(A20) Oakraven Forest Collection

arramus

The Oak Cooking Stations mod has been updated and pushed to the Moddb.

The aim of this update was compliance, integration and expansion.

Here are the additions and changes:

There are two new meal recipes.

Cottage Bake. This recipe requires Minced Meat and Bone Meal, which can only be 'crafted' on the Grinder, in addition to regular resources. This makes it more worthwhile to craft the Grinder since the meal is not locked to any Progression, beyond unlocking the Grinder.

20220813133533_1.thumb.jpg.21eb1c82ab9c4fe6618860ef3b18bc20.jpg

Stats are comparable to Meat Stew.

20220813133603_1.thumb.jpg.3a7a3804c6bf2a7de5812d43be427dfa.jpg

Feral Acorn Bread Casserole. This recipe requires Acorn bread which is governed by both the Blender and Mixer for Acorn Meal and Acorn Dough. It also requires Minced Flesh from the Grinder. This incorporates 3 of the cooking stations.

20220813133546_1.thumb.jpg.b00e87cd291bfe3f64a384d1a9356cde.jpg

There is some game hardcoding for different food types. For example, honey is connected to infection, while stew is connected more to stamina. Since a primary benefit is from the Acorn Bread 'honey' it was added to the infection stats.

20220813134939_1.thumb.jpg.a5918a0d59bf7b72a2acbd14ab8bdbb1.jpg

While it suggests there is No max stamina buff, the player stats suggests a 7 min benefit plus a water benefit. The primary benefits of Food, Health, and Infection cure are the most important thing.

20220813135016_1.thumb.jpg.311cc57053bfb88e127bbac27d28d08e.jpg

With this in mind, the Blender items have also been switched from 'Coffee' to 'Yucca Smoothie' so that the food benefit can show.

4 of the drinks have been updated to show their Food, Health, and Water as these are the primary features. The food wasn't being shown before. The cold resist is just a bonus. ^^

20220813133751_1.thumb.jpg.4d17fd3a8557f8981b606b9d00673776.jpg

The red dreams is all about calming the digestive tract, should that be necessary.

20220813133824_1.thumb.jpg.3c17c011d7f40afbd733605152e71a80.jpg

The updates add to the Cooking Stations mod and help to clarify the function and usefulness of the recipes to allow players to be more selective and know exactly what the primary benefits add.

is it possible to get the mods 1 or two updates prior? The new updated versions are giving error with window group crafting, obj ref not set to instance of obj, has to do with cooking and work stations mods. The tatarin forge also seems to be missing a png. Not sure what's going on, tried downloading twice and still giving the same errors. Errors occur when opening the crafting and selecting any of the craft stations (cooking or work)

when clicking on the oak raven forge, cooker, mixer, slate sink, and other benches in the crafting menu: 
xui error while updating window group 'crafting' 
object reference not set to instance of an object

not sure what you guys changed, but yeah, it's causing serious issues for me now with all work stations, cooking stations, and so on

Edited by Janarah
update (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Janarah said:

is it possible to get the mods 1 or two updates prior? The new updated versions are giving error with window group crafting, obj ref not set to instance of obj, has to do with cooking and work stations mods. The tatarin forge also seems to be missing a png. Not sure what's going on, tried downloading twice and still giving the same errors. Errors occur when opening the crafting and selecting any of the craft stations (cooking or work)

when clicking on the oak raven forge, cooker, mixer, slate sink, and other benches in the crafting menu: 
xui error while updating window group 'crafting' 
object reference not set to instance of an object

not sure what you guys changed, but yeah, it's causing serious issues for me now with all work stations, cooking stations, and so on

Unfortunately, Moddb deletes prior versions and replaces them with the current updated versions.

I'm sorry to hear you are getting these issues because we try to follow a 3 step process to reduce conflicts. For example:

Step 1. Test the update in the mod on its own to check everything checks out; icons, localisation, and no warnings.

Step 2. Integrate the updates into the Oakraven Modpack version to see how it fits in with pretty much the full Collection range, NPC Mod, and other integrated mods. This is done on an existing World and Saves to make sure it is being accepted without issue.

Step 3. Release it as a stand alone mod.

This all checks out on a dedicated test server that is fully up to date.

That being said, this test server only uses the Oakraven Modpack with its necessary Add Ons (Score/XNPCCore) and some very gentle quality of life mods such as vehicle respawner and double skill points.

Just double checking.

This pretty much covers all of the Collection and all updates, plus other things bundled on top.

20220813164007_1.thumb.jpg.3f923c19ca28a73e31b9b75a123fe276.jpg

The new Cottage Bake for the Collection Cooking Stations is crafting.

20220813165503_1.thumb.jpg.80526b3b18f32f0067aea3521badd321.jpg

And over at another wall, the Tatarin Forge is just being loaded up.

20220813165521_1.thumb.jpg.27418a4491fff9b109fc687bead7eaa8.jpg

And a check on the Tatarin Forge for icon/crafting.

The Workbench craft option shows with the icon.

20220813170237_1.thumb.jpg.5fa04192a8e1385b84a86ecd5372cbd9.jpg

The player self-crafting option also appears.

20220813170251_1.thumb.jpg.c18b0b5dd9d3e5222ac7a0fe414cb97c.jpg

If you can share the server log/log it may help us assist with rolling back based on the error you are receiving.

While the older copies have been deleted from Moddb, the Github Modpack compilation keeps a very accurate overview of changes over time.

https://github.com/OAKRAVEN1/Oakraven-Forest-Modlets/commits/main

The Bee Hives received a small update to change their 'food' display (Food/Water/Health/Stamina stats) to the 'infection cure' display (Food/Health/Cure stats) since the primary use is for food and infection as they are dry type food items. This covers the honey bread, honey comb, and honey pumpkin pie. The honey beer remains under the soda speed boost display as this effect will be much more noticeable. It still cures very low infection in the background and this is described in the description area. Unfortunately, both cannot be displayed as the game is not coded in that way.

20220813185250_1.thumb.jpg.208f4bd8f08dc64104f763e5410c700c.jpg

2 hours ago, arramus said:

Just double checking.

This pretty much covers all of the Collection and all updates, plus other things bundled on top.

20220813164007_1.thumb.jpg.3f923c19ca28a73e31b9b75a123fe276.jpg

The new Cottage Bake for the Collection Cooking Stations is crafting.

20220813165503_1.thumb.jpg.80526b3b18f32f0067aea3521badd321.jpg

And over at another wall, the Tatarin Forge is just being loaded up.

20220813165521_1.thumb.jpg.27418a4491fff9b109fc687bead7eaa8.jpg

And a check on the Tatarin Forge for icon/crafting.

The Workbench craft option shows with the icon.

20220813170237_1.thumb.jpg.5fa04192a8e1385b84a86ecd5372cbd9.jpg

The player self-crafting option also appears.

20220813170251_1.thumb.jpg.c18b0b5dd9d3e5222ac7a0fe414cb97c.jpg

If you can share the server log/log it may help us assist with rolling back based on the error you are receiving.

While the older copies have been deleted from Moddb, the Github Modpack compilation keeps a very accurate overview of changes over time.

https://github.com/OAKRAVEN1/Oakraven-Forest-Modlets/commits/main

I'll check my logs once I get a bit of a nap, but I am wondering if the individual modlets are no longer working with df and if that might be the issue. I'll send it to you when I get the chance.

The Work Stations received an update for the Oakraven Copper Forge. It is a contemporary of the Tatarin Forge but with a Steam Punk theme as suggested by @josefdarks. Other features are still being tested in the Modpack for stability and compatability and will be brought into stand alone mods when appropriate.

Oakraven Copper Forge alongside the Tatarin Forge.

20220816102643_1.thumb.jpg.fe201e457cd083fdb0a19c160b0608ac.jpg

HOW ABOUT BEING ABLE TO CREATE STEAM PUNK THEMED BLOCKS OF VARIOUS COLORS WITH SCREW RIVETS IN THE FRAME OF GOLDEN WALLS AND BRONZE AND ANOTHER BLACK METAL WALLS

THAT IS THREE BLOCKS WITH DIFFERENT COLOR BUT SAME THEME

QUE TAL EL PODER CREAR BLOQUES TEMATICA DE ESTEAM PUNK  DE VARIOS COLORES CON REMACHES DE TORNILLOS EN EL MARCO DE LAS PAREDES DORADAS Y PARADES DE BRONCE Y OTRA DE METAL NEGRO 

ES DECIR TRES BLOQUES CON DIFERENTE COLOR PERO MISMA TEMATICA 

Tried to use this mod with Darkness Falls. when crafting "Meat Grinder" an error at the console appears:

[XUi] Error while updating window group 'crafting':
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

image.thumb.png.5e3e0b2022531bc9ec7184f63703f937.png

Any idea how to fix this ?

Edit: The Battery Bank seems to have the same error. While the crafting of the Fish Oven and the Fish Farm seems to be craftable. 

Edited by WhiteLion
update (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, WhiteLion said:

Tried to use this mod with Darkness Falls. when crafting "Meat Grinder" an error at the console appears:

[XUi] Error while updating window group 'crafting':
Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Any idea how to fix this ?

Edit: The Battery Bank seems to have the same error. While the crafting of the Fish Oven and the Fish Farm seems to be craftable. 

@Janarah posted about some recent DF issues with crafting on Oakraven workstations. I believe there may be some discussion happening directly with the DF team. I could place an Oakraven Workstation in DF, and even craft some non Oakraven items on that Oakraven Workstation. However, errors came up when attempting to craft Oakraven recipes. The Oakraven Forest Collection adds directly to the default unmodified files. DF has overhauled a lot of those files and it will require some compatibility patching, which is beyond the scope of this thread.

Hy, So often I can say thank you a lot Modding team for such great work.  I am not sure if it is a known problem, but when I load the game I get some yellow bug (particel effect) when steam is loading Fish Farm, Working stations and torches) A friend of me says red warnings from torches, but he didn´t see exactly what. Is it a known problem? Best regards

26 minutes ago, Ru Melin said:

Hy, So often I can say thank you a lot Modding team for such great work.  I am not sure if it is a known problem, but when I load the game I get some yellow bug (particel effect) when steam is loading Fish Farm, Working stations and torches) A friend of me says red warnings from torches, but he didn´t see exactly what. Is it a known problem? Best regards

It is known that there will be some yellow warnings for particle effects as steam is loading. It reads the particles as being duplicated for whatever reason.

Red warnings from the torches mod is something I haven't experienced yet, simply because I haven't used them enough. If you friend can copy their log or share a good quality screenshot of the warning it will help understand what is happening.

On 8/16/2022 at 5:55 PM, arramus said:

@Janarah posted about some recent DF issues with crafting on Oakraven workstations. I believe there may be some discussion happening directly with the DF team. I could place an Oakraven Workstation in DF, and even craft some non Oakraven items on that Oakraven Workstation. However, errors came up when attempting to craft Oakraven recipes. The Oakraven Forest Collection adds directly to the default unmodified files. DF has overhauled a lot of those files and it will require some compatibility patching, which is beyond the scope of this thread.

thanx for your fast answer. My experience it is the same as you mentioned. Sadly I am not skilled to make the mod work with Darkness Falls.

The Sign Cupboards (Storage Boxes) mod has been an update.

Since they require 2 forged iron to make, their material has been upgrades from Reinforced Wood to Metal. This should give them invulnerability in mods which use the new 'Score fire' that can burn many types of material and ultimately destroy them.

An additional Work Station crafting table joins the Work Station mod.

Ammo Bench. It can be crafted from Skill 1 Advanced Engineering and provides a standalone compact ammo crafting device.

20220821180040_1.thumb.jpg.f0b90742592fa59ff9051feb2f8ff67e.jpg

It requires no fuel/power to operate but does need a battery to craft.

20220821225805_1.thumb.jpg.9ed5fbb64cc6e51c406376cf4686b245.jpg

20220821230304_1.thumb.jpg.1494526a0cb9cfe418cdd52986c68997.jpg

3 hours ago, swmeek said:

Here's hoping the Tatarin Forge icon shows in my inventory as before it wasn't showing except as a blank square.

If the icon isn't showing up with the latest build, I shall talk with Oakraven about doing some renaming to remove some characters which may not be compatible with everyone's setup.

4 hours ago, swmeek said:

Here's hoping the Tatarin Forge icon shows in my inventory as before it wasn't showing except as a blank square.

Actually... this is quite a common issue for some installations, but not all. It appears to be linked to some non English text and some computers may not have all the appropriate language packs available.

The Work Stations mod was uploaded again with as much as possible put into the English format. There is non English text in the localisation but that will not be an issue. The unity resource which holds the actual model is not in the English format but that would have to be an Oakraven thing. The icon, and everything else has changed.

It means you'll need to remove your current Tatarin Forge before installing this one and then adding this new version.

I tried it without removing mine first and it just disappeared. However, it was only that mod on Navezgane so I can't be sure of the impact on multiple mods.

I was gonna check it but didn't have a claim block down to be able to pick it up and see but before the update there was no icon for me.

It is in the mod folder though.

1 minute ago, arramus said:

Actually... this is quite a common issue for some installations, but not all. It appears to be linked to some non English text and some computers may not have all the appropriate language packs available.

The Work Stations mod was uploaded again with as much as possible put into the English format. There is non English text in the localisation but that will not be an issue. The unity resource which holds the actual model is not in the English format but that would have to be an Oakraven thing. The icon, and everything else has changed.

It means you'll need to remove your current Tatarin Forge before installing this one and then adding this new version.

I tried it without removing mine first and it just disappeared. However, it was only that mod on Navezgane so I can't be sure of the impact on multiple mods.

Ok will do ! 

ALL THE ESTEAM PUNK THEME MUST HAVE STEAM ESPECIALLY FACTORIES AND FACTORIES A COMPLETE INDUSTRILIZATION BY STEAM

I MADE A FACTORY WHERE I USE FORGING AND BE ABLE TO CREATE MATERIALS LIKE NAILS, CEMENT AND OTHERS, BUT I DON'T SEE THE SENSE OF IT IF STEAM IS NOT COMING OUT, IT LOOKS LITTLE IMMERSIVE AND ITS MODS ARE RELATED TO ESTEAMUNK. VAPORS OF COLORS I'M SURE THAT THE FACTORY THAT I MADE WOULD MAKE SENSE AND NOT ONLY A FACTORY YOU CAN ALSO CREATE A BAKERY AND WITH A CHIMNEY... IT WILL LOOK ELEGANT... BUT I AM MORE IN THE INDUSTRY WHAT I LIKE THE MOST ABOUT IT GAME IS THE FORGE AND TO BE ABLE TO CREATE MATERIALS, CONSTRUCTION AND BUILDING..

IN MY FACTORY, ITS CEMENT MACHINE AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES OF ITS MOD ARE VERY GOOD.. I ONLY NEED THE STEAM THROUGH A PIPE OR CHIMNEY WITH SOME STEAM SOUND EFFECT LIKE A RETRO FUTURISTIC ESTAMPUNK.. NO ONE WANTED OR THOUGHT OF CREATING A STEAM FIREPLACES MOD IS WHAT YOUR MOD NEEDED TO BE THE MOST ESTEAMUNK AT A COMPLETE IMMERSION LEVEL BECAUSE ITS MOD HAS EVERYTHING IT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES I ALWAYS WANTED AN ESTEAM PUNK THEME IN THE GAME... ALREADY CREATED AN AMMUNITION PRESS 

TODO LA TEMATICA ESTEAM PUNK DEBE TENER VAPOR SOBRE TODO LAS FABRICAS Y FACTORIAS UNA COMPLETA INDUSTRILIZACION POR VAPOR 

E ECHO UNA FACTORIA DONDE USO LA FORJA Y PODER CREAR MATERIALES COMO CLAVOS CEMENTO Y DEMAS PERO NO LE VEO SENTIDO SI NO SALE VAPOR SE VE POCO IMMERSIVO Y SU MODS ESTA RELACIONADOS CON ESTEAMPUNK.. SERIA DE AGRADECER QUE CREARA ALGUNA QUE OTRA CHIMENEA CON DIFERENTES VAPORES DE COLORES SEGURO QUE A SI ABRIA TENIDO SENTIDO LA FABRICA QUE E ECHO Y NO SOLO UNA FABRICA TAMBIEN SE PUEDE CREAR UNA PANADERIA Y CON UNA CHIMENA.. QUEDARA  ELEGANTE.. PERO YO SOY MAS DE LA INDUSTRIA LO QUE MAS ME GUSTA DE EL JUEGO ES LA FORJA Y PODER CREAR MATERIALES LA CONSTRUCCION Y EDIFICACION.. 

EN MI FABRICA SU MAQUINA DE CEMENTO Y DEMAS TECNOLOGIAS DE SU MOD QUEDAN MUY BIEN.. SOLO ME FALTA EL VAPOR POR ALGUN CONDUCTO DE TUBERIA O CHIMENEA CON ALGUN EFFECTO DE SONIDO DE VAPOR A SI COMO ESTAMPUNK RETRO FUTURISTA.. NADIE QUSIO O PENSO EN CREAR UN MOD DE CHIMENEAS DE VAPOR ES LO QUE LE HACE FALTA A SU MOD PARA SER LO MAS ESTEAMPUNK A NIVEL IMMERSION COMPLETA POR QUE SU MOD HAY DE TODO ES UNO DE MIS FAVORITOS SIEMPRE QUISE TEMATICA ESTEAM PUNK EN EL JUEGO.. YA A CREADO UNA PRENSA DE MUNICION

FACTORY.jpg

Edited by josefdarks (see edit history)

Hy I get a yellow warning so often in the game when I am flying over the map. Something that there is missing 1 or so. I don´t forget this. I used a lot of mods from here, too. Furthermoree NPC Mod and Wasteland. I here in the internet that it could be a problem with the bees and Chicks coops. Is it right? Can I do something?

Best gerards

Ahh... it was Invalid layer index "1

I am not sure, if I see in the wilderniss bee trees from Ouk? perhaps they don´t spawn. There must be a better way to handle this because the failure comes so often in the log, that all is yellow.

And furthermore, thanks for the great Mod!