JaxTeller718's A20 Modlets

JaxTeller718

22 hours ago, BasicallyACat said:

I got error messages once I removed the Working Devices mod.  So no, it can't be removed without scrapping the playthrough.

Well of course i mean youre placing blocks and such in your base and then basically deleting the assets for those blocks. Not to mention POIs spawn these blocks in so you can take them. Removing references to them will cause issues, this goes for a lot of other mods as well. Especially ones that use progression or quest type stuff that saves to players.

1 hour ago, mrgreaper said:

Is the working devices mod server side or does it need to be client side too?

There are no new models added to them, the only concern would be icons. I am unsure if Pimps made icons push from servers or not

On 12/21/2021 at 5:42 PM, Zagan said:

I made this AK-47 Chimera (Does Electric/Fire/Knockdown dmg.) mod with 6 mod slots at Tier 6. The line looks like this...

<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="1,2,3,4,5,6" tier="1,2,3,4,5,6"/>

I suppose you could do a global effect with this line.

I tried this but received errors because there are only 4 mod slots on the ui.

On 12/22/2021 at 2:54 PM, RichyYoung said:

do any of these change the difficulty multiplier, ie if you set say a 2x difficulty multiplyer, would that make game stage happen much quicker, which then in turn naturally would give more zombies sooner?  some of the high game stages in the xmls almost seem impossible to reach unless you had large groups of people in the server.  could be an easy way to make it hard maybe.

These make no changes to the difficulty multiplier. That is all still vanilla

On 12/22/2021 at 2:03 PM, bobross said:

Quick question - I couldn't tell from the mod itself. Is this a continuous horde-sized wave, or similar to the A16 post-horde trickle? Either one could work, I just want to prepare people on my server before I put it in.

Thanks!

Its a continuous horde sized wave, but i could make a separate modlet for trickle

I made this AK-47 Chimera (Does Electric/Fire/Knockdown dmg.) mod with 6 mod slots at Tier 6. The line looks like this...

<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="1,2,3,4,5,6" tier="1,2,3,4,5,6"/>

I suppose you could do a global effect with this line.

I tried this but received errors because there are only 4 mod slots on the ui.

That is strange because I have this mod loaded right now and I have 6 slots. I also have 6 slots on another mod that's working. The ui affects stuff like The Forge and backpack slots. Mod slots can be altered on items like armor, weapons, and tools with that line. You may need to start a new game for the changes to show up. I had that happen before.

slots.jpg

slots2.jpg

Edited by Zagan (see edit history)

Hey Jax,

I've grabbed your working stoves, and working sinks/coolers mods. The working stove mod is throwing the following error:

XML patch for "blocks.xml" from mod 
"JaxTeller718-WorkingStoves" did not apply: <insertAfter 
xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntWallOven']/property[@name='Model']"  
(line 20 at pos 3)

--Dutch.

I'm just posting to say thank you @JaxTeller718. Ever since I saw that coffee maker, I've wanted one. And now I have one and I love it very much. :D I have a microwave too and I heated up some soup to eat. You know, people talk about the zombies, the weapons, all that stuff, but for me, immersion comes from all those little things I can do that makes it just a bit more real, and working appliances may be minor in the grand scheme of things, but they make all the difference for someone wanting to make a home in the apocalypse.

13 minutes ago, Blackmini said:

thanks bro 😄

i have one question , what the point of using Disable POI Pickups and Disable Bedroll Pickups mods ?

If you run a public server then it stops the POIs being empty for other players (thats my guess, dont know for sure)

On 12/21/2021 at 10:34 AM, illusions said:

Great Mods, Awesome Work @JaxTeller718 thanks, my server appreciates  it !!

I seen you take request .. one we are looking for is the mod slots on items tools/weapons

previous Alpha was an extra slot per level .. level 2 - 2 mod slots, level 4 - 4 slots

In A19 we had a mod for this to happen again.. now we are on the hunt for one in 20

if your so inclined for the project

Thanks again

Added New mod for you that just increases mod slots to 1-1 2-2 5-5 6-6 etc

Also updated the Egg in Fridges modlet to give you a chance at 1 more egg in nests

3 hours ago, Blackmini said:

thanks bro 😄

i have one question , what the point of using Disable POI Pickups and Disable Bedroll Pickups mods ?

For me I hate screen prompts. The text is immersion breaking. The actual modlet came about because we had a guy on our server who would run into all the pois and grab every single chair and then make base walls out of them, breaking them for nails at night (we had a modlet that added nails to them) so on order to make it more difficult to gather nails i forced having to break them in a poi. Just adds more time out in the world really. 

13 minutes ago, crazywildfire said:

Hey Jax, thanks for all you do. I do have a question. Ia there anyway you could put at the end of your mods if they are server side only or not? 

I can try to do so, especially will with help from you guys. I do not play on servers much, we co-op and share modlet folders so im not 100 percent sure what pushes to clients. Icons i assume and models are the two big ones that do not.

JaxTeller,

Greetings,
    First: I love the working devices as a whole, and hope to see it expanded. (Soda Fountains or such etc).

My primary issue with the mod as is: Microwaves and Coffemakers being a 100% drop, yet ovens and such have 0%. That is really the only problem I saw.

Now as for items that may or may not be feasible. Some kind of fuel/power implementation, possibly creating a tier, wood burning to gas to electrical source. Rather than just a sink, a possible indoor water tank that the sink requires in order to work. 5 gallon jugs that can be filled for use with the water jug cooler.

Forgot to add a thank you for the work you've done.

-- Gray

Edited by Graymayne (see edit history)

19 hours ago, TheDutchmanAU said:

Hey Jax,

I've grabbed your working stoves, and working sinks/coolers mods. The working stove mod is throwing the following error:

XML patch for "blocks.xml" from mod 
"JaxTeller718-WorkingStoves" did not apply: <insertAfter 
xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntWallOven']/property[@name='Model']"  
(line 20 at pos 3)

--Dutch.

Fixed this and now updated

2 minutes ago, Graymayne said:

JaxTeller,

Greetings,
    First: I love the working devices as a whole, and hope to see it expanded. (Soda Fountains or such etc).

My primary issue with the mod as is: Microwaves and Coffemakers being a 100% drop, yet ovens and such have 0%. That is really the only problem I saw.

Now as for items that may or may not be feasible. Some kind of fuel/power implementation, possibly creating a tier, wood burning to gas to electrical source. Rather than just a sink, a possible indoor water tank that the sink requires in order to work. 5 gallon jugs that can be filled for use with the water jug cooler.

What you want to see is ovens able to be destroyed and picked up? as opposed to it being a kit to fix them? i can do that for sure

I love the fix them up option, but with no method to pick them up to move them, I find myself just not using them. If there is a method to move them, I did not see that in what I read for the mod.

An appliance mover (If that's something you can add), would be what I'm thinking of overall, if doing the destructible drop is too much for immersion.

Edited by Graymayne
Edited to expand thoughts (see edit history)

4 hours ago, JaxTeller718 said:

Added the Take option like the stations have to the working items :)

Also added destroy to working sinks and stoves and grills. Destroying working versions gives you back the items. Also upped and balanced the economic value so you can make repairing and selling items a career lol

I was so happy to see this. I've had the weirdest time - I've been carrying around a stove repair kit in my pocket for hours but none of the stoves in my game so far have been broken. LOL I even tracked down that one cabin with the basement and the little shed out back - the stove in the kitchen is almost always broken. Nope, not today. My kitchen is almost finished but I've got this gap between the cabinets with a campfire on the floor. I'm gonna download that update and finally get my kitchen finished. 

Edit: And naturally, the very next house I walked into had a broken one. So I finally got to use my repair kit! Yay! :D And I don't have to sit in the floor to cook anymore.

Edited by Mahnogard (see edit history)

16 hours ago, MajorOutage said:

It'd be pretty slick if the water cooler dispensed boiled water. Maybe for a powered version?

Well I'm used to using Home Depot mod and with that one you crafted a water cooler with a couple of water purifying mods, a water cooler, 2 water cooler bottles, ect.

and it dispensed clean water so you could fill up jars with boiled water. The sinks, toilets, and fountains dispensed murky water.

So I was expecting something like that with the water mods.

Edited by Zagan (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Zagan said:

Well I'm used to using Home Depot mod and with that one you crafted a water cooler with a couple of water purifying mods, a water cooler, 2 water cooler bottles, ect.

and it dispensed clean water so you could fill up jars with boiled water. The sinks, toilets, and fountains dispensed murky water.

So I was expecting something like that with the water mods.

I try not to copy other mods but if this is something you think would work well within my mod, i could do my own version of it this way? let me know

🎵 A microwave oven that makes soup so easy

A coffee machine that makes coffee and tea-sy

An oven so perfect, I can't help but sing,

These are a few of my favorite things... 🎵

My lovely, functional kitchen due to the Working Devices mod, with some help from Sam's Storage (fridge) and Telric's Decoration Pack (clock, faucet, and the ceiling fan that's off-camera).

20211225193623_1.jpg

First of all love all the hard work you do and enjoying most of your modlet.

I was just wandering. I am using your 4x zombie modlet but would love the zombies to spawn faster. Which command in the XLM do I need to edit to make the spawn faster?

Keep up the awesome work!

-Hels

Had a bug with the zombie hoard mod:

2021-12-29T16:04:40 100.116 WRN XML patch for "gamestages.xml" from mod "JaxTeller718-BiggerWanderingHordes" did not apply: <set xpath="/gamestages/spawner[@name='WanderingHorde']/gamestage[@stage='01']/spawn[@group='wanderingHordeStageGS1' 	and @num='05']/@num"  (line 3 at pos 3)
2021-12-29T16:04:40 100.117 WRN XML patch for "gamestages.xml" from mod "JaxTeller718-BiggerWanderingHordes" did not apply: <set xpath="/gamestages/spawner[@name='WanderingHorde']/gamestage[@stage='02']/spawn[@group='wanderingHordeStageGS2' 	and @num='10']/@num"  (line 4 at pos 3)
2021-12-29T16:04:40 100.117 WRN XML patch for "gamestages.xml" from mod "JaxTeller718-BiggerWanderingHordes" did not apply: <set xpath="/gamestages/spawner[@name='WanderingHorde']/gamestage[@stage='03']/spawn[@group='EnemyAnimalsCoyote' 		and @num='04']/@num"  (line 5 at pos 3)

There is an error line for each line in the xml file, re-downloaded twice to make sure it wasnt a download issue

loving the working devices and x2 zombies though :)