Stealth build and Alpha 20 ...

Ripflex

Finally got onto an Alpha 20 server and rolling with my friends... I make a stealth build to get them mad 1 - 2 kills and ....  Zeds notice me most the time, feral sense ... and them scripted always sense you you encounters.   It just seems stealth didn't get a pass to adjust to the new scripted encounters and feral sense stuff added ?

So I drank a forgettin elixir and made a Heavy armor - Sledgehammering - Machine Gunner and start kicking down doors and screaming my war cry "ZCOM !!".  It seems to be the META ?

Edited by Ripflex
spelling (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Ripflex said:

Finally got onto an Alpha 20 server and rolling with my friends... I make a stealth build to get them mad 1 - 2 kills and ....  Zeds notice me most the time, feral sense ... and them scripted always sense you you encounters.   It just seems stealth didn't get a pass to adjust to the new scripted encounters and feral sense stuff added ?

So I drank a forgettin elixir and made a Heavy armor - Sledgehammering - Machine Gunner and start kicking down doors and screaming my war cry "ZCOM !!".  It seems to be the META ?

Yup it's still the meta. I've noticed less encounters that are auto trigger, but they're still plentiful and it's not worth it to spec into. UNLESS you don't mind a slower pace and have feral sense disabled.

All feral sense does is increase the range they can hear you. Stealth is still possible, but only if your maxed and sneak 99.9% of the time. I personally keep a bow ready as there are still plenty of random 3.5x hits you can get.

Perked sledgies and a decent automatic weapon will get every POI cleared without much hassle. I'm not sure if uou place frames in a door, but if you do then break that habit since A21 will let them crawl right through that space.

Yeah, I find the triggered zombies to be way to rampant, almost every poi has random spawns of 2+ zombies that no matter how quiet you are will auto lock onto you the second you step in the room, its kinda stupid and really kills the point to the stealth perks.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

What´s really badly made is, that they wake up when you remove the trash or glass on the ground. It´s like they don´t want you to be stealthy tbh.

They actually don't want you to be full stealth and walk through a POI silently killing everything and not having to risk your health. Which would normally be okay, but I think they're going out of their way to make it so stealth isn't fully viable unless you don't mind running back to the front of the POI, waiting 20-40ish seconds, then killing them silently in the hallway.

Which is causing problems because they make them hide behind nearly every single effing wall so you can just barely, if not get detected. It's definitely got better, but it's far from good. It makes it so those of us who melee have to charge our swings before we enter their trigger range and time it right otherwise we get hit. It's gotten a lot worse in that aspect and it's stupid.

Who cares if people want to silently go through a POI? We have a detection meter and a gosh darn stealth perk for a reason, let us properly use em and get rid of the auto trigger mess. It's especially noticeable in the new gas station and fastfood t1 quests.

1 hour ago, Darklegend222 said:

They actually don't want you to be full stealth and walk through a POI silently killing everything and not having to risk your health. Which would normally be okay, but I think they're going out of their way to make it so stealth isn't fully viable unless you don't mind running back to the front of the POI, waiting 20-40ish seconds, then killing them silently in the hallway.

Which is causing problems because they make them hide behind nearly every single effing wall so you can just barely, if not get detected. It's definitely got better, but it's far from good. It makes it so those of us who melee have to charge our swings before we enter their trigger range and time it right otherwise we get hit. It's gotten a lot worse in that aspect and it's stupid.

Who cares if people want to silently go through a POI? We have a detection meter and a gosh darn stealth perk for a reason, let us properly use em and get rid of the auto trigger mess. It's especially noticeable in the new gas station and fastfood t1 quests.

Pretty much, By the time it takes to clean a POI in stealth compared to loud and the amount of investment needed for a stealth build, it would be fair to be able to Silently go trough a POI. Too much for too little gain was it stands right now.. every time i come back thinking of making a stealth build, i'am reminded of the disappointment it is. one day maybe.

So I haven't played to a high level yet and I'm on Nomad difficulty but stealth still seems to work for me.   It seems the trigger is set at the entrance of the rooms if you're following the intended route through the POI (ie following the lights) but chop through a few walls to sneak up on them from behind and you can still clear a room silently with a bow or crossbow.

I'm still doing stealth build, zombie sense is off. Yes the auto triggers are still there, but I still quite successful at it. Love clearing out POIs with bow/crossbow. I prefer to save my ammo for wandering hordes/ surprise attacks in POIs and of course horde nights. Even at that, I build my horde base so I can use melee weapons as well. I'll armor up for horde night but otherwise light armor is my thing.