Jump to content

(A20) Oakraven Forest Collection


arramus
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ru Melin said:

Ahh... it was Invalid layer index "1

This appears with the mushroom and plants spawning for Hydroponic Mod, and bee log spawning for Bee Hives.

 

Here is what happens:

 

1. A snake spawns.

2. The snake dies.

3. The dead snake turns into a Bee Log or Mushroom/Fire Fly, or vegetable for harvesting.

 

The snake can spawn anywhere. However it cannot change into a new thing on concrete, gravel, or other non 'soft ground' type locations.

It is possible this warning appears when the item is trying to be placed on the wrong area.

 

It doesn't need a warning because it is intended. However, the Unity game engine likes to give a warning about these things.

We also see it for normal game things for animals and other blocks.

 

I shall see if we can block these warnings from appearing because it is an intended safety check. We don't want plants growing in the middle of a road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is an update for the Collection in the form of decorative musical 'instruments'.

 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/oakraven-forest-collection/downloads/musicdecor#downloadsform

 

A piano, organ, and two kinds of jukebox provide an interactive decorative feature for POI creation and player made bases. Craft, place, and 'insert' a token to activate.

20220831191010_1.thumb.jpg.410adf8c0afabe79e0653869ce687b51.jpg

 

20220831191054_1.thumb.jpg.d399a5e9086ef3787ed44facf8331cb4.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hy, very nice to here. I must say that when I used the jukebox and the others in the wildernis, I see they are flying a little bit over the ground. And often the grouns comes upstairs to the box. Is it normal? Best regards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Their settings are a little different than usual for ground placement at 0.5 block to ensure they don't sink on uneven terrain.
In A19 this wasn't really an issue. The A20 voxel terrain seems to be different to A19 and we are still learning about it. Best to place a wooden block outside and place the jukebox on top.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just pushed an updated for the Storage Boxes/Containers. The update further reduces the Mod size from about 48 to 27mb and for servers running a number of custom mods, these smaller uploads to the server and downloads for the clients make it less of a burden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

All my players LOVE your music decor mod. They were curious (as I am) if there is a way to make the music play longer or on a loop? Also, do you plan on making additional music selections from the devices (piano, organ, jukeboxes).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, KailJ said:

All my players LOVE your music decor mod. They were curious (as I am) if there is a way to make the music play longer or on a loop? Also, do you plan on making additional music selections from the devices (piano, organ, jukeboxes).

Snufkin created a wonderful Jukebox mod that allowed players to add their own mp3 files to an audio folder and play them while in game. It gave players a selector for about 12 of their own music choices. The mod is not accessible any more and was for A19. I sent a message through his Google Drive to ask for access so we can upload them to another location but I can't expect a reply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, arramus said:

Snufkin created a wonderful Jukebox mod that allowed players to add their own mp3 files to an audio folder and play them while in game. It gave players a selector for about 12 of their own music choices. The mod is not accessible any more and was for A19. I sent a message through his Google Drive to ask for access so we can upload them to another location but I can't expect a reply.

Not a problem. I do have a sudden problem that I am checking things to see if there is a mod conflict. For some reason the bee logs are not spawning on the map. I will see if I can come up with an idea of the problem. Without the queen bees we can't get the honey. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does the Beehive and Hydroponic mods need to be installed when the world is created? The reason I am asking is because (besides a few zombie mods) I have only the oakraven mods installed with the following issues. The chicken coop mod: The nests have changed their appearance and you can find the chicks just fine. The Beehive mod: You can create the hives just fine, but the bee logs are no where to be found in the Pine Forest areas. The Hydroponic mod: You can build the table and such just fine, but the plants in the wild are like the bee logs, no where to be found. Was something broken when after the last update? Please advice as we love the mods.

 

EDIT:

I did come across 1 strawberry after driving around looking for about 15 minutes. Still not as many as in the past.

Edited by KailJ (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KailJ said:

Does the Beehive and Hydroponic mods need to be installed when the world is created? The reason I am asking is because (besides a few zombie mods) I have only the oakraven mods installed with the following issues. The chicken coop mod: The nests have changed their appearance and you can find the chicks just fine. The Beehive mod: You can create the hives just fine, but the bee logs are no where to be found in the Pine Forest areas. The Hydroponic mod: You can build the table and such just fine, but the plants in the wild are like the bee logs, no where to be found. Was something broken when after the last update? Please advice as we love the mods.

 

EDIT:

I did come across 1 strawberry after driving around looking for about 15 minutes. Still not as many as in the past.

The Beehive and Hydroponic Mods do not need to be installed when the world is created.

The Bee log, Hydroponic plants, and Mushrooms are spawned as entities.

This is how it works:

1. They spawn as a snake.

2. The snake is instantly killed and changes into a corpse blocks; the Bee log, plant, or mushroom. If the snake spawns on gravel/road it will not change to a corpse block. It has to be on 'soft ground' like grass and sand.

 

As they spawn as snakes, they are competing with other entities in the world. As they have their own custom spawning, it is possible they are competing with regular zombies depending on how the game hard codes things.

 

You could find 1 strawberry, and mention it is not as many as in the past. Maybe the zombie mods are spawning at greater probability than the bees and plants which will make them rarer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Excellent collection of mods, so first off, thank you mod authors for all your hard work!

 

My question is, though, is there a way to modify the text format and location on the signed storage containers?  I couldn't find anything in the XML, but maybe I missed it?  Or is it specified somehow in the 3D model?  Some of the text colors I find hard to read (particularly the purple).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, ShadowMage said:

Excellent collection of mods, so first off, thank you mod authors for all your hard work!

 

My question is, though, is there a way to modify the text format and location on the signed storage containers?  I couldn't find anything in the XML, but maybe I missed it?  Or is it specified somehow in the 3D model?  Some of the text colors I find hard to read (particularly the purple).

The models themselves embed the text font/color/style and nothing is currently accessible by xml. This is something Oakraven will need to give some thought to. We received comments on color in the past as they all used to be one color. This eclectic mix gave more variety to assist different types of player even though it would restrict using the full range of storage containers for those colors which weren't appropriate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rave_gaming_jj said:

anyone having an issue with some of the png not showing up? I went in to creative and noticed this. it will give you the item name when you scroll over the area where it should be but no picture of the item. it will allow you to put it in your inventory and then place it to see it

 

This has been a bit of a thorn and should relate to only the Work Station mod.

The icon name and name linked to it in the xml files were updated very recently and the most current version should resolve this.

 

If an icon is called something like powdermixer but the xml looks for PowderMixer it is case sensitive and they won't pair and hook up.

On the recent update, they were checked to make sure they match.

 

I shall double check.

 

1. <property name="CustomIcon" value="oakchemistrystation"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is oakchemistrystation

 

2. <property name="CustomIcon" value="forgebigoak2"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is forgebigoak2

 

3. <property name="CustomIcon" value="tatarinforge"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is tatarinforge

 

4. <property name="CustomIcon" value="tатаринforge"/>

This one needs updating as it should also be tatarinforge.
This was another issue with font types being an issue.

 

5. <property name="CustomIcon" value="stonecrusher"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is stonecrusher

 

6. <property name="CustomIcon" value="cementmixerbucket"/>

Actual name of icon is cementmixerbucket

 

7. <property name="CustomIcon" value="ammopress"/>

Actual name of icon is cementmixerbucket ammopress

 

Just no.4 needs an update to change from tатаринforge to tatarinforge and I shall push that now.

Update: Pushed.

This update should have no mismatches and can be reinstalled for that version or updated manually by crosschecking letter casing and names are perfectly matching in the blocks.xml and associated icons in the ItemIconAtlas folder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ru Melin said:

Hy, this is a bug report:

 

A red error comes when we used the Oakraven Workstation and the mod tactical weapons. There comes a notice that ammobench is used multiple times. can you please fix this? Best regards


There is nothing to fix in the Oakraven Workstation Mod and it will continue to use that name. Changing it will cause problems for many users if they update to a newer version while it is still on their gamesave and the name has changed.

 

It seems both the Oakraven Workstation Mod and Tactical Weapons Mod use the name 'ammobench'. Go to either of the mods and everywhere you see the name 'ammobench', rename it to something else. It will appear in the blocks.xml, recipes.xml, Xui files, and possibly in other places where it has been added. If one has already been added to your game, then change it in the second one you are trying to add.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, newbie said:

Hi.. Some amazing modlets in your collection. Can the Chicken Coops and Bee Hives be used with the Darkness Falls or War3zuk AIO Overhaul. ?

 

Thanks

They cannot be used at present as far as I know because these overhauls overwrite many of the default game settings. These modlets were designed for the default game.

There is some discussion about it 2-3 pages ago where a forum member suggested they will contact the DF team and see if it is possible to integrate. It may be best to visit the DF Discord to see if there have been any steps to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2022 at 11:07 PM, arramus said:

This has been a bit of a thorn and should relate to only the Work Station mod.

The icon name and name linked to it in the xml files were updated very recently and the most current version should resolve this.

 

If an icon is called something like powdermixer but the xml looks for PowderMixer it is case sensitive and they won't pair and hook up.

On the recent update, they were checked to make sure they match.

 

I shall double check.

 

1. <property name="CustomIcon" value="oakchemistrystation"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is oakchemistrystation

 

2. <property name="CustomIcon" value="forgebigoak2"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is forgebigoak2

 

3. <property name="CustomIcon" value="tatarinforge"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is tatarinforge

 

4. <property name="CustomIcon" value="tатаринforge"/>

This one needs updating as it should also be tatarinforge.
This was another issue with font types being an issue.

 

5. <property name="CustomIcon" value="stonecrusher"/> in xml.

Actual name of icon is stonecrusher

 

6. <property name="CustomIcon" value="cementmixerbucket"/>

Actual name of icon is cementmixerbucket

 

7. <property name="CustomIcon" value="ammopress"/>

Actual name of icon is cementmixerbucket ammopress

 

Just no.4 needs an update to change from tатаринforge to tatarinforge and I shall push that now.

Update: Pushed.

This update should have no mismatches and can be reinstalled for that version or updated manually by crosschecking letter casing and names are perfectly matching in the blocks.xml and associated icons in the ItemIconAtlas folder.

Where can we find the update??

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rave_gaming_jj said:

Where can we find the update??

 

The very first post has a list of all of the mods and direct links to their storage location on Moddb. Existing content uses the same link even if it is updated because Moddb maintain the links. This particular mod remains in the Moddb list here:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...