(A20) Oakraven Forest Collection

arramus

19 hours ago, arramus said:

We could discuss this briefly non publicly, but for the record to show that it has been considered. Oakraven looked at the feasibility of elevator/lift type blocks for the Oakraven Forest Collection but past experience has shown it to be very unstable. For the time being, only the horizontal type walkways show sufficient stability. Things may always change in the future depending on how 7 Days/Game Engine functionality develops.

This means you can request a size and Oakraven can check how stable it is in game. For example, 8 x 1 or 8 x 3 to allow for wider trenches/moats. One useful thing is that they can be mounted on periodic supports and added in chain to cross wide rivers.

I hadn't considered or tested how they would function with electricity simply because they were manually operated. But, adding a powered version that is triggered by the sensor would be an interesting expansion for @oakraven to consider.

Thanks for the reply arramus. I would like to present a challenge. 1) An 8X3 catwalk with lights on each expansion rung. 2) Powered. I know this may not be possible, but would appreciate it if you could look into it. 

On 2/25/2022 at 12:20 AM, wokkawokka said:

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for including the correct asset display to compare against. This is what I see from the latest updated unity file you enclosed. THANK YOU for even being willing to look at this in the first place. This all started because I was just curious as to the "why"s and "how"s. Hopefully my response pictures are a bit helpful. Even if you guys didn't do diddly over this, I'd still use your mod because it's visually stunning on its own merit regardless of platform.

cement-mixer-running.jpg

chemistry-and-cement-mixer-idle.jpg

forge-running.jpg

hi im running 20.3 on windows 10 im getting several visual glitches like this ,water drops from the taps show as purple blocks ...names on chest and glass on display as a pink or gray block...if deleted and redownloaded....same issue ,im running a gtx960 with the latest drivers

Edited by coenie.landman (see edit history)

14 hours ago, coenie.landman said:

hi im running 20.3 on windows 10 im getting several visual glitches like this ,water drops from the taps show as purple blocks ...names on chest and glass on display as a pink or gray block...if deleted and redownloaded....same issue ,im running a gtx960 with the latest drivers

Ouch. I haven't experienced this on a Windows setup so far. Is this happening in Windows Single Player or when you join a server? It seems the Linux server build is not being very compatible with some of the shader textures. Can you also confirm these are the very latest versions of the mods as some were updated with new shaders to help fix this issue?

On 4/20/2022 at 8:24 AM, vonerich said:

Thanks for the reply arramus. I would like to present a challenge. 1) An 8X3 catwalk with lights on each expansion rung. 2) Powered. I know this may not be possible, but would appreciate it if you could look into it. 

Oakraven could create an 8 x 3 and 8 x 1 walkway with lights on each expansion rung. The mod has been updated and uploaded for testing.

It will take a little more time to look at a powered version.

It looks very ambient.

20220422030223_1.thumb.jpg.75e17a5f0664c9bf4b64930938435a90.jpg

20220422030119_1.thumb.jpg.0c869288e1ec9f4354f1e18ecdfbdf9f.jpg

15 hours ago, arramus said:

Oakraven could create an 8 x 3 and 8 x 1 walkway with lights on each expansion rung. The mod has been updated and uploaded for testing.

It looks very ambient.

WOW! So quick. You two are nailing it. 

Just now, polkillo said:

good day! 1) how to reduce the number of chickens found in nests? 2) how to make sure that the nests are destroyed after opening?

1. It is already set to 'veryLow' and this is the lowest possible. However, this gives exactly the same as if it was set to 'veryHigh'. Either we are doing something wrong or the loot has a bug. The loot system changed a little for A20 in some areas from numbers to a word; veryLow, Low, etc. I cannot answer that question until the game loot system stabilises or we find out if it needs a different configuration.

2. The kind of things which destroy themselves after being looted such as ammo, food piles, and meds use a different setting to bird's nest. This can be seen in the blocks.xml of the main game. Apart from the material they use, there are few differences and it may be hard coded. It may require creating a totally new type of bird's nest linked to the piles that destroy themselves when they are looted, and then adding it to the deco spawning blocks such as concrete blocks, rocks, wasteland broken buildings, and things like that when the world is created. I am unfamiliar if there is an easier way of doing it and there may be a simple property that adds that feature but it doesn't show much in the blocks.xml. Maybe another person can answer that.

On 4/21/2022 at 7:23 AM, arramus said:

Ouch. I haven't experienced this on a Windows setup so far. Is this happening in Windows Single Player or when you join a server? It seems the Linux server build is not being very compatible with some of the shader textures. Can you also confirm these are the very latest versions of the mods as some were updated with new shaders to help fix this issue?

hi thanx for the reply, using the steam dedicated server everyone else sees the textures fine its just me so im sure its on my side

and yea its the latest ones that was on the front page..its how i saw these mods...great work btw

2 hours ago, coenie.landman said:

hi thanx for the reply, using the steam dedicated server everyone else sees the textures fine its just me so im sure its on my side

and yea its the latest ones that was on the front page..its how i saw these mods...great work btw

A localised issue. You've got your drivers updated, and I'm sure you've tried all kinds of video settings such as turning features off or minimal features.

There are really not a lot of discussions for this issue and potential troubleshooting steps beyond what you've tried. Apart from checking you aren't missing or experiencing any corrupt OS or driver files, there's not a great deal else to attempt. Apart from reinstalling DirectX just in case, next steps are going to get more indepth such as GPU diagnostics tools or factory reset for the GPU drivers.

45 minutes ago, swmeek said:

Jaxteller718 has a modlet here that destroys nests and trash piles when you loot them.

@polkillo

Yes, a nice workaround which requires changing the material of the bird's nest to that of a plant by forcing it to be replaced as the World loads.

JT adds this command to the blocks.xml.

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntBirdnest']/property[@name='Material']/@value">Mplants</set>

And the mod is here. It also forces other things to be destroyed but they can be removed if that's not what you want.

On 4/21/2022 at 11:47 AM, arramus said:

It looks very ambient.

Hello arramus and Oakraven. I've started building with the walkways you've created. The 8X3 works and fits perfect. However, the 8X1 sits between 2 blocks. Can this be fixed? image.thumb.png.7e3e26a44a0644ea4d5fb13febe56950.png

16 hours ago, vonerich said:

Hello arramus and Oakraven. I've started building with the walkways you've created. The 8X3 works and fits perfect. However, the 8X1 sits between 2 blocks. Can this be fixed?

👌and uploaded to the Moddb link.

20220428012010_1.thumb.jpg.8181d7133fc5b12e13f5f945ec856c0c.jpg

It is possible Oakraven will integrate mods onto the Fish Melee Stick so they look in place in time, and that is typically governed in the item_modifiers.xml.
As it's such a thin stick, the mods will look a little peculiar; especially those specifically made for other models. I haven't tested any mods on it, although it is tagged to accept them. It was quite a beast just as it was.

With all the machine gun toting bandits in my game now I need all the take down I can get until I find a gun that stops them before they stop me ! LOL

I appreciate all your hard work that you all put into your mods nonetheless.