basic pipe weapons

Ramethzer0

I just wanna shout out to the design philosophy behind some of the pipe weapons.

You really hit my post apocalyptic vibe with those.  :D

Anyone got any positive thoughts about the new weapons?  I realize it's pretty early, but so far im digging the aesthetic of them and how they operate.

Mind you, the reload times - wow.. but so far so good!

They are sooooooo much more fun to find than stone axes, stone hammers, and stone shovels in crates. 

they’re also rewarding to craft. I might not be able to make bacon and eggs unperked but give me some glue, cloth, and pipes and I’ll fashion together something that can kill you. 

They look amazing and the reload animation is perfect for conveying how they are ramshackled together (and it looks pretty cool too).

I think once they tune some of the numbers they'll be perfect.

Pipe pistol is just trash, it takes as many headshots to kill a zombie as you could do with a unspecced wooden club. On warrior it's 4 headshots on a normal zombie, you can't even kill 2 on a pretty easy difficulty without reloading. I was most looking forward to this one as I like pistols the most, but it just falls short compared to the other 3. 

The pipe shotgun is just right. It's pretty much just the blunderbuss, but feels better to me. It does solid damage, high one shot potential even on night 1 ferals, but it held back by the one shot. 10/10 wouldn't change a thing. 

The pipe rifle does its job for hunting. Seems fine. 

The pipe machinegun is probably too strong, it swings the opposite way that the pistol does. It has good enough ammo capacity that you can kill 3~4 zombies with good headshots and the ammo is nearly as common as 9mm anyways. Regardless of build, I'd probably try to make this instead of the gun for my perk because it just outclasses the other 3 that even with no investment it'll still outperform them until you find the tier 1 weapon you actually want to use.

14 hours ago, Maharin said:

I'm hoping for bagpipes.  They're a vicious weapon.

Indeed.

Bagpiper James Reid belonged to the Highland forces. ... He claimed he wasn’t a combatant because he didn’t have a gun or sword. Instead, he only played bagpipe on the battlefield.

On October 7, 1746, a jury found him guilty but recommended mercy because it appeared Reid never carried arms. However, a commission appointed to hear the treason cases rejected the recommendation. Headed by the chief baron of the Court of Exchequer, it reasoned that Highland regiments “never marched without a piper; and therefor [Reid’s] bagpipe, in the eye of the law, was an instrument of war.”¹ Reid died by hanging on November 15, 1746, in York, England.

I definitely like them, and the ability to make a weapon in line with what you're speccing into. The pistol feels pretty trash and underpowered, I'd honestly stick to the shotgun in the beginning and opt for a proper handgun. Two points into gunslinger and I still can't put down Moe if he's coming at me, headshots be damned. Live and learn tho.

The sound design on all fronts is top notch. It really shines if you're a little ways off and hear your friend rip a shot unexpected from a distance. The touch of having the casing sound for both portions of unloading the pistol has not gone unnoticed either, that was a tedious touch and well respected. 

The pipe rifle is a headshot machine and well worth the materials. I'm balancing two games currently, one with my wife and I and another with a few friends. One I've gone for pistols, the other rifles. The rifle is excellent, and the slow-go reload speed balances how fast you can get one, coupled with how limited we'd find 7.62. I feel like that has to be the balance for the semi, since ammo isn't super abundant. I'd be hesitant to let anything full auto rip this early in. I'd rather make a couple rifles and take a pair of carefully placed shots. 

On 12/3/2021 at 10:09 PM, Roland said:

They are sooooooo much more fun to find than stone axes, stone hammers, and stone shovels in crates. 

they’re also rewarding to craft. I might not be able to make bacon and eggs unperked but give me some glue, cloth, and pipes and I’ll fashion together something that can kill you. 

yep im loving my 6Q pipe shotgun :) lets just say im xtremely lucky