(A20) Oakraven Forest Collection

arramus

A small update for the Rock Drill Mod.

Reduced bundle size to 1 and increased the economic value.

The initial release required selling 5 at the same time with a terribly low base size. It extends from growing plants and used their values.

It is set to a more appropriate value from a base price of 12 for a bundle of 5.

20220725001656_1.thumb.jpg.dd1ea964b14c591676824dfb49c78291.jpg

To 1000 per unit which players can further increase/decrease.

20220725020006_1.thumb.jpg.227d08e4530de3a574050fe9ea6eccfb.jpg

On 7/23/2022 at 3:27 PM, arramus said:

On some occasions it has been possible to allow the Oakraven mods to load after the SMXUI by renaming it to something like 0-SMXUI so it loads first (numerical and alphabetical load order) and doesn't overwrite things that load after it. Best to test it on a copy save/load out if you do try it to ensure it doesn't cause any issues.

Sweet, It worked! Thank you very much for the tip. 😉

58 minutes ago, magejosh said:

Fantastic work as always Oakraven and Arramus!

I'd like to use a couple of these in Trapped in Purgatory Overhaul if that's okay with you. Full credits and links back here will be provided. 

You are always very welcome to use them for Trapped in Purgatory Overhaul as they are or amended to fit in with the theme.

The Cooking Stations Mod has been updated and pushed to Moddb for download.

There have been minimal cosmetic changes, but the primary change is optimisation its impact on file size.

Moddb registered the previous version as about 140mb and this has now reduced to about 90mb. This is very beneficial for Modpacks, overhauls, and community servers where file size can be a critical factor.

20220727174227_1.thumb.jpg.18da64866108781b7f3c45f4b9b3efff.jpg

@oakraven @arramus
I'd like to use your stuff with df, but am rather ignorant with the xml editing. Is there a way to get a drill or what not that will also pull the df ores as a patch?
Not sure if there are any other issues with compatibility, I'd like to use the majority of your stuff with df.

Edited by Janarah
update (see edit history)

I went to play the other night and noticed it requires a repair kit to fix the fish stick now ! 

IMO it's seems kind of silly when i can just scrap it and make a new one out of the scrapped wood or a few sticks out of bushes.

( I will get down off of my stool now ) 

8 hours ago, swmeek said:

I went to play the other night and noticed it requires a repair kit to fix the fish stick now ! 

IMO it's seems kind of silly when i can just scrap it and make a new one out of the scrapped wood or a few sticks out of bushes.

Ahh yes. This was updated for the Oakraven Forest Modpack to be this way and inadvertently slipped over to the Oakraven Forest Collection version as well. It will be switched back to wood repair since it can only ever be a Q1.

For the Collection

It will be returned to wood repair for the Collection version. It still has Baseball Bat Q4 type entity damage BUT that Power hit is far and beyond. The trade off was the requirement to repair frequently, albeit with only wood.

For the Modpack

This is actually a very valid point for the Modpack version and here is the logic on the customisations if anyone asks, as it will apply to everyone and impact early to mid game dynamics (if not beyond) quite acutely.

The Fish Stick was carefully play tested to fit in with default weapons in the Pummel Pete range.

Players spawn in with the Fish Stick Starter Kit. It contains a Fish Stick and some Perch Pie.

The Fish Stick is actually guaranteed to be a Quality Level 5 or 6 and the aim is that, with care and attention, it can last for the duration of the game.

If players make their own new Fish Stick from scratch it is only ever guaranteed to be a Quality Level 1 as it is not connected to any kind of progression and crafting is easy with some scrapped wood. This will fall between a Quality 1 Wooden Club and Quality 1 Baseball Bat.

The Quality 5-6 Fish Stick that we spawn with falls into the Quality 4 Baseball Bat range but will also allow 3 or 4 mods on top.

I received a Q 5 Fish Stick on this load out and it just falls slightly under the Q 4 Baseball Bat for Entity Damage. However, the stamina cost for the Baseball Bat is substantially more, and the attacks per minute and durability also fall under the Q 5 Fish Stick. A Q 6 Fish Stick has the potential to surpass a Q 4 Baseball Bat and from load out this is a pretty sweet deal that gives players the chance to start from where they left off if they are moving onto the Modpack after a regular play through.

20220728112258_1.thumb.jpg.ee19f0f0c2dd193a6a871de0d7500ae6.jpg

The tier system stats are:

Wooden Club
Entity Damage 13.8 with a x2 for Power Attack

Stamina Drain 17.4 Regular Attack and 26.1 Power Attack

Attacks Per Minute 55

Degradation 60 - 110 based on Quality Level

Fish Stick

Entity Damage 15.6 with about a x2.1 for Power Attack

Stamina Drain 10.9 Regular Attack and 18.6 Power Attack

Attacks Per Minute 70

Degradation 200 - 500 based on Quality Level

Baseball Bat

Entity Damage 17.4 with a x2 for Power Attack

Stamina Drain 20.9 Regular Attack and 35.6 Power Attack

Attacks Per Minute 52

Degradation 200 - 500 based on Quality Level

It is faster to use by quite a large margin, has a decent Power Attack value, degrades slowly due to its starting Quality Level, and with a low Skill requirements on Sexy Rex will not be a burden on player stamina. There will even be features the Steel Bat can only wish for.

This still offers a very decent set of stats which is why the Entity Damage was reduced to ensure it wouldn't be a one hit weapon of mass destruction and allow zombies to have the chance to get up.

The trade off for the remaining generous traits was stepping up from the wood repair to tool kit for the Q5-6 model but still allowing players to make a simple Q1 version with wood. Players investing in Pummel Pete and Flurry of Blows will see further damage benefits and that instant decapitation chance quite readily.

The Quality 5-6 spawn out Fish Stick can become a pneumatic zombie basher with minimal investment and is verging on Legendary status.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

8 hours ago, swmeek said:

It has been reverted back to the wood resource for repair and it won't happen again...

Line 604:

<property name="RepairTools" value="resourceWood"/>

The Rock Drill has been updated on Moddb to include repair capability while in its passive state.

While it will self repair when changing to active and harvest state, this allows players to ensure it is kept maintained when not in use. Half the crafting amount of Craft Tape, Mechanical Parts, and Springs will be required in proportion to the damage. There is no need for further steel.20220728163644_1.thumb.jpg.803fd3f16aff55f4deceba4f88392981.jpg

3 hours ago, arramus said:

It has been reverted back to the wood resource for repair and it won't happen again...

Line 604:

<property name="RepairTools" value="resourceWood"/>

I actually went ahead and changed it myself after I posted my comments and thankfully I got it exactly as you put it here so Thank you for letting me know. I figured if I messed it up I could always reinstall the mod. LOL

Edited by swmeek (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Janarah said:

@oakraven @arramus
I'd like to use your stuff with df, but am rather ignorant with the xml editing. Is there a way to get a drill or what not that will also pull the df ores as a patch?
Not sure if there are any other issues with compatibility, I'd like to use the majority of your stuff with df.

What are the current DF ores/mined resources? Are they Titanium, Uranium, and Plutonium?

On 7/28/2022 at 6:29 AM, arramus said:

What are the current DF ores/mined resources? Are they Titanium, Uranium, and Plutonium?

Yes indeed, though there is also the sorcery mod, so the fire, lightning, and ice essences as well. 

Hello and thank you for the mods!
We installed some of them on our server, they are very nice :)
There is just one thing I would like to mention - we noticed that the chicken-sound of the chicken coops when harvesting is veeeeeeery loud. Too loud in our mind. Maybe we are not the only people who noticed that, just wanted to drop this here :)

47 minutes ago, Janarah said:

Yes indeed, though there is also the sorcery mod, so the fire, lightning, and ice essences as well. 

You'd like to extract DF mining resources using the Rock Drill.

You'd also like to extract/collect Sorcery Mod essences using the Rock Drill.

These are very possible to extract by manipulating the Rock Drill loot.xml which governs how many types can be collected at once, how much of each individual item can be collected, and what probability the collection will be.

It's probably best if you share these wishes directly with the DF/Sorcery communities though if the necessary xml changes aren't quite your thing at the moment. Oakraven certainly shares these mods for the community to use as they see fit but assisting with modifications for other overhauls/modpacks may not be welcome by the creators.

22 minutes ago, Faith_Of_Sin said:

Hello and thank you for the mods!
We installed some of them on our server, they are very nice :)
There is just one thing I would like to mention - we noticed that the chicken-sound of the chicken coops when harvesting is veeeeeeery loud. Too loud in our mind. Maybe we are not the only people who noticed that, just wanted to drop this here :)

The Chicken Coops have gone through a number of sound decreases since this mod was originally released, and it was only a matter of time that the volume of the Chickens as they had their feathers plucked, eggs stolen, or a whole chicken removed would be mentioned... Oakraven will certainly read your message.

I'd like some assistance with a steampunk weaponry mod if at all possible. Maybe a little more damage than the basic weaponry, by one to five points. I am willing to get the assets of course. Here are some images of the weapons that I've come across:
Shot gun: screenshot
Revolver: screenshot
Wave gun: (might need to be some sort of knock down and bludg dmg)screenshot
Sniper rifle: screenshot
Flame thrower: (burning dmg)
screenshot
Alternate drones: screenshot
Assault rifle: screenshot
Vehicle: screenshot

I have a few others, but that's the general gist of it. Sorry about the large images. Feel free to message me if you might be interested in setting this up.

4 minutes ago, Janarah said:

I'd like some assistance with a steampunk weaponry mod if at all possible. Maybe a little more damage than the basic weaponry, by one to five points. I am willing to get the assets of course. Here are some images of the weapons that I've come across:

I have a few others, but that's the general gist of it. Sorry about the large images. Feel free to message me if you might be interested in setting this up.

Interesting. The Oakraven Forest Modpack, which is a compilation of many items from this Collection, in addition to custom RWG tiling/POIs in collaboration with the Compo Pack, entities in collaboration with the NPCMod, and a variety of other modifications, has taken some tentative steps with an assortment of pistol/revolver type weapons with a Steam Punk theme as follows:

punkhandguns.png.c4c524d184ba3974a7c0e3f53d22d182.png

36 minutes ago, arramus said:

Interesting. The Oakraven Forest Modpack, which is a compilation of many items from this Collection, in addition to custom RWG tiling/POIs in collaboration with the Compo Pack, entities in collaboration with the NPCMod, and a variety of other modifications, has taken some tentative steps with an assortment of pistol/revolver type weapons with a Steam Punk theme as follows:

punkhandguns.png.c4c524d184ba3974a7c0e3f53d22d182.png

Those look amazing, though with running darkness falls and sorcery (wish there were a different magic mod), I think compatibility options might be limited?

30 minutes ago, Janarah said:

Those look amazing, though with running darkness falls and sorcery (wish there were a different magic mod), I think compatibility options might be limited?

Correct. The Snufkin Weapons pack could be patched into DF, and there's a post and link in that thread about that somewhere, by hooking up to the DF Progression system using two of the very basic perks. However, these weapons are already bundled into the Oakraven Forest Modpack which has its own entities and other non compatible assets on top of the weapons. A project in itself.

59 minutes ago, arramus said:

Correct. The Snufkin Weapons pack could be patched into DF, and there's a post and link in that thread about that somewhere, by hooking up to the DF Progression system using two of the very basic perks. However, these weapons are already bundled into the Oakraven Forest Modpack which has its own entities and other non compatible assets on top of the weapons. A project in itself.

I've looked over the project, it looks very impressive. I just wish everything worked together, too many moving parts and adjustments needed I would imagine. I'll settle soon enough on something that gives me a steam punky/magic vibe with some farming and deco bells and whistles eventually. I like challenge, but also like the idea of amazing building and deco. So something in the middle would be nice. 

Hey Arrumus or Oakraven have you thought about maybe doing a higher tier Fish stick that's made of metal?

Have the wooden one for starters that only goes to say tier 2 or 3 and then upgrade or craft a metal one that's 4 and 5. 

You could probably have lower tier metal sticks as loot only  and would require say forged iron or steel as repair material.

Edited by swmeek (see edit history)