Custom City Streets

HB_H4wk

10 hours ago, Ganeshakw said:

Bro, Is this a Mod or something ? Looks different but I couldn't find any details on the web on this.

Please let me know.

I created this in the Editor. I am thinking of making an entirely custom map, maybe 4k or 6k with one huge city and some random prefabs out in the wild (I would release it when completed). I have also made a custom underground subway that spans around 900 blocks long when placed end to end.

2 hours ago, Riamus said:

I really like the raised roads/train.  It looks really great.  Probably too hard to have something like that in a RWG created map considering trying to make it look right, but good for a custom map.

Thank you, I was trying for something different to spice things up.

Edited by HB_H4wk (see edit history)

1 hour ago, HB_H4wk said:

I created this in the Editor. I am thinking of making an entirely custom map, maybe 4k or 6k with one huge city and some random prefabs out in the wild (I would release it when completed). I have also made a custom underground subway that spans around 900 blocks long when placed end to end.

Thank you, I was trying for something different to spice things up.

I'll definitely be interested to see this when released.  One thought would be to add a few sections of the overpass that is broken or crumbled to the ground.  I love it as it is now, but that would fit the world more.

I like the subway idea too.  I had just recently taken time to go into the underground part of the underpass section where it drops under another road and had a small section to cross from one side to the other.  It was small, but it was different and I think a subway idea that expanded on this would work very well.

I've only recently started POI editing and it takes a lot of right and work to get looking right.  I'm very impressed by those who are doing these large projects.

11 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I'll definitely be interested to see this when released.  One thought would be to add a few sections of the overpass that is broken or crumbled to the ground.  I love it as it is now, but that would fit the world more.

I like the subway idea too.  I had just recently taken time to go into the underground part of the underpass section where it drops under another road and had a small section to cross from one side to the other.  It was small, but it was different and I think a subway idea that expanded on this would work very well.

I've only recently started POI editing and it takes a lot of right and work to get looking right.  I'm very impressed by those who are doing these large projects.

I have only one collapsed section but would work on more.

7 Days to Die Screenshot 2022.10.14 - 16.57.26.88.jpg

Oh, very nice.  I might suggest it looking more broken.  Something that heavy falling that distance would break apart more.  I understand the desire to have it look good and not like rubble and I know there are limitations in the available blocks, so maybe it's better as it is now.

On 10/15/2022 at 7:47 AM, Riamus said:

Oh, very nice.  I might suggest it looking more broken.  Something that heavy falling that distance would break apart more.  I understand the desire to have it look good and not like rubble and I know there are limitations in the available blocks, so maybe it's better as it is now.

Perhaps more than one section being collapsed, but that's minor, imo. Good work @HB_H4wk! Now, if I can pull myself away from the game and enter the world of the editor....

Play, or build a playground?

Would like to get into your builds my friend. Keep it up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 2:51 AM, Ganeshakw said:

Its been so many days there is no update. Is the work still going on ? 🙂

Yes I have been working on more city streets with underground subway tunnels etc.. but I screwed up my shoulder removing some tile in my dining room along with installing new flooring, but I plan on making a completely separate topic for work on the Custom City Map I plan on making.