(A20) Oakraven Forest Collection

arramus

4 hours ago, Dragoness_ said:

That was about 30+ minutes of flying around the Desert in God Mode to see what was appearing.

I also have Bee Hives mod installed and they will be competing to spawn a little as well.

I found:

15 tomatoes. They stick out like a sore thumb in the dark and are easy to see in the day as well.

3 jalapenos. I went alongside some Biome borders at times.

9 red peppers.

3 pineapples.

1 turnip. Biome border again.

Tricky to see at any time of day.

20220620152916_1.thumb.jpg.4345274a7cc249b3d71c427d2d9f03b3.jpg

20220620145405_1.thumb.jpg.854b52c73260dbd3b7a55b004bb659d3.jpg

The pineapple, tomato, and pepper go through this spawning process.

They start as a snake (entity) and then change into a fixed plant (block) which can then be harvested as an item. This allows them to be dynamic and keep reappearing from time to time randomly.

However, they have not been tested to the full and tweaking the spawn values is still necessary based on feedback. Thank you for your feedback about this.

If you go to the spawning.xml file in the Hydroponic Farm folder we can see this entry.

<append xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert']">
        <spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Any" entitygroup="DesertPlants" />
</append>

This tells the game how many to spawn and how often to spawn. The pepper and tomato spawned a lot more than the pineapple with the tomato being at crazy levels. Even though they are all set to spawn at the same amount, the game does not always follow the rules for whatever reason.

Here are two things you can try:

1. If you are happy that enough Desert plants like this are appearing overall but just want some more pineapple in the mix then go to the entitygroups.xml in the Hydroponic Mod and use these values:

<!-- Day/Night Group Desert -->

<entitygroup name="DesertPlants">
        <entity name="animalWildPepper" prob="0.33"/>
        <entity name="animalWildPineapple" prob="1.0"/>
        <entity name="animalWildTomato" prob="0.2"/>
    </entitygroup>

Based on what I found, tomatoes appeared 5 times more than pineapples. Peppers appeared 3 time more than pineapples.

Maybe these values will help balanced things out a little if you are experiencing something similar to this. I have no idea why there would be such a high ratio of tomatos to pineapples over a reasonable high test volume BUT sometimes that is just the way the game is. Maybe these values will settle things down and be more proportional. If your own spawning experience is different based on the mix of mods you have, then these values can be further edited.

2. If you are not happy with the overall amount of desert spawning, you can edit the spawning.xml file to something like:

<append xpath="/spawning/biome[@name='desert']">
        <spawn maxcount="2" respawndelay="1.5" time="Any" entitygroup="DesertPlants" />
</append>

This will spawn double the amount of desert fruit/veg. It will respawn them in half the time. 1.5 equates to one and a half game days (based on the explanation given in the default game files).

Trying both of these things at the same time, and seeing how things go for a few days will let you see if they are balancing out in what appears and how often they appear.

Please share further feedback on any testing you do as this will allow us to set those values for the future as what is uploaded for everyone to use.

If you want to share your community server IP, I can visit for a few days and see how things are working out.

The hydroponic wild plants were given slightly different probabilities for the desert to see if it will help the pineapples appear more often, even though their probability is identical to other plants. This issue has been reported by a few players.

Pinapple probability is 0.2

Pepper is 0.15

Tomato is 0.1

They were all at 0.1 but the reality was a 5 fold harvest of tomatoes compared to pinapples and a 3 fold of peppers to pineapples. This may help give pineapples more chance.

36 minutes ago, Winter Steale said:

This stuff all looks awesome. I love all the detail involved. I'm going to use some of these but I'm wondering if the instructions are saying to NOT extract the file? Do you mean take the zipped file or the extracted one to move into the mods folder?

This instruction is for some unzip applications that extract the contents of the folder into a new folder which double nests Mods > ChickenCoops > ChickenCoops. The game will not read it.

Dragging the folder directly out of the zipped folder and into the Mods folder will avoid this.

Regardless of how it is done, the first folder placed within the Mods folder (such as Mods > ChickenCoops) will have a ModInfo file inside. If this is not inside at the top level, the game will not see the Mod.

On 2/14/2022 at 5:09 PM, KailJ said:

EDIT:

I just tested things and it appears to work great! The models used are also wonderful. The only draw back for me is that the production items (bee hives, and crop plots) create items to quickly. Is there a way to slow the production down? Great mod none-the-less.

I have been trying to get this mod to work with smx. how did you get it working?

I do believe there is discussion in this thread where another post shares the same problem. We suggested they rename smx to 0-smx so it loads before any Oakraven mods. Oakraven table settings are loading after and this load order allows the Oak tables to take precedence.

2 hours ago, Aikeen said:

How exactly is the Mincing Machine called? All items works fine but even in the creative Cheat menu if i type "Min" it only shows the Minced Meat and Minced Flesh but no Mincing machine

It is currently called 'Meat Grinder' which is a more industrial name for it due to the size. Mincer / Mince Meat Machine / Mincing Machine are probably more intuitive and better known. It is also called a Meat Mincer Grinder and Meat Mincing Grinder. 'Meat' seems to be the best search parameter for now.

1 hour ago, arramus said:

It is currently called 'Meat Grinder' which is a more industrial name for it due to the size. Mincer / Mince Meat Machine / Mincing Machine are probably more intuitive and better known. It is also called a Meat Mincer Grinder and Meat Mincing Grinder. 'Meat' seems to be the best search parameter for now.

Thank you very much for explaining Sir :) Got it now

Added a couple of updates as follows:

Hydroponic Farm Mod
The wild plants have had their luminescence toned down a bit so they are not glowing from so far away.
They'll continue to go through further lighting tweaks as they are play tested during all the weather types.

Light Off

20220707010332_1.thumb.jpg.1e2bc1d49e7d1adf06da567f3bb006cc.jpg

Light On for the benefit of night time desert harvesting.

20220707010321_1.thumb.jpg.d763ab7ea98f05d2b0dd70248a64a599.jpg

Chicken Coops

A small update to distinguish looted and unlooted nests. Unlooted nests will show as 'full' regardless of the contents. Nests will respawn every 120 minutes.

20220707024222_1.thumb.jpg.1e1ce2a9dbc04132340eb65f9df34219.jpg

And empty nests are just the same as default.

20220707024323_1.thumb.jpg.3156a02d31ccbabc5dc070252b18cd8a.jpg

27 minutes ago, binny said:

could anyone tell me why im not able to right click to put my  chicks into the coop??

I just tested the most recent version to check there are no bugs.

I had 2 chicks in my hand and right clicked when the prompt appeared.

20220708120442_1.thumb.jpg.8a6806f9655b2991430d58eb3e9e36e9.jpg

The two chicks were accepted and removed from the toolbelt.

20220708120446_1.thumb.jpg.50b5bd15e1d787f715329136b7e9fa4a.jpg

I can confirm there were no bugs on a clean Navezgane world.

As for your own setup, can you test it on a clean Navezgane world with no other mods to confirm if the issue persists. It may relate to a conflict, world assets, or other feature.

Pushed a small update to the Cooking Stations.

The Pot Stove icon called PotStove is potstove in xml. The icon was also replaced to potstove but Github didn't recognise the difference and wouldn't update it. It was manually deleted and replaced. It has also been pushed to Moddb. The same also for Big Cooker...

@wickidaurazgaming has systematically introduced each individual mod as a You Tube video hosted on the Wickidauraz channel. They have all been added to the first post as a hyperlink on each mod's name. The pacing of each explanation and the level of clarity serves an international audience very well. Here is a sample of what has been created for the Chicken Coops.

Hello,

I've downloaded the Cooking stations pack, but they dont seem to work. When I attempted to blend something, this message comes up ERR[XUi] error while updating  windowgroup `workstation_silverblender`:. I'd like to note that, by all of them, when you put in wood/coal no burntime appears.

9 hours ago, Frozenflames507 said:

Hello,

I've downloaded the Cooking stations pack, but they dont seem to work. When I attempted to blend something, this message comes up ERR[XUi] error while updating  windowgroup `workstation_silverblender`:. I'd like to note that, by all of them, when you put in wood/coal no burntime appears.

I'm attempting to get the same result with the XUi error.

I grind up some acorns in the Cooking Stations Blender to make Acorn Meal.

20220723104745_1.thumb.jpg.b8dcc4a07f485e260e1aa03dbb7d5b3e.jpg

Then they go in the Cooking Stations Mixer for some Acorn Dough.

20220723104933_1.thumb.jpg.964ca64b120c8a6cacd5869390327c5a.jpg

And the craft into Acorn Bread on the Cooking Stations Pot Stove.

20220723105012_1.thumb.jpg.d63ef1f8cf94962d91959835a2a0feec.jpg

I was unable to duplicate the issue on 3 types of Cooking Station. I can also confirm the Meat Grinder was functioning just fine.

I wonder if you are using a mod that changes the user interface such as SMXUI or something similar that will overwrite the Cooking Stations interface.

I was curious if anyone else is having issues with creating in the hydroponic station. I went to craft and got the error EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. So far everything else is working amazingly and looks beautiful! Just wasn't sure if there is something that I am missing that needs to be done. Thank you in advance.

Edited by itssofluffy94
retested (see edit history)

1 hour ago, itssofluffy94 said:

I was curious if anyone else is having issues with creating in the hydroponic station. I went to craft and got the error EXC NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. So far everything else is working amazingly and looks beautiful! Just wasn't sure if there is something that I am missing that needs to be done. Thank you in advance.

I am just reaching that stage of game play and produced one on the Workbench.

My experience was error free on this occasion.

20220723154617_1.thumb.jpg.a83619d966d1216b6337d5019b69431b.jpg

I wonder if any additional modlets had been added to the World once it was created and up and running. It seems A20 is much less forgiving than previous Alpha builds for adding mods to existing builds. I shall be interested to see if this issue appears for other players as well.

10 hours ago, arramus said:

I'm attempting to get the same result with the XUi error.

I grind up some acorns in the Cooking Stations Blender to make Acorn Meal.

20220723104745_1.thumb.jpg.b8dcc4a07f485e260e1aa03dbb7d5b3e.jpg

Then they go in the Cooking Stations Mixer for some Acorn Dough.

20220723104933_1.thumb.jpg.964ca64b120c8a6cacd5869390327c5a.jpg

And the craft into Acorn Bread on the Cooking Stations Pot Stove.

20220723105012_1.thumb.jpg.d63ef1f8cf94962d91959835a2a0feec.jpg

I was unable to duplicate the issue on 3 types of Cooking Station. I can also confirm the Meat Grinder was functioning just fine.

I wonder if you are using a mod that changes the user interface such as SMXUI or something similar that will overwrite the Cooking Stations interface.

Ah ok, that would be it then. I do have the SMXUI. I use it for the big bagpack. Thanks for the speedy response.

37 minutes ago, Frozenflames507 said:

Ah ok, that would be it then. I do have the SMXUI. I use it for the big bagpack. Thanks for the speedy response.

On some occasions it has been possible to allow the Oakraven mods to load after the SMXUI by renaming it to something like 0-SMXUI so it loads first (numerical and alphabetical load order) and doesn't overwrite things that load after it. Best to test it on a copy save/load out if you do try it to ensure it doesn't cause any issues.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

Arramus, I was able to build the station no problem but I cannot craft compost. So I spawned some in and tried to create the hydroponic seeds and those give the same error as well. Anything crafted through the station is giving me the same error. I will see if it has anything to do with the SMXUI.