Drone question

Rizzano

How does it help fight? In the info panel for the drone it says it helps fight. I have not figured this out.  I did figure out the healing, but does the healing trigger at a lower health or is it always a player activated trigger for the drone in it's radial menu? If so, what's the difference between just doing it myself?

Thanks, and love Alpha 20 so far.

Just now, Rizzano said:

How does it help fight? In the info panel for the drone it says it helps fight. I have not figured this out.  I did figure out the healing, but does the healing trigger at a lower health or is it always a player activated trigger for the drone in it's radial menu? If so, what's the difference between just doing it myself?

Thanks, and love Alpha 20 so far.

With the teddy bear head added it increases the rate you regen stamina allowing you to swing more often in melee. Other than that and for some reason occasionally being targeted by zombies for a stray hit here and there it has no systems that affect combat.

The healing works automatic and seems to be aplied after you loose a certain amount of healthpoints 
with my current 130 healthpoints the drone aplies a first aid bandage to me as soon as i drop below 80 health 
the ability also has a cooldown of 17 seconds and is not aplied if curent mealth and max health are the same even if your maximum is like 70 out of 130 
it will however aply first aid if you have a bleeding or laceration for medkits that could be fixed up

i would recommend not using normal bandages as they dont recover health so the drone will keep on aplying them whenever your below that certain health point even if they dont do anything for you at all 

but i have to agree with the original post, the fact that the description says helps you fight is misleading since the drone itself doesnt seem to have any ofensive abilities 
maybe theyll add more mods in the future 

From what I understand at one time the drone was supposed to have offensive capabilities, and these got pushed back. Keep in mind, I have no idea where I heard this, so what I just said could be 100% incorrect. But if it is correct, then it is possible the description was written up for the drone and just never got changed.

Edited by Fenris (see edit history)

46 minutes ago, MZM said:

Drone will voice alert you when zombie is about to attack from behind for example, I consider that to be little helpful :D

I also like the fact its also a flying storage chest that follows you everywhere, I been told it can even keep up with the motorcycle/4x4

2 minutes ago, Scyris said:

I also like the fact its also a flying storage chest that follows you everywhere, I been told it can even keep up with the motorcycle/4x4

It can keep up also with gyrocopter, even with rocket boots :D

4 hours ago, EZ2Remember said:

Mine has gone invisible. Has anyone else had this problem? I told it to "stay here" and at some point it went invisible, it still talks and shows a marker on my compass. I tried to cheat a new one in but it says I'm at max drones

It glitched under the ground probably

Would it matter if it glitched underground? I watched a few YouTubers testing them out (haven't tried it myself), and when they'd drive off the drone would just sort of teleport behind them to catch up, same thing happened when they ran through a building and shut doors to block its path.

Might be different if it glitched underground though, dunno tbh.

On 12/7/2021 at 1:16 AM, Rizzano said:

Yeah, it literally says "help fight" in the info panel, so that's kind of misleading.

If you watch one of the earliest developer streams for A20, the drone actually shot out like a laser beam or shooting electricity and attacking nearby zombies. Apparently, in fine tuning that the developers switched the drone to assist only and forgot to remove the 'help fight' message. Tbh, it looked pretty cool. If you get a chance to look at the stream you'll see what I mean.

6 hours ago, Fenris said:

Would it matter if it glitched underground? I watched a few YouTubers testing them out (haven't tried it myself), and when they'd drive off the drone would just sort of teleport behind them to catch up, same thing happened when they ran through a building and shut doors to block its path.

Might be different if it glitched underground though, dunno tbh.

In my case that wouldn't work because I set it to "stay here" (or whatever they call it) before it disappeared