(A20) Oakraven Forest Collection

arramus

A21 versions that are carried over can be found here.

Introduction
The Oakraven Forest Collection offers an experimental ‘pick and mix’ bundle of Quality of Life modlets to enhance your 7D2D experience. It is brought to you by oakraven and arramus. These modlets will be regularly updated based on feedback, and the number of modlets will continue to increase as they move from development stage to experimental release, and then to stable.

They can be added as standalone individual modlets, or combined to cover many aspects of game-play. Since these modlets contain custom content, they must be installed in your ‘Mods’ folder on both the server and within player game files.

Detailed Installation Instructions

For Server Admin/Hosts and Players who have never installed a 7D2D mod before, here are some simple step by step instructions.

1. If you've never installed a mod before, it is necessary to create a 'Mods' folder in the main directory (typically: \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die).
If you have a custom install or your server host has modified the installation location, then you may have to explore.

2. Simply make a new folder called Mods (with a capital M to reflect standard nomenclature) in your '7 Days To Die' main directory folder.

3. You can now drag the mod or collection of mod folder(s) directly out of the zipped file and it can be placed into the Mods folder.

Does this Mod need to be installed in the server/client host? = YES
Do players also need to install this Mod? = YES

If players do not install the same mods as the Server/Host, they will not be able to join.

The Oakraven Forest Collection is stored on Moddb and can be viewed and downloaded here as individual modlets. No need to Log-in to download.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/oakraven-forest-collection

Alternatively, you can download each modlet individually on their own page. Again, downloads do not require Log-in.

@wickidaurazgaming has kindly created some instructional videos to demonstrate how to use the mods.

The videos are directly linked back to wickidaurazgaming's You Tube channel and can be reached by clicking on the link embedded in the mod name.

Current Available Mods and Mods in Progress
1. Chicken Coops and chicken related features: Download from Moddb here.

2. Bee Hives and bee related features: Download from Moddb here.

3. Custom Work Stations with related custom features: Download from Moddb here.

4. Hydroponic Underground Farming and related features: Download from Moddb here.

5. Custom Cooking Stations with related custom features: Download from Moddb here.

6. Power Things. Download from Moddb here.

7. Oak Dragon User Interface with custom theme and icons. Download from Moddb here.

8. Torches and Lights. Download from Moddb here.

9. Drawbridges (Walkways). Download from Moddb here.

10. Water Wells and Sinks. Download from Moddb here.

11. Sign Cupboards for writeable storage. Download from Moddb here.

12. Rock Drill for mining resources. Download from Moddb here.

13. Fish Farm for farming fish. Download from Moddb here.

14. Music Decor for interactive decorations. Download from Moddb here.
15. Steampunk Lights (and Jukebox). Download from Moddb here.

16. Fish Traps. Download from Moddb here.

17. Monobikes. Download from Moddb here.

In addition to the individual introduction videos linked to mods, here are a couple of general all-in-one type overview videos.

Edited by arramus
Monobikes (see edit history)

• arramus changed the title to (A20) Oakraven Forest Collection
24 minutes ago, MikeyUK said:

Looks interesting thanks!

Moddb has had no 7Days content since 2019 and very little even then (and the site is stuck in the dark ages), not sure it deserves your work!  Nexus Mods or https://7daystodiemods.com/ would be a better fit I think.

Thank you for the overview of Moddb and 7daystodiemods.com.

For your information, 7daystodiemods.com is a redirect hub which publicises mods stored elsewhere. It hosts no content of its own. Everything here will be shared on 7daystodiemods.com by default because the owner is very diligent and dedicated to creating a page for an abundance of 7 Days to Die mods. Therefore, modders have very little choice in that matter and pretty much like it or not, it will be on 7daystodiemods.com.

Moddb is most certainly one of, if not, the oldest modding community. Regardless of its 'Dark Age' image, it unites developers for 'pure' gaming like no other community I have used before. It allows individual files of 8GB to be uploaded from the Desktop and 16GB files to be uploaded by URL. It does not require end users to log in to download files. Administration of a project can be shared across multiple authors. These 'Dark Age' features suit the purpose of this collection quite well, thank you. Moddb now has some new 7 Days to Die content.

I joined Moddb on May 6, 2006, and have some fond experiences working on Star Wars Republic Commando mods, Killing Floor mods, F.E.A.R. mods, and whatever else was kicking around during this time period. I am not always sure I deserve to be on Moddb.

An image of two to highlight some of the mod features.

The Bee Hives. Go out into the biome and you may find a log housing bees. Chop the log and you may find a Queen Bee. Bring the Queen Bee back to one of the variety of Bee Hives and place her using the default RMB. In time, she will populate a colony which produces honey. There are a few recipes to put that honey to extra use. It was a lot of fun working with oakraven on this modlet. It took time to optimise the models to ensure the were rendering well, ensure their lighting matched the surrounding area, get the animations and sound to be fitting, and watch how the innovative log system went from a deco spawning item to becoming a 'living entity'. The log which houses the bee is actually an entity. It will spawn in one place and then despawn, only to respawn elsewhere. This keeps the environment dynamic and interesting. It is all very experimental and if there are any issues, oakraven will most certainly be reading carefully and checking. Don't expect a reply though. ^^

20220121153954_1.thumb.jpg.410d9e8e94d30b19aab08de435ce2f51.jpg

One of a variety of stumps/logs. This may well even be an older outdated version, as the newer versions are very pretty. But you get the idea, chop at it and release the Queen Bee. I forget if they can sting you during the process as there are so many mods at any given time.

20220121164046_1.thumb.jpg.3214fca96540a87492a6c3746e8d27d3.jpg

21 minutes ago, arramus said:

Thank you for the overview of Moddb and 7daystodiemods.com.

For your information, 7daystodiemods.com is a redirect hub which publicises mods stored elsewhere. It hosts no content of its own. Everything here will be shared on 7daystodiemods.com by default because the owner is very diligent and dedicated to creating a page for an abundance of 7 Days to Die mods. Therefore, modders have very little choice in that matter and pretty much like it or not, it will be on 7daystodiemods.com.

Moddb is most certainly one of, if not, the oldest modding community. Regardless of its 'Dark Age' image, it unites developers for 'pure' gaming like no other community I have used before. It allows individual files of 8GB to be uploaded from the Desktop and 16GB files to be uploaded by URL. It does not require end users to log in to download files. Administration of a project can be shared across multiple authors. These 'Dark Age' features suit the purpose of this collection quite well, thank you. Moddb now has some new 7 Days to Die content.

I joined Moddb on May 6, 2006, and have some fond experiences working on Star Wars Republic Commando mods, Killing Floor mods, F.E.A.R. mods, and whatever else was kicking around during this time period. I am not always sure I deserve to be on Moddb.

Sorry for any offense caused, not my intention.  I too have had a ModDB account since Mar 17, 2009 albeit as a user (must have been a 2nd account, my Steam account is 18 years old), I have fond memories of it for countless years of modded content I have got from there, HL, HL2, C&C Generals and whatnot.  Nowadays it's just not a super user friendly site but that is obviously personal preference and I apologise.  

Edited by MikeyUK (see edit history)

1 minute ago, MikeyUK said:

Sorry for any offense caused, not my intention  I too have had a ModDB account since Mar 17, 2009 albeit as a user (must have been a 2nd account, my Steam account is 18 years old), I have fond memories of it for countless years of modded content I have got from there, HL, HL2, C&C Generals and whatnot.  Nowadays it's just not a super user friendly site but that is obviously personal preference and I apologise.  

No worries at all. I have seen a small minority of rancid users on Moddb, who are just as comparably rancid to the small minority on Nexus, which also serves the community very well. It's just one of those things I suppose. I like to post in here and primarily host on Moddb with some posting where necessary. It is much more about the collaboration features which is the biggest draw. Posting here is decent because if things get a touch excessive, the Moderators respond very quickly and fairly.

This mod adds custom 'Cooking Stations' such as mixers, blenders, a mincing machine, and oven type appliances. There are some experimental recipes to try... very experimental.

You will notice the NPCMod fox waiting for the mincing machine to complete its cycle.

20220126152601_1.thumb.jpg.019a5937f38039c0bdacdaac672992cb.jpg

This image was taken during testing and Quality Control to check for bugs. It shows some of the custom icons and tools which are put in some of the appliances. Without the tools, some items cannot be chopped, blended, etc.

20220126152258_1.thumb.jpg.5a09ba350f1f3657c86c234952fbd93b.jpg

Thank you very much Arramus and Oakraven.
The object modeling is beautiful, but the one that caught me the most is the farming one and I see that it adds more crops (although I don't use farmplots, I like more to plow the land and cultivate), I'll take a look at them tonight.
Regards

Hydroponic Underground Farming mod allows you to grow your plants and crops in areas without light using hydroponic farm plots.

This mod was in development from A19 and still allows the crops to 'respawn' as seedlings to provide an endless supply.

Prepare your substrate and seeds on the Hydroponic Workbench.

20220119134042_1.thumb.jpg.a879fc71de56641644be345888731bd1.jpg

And watch them grow. The lighting offers a very nice ambiance.

20220119123154_1.thumb.jpg.3dc1c901e3f7aa99bd227c813431e0ef.jpg

You know what to do from here.

20220119134014_1.thumb.jpg.56e81ec07db11b98a1de959351e343f7.jpg

These are from the Workstations Mod. They have some very pretty animations and particles. It was a pleasure to watch oakraven take these through a number of candidate versions until this is what was settled on.

20220215035006_1.thumb.jpg.661db8f5c58d724a92998a43c036b54b.jpg

The Power Things are coming soon...

20220215035041_1.thumb.jpg.7c77f68c7633ef4e943f602a8e8109e6.jpg

I am very interested in your modlet, but I do have a question on compatibility. I use the SMX system and was wanting to know if there would be any type of conflicts that would break the game. Most commonly are problems with the forge, chemistry bench and so on. If not I would love to give your mod a try. I like mods that add additional content to the game to make things more immersive.

1 hour ago, KailJ said:

I am very interested in your modlet, but I do have a question on compatibility. I use the SMX system and was wanting to know if there would be any type of conflicts that would break the game. Most commonly are problems with the forge, chemistry bench and so on. If not I would love to give your mod a try. I like mods that add additional content to the game to make things more immersive.

EDIT:

I just tested things and it appears to work great! The models used are also wonderful. The only draw back for me is that the production items (bee hives, and crop plots) create items to quickly. Is there a way to slow the production down? Great mod none-the-less.

2 hours ago, KailJ said:

EDIT:

I just tested things and it appears to work great! The models used are also wonderful. The only draw back for me is that the production items (bee hives, and crop plots) create items to quickly. Is there a way to slow the production down? Great mod none-the-less.

It is possible to add a craft time manually to their recipes.

For example, the Bee Hives currently use:

<recipe name="SquareHiveEmpty" count="1" craft_area="workbench" tags="workbenchCrafting">

and this can be changed to:

<recipe name="SquareHiveEmpty" count="1" craft_time="150" craft_area="workbench" tags="workbenchCrafting">

with the additional  craft_time="150" to force a 2 and a half minutes craft time. This can apply to SquareHiveEmpty and BeeHiveEmpty for the two available.

This is really sweet work here, wife and i love it. is there plans for more recipes using the new veggies? also we cannot seem to find the bee log spawning for us but maybe its because we use several zombie mods and it prevents the bee logs from popping in? anyway, keep up the greatness, cheers.

2 hours ago, Khayotik said:

This is really sweet work here, wife and i love it. is there plans for more recipes using the new veggies? also we cannot seem to find the bee log spawning for us but maybe its because we use several zombie mods and it prevents the bee logs from popping in? anyway, keep up the greatness, cheers.

Oakraven will be very glad to hear you like the new farming features, and there are most certainly recipes being created for the new veggies. It is actually a priority because they will become redundant without them.

The bee logs are set to spawn in the Pine Forest area for both day and night at the same frequency. They are in their very own spawning group which allows them to take priority to spawn and this helps avoid any conflict or competition with other mods. If your World has reached its maximum zombies spawns, then they may need a chance to spawn once a zombie or two has been eliminated.

And feel free to suggest a recipe or two, based on the ingredients available.

Great work on the mods! I really like all of them. Unfortunately, for some reason I am unable to unlock the recipes for everything except the chicken coops, and bee hives. I can't unlock the workstations, or the hydroponic farms. I have all the advanced engineering perks, but nothing is unlockable. I even tried using the workbench schematic and still nothing. Any ideas?

I just checked, and none of the cooking stations are unlocking as well.  I went into a creative world, and I can put them down using the creative menu. They all work fine. I just cannot unlock them via perks. Any help is greatly appreciated, and keep up the awesome work!

Edited by DrEffnZoidberg (see edit history)

Here is an update for the Hydroponic Underground Farming mod.

At Skill Level 2 for Living off the Land, you will see additional text relating to Hydroponic Farming.

Once this Skill is unlocked, players will have access to all of the features it offers.

20220217114652_1.thumb.jpg.c0ada452b26270f0054ee845c23ead8f.jpg

Here we can create the Hydroponic Workbench. It takes 4:32 to manufacture on the Workbench.

20220217114914_1.thumb.jpg.1b9d95906cc277e1636d5c419c8d4806.jpg

However, putting skill onto your Intellect Engineer track, also allows it to be manufactured at a faster rate.

20220217115010_1.thumb.jpg.be086a94d4801fe625278c1765321d11.jpg

The Hydroponic Workbench allows players to use the full range of Hydroponic features. Back to the recipes......

20220217115132_1.thumb.jpg.d4deb0d3813ce31dbd2fb94c75bc15a2.jpg

4 hours ago, DrEffnZoidberg said:

Great work on the mods! I really like all of them. Unfortunately, for some reason I am unable to unlock the recipes for everything except the chicken coops, and bee hives. I can't unlock the workstations, or the hydroponic farms. I have all the advanced engineering perks, but nothing is unlockable. I even tried using the workbench schematic and still nothing. Any ideas?

I just checked, and none of the cooking stations are unlocking as well.  I went into a creative world, and I can put them down using the creative menu. They all work fine. I just cannot unlock them via perks. Any help is greatly appreciated, and keep up the awesome work!

Yes, an oversight for progression and unlocks...

The Hydroponic Farming mod has been updated and will unlock from Skill 2 for Living off the Land.

Cooking Stations and Workstations next, thank you.

The Work Stations have been added to Progression based on their default types.

Oakraven Forge at Skill 1 Engineering.

20220217144705_1.thumb.jpg.d1afe441dc16a02f1627ac4e0c9f12d4.jpg

Oakraven Powder Mixer at Skill 2 Engineering.

20220217144709_1.thumb.jpg.4c43ec02f22844c9eafb26cab017abb3.jpg

And the Oakraven Chemistry Station at Skill 1 Physician.

20220217144700_1.thumb.jpg.b7670955e67fbdce70fcc91a59c594da.jpg

Pretty.

20220217145208_1.thumb.jpg.c5427999a3e8813094a486bde4b9d82d.jpg

7 hours ago, DrEffnZoidberg said:

That should have hooked them all up to Perks/Skills, etc with localisation to show what Skill Points need to be used.

Thank you for reporting this issue, as it's no use having Stations and Farming features that cannot be accessed.

Recipes....