A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

5 hours ago, ghostsniper said:

Thanks for helpin, but I think the two mods themselves messed my world a little, so I won't install anymore than what I have that works. Lol. So, when I installed the two "Core mods" I went into my world and I had two bikes (one for me and the other for my other account) they are now both white (was red and blue) and whatever was in them disappeared.... Also, they both show yellow icon on map like I own them, but I only own one and the other my other account own. So funny.

😆 Luckily I checked mostly everything else and nothing changed.

1 question: the EAC has to be off? Cant use those mods with EAC on? Isn't EAC (easy anti cheat) so that no one hacks your game? Or is it not capatable?

Waiting on ur reply

As @bdubyah said, EAC has to be off. Basically, it has a "whitelist" of .dll's and executable code, and if there is something that doesn't match that whitelist, it won't start the game. So, any mod with custom C# code or .dll's will not work with EAC.

And, yes, you need to start a new game after you install these mods. It's a good idea with all mods, but especially with any mod that has C# code or adds factions.

Regarding your first question about the "friendly" RaiderGurlz. All you have to do is install the modlet as usual, but you still need to install 1-RaiderGurlzPack as well, since that has all the Unity assets and the original entity classes. Just drop both into your "Mods" folder like any other mods.

But, keep in mind that it won't remove the non-friendly versions. Also, it only adds the friendly Gurlz to the "WildGameForest" spawn group, so they'll only spawn in the forest biome, and at very low probabilities.

3 hours ago, khzmusik said:

As @bdubyah said, EAC has to be off. Basically, it has a "whitelist" of .dll's and executable code, and if there is something that doesn't match that whitelist, it won't start the game. So, any mod with custom C# code or .dll's will not work with EAC.

And, yes, you need to start a new game after you install these mods. It's a good idea with all mods, but especially with any mod that has C# code or adds factions.

Regarding your first question about the "friendly" RaiderGurlz. All you have to do is install the modlet as usual, but you still need to install 1-RaiderGurlzPack as well, since that has all the Unity assets and the original entity classes. Just drop both into your "Mods" folder like any other mods.

But, keep in mind that it won't remove the non-friendly versions. Also, it only adds the friendly Gurlz to the "WildGameForest" spawn group, so they'll only spawn in the forest biome, and at very low probabilities.

Ok, I see.I   think three mods is enough anyway, since I have two other family members who will join me too, and plus I would have to install on those laptops as well. Anyway, thanks bunches 👍

So I am having trouble getting the Core mod to work on my SteamOS.  I have it in the ModLauncher and it crashes on creating a world but in Navezgane it brings up error codes which mentions the Core mod in red text.  his mod has the most acceptable NPCs and I want to get this working.  I did install Win10 on the Deck and played hours on the WotW mod with your mod.  But that never worked on SteamOS...    I do not know how to put a txt file on here since it only accepts image files too.....

9 hours ago, minisith said:

So I am having trouble getting the Core mod to work on my SteamOS.  I have it in the ModLauncher and it crashes on creating a world but in Navezgane it brings up error codes which mentions the Core mod in red text.  his mod has the most acceptable NPCs and I want to get this working.  I did install Win10 on the Deck and played hours on the WotW mod with your mod.  But that never worked on SteamOS...    I do not know how to put a txt file on here since it only accepts image files too.....

I'm not familiar with SteamOS, but if you post a link to your log file, we will try to help.  A list of log locations can be found in earlier posts in this thread.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:41 AM, kass said:

i have a question is this mod compatible with undead legacy? cause i have the npc spawning but now theres no dialog for them to be hired and same with all the traders?

This will sound ridiculous, but I've never done programming, and I don't even know English (as now, I use a translator). Nevertheless, since the Undead Legacy game interface has captured my heart (this is a modern, very orderly, extremely convenient and refreshing overhaul of the game), I have been playing with it for 3 months now, and every time I see this or that excellent mod, I try to adapt it exclusively by comparative visual analysis of files, comparing similar xml similar mods, haha.

Thus, for example, it was possible to adapt a number of transport mods by the author of Zilox's (armored personnel carriers, helicopters, SUVs), which have a load capacity = 0 in the Undead Legacy, and there are also no lines of code responsible for the appearance of a vehicle refueling icon in the radial menu, and they did not go.

In the case of the mod to which the forum is dedicated, the problem lies only in the fact that the NPCMod and Legacy display dialog boxes differently.
It is enough to follow the path "C:.......\Mods\0-XNPCCore\Config\XUi " and in the file xui.xml comment out the top 3 lines:

<setattribute xpath="/xui/ruleset[@name='default']/window_group[@name='dialog']/window[@name='windowRespondentName']" name="anchor">CenterTop</setattribute>
  <setattribute xpath="/xui/ruleset[@name='default']/window_group[@name='dialog']/window[@name='windowStatement']" name="anchor">CenterTop</setattribute>
  <setattribute xpath="/xui/ruleset[@name='default']/window_group[@name='dialog']/window[@name='windowResponses']" name="anchor">CenterBottom</setattribute>

and the game will start using the Legacy dialog box. Yes, there are some rough edges - the portrait in the dialog box is not Nanny, but some brutal guy, but I am not able to fix this :) The main thing is that now you can hire an NPC and all the functionality seems to work. Sorry for the English, and for the verbosity. 

spacer.png

Is there a way to add Silencers to the NPC weapons, not seeing or getting anything to work.  even changing the sound options to use the "_s sounds from item modifiers"

In my server, I am running over 300 mods, nearly all of the NPC and Addons as well as a ton of others but i just cant seem to get the silencer to act appropriately so large towns are deafening.

10 hours ago, xyth said:

Im not sure if the cores are compatible with WoW mod, but id suggest removing most of these mods and try to get the mod working by itself then add other mods to see whats breaking it all.

I was tried running it by itself.   The WotW mod now includes your mod.   I think it is just SteamOS for some reason.  I think I will just reinstall Windows on the Steam Deck again and just play on Win10.   Thanks for checking into it.

On 12/20/2022 at 7:19 PM, minisith said:

I was tried running it by itself.   The WotW mod now includes your mod.   I think it is just SteamOS for some reason.  I think I will just reinstall Windows on the Steam Deck again and just play on Win10.   Thanks for checking into it.

I tried looking at the log file you posted. Long story short, I didn't see anything that could be fixed by either SCore or NPC Core.

(The long story: The two things that jumped out at me were some shaders not being available for Linux - which shouldn't cause a crash, just black textures on certain objects - and the spammed "SteamnetworkingSockets service thread" messages, which from what I've been able to Google, have to do with the CPU being starved for resources.)

If you think it's being caused by SCore and/or NPC Core, then the best thing to do would be to install just those two by themselves (without WotW) and see if that works. If not, then post that output log. If so, then keep adding the NPC Packs to see if any of those cause the issue.

If I had to guess, from the spammed "SteamnetworkingSockets" messages, the Steam Deck probably doesn't have a beefy enough CPU to handle all the things that are going on in WotW. Either that or it's a Linux CPU scheduling issue (since Steam OS is a Linux flavor; and I ran across a forum post that suggested this caused the same issue in CS:GO). But that is just a guess. Unfortunately, if that guess is correct, then basically it means you can't run WotW on a Steam Deck, and there's not too much that mod authors can do about it.

On 12/20/2022 at 7:19 PM, minisith said:

I hadn't played WotW in quite a while, so I didn't think to check their version of SCore. They are using an older version, from August.

The latest version (from Sept. 24th) has a few fixes that are specific to Linux. (Those fixes aren't related to NPCs, mostly they're in the code that handles setting blocks on fire.)

You could try updating the version of SCore in WotW to see if that helps. Or, the experimental version of WotW uses the latest version of SCore, but being experimental it probably has other bugs.

I don't know if that will actually fix your issues, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Also, it's probably a good idea to join the WotW Discord and ask there, the people who are in that Discord are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Edited by khzmusik (see edit history)

This may be dumb and very obvious,  is there a reason why I can only talk to certain npc and not have an option to hire or anything? They just look and there's no interactions to choose from, I've looked everywhere for 3 days and can't find anything. I'm sure there is something I'm missing. Sorry if this has been posted somewhere and I didn't see it.

On 12/29/2022 at 5:14 AM, youngblood1450 said:

This may be dumb and very obvious,  is there a reason why I can only talk to certain npc and not have an option to hire or anything? They just look and there's no interactions to choose from, I've looked everywhere for 3 days and can't find anything. I'm sure there is something I'm missing. Sorry if this has been posted somewhere and I didn't see it.

Most NPC packs are enemies, and you can't hire enemies without the ability to change faction relationships. NPC pack authors didn't think anyone wanted that (and indeed I'm the only one that even tries to do that) so most don't provide hireable versions of their enemy NPCs.

My human enemies NPC packs (Rogues & Psychos, Whisperers) do have advanced versions, but they're not "enabled" (they don't spawn in any entity groups). There is code in those modlets to enable that if you want, just read the README files.

On the other hand, "friendly" (really, "non-enemy") NPCs should be able to be hired. In Core this means Nurse and Baker. I know my Civilians pack was designed to spawn in hireable versions by default.

It looks like DarkStar Dragon provides both "basic" (non-hireable) and "advanced" (hirable) versions of his soldiers, but only the "basic" ones are set to spawn in. You can change that by replacing the prefix "survivor" with "npc" for those entities, in entityclasses.xml, if you know how to edit XML (or use XPath in a modlet). However, his "Survivorz" pack only has the hireable versions, so those should work out of the box.

If you are using an overhaul that includes these characters (like War of the Walkers) then you should also remember that the overhaul author probably made their own choices and modifications beyond what either NPC Core or the Pack authors did. If that's the case then you should probably ask the overhaul author to change it.

One thing that can confuse people is that you need to have enough money to hire them. If you don't, you will get a message at the bottom of the screen, saying you don't have enough Dukes. That message can be easy to miss.

Hope that helps!

9 hours ago, khzmusik said:

Most NPC packs are enemies, and you can't hire enemies without the ability to change faction relationships. NPC pack authors didn't think anyone wanted that (and indeed I'm the only one that even tries to do that) so most don't provide hireable versions of their enemy NPCs.

My human enemies NPC packs (Rogues & Psychos, Whisperers) do have advanced versions, but they're not "enabled" (they don't spawn in any entity groups). There is code in those modlets to enable that if you want, just read the README files.

On the other hand, "friendly" (really, "non-enemy") NPCs should be able to be hired. In Core this means Nurse and Baker. I know my Civilians pack was designed to spawn in hireable versions by default.

It looks like DarkStar Dragon provides both "basic" (non-hireable) and "advanced" (hirable) versions of his soldiers, but only the "basic" ones are set to spawn in. You can change that by replacing the prefix "survivor" with "npc" for those entities, in entityclasses.xml, if you know how to edit XML (or use XPath in a modlet). However, his "Survivorz" pack only has the hireable versions, so those should work out of the box.

If you are using an overhaul that includes these characters (like War of the Walkers) then you should also remember that the overhaul author probably made their own choices and modifications beyond what either NPC Core or the Pack authors did. If that's the case then you should probably ask the overhaul author to change it.

One thing that can confuse people is that you need to have enough money to hire them. If you don't, you will get a message at the bottom of the screen, saying you don't have enough Dukes. That message can be easy to miss.

Hope that helps!

Is your rogues and psycho's not up for download or is just included in WOTW?

7 minutes ago, swmeek said:

Is your rogues and psycho's not up for download or is just included in WOTW?

I have a topic for all my mods, including the NPC Packs I made. It's here:

One thing I should warn you about - a user on the 7D2D forums just discovered that the "simple" versions of the Rogues and Psychos aren't attacked by zombies. (They have the ability to be spawned into hordes - wandering hordes and blood moon hordes - but as it turns out, this also makes zombies ignore them.) The workaround is to use the "advanced" versions but those can't be spawned into hordes. There is XML in entityclasses.xml that can be un-commented to do that, and instructions are in the README.

I'm still working on a fix, but at this point, I might have to make "simple" versions that can't spawn into hordes and use those instead.

This also affects Whisperers, but those are allies with zombies anyway, so it's not an issue.

I actually don't know what's in War of the Walkers. I know it uses some NPCs, but I don't know which ones (if any) are mine. (I do not object to anyone using my characters, with or without asking me, I'm only saying this to explain my ignorance.) I should play that again to find out, I haven't played it since A16 but I really enjoyed it at that time.

16 minutes ago, khzmusik said:

Guns, Germs. and Steel is doing a WotW playthrough with these characters. Sorry, don't have a link, but it might be in the Channels forum. Or just search for him on YouTube.

I believe it is Guns, Nerds, and Steel, but your name would be a great parody for his channel  😁

And a shameless plug for his channel

https://www.youtube.com/c/GunsNerdsandSteel?app=desktop

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)