(A20) Oakraven Forest Collection

arramus

42 minutes ago, Witos said:

hello, your mods are very nice, could you add more range to the sound of the jukebox or make it editable, I want to set up a disco. 

I sent a couple of messages to Snufkin who created a Jukebox mod for A19 which allowed players to add their own mp3s to a folder. They were then converted to mp4 and added to a playlist of about 12 tracks. There has been no response and the first contact was 2 months ago. If we can track down a copy of that A19 mod (the link to it is no longer accessible) it will show how it was constructed. The coding is a touch complex but something the Snufkin was very strong at.

20 minutes ago, arramus said:

Le envié un par de mensajes a Snufkin, quien creó un mod Jukebox para A19 que permitía a los jugadores agregar sus propios mp3 a una carpeta. Luego se convirtieron a mp4 y se agregaron a una lista de reproducción de aproximadamente 12 pistas. No ha habido respuesta y el primer contacto fue hace 2 meses. Si podemos rastrear una copia de ese mod A19 (ya no se puede acceder al enlace), mostrará cómo se construyó. La codificación es un toque complejo, pero algo en lo que Snufkin era muy fuerte.

I understand that to add more range to the sound you have to edit the unity3d, now you have to be glued to the machine to hear it well if you move away you can no longer hear it, but the file unyty3d I understand that is locked and can not be edited.

cooljuke10 is a lot of fun but you can only listen to it if you are on top of it, you can't extend the range in which you listen to the music.

Edited by Witos (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, Witos said:

I understand that to add more range to the sound you have to edit the unity3d, now you have to be glued to the machine to hear it well if you move away you can no longer hear it, but the file unyty3d I understand that is locked and can not be edited.

cooljuke10 is a lot of fun but you can only listen to it if you are on top of it, you can't extend the range in which you listen to the music.

That's correct. The range can be set in Unity. If you read earlier posts in this thread there are quite a lot of 'complaints' about things being too loud or having too much range. I don't think Oakraven wants to respond to any more of those. This was the safest way to release it.

Oakraven reads these posts when he takes a break from development and will certainly understand what you are saying and consider a balanced option.

1 hour ago, swmeek said:

Is there an easy way to change the sound of opening the chicken coop to something like a hatch door opening sound instead ?

The xml for the loot.xml suggests:
sound_open="UseActions/Chicken6Sounds"

Changing it to something like:

"UseActions/open_chest"
"UseActions/open_cupboard"
"UseActions/open_drawer"

may give something more 'tolerable' if the 'scream' is too much.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

11 hours ago, arramus said:

The xml for the loot.xml suggests:
sound_open="UseActions/Chicken6Sounds"

Changing it to something like:

"UseActions/open_chest"
"UseActions/open_cupboard"
"UseActions/open_drawer"

may give something more 'tolerable' if the 'scream' is too much.

My ears thank you ! LMAO

9 hours ago, theworldsaddress said:

I was wondering if there was any way to get a toolbelt mod to work with this mod? The 15 Slot Toolbelt mod "works" but it doesn't continue the toolbar, just puts another one on top of the existing one.

This channel refers to the individual mod collection of all 15 Oakraven Forest Collection modlets. If you are using the UI mod, then it appears this would directly conflict with the 15 Slot Toolbelt mod.

If you are using the Oakraven Forest Modpack which incorporates numerous mods from this collection in addition to a number of community made mods, then that will have a change of UI and toolbelt already integrated. If you were to rename the 15 Slot Toolbelt mod by adding the letter 'Z' as the starting letter it should load after the Oakraven mods and potentially override things that were loaded before it. See if that works for you and if it is successful it will be useful to hear as it will benefit others who can appreciate the 15 Slot Toolbelt.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

@CaptainRoxy (Responding to a Direct Message to ensure the issue is searchable for the future)

It is most likely the interaction between the Cooking Stations custom XUi conflicting with the SMXui custom user interface shown in the 3 screenshots sent by Direct Message. It doesn't appear to be from a bad download or outdated files.

The SMXui will load after the CookingStations mod as the game loads them in alphabetical order. If the ZMX accompanying mod is also loading, it will have a secondary load to consider. Try renaming CookingStations to ZZCookingStations so it loads after the SMX and ZMX modlet (if installed). This has resolved the issue in the past which can be found a little further up in the thread postings.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, it is likely a conflict that cannot be resolved since the CookingStations mod or SMX would require modifying.

4 hours ago, arramus said:

@CaptainRoxy (Responding to a Direct Message to ensure the issue is searchable for the future)

It is most likely the interaction between the Cooking Stations custom XUi conflicting with the SMXui custom user interface shown in the 3 screenshots sent by Direct Message. It doesn't appear to be from a bad download or outdated files.

The SMXui will load after the CookingStations mod as the game loads them in alphabetical order. If the ZMX accompanying mod is also loading, it will have a secondary load to consider. Try renaming CookingStations to ZZCookingStations so it loads after the SMX and ZMX modlet (if installed). This has resolved the issue in the past which can be found a little further up in the thread postings.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, it is likely a conflict that cannot be resolved since the CookingStations mod or SMX would require modifying.

Ok it works now somewhat, it's still missing the icons for the Blenders and Mixers also I can't find the Blenders in the Creative Menu. Other than that it works so thanks for helping me Arramus.

You are doing a lot of new and interesting things, thank you for that, do you have a recycling station planned?

This would allow us to recycle certain items that we have in large quantities.
Engines that could give mechanical parts, electrical parts, electronic parts of iron.
Car batteries that could give lead and acid
Military clothes, could give military fibers, fabrics, leathers, pieces of armor etc...
After that there are many possibilities depending on the needs of the mods and the new items that are used.
Thanks to you

19 hours ago, CaptainRoxy said:

Ok it works now somewhat, it's still missing the icons for the Blenders and Mixers also I can't find the Blenders in the Creative Menu. Other than that it works so thanks for helping me Arramus.

I shall double check the mixers and blenders to ensure the icon text names match the icon names for the images.

There was a mismatch in upper case/lower case and they have been uploaded with that edited.

I can confirm they were functional in Navezgane without any other UI mods installed.

As for issues with not being able to craft.

This issue is caused by the SMX ui having its own custom workstation codings. I tested this about 30 posts ago or so and there are images to show it.

The discussion is practically identical to the current issues.

The Oakraven collection appends onto the TFP original codings.

This is something for the SMX community to consider although there is already a post to suggest they are not officially supporting other mods at this time.

That is understandable because of the additional work load it would entail.

If there is an SMX Discord, it is highly possible some users will support compatibility as SMX is already integrated into mod overhauls like AOO.

A small update for the Chicken Coops mod.

- Coop harvested chickens will provide chicken pieces in the form of breast, leg, and wing meat. These can be grilled as they are and eaten as snacks. However, the chicken breast can be added to a Chicken Stew type dish.

Harvest your raised chickens.

f8NBT5O.jpg

Cook your stew in the pot or grill the pieces for a quick snack on the grill.

d44l5nQ.jpg

m2iFkeH.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! When i want to use the Oakraven stone oven in the console stands this message:

EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

so it goes on, its burning, but as soon i choose a receipe and want to cook it, this message appears and its not cooking. What can be the issue?

Edit: ok find out its the "ZMXuiCP" Mod in the Mod folder that blocks the Oakraven Stuff. Any possible to make this work together? Oakraven Forge Wide 3 is working normally for example

Edited by Nepharyel (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Nepharyel said:

Hello! When i want to use the Oakraven stone oven in the console stands this message:

EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

so it goes on, its burning, but as soon i choose a receipe and want to cook it, this message appears and its not cooking. What can be the issue?

Edit: ok find out its the "ZMXuiCP" Mod in the Mod folder that blocks the Oakraven Stuff. Any possible to make this work together? Oakraven Forge Wide 3 is working normally for example

Rename a Forest Collection mod with ZZ at the front in order to let it load after ZMXuiCP to see if that allows the Cooking Stations to function appropriately. If that fails, this is something for the UI team to consider although they have already stated other mods are not supported.

18 minutes ago, arramus said:

Rename a Forest Collection mod with ZZ at the front in order to let it load after ZMXuiCP to see if that allows the Cooking Stations to function appropriately. If that fails, this is something for the UI team to consider although they have already stated other mods are not supported.

Renaming it to ZZCookingStations works, thank u! Was just wondered cause the forge for example works fine, was so far only the CookingStation where this error was 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 6:02 PM, arramus said:

The spawns only occur on pine forest ground type areas. They do not spawn on gravel/roads.

I understand. I saw someone mention that there should be a snake that turns into a stump or will it generate automatically as the stump? I plan on restarting a world just with the bee mod with a small map and entire pine forest wilderness and see if anything spawns. 

3 hours ago, nosar77 said:

I understand. I saw someone mention that there should be a snake that turns into a stump or will it generate automatically as the stump? I plan on restarting a world just with the bee mod with a small map and entire pine forest wilderness and see if anything spawns. 

The bee logs could be placed as decorative 'POIs' like the tree stump. However, once they are harvested they are gone for good. The creator decided to make things more dynamic and sustainable. The bee log spawns like an entity at any time and can repeatedly spawn. Here is how it works:

1. The Bee Log spawns as a snake. It only spawns in the Pine Forest on the ground. If it spawns on gravel it will simply disappear.

2. The snake instantly dies and turns into the Bee Log as its 'death gore block'. These Bee Log snakes can continue to spawn anywhere in the Pine Forest. This ensures players have a chance to find a new Bee Log in a new place as the game progresses.

As the snake is an entity, if a player is using mods which increase the spawning for other entities, it can decrease the amount of Bee Log snakes spawning. In some cases it has been zero. Changing the probability of these Bee Log snakes to a higher number can increase their amount. It is a delicate process though. The default spawning is actually quite high.

• 1 month later...

I have recently added the Oakraven Forest collection to my game and started a new playthrough along with the SMXui by Sirillion that I have been using for a while now and I was wondering if there where any plans to create a compatibility patch  or if you know of someone making one, so that the UI for SMX would work with the various crafting stations added but the Oakraven series of mods. I love the designs of the new crafting stations but I am running into issues with the inputs for fuel, tools, and items to be smelted being miss aligned and scattered all over the place as well as the outputs being misaligned or missing all together. I figured I would ask here first before asking on the discord.