(A20) Oakraven Forest Collection

arramus

On 3/13/2022 at 11:52 AM, Mystiana said:

Good day!

I have installed most of these mods without any issues.  However, I've been having difficulty with the Hydroponic Underground Farming Mod since the workstation table was fixed (I think around 2 or 3 updates ago?).  I keep getting the following:

"EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

It just keeps repeating until I force-quit the program.  If I delete the mod, it works fine.  If I reinstall the older version, not only is the error gone but my previously harvested crops remain in my inventory.

I deleted all other saved games and have verified the integrity but to no avail.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem because I'd really like to be able to use this mod.  Thank you.  😃

On 3/15/2022 at 10:14 PM, arramus said:

It is possible that the old version and new version are seen as separate items and are not happy about being updated on the same existing World. I tested the new version on a completely new World as I change Worlds a lot with new Mods constantly being loaded in and out of the game.

Maybe you can delete/remove/destroy all older version items relating to the previous mod in the World itself as they are saved to the World data, and then replace them with the new version once that updated mod is added and you rejoin the World again. Replacing in Creative Mode/Menu is certainly appropriate for this occasion depending on your game style.

Hello!

I love the mods, but was having the same issue this week when using any of the modelts that add in custom stations (i.e. cook stations, hydroponic, work stations). The issue on my end appeared to be caused by an incompatability with the SMX HUD; I removed the SMX hud and all addons and the Oakraven modelts are now working along with all of our other installed mods. I am not too sure if Mystiana had a hud mod installed as well as this may be the issue. I did see earlier in the thread though that someone else using SMX had no issues, so I am not too sure why I was having issues on my end. But removing SMX fixed the "EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error and all modlets are all usable again. 

Really loving this mod. found an issue though. The hydroponic seed recipes say they can be unlocked by learning the corresponding vanilla recipe. The problem is you haven't set a cvar in the vannilla seed recipe to unlock the hydroponic variant.

<item name="plantedPotato1Schematic">
	<property name="Extends" value="schematicNoQualityRecipeMaster"/>
	<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="plantedPotato1"/>
	<property name="Unlocks" value="plantedPotato1"/>
	<effect_group tiered="false">
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="plantedPotato1" operation="set" value="1"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="GiveExp" exp="50"/>
	</effect_group>

</item>

Should that not be modified to be something like ,

<item name="plantedPotato1Schematic">
	<property name="Extends" value="schematicNoQualityRecipeMaster"/>
	<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="plantedPotato1"/>
	<property name="Unlocks" value="plantedPotato1"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="plantedPotato1" operation="set" value="1"/>
	</effect_group>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="HydroponicPotatoSeedling" operation="set" value="1"/>
	</effect_group>
</item>

Obviously would need to append each schematic, but you get the idea.

12 minutes ago, Frekton said:

Really loving this mod. found an issue though. The hydroponic seed recipes say they can be unlocked by learning the corresponding vanilla recipe. The problem is you haven't set a cvar in the vannilla seed recipe to unlock the hydroponic variant.

Obviously would need to append each schematic, but you get the idea.

Correct, and this Mod is still a WIP for these elements for sure. I haven't questioned Oakraven's overall objective; whether these are just placeholders for the future, be it individual custom schematics or linked into existing Vanilla schematics. I do recall that using multiple cvars can cause the 'book' to remain looking unread as was experienced with an extended traps mod that linked 1 schematic to 4 types of possible trap. Time will tell on this, but feel free to test your own findings and report back what looks to be practical.

On 2/26/2022 at 1:15 PM, kronons said:

Hi,

I am using the chicken mod. I tried to modify the sound.xml file to lower the range and volume of the chickens, but it doesn't do anything. Could it be because you compiled the sound with the assets? I would like to turn down the chicken sound since I can hear it from like 20 blocks away. I even tried to remove the sound.xml file and the chicken sound persist.

@EZ7

The Chicken Coops have received an update for both size and audio.

The Coops have increased in size to match the one on the left.

20220320021335_1.thumb.jpg.8cb299f5ea3824be91129a40c65fd469.jpg

The audio drops off until you reach this distance (about 12 blocks) at which point the Coop cannot be heard.

20220320021352_1.thumb.jpg.cbf22d3b7a714a73d43aa31e2c0a4567.jpg

This will better allow players to select the distance from their base where the Coops are placed for those who prefer silence, a little ambient sound, or full volume.

6 hours ago, arramus said:

Correct, and this Mod is still a WIP for these elements for sure. I haven't questioned Oakraven's overall objective; whether these are just placeholders for the future, be it individual custom schematics or linked into existing Vanilla schematics. I do recall that using multiple cvars can cause the 'book' to remain looking unread as was experienced with an extended traps mod that linked 1 schematic to 4 types of possible trap. Time will tell on this, but feel free to test your own findings and report back what looks to be practical.

I'm kind of thinking that the entire bundle of hydroponic seeds, workbench, feed and compost should be under perk 3 of Living off the Land. Making individual schematics for all of the above seems pointless seeing as learning any with out the other leaves you with nothing. Especially if the cooked food requires various ingredients.

So on another note I was getting this error and wondered if these are your workstations the mod is referring to ?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at StopFuelWaste+TileEntityWorkstation_HandleFuel.GetAllRecipeTimes (TileEntityWorkstation __instance) [0x00015] in <ba4c0944bca54bb8a36e2bb5ced50149>:0 
  at StopFuelWaste+TileEntityWorkstation_HandleFuel.Prefix (TileEntityWorkstation __instance, System.Single[] ___currentMeltTimesLeft, System.Boolean[] ___isModuleUsed, System.Single& _timePassed) [0x0003f] in <ba4c0944bca54bb8a36e2bb5ced50149>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) TileEntityWorkstation.DMD<TileEntityWorkstation::HandleFuel>(TileEntityWorkstation,World,single)
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) TileEntityWorkstation.DMD<TileEntityWorkstation::UpdateTick>(TileEntityWorkstation,World)
  at Chunk.UpdateTick (World _world, System.Boolean _bSpawnEnemies) [0x00015] in <39cf8b713b17414c9e5ddfff01d6df19>:0 
  at World.OnUpdateTick (System.Single _partialTicks, System.ArraySegment`1[T] _activeChunks) [0x0011b] in <39cf8b713b17414c9e5ddfff01d6df19>:0 
  at GameManager.UpdateTick () [0x00073] in <39cf8b713b17414c9e5ddfff01d6df19>:0 
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x002f4] in <39cf8b713b17414c9e5ddfff01d6df19>:0 
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <39cf8b713b17414c9e5ddfff01d6df19>:0 

This is with OCBMaurices stop fuel waste mod.

I've since went back to an earlier version so I'm not getting the error anymore.

7 hours ago, swmeek said:

So on another note I was getting this error and wondered if these are your workstations the mod is referring to ?

NullReferenceException: Object...

That shared a lot of numerical and generic warnings but nothing with any specific tell tale signs. OCB mods are often quite sophisticated with harmony/dll patching and it’s hard to say. Updating assets which are already placed can cause issues where IDs can be switched and it’s good practice to remove them all from the World before any updating.

Do you know which kind of workstation that might have been?
Haven't seen this so far, but I don't always have time to test each fix for hours :)
The code in that function is rather simple, but I can of course add more null pointer checks...

Might be that there are workstations where the queue list is actually not initialized yet...

Btw. right place for this would have been https://github.com/OCB7D2D/OcbStopFuelWaste/issues ;)
Edit: Already added two more NP checks (you may just replace the dll with the new one).

Edited by ocbMaurice (see edit history)

1 hour ago, lee_terry_jr said:

I suggest changing the chicken coop mod to require feeding the chickens.

In the whole scheme of things, does this suggestion follow this sequence?

Catch the chicks > Populate the Coops > Feed the Chickens > Harvest the Rewards > Feed the Chickens (feed/harvest loop).

A small update has been pushed for the Work Stations with the Hammer Forge being given a new cosmetic.

20220320211611_1.thumb.jpg.6379b7e1ecb3b162a52935cace1458a6.jpg

On 3/22/2022 at 5:20 AM, ocbMaurice said:

Do you know which kind of workstation that might have been?
Haven't seen this so far, but I don't always have time to test each fix for hours :)
The code in that function is rather simple, but I can of course add more null pointer checks...

Might be that there are workstations where the queue list is actually not initialized yet...

Btw. right place for this would have been https://github.com/OCB7D2D/OcbStopFuelWaste/issues ;)
Edit: Already added two more NP checks (you may just replace the dll with the new one).

Sorry OCB but when I seen the reference to workstations I thought it might have been the workstations from his mod.

Just a heads up concerning mod compatibility.

When the Wells mod is installed, The HD Water Dispenser and HD Refrigerator from War3zuk's Kitchen Utilities, and the working faucets and sinks in Sam's Working Stuff no longer function. I did some digging, and I think it's how the items configuration is set up when it concerns the empty water jars and buckets. I'm tinkering with configurations on my own, but as it stands right now they don't play nice together where filling jars and buckets is concerned.

On 3/23/2022 at 7:45 PM, arramus said:

In the whole scheme of things, does this suggestion follow this sequence?

Catch the chicks > Populate the Coops > Feed the Chickens > Harvest the Rewards > Feed the Chickens (feed/harvest loop).

Ya, that was what I was thinking would be the most fair way to go.

56 minutes ago, lee_terry_jr said:

Ya, that was what I was thinking would be the most fair way to go.

This is also the system used in the server side only 'Oak's Pet Animals and Guards' mod for replenishing the Coop and worked very well in A19. In that mod, players make Chicken Feed and have to feed the chickens after each harvest.

This reduced version was based on how difficult it can be to sustain sufficient resources to feed the chickens with farm plot resources, and ensure there is enough left over for the players to cook with, since the new farming dynamic creates a constant cycle of diminishing returns and requires additional supplementation from the traders or POIs. At the same time, the amount of chickens and eggs out in the wild has grown quite dramatically and made the economics of producing feed a bit redundant. A little more thought for re-balancing on this one to reflect A20 dynamics.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:13 AM, Adviser69 said:

Just a heads up concerning mod compatibility.

When the Wells mod is installed, The HD Water Dispenser and HD Refrigerator from War3zuk's Kitchen Utilities, and the working faucets and sinks in Sam's Working Stuff no longer function. I did some digging, and I think it's how the items configuration is set up when it concerns the empty water jars and buckets. I'm tinkering with configurations on my own, but as it stands right now they don't play nice together where filling jars and buckets is concerned.

Here is a small update for the Water Wells Mod.

There are now 3 indoor sinks to choose from which will allow water to be collected in glass jars and buckets, as well as provide some storage space. For players using other sink type mods in addition to the Water Wells mod, it should be possible to add them to the items.xml in the Water Wells mod to allow them to continue to function as long as they are compatibly coded. Since the Water Wells Mod is usually the last to load based on alphabetical order loading, it is overwriting the settings for the glass jar and bucket in other mods.

The three new sinks include a Tin Sink, Slate Sink, and Marble Sink.

20220328004925_1.thumb.jpg.469352f18c306668e744ae7326d8c566.jpg

Each with very adequate storage capacity.

20220328004938_1.thumb.jpg.2b4b37df3db445c5904d360cd88a05f6.jpg

36 minutes ago, swmeek said:

Are we able to collect fireflies ?

every time i chop a firefly stump it gives me the lion mushrooms.

You are able to collect fireflies and it sounds like probability hasn't been on your side at the moment. There is a 30% chance of receiving a firefly bug when chopping the Firefly Stump. Some players have increased this probability under the block.xml file for "FireFlyStump" where the 'name="FireFlyBug" count="1" prob="0.3"' can be amended to suit your preferences.

On 3/27/2022 at 6:11 PM, arramus said:

Here is a small update for the Water Wells Mod.

There are now 3 indoor sinks to choose from which will allow water to be collected in glass jars and buckets, as well as provide some storage space.

Dumb question - are the sinks and wells supposed to be infinite (without having to wait for them to regenerate water) or not? Just asking because I'm not sure if I have a mod conflict with some other water-related stuff or if it's intended. Thanks!

3 hours ago, EZ7 said:

Dumb question - are the sinks and wells supposed to be infinite (without having to wait for them to regenerate water) or not? Just asking because I'm not sure if I have a mod conflict with some other water-related stuff or if it's intended. Thanks!

There is no time restriction on the water sources and you will not have to wait for them to regenerate.

4 hours ago, jetta_pt said:

Guys

Where do I find Blue Rock and Crystal Rock?

I've traveled the entire wasteland and I killed many zecas and I didn't find anything.

Help please, thx

The crystals are found in the Wasteland/Burnt Forest area. They are found more often at night.