have any, just make the number in front of the mod name bigger than their numbers, like "9aMod"

Thanks for the info, I went ahead and renamed the files so that this mod loads first thing after Darkness Falls and I'm still getting the same warning saying that it didn't apply. My best guess is that it was a fluke that I was able to loot a ring in the first place. Anybody have any clue how to make it function with DF? Do I just need to copy and paste the text from this loot.xml into one from DF?

9 hours ago, Tothar said:

Thanks for the info, I went ahead and renamed the files so that this mod loads first thing after Darkness Falls and I'm still getting the same warning saying that it didn't apply. My best guess is that it was a fluke that I was able to loot a ring in the first place. Anybody have any clue how to make it function with DF? Do I just need to copy and paste the text from this loot.xml into one from DF?

Can you PM me the DF loot.xml ?
I can take a look at it and see if I can make a DF compatible loot.xml with my mod.

One thing to note:  Khaine replaces the entire file, he doesn't simply append his items onto it (he did talked about one point of changing his code to make it more friendly to other mods, but not sure if he did it yet or decided not to go that route).

He changed the loot groups in the container which is why you are not seeing the rings being added.   So even changing the order, this mod is adding the rings group to groupSmallSafeLoot, but DF is pointing to groupSafeLoot which is a new group created by Khaine.

vanilla

<lootcontainer id="6" name="smallSafes" size="8,5" sound_open="UseActions/open_safe" sound_close="UseActions/close_safe" open_time="1" loot_quality_template="qualPlus1Template">
    <item group="groupSmallSafeLoot"/>
</lootcontainer>

DF

<lootcontainer name="smallSafes" count="1,3" size="8,5" sound_open="UseActions/open_safe" sound_close="UseActions/close_safe" open_time="1" loot_quality_template="qualPlus1Template" buff="buffScavengingServerHack,buffScavengingSkillXPTick">
            <item group="groupSafeLoot"/>
            <item name="oldCash" count="100,500"/>
        </lootcontainer>

Note:  This is an older version of DF I am referencing to (at work) so there might be changes since then, but this should help you to make a patch to work with DF.

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like they removed or changed one of the loot groups in A21, as well as change LootGameStage to LootStage.  If you go into the Config/loot.xml and remove this line:

<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupBuriedLootStashTreasure']">
        <item group="groupRelics" />
    </append>

Alternatively you could replace it with the below and that would maintain the code, but just have it ignored.

<!--<append xpath="//lootgroup[@name='groupBuriedLootStashTreasure']">
        <item group="groupRelics" />
    </append>-->

As well as go to the Config/item_modifiers.xml and change all instances of this:

LootGameStage

to this:

LootStage

That allows the mod to run, though I don't know how well it works at this point.  I hope this isn't a problem Bladestorm, just trying to help.

18 minutes ago, Skullfracture said:

Changing the instances of LootGameStage to LootStage in ui_display.xml may fix the display problem. Have not tested it myself.

That appears to have done it.  I should have known, haven't modded 7 days properly in quite a while, though.  Thanks.

Just wanting to give a bug report. If you could please make the Ring Of Amplification make pills not reduce your water every minute or so, that'd be wonderful.

The thing is, your Ring of Amplification seems to work by repeatedly using the food item. That'd be fine, in fact, I love it! However, it makes things like Steroids, Painkillers, and any medical drug that reduces water to essentially drain your water over and over and over. The best way to fix this would be to keep the current effect and everything with the ring the same, but adding an effect similar to the Water Purifier removing negative effects from Murky Water, but add it for all drugs/pills/meds so that the negative to water isn't counted.

In line 317 of Localization.txt the string 

modRingStorageT4,item_modifiers,Mod,,,"Ring of Storage"

is missing. I also would suggest changing the translated text to something like "Ring of Storage T4" respectively to the tier of the item for all entries.

STATUS
Hey everyone, I am currently very busy IRL and with other projects. I havent had the time to update & fix bugs.
Thank you to those who have posted bug reports, and solutions.
I hope to have time within the next 2 weeks to make a proper update to the Rigs mod, and Relics mod.
(Sorry about the issues with the rushed A21 mod update!)

I have updated the main post to include my current status.

Edited by Bladestorm Games (see edit history)

• Bladestorm Games changed the title to 7 Days to Die - Rings of Potential - A21

Updated the mod for A21.

Has Fixes.

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MJiet3r0VKIzQl30aCu3GA1Gk7c6JUCR/view?usp=sharing

Update Log:

✔ Added new ring: Ring of Angler
✔ 2 Changes for Ring of Amplification:
    1) Buff duration should be more proper.
    2) Kind of counters the negative water cost of drugs. Still testing this.
✔ 2 Fixes for Ring of Venom:
    1) The T3 Ring no longer applies poison to your self (This effect was code for testing the ring).
    2) Now checks for if the target is a Zombie or Animal to prevent accidental application to friendly targets.
✔ Changed the code for Ring of Gold and Ring of Laborlove (Quantity).
✔ Fixed Ring of Greed's Lockpick Time stat, should now be working.
✔ Slight nerf to Ring of Greed's Lockpick Time stat:
    Before: 20%/30%/40% 
    Now: 20%/25%/30%
✔ Fixed Ring of Reborn's CD to be the intended value.
✔ Fixed Config naming issue (should help the Linux/Unix users).
✔ Fixed missing info for Ring of Storage in localization.txt (now the tooltip should display their name)

Issues:

1) Ignite / Bleed / DoT kills seem to have some issue where those kills dont give XP.

2) If Lockpick Timer is at or more than -100%, the timer stays at 0 and wont unlock an object.

3) De-equip your armor, apply desired mods, then re-equip armor. (Buffs granted from mods may fall off if adding / removing mods while an item is equipped)

4) If using archery and you get negative magazine value and are stuck in an animation, swap to a melee weapon, use a Power Attack, and swap back to archery and reload.

5) Never log out with negative magazine value. It may cause issues.

End Notes:

Thx to those who posted bug reports and helped out!

10 minutes ago, Sydd said:

Hi, newest version release (1.0) is causing Ring of Venom to deal damage to the player. The previous version (1.2) gives the icon that I'm affected by poison but it does no damage.

Thx for the bug report.
I've updated the mod, should be fixed now (same download link).

I cant able to find any rings on both my personal game and our dedicated server. 

Before the official update i edited the a20 version to work with a21 and this version worked fine, i able to find rings even in normal loot. But i cant find any rings on this latest update. Is it related to gamestage or only they are findable in high quality chest, loots ?

5 hours ago, Paixetamour said:

I cant able to find any rings on both my personal game and our dedicated server. 

Before the official update i edited the a20 version to work with a21 and this version worked fine, i able to find rings even in normal loot. But i cant find any rings on this latest update. Is it related to gamestage or only they are findable in high quality chest, loots ?

Thanks for the issue report. Looks like loot was somewhat broken. Should be fixed now. (Download link remains the same)

Lootable from:

Gun Safe Small, Gun Safe Large, Reinforced Chest, Hardened Chest Small, Hardened Chest Large, Z bags, Buried Treasure Chests

Buffed the chance for those containers to spawn rings.