Alpha 20 Seed Thread!

SylenThunder

On 5/14/2022 at 12:29 AM, DivineRabbit said:

Sorry but where are these world gens coming from?  I know NitroGen is dead, and these options windows look different anyway... What am I missing here?  Would love to try some new customised gens.

Vanilla.

On 5/14/2022 at 7:29 AM, DivineRabbit said:

Sorry but where are these world gens coming from?  I know NitroGen is dead, and these options windows look different anyway... What am I missing here?  Would love to try some new customised gens.

I used a mod called Improved RWG which I customised a little :)

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2022 at 8:09 PM, JoeDaFrogman said:

it's rolled up in to the generic setting for "towns" which controls multiple things "country towns", "old west", "town" and "city".

If you want to be specific, then created a mod to edit the specific subsection of the XML for your given preferences(I did this for both "town" and "city" to create this map): 

image.thumb.png.734b85566d257b4592d97b097c674e33.png

Can you post exactly how you got this map? Or post the map file itself? I would like to play it.

I modded cities to be crazy high  in number and HUGE above vanilla settings. It's unbelievably fun. Not so much for the fps. But it was worth it. Tweaking it to something less crazy might be ok, but the feeling of a never ending string of POIS like if you were inside the Big Apple? Priceless.

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2022 at 8:09 PM, JoeDaFrogman said:

it's rolled up in to the generic setting for "towns" which controls multiple things "country towns", "old west", "town" and "city".

If you want to be specific, then created a mod to edit the specific subsection of the XML for your given preferences(I did this for both "town" and "city" to create this map): 

image.thumb.png.734b85566d257b4592d97b097c674e33.png

I am not new to the game but I have no clue how to mod. Is it just modifying XML values? If so I can easily do that but not sure what files to touch and values to change. Can someone explain how to generate a map like this? I want all the towns!

Really want to play on a map like this. Any help would be really appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey so I know this is old, but I've been scouring the internet for the advanced settings for the Decillionaire seed, and even tho I found a link that showed a snippet of the creater making the initial post, the link wouldn't take me to it. Can anybody lend a hand? I feel like these seeds should be experienced properly lol

• 3 months later...
On 10/15/2022 at 1:41 AM, FakeLoveMerk said:

Hey so I know this is old, but I've been scouring the internet for the advanced settings for the Decillionaire seed, and even tho I found a link that showed a snippet of the creater making the initial post, the link wouldn't take me to it. Can anybody lend a hand? I feel like these seeds should be experienced properly lol

Decillionaire (Seed Number: 527725406)

Found here: (I just reposted info I found.)

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=Decillionaire+(Seed+Number%3A+527725406)

• 2 months later...
On 10/15/2022 at 2:00 AM, Ganeshakw said:

Guys I found something which at least I have never seen in a 7dtd map.

Visit this thread if you too want to see it.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/30133-custom-city-streets/

That's "Custom City Streets".

Some kinda POI that you can add to a custom map.

Pretty amazing looking.

Bet it took a lot of work.

There's a small version of something like that in Magoli's pack.

It only has one car and it's not very long... also I think I saw it spawned in the middle of a forest or something.

Looks great though huh?

I wouldn't mind exploring that stuff.

• 1 month later...

The World Generation system has changed a little with A20.7 (at least  I think it was with A20.7, might have been A20.6) and all the maps posted here have older versions for the settings and values. I feared this might change the results when attempting to recreate them.  So, here is a couple I have remade with the new options. First we have a map made with my handle as the seed to show off the new settings.

As you can see in the first picture, there are changes made to the values for terrain, new modifiers for biome, and "random" has been removed.

Secondly, a comparison shot between a seed previously posted here, and the same seed with settings as close as possible using the new system. For the Plains, Hills and Mountain  terrain settings, I set percentages based on the static value equivalents, which was easy enough. For the new biome values I had to eyeball the original map, and assign an approximate percentage.  Thankfully the chosen map had "random" set to zero, so the removal of this setting should not make a difference in this case.

However, as you can see in the second picture, there are astounding differences between the two map versions of the Man From Nantucket seed, despite my attempts to keep the settings as close to the original as possible. Therefore, being able to recreate old world seeds is very unlikely, sad to say.

Wyr3d_Seed_8192.jpg

MFNT_Differences.jpg

• Roland unpinned this topic