military stealth boots

Reddevil

You might be able to get them as a reward from a trader quest or you can loot a pair. Granted this is very very random. I made a blue set that has everything in it I want. The extra slot would be nice and maybe slightly better stats. The value of a level six pair kind of depends on how much of a perfectionist you are.

3 hours ago, Boidster said:

You'll first start to get Q6 Tier-2 items (like Military Boots) at lootstage 116. Military Boots show up in all sorts of containers and also as quest rewards. They are definitely not craft-only - all Q6 stuff is loot-, reward-, or buy-only.

18 hours ago, Mday said:

I found a lv6 stealth boot this current game. It is from an airdrop bundle.

The Stealth Boots as loot? The ones unlocked separately from the military armor set by Urban Combat Vol. 1 and were crafting only in A19? I suspect people need to get their eye glasses prescription confirmed if they think they got it in loot. Military Boots and Military Stealth Boots are not the same item.

On 1/11/2022 at 5:39 PM, Reddevil said:

One of my players asked if there was an in game way of getting lvl 6 stealth boots. As far as I know they are craft only correct which means you cant get them at lvl 6 unless you pull them from the creative menu. Is this correct?

Vanilla game, correct.  There are some mods out there though that brought back Q6 crafting.  I am currently modding my game to give the player the ability to craft any item Q6.

33 minutes ago, Boidster said:

YES! Are you also removing Q6 from loot? It's time for us Advanced Engineering nerds to assert our dominance!

No, but I did make adjustments that I am currently testing out:

• Loot - probability of Q3 or higher is now a flat 0.05
  • Traders - only sell Q6 gear and jacked up the prices.  Also limited the number of Q6 gear offered at each trader.  Haven't touched the trader quest rewards yet, but I think that will happen eventually.

Q6 is gated though.  In my vision, the main perk (for example Boomstick) only allows you to craft up to Q3 for T1, Q2 for T2, and Q3 for T1.  You have to unlock a new perk in Int tree to craft higher (3 perk levels for T1, 4 perk levels for T2, and all 5 perk levels for T3).  So to craft a Q6 T3 equipment, you need one perk in the main and unlock all 5 levels of my new perk in Int tree (requires Int 10).  Still testing to determine if that is the best way or maybe tying it into another perk like Advanced Engineering

<insertBefore xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkBoomstick']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='BlockDamage']">
        <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="1,2,3,4,5" value="1,2,2,2,2" tags="T1Shotgun"/>
        <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="1,2,3,4,5" value="0,0,1,1,1" tags="T2Shotgun"/>    
        <passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="1,2,3,4,5" value="0,0,0,0,0" tags="T3Shotgun"/>
    </insertBefore>

On 1/13/2022 at 3:53 AM, hiemfire said:

The Stealth Boots as loot? The ones unlocked separately from the military armor set by Urban Combat Vol. 1 and were crafting only in A19? I suspect people need to get their eye glasses prescription confirmed if they think they got it in loot. Military Boots and Military Stealth Boots are not the same item.

that is a rather offensive way to put doubt on what other player's experience. Yes it is the stealth boots. I know what I've found.

1 hour ago, Mday said:

that is a rather offensive way to put doubt on what other player's experience. Yes it is the stealth boots. I know what I've found.

Are you sure they weren't just the military boots?

I just checked both the loot and traders xml files and armorMilitaryStealthBoots are not in either of those files.  It is a craftable only item in vanilla 7D2D that you can get to Quality 5.

Search for armorMilitaryBoots

image.png.7d16d4c5f5966d508640a0db1d1d003b.png

Search for armorMilitaryStealthBoots

image.png.406a69143f7f93be89c98a34b18c01d3.png

If you are playing a modded game, they might have been added in those files.

36 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Are you sure they weren't just the military boots?

I just checked both the loot and traders xml files and armorMilitaryStealthBoots are not in either of those files.  It is a craftable only item in vanilla 7D2D that you can get to Quality 5.

Search for armorMilitaryBoots

image.png.7d16d4c5f5966d508640a0db1d1d003b.png

Search for armorMilitaryStealthBoots

image.png.406a69143f7f93be89c98a34b18c01d3.png

If you are playing a modded game, they might have been added in those files.

It is modded indeed as I have just found out.

If we can't craft purple items because....they were made with pre-apocalypse manufacturing and knowhow, and can only find them in pre-apocalypse loot, then it doesn't make sense that we could craft an improved version of military armor that we CANNOT find in pre-apocalypse loot.

Three Orange Whips and one Vanilla Fix please!

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Edited by Morloc (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, POCKET951 said:

on the topic of boots, what are my best bets for looting high performance running shoes? shoe containers? clothing stores?

Probably the piles of shoes and shoe shelves in stores is going to be the highest odds-per-container-searched, since they only return from the "ApparelShoesAll" loot group. But you can find the shoes anywhere you might find clothes - dressers, luggage, lockers, clothing store shelves, etc. Also coffins, desks, Savage Country crates.

The shoe piles/shelves pull from the group below which has a 1.2% chance of producing the HP runners. This group also shows up in the Savage Country crates, but there it has to compete with other loot groups.

<lootgroup name="groupApparelShoesAll">
    <item name="apparelWornBoots" mods="dye" mod_chance="0"/>
    <item name="apparelCowboyBoots" mods="dye" mod_chance="0"/>
    <item name="apparelGothBoots" mods="dye" mod_chance="0"/>
    <item name="apparelSuitDressShoes" mods="dye" mod_chance="0"/>
    <item name="apparelRunningShoesRegular" loot_prob_template="low"/>
    <item name="apparelRunningShoesHP" loot_prob_template="veryLow"/>
</lootgroup>

17 minutes ago, Boidster said:

Probably the piles of shoes and shoe shelves in stores is going to be the highest odds-per-container-searched, since they only return from the "ApparelShoesAll" loot group. But you can find the shoes anywhere you might find clothes - dressers, luggage, lockers, clothing store shelves, etc. Also coffins, desks, Savage Country crates.

The shoe piles/shelves pull from the group below which has a 1.2% chance of producing the HP runners. This group also shows up in the Savage Country crates, but there it has to compete with other loot groups.

<lootgroup name="groupApparelShoesAll">
    <item name="apparelWornBoots" mods="dye" mod_chance="0"/>
    <item name="apparelCowboyBoots" mods="dye" mod_chance="0"/>
    <item name="apparelGothBoots" mods="dye" mod_chance="0"/>
    <item name="apparelSuitDressShoes" mods="dye" mod_chance="0"/>
    <item name="apparelRunningShoesRegular" loot_prob_template="low"/>
    <item name="apparelRunningShoesHP" loot_prob_template="veryLow"/>
</lootgroup>

Thanks, I wonder if this is also affected by the 255+ lootstage bug that they are working on fixing, I would assume so