Do people use the the santa hat and candy cane?

ricp

Not going to lie, I'm not a big fan of "thematic" items in the game, but I've used the candy cane a few times when I've had nothing else.

Unsure if they've been buffed/nerfed in A20, but the cane was pretty OP in A19 as I remember it. Perhaps I'm wrong with that, and really it was just the same specs as a bone knife.

Are you happy running with them as part of your loadout, or do you drop them for something "more realistic" as soon as possible, even if the quality/damage of the new thing isn't as good?

For me it's all about the base stats. That's really all I care about. I'm not overly concerned with looks. They're a nice novelty item, but that is about the extent of it.

Personally, it would be more interesting if they were mods. Maybe if they went into the Dye slot just to change the appearance.

Great, now I want to write a mod for that, and don't have the time.  It should be pretty easy though....

10 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Great, now I want to write a mod for that, and don't have the time.  It should be pretty easy though....

So we should expect it in the next hour or so?  Don't worry, Star69 has the General Support section covered while you work on it  😉

1 hour ago, SylenThunder said:

For me it's all about the base stats. That's really all I care about. I'm not overly concerned with looks. They're a nice novelty item, but that is about the extent of it.

Personally, it would be more interesting if they were mods. Maybe if they went into the Dye slot just to change the appearance.

That mod finished yet? 😛

So I'm not a big fan of thematic items either, but the stats on them are pretty good. They're also not unrealistic at all.

More realistic? Like what, the pipe machinegun? Santa hats are real things. Pipe machineguns? Yeah, kids don't try this one at home.

Plastic candycane, sharpened into a shiv, completely doable.

Then there is the fact that very little in this game is realistic, so yeah, I'm going to go with the best stats, because survival is about brining your A game.

I love the Santa Hat so much that Dough made me a mod on request to be able to craft them. LOL But that was a seasonal need, so I'm over that until sometime in November. I also use the candy cane club and knife when I find them. Again, when seasonably appropriate. :D 

1 hour ago, Urban Blackbear said:

Plastic? I just thought those were real candycanes. Mine always end up going through a shiv stage when I eat them. I do have a Santa hat in one playthrough but its only QL1.

Well yeah, you could shiv someone with a real candycane too, them things are dangerous.

12 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

For me it's all about the base stats. That's really all I care about. I'm not overly concerned with looks.

Yeah, that's the disappointing thing about them, they are better than the trash they should be. So I understand why people would use them.

Me? I just find them too gimmicky and it's not like I'm in any danger of death by not using them.

14 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

I'll go a step further, make all the melee items have the candy cane tint, or make a candy cane version of every melee weapon. I personally can't do it because I don't have the means of using a 3D editing tool or the artistic ability.