The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Pick a Folder

When you choose a mod to install it ask you where you want the mod to be install by picking a folder, but when I do, then click install, the launcher says the folder do not exist, regardless that I create the folder with the launcher it self. The only option I get is to install it into the root folder but prefer to install them else where. Is it normal?

Cheers,

Pick a Folder

When I tried to install a mod, I got the option to pick a folder to where the mod should be install. When I choose the folder(or in this instance creating a new one), then when click install the launcher says that the folder do not exist, the only other option is to install it into the root folder but prefer to install them elsewhere. How can I fix it so it install the mod where i wanted to? Also tried to run it as Admin and do not have the option on the proprieties of the shortcut the run it that way.

Cheers,

You can specify a top level folder of where all your mods get installed. Then, off of that root, it'll install the mods in a non-conflicting way. This design consideration was made so people wouldn't get stumped on folder names.

So if you picked D:\7D2D, then Spider's True Survival would be installed under D:\7D2D\Spider\TrueSurvivalSDX. You can pick the top level, but not where the individual games go.

When you say pick a folder, are you referring to the top level folder, D:\7D2D in the above example? Or did you want more specific control over where, let's say, True Survival SDX gets installed?

The 7D2DModLauncher.exe can be placed anywhere, and can be added to Steam as a non-Steam game to enable the overlay.

Unfortunately, due to the installer I use, the Mod Launcher itself gets installed as a One-Click application, so we don't get to pick where it goes. I don't even have that level of control; it's strictly a Microsoft decision.

GOOD Morning sphereii

Just wanted to let you know that the update 1.0.3.3 is working great ... I have installed a couple other 7D2D versions and the launcher is sorting as it should.

One question .. When you do an update to your Launcher .. will the launcher update by itself or should I check back once in awhile to see if a newer version is out.

I was just wondering .. Have a Great Weekend

GOOD Morning sphereii

Just wanted to let you know that the update 1.0.3.3 is working great ... I have installed a couple other 7D2D versions and the launcher is sorting as it should.

One question .. When you do an update to your Launcher .. will the launcher update by itself or should I check back once in awhile to see if a newer version is out.

I was just wondering .. Have a Great Weekend

Good morning =D

The Mod Launcher will check when it starts if there's an update to install, and install it for you. Just one less thing you need to worry about :)

What am I doing wrong ?

I have downloaded the launcher , tried the Starvation and all was working great for about 1 hour , got jumped by some day runner Z and got killed then pouff black screen , tried to launch the regular game = black screen . uninstalled the game & launcher then deleted any & all items related to 7dtd and reinstalled both.

I could launch & play the regular game so tried to launch Valmod and I was back on black screen.

What am I doing wrong , is my PC not able to handle that , I have a I7 6cores GeForce GTX 960 with 16GB Ram.

I have downloaded the launcher , tried the Starvation and all was working great for about 1 hour , got jumped by some day runner Z and got killed then pouff black screen , tried to launch the regular game = black screen . uninstalled the game & launcher then deleted any & all items related to 7dtd and reinstalled both.

I could launch & play the regular game so tried to launch Valmod and I was back on black screen.

What am I doing wrong , is my PC not able to handle that , I have a I7 6cores GeForce GTX 960 with 16GB Ram.

The copy of Starvation available through the Mod Launcher is for the DONA Survival Group; it won't work in single player, unfortunately.

Are you using Advanced mode or Simple Mode? It's recommended to use Advanced, since it will create a copy of the game, saving your regular Steam copy for vanilla game play.

You could also post your logs for me to review, by clicking on the the Valmod you are trying to play, then click on View menu, then Log files. There should be a drop down menu at the top that gives the log file of the Launcher itself, and of the game. Click on Update log file, and it'll give you a link. Give me those links, and I'll take a look.

Small request for the next version of the launcher. Can you have the application remember the check/unchecked settings, specifically the update registry checkbox? Playing TrueSurvival, your launcher always will force the server settings to Spider's server if the registry box is left checked. This can be annoying if you play on a different server. If you allowed this box to be left off it should remember the last used server config.

Small request for the next version of the launcher. Can you have the application remember the check/unchecked settings, specifically the update registry checkbox? Playing TrueSurvival, your launcher always will force the server settings to Spider's server if the registry box is left checked. This can be annoying if you play on a different server. If you allowed this box to be left off it should remember the last used server config.

No problem. I'll add it like I did for the UNET stuff. Thanks for letting me know.

The copy of Starvation available through the Mod Launcher is for the DONA Survival Group; it won't work in single player, unfortunately.

Are you using Advanced mode or Simple Mode? It's recommended to use Advanced, since it will create a copy of the game, saving your regular Steam copy for vanilla game play.

You could also post your logs for me to review, by clicking on the the Valmod you are trying to play, then click on View menu, then Log files. There should be a drop down menu at the top that gives the log file of the Launcher itself, and of the game. Click on Update log file, and it'll give you a link. Give me those links, and I'll take a look.

I hope I was at least able to get this part right -_- lol

http://pastebin.com/YQ51aQDT

Sometimes I get a bit wordy. :) Thanks for bearing with me.

Yes, that's one of the logs I wanted to see. That one looks alright. Could you start the game again, and give me the log file again?

Well I click the Install Mod button again ( I don't have a green check mark in the left box that would say install ) so after clicking install I get a 7D2D mod Launcher Unhandled exeption box with those details : See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.btnCreate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.6.1637.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

7D2DLauncher

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.1

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.1

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Vincent/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/VOZK6ANX.KKL/WTWV002Y.9OJ/7d2d..tion_a8771e2c9219cb1b_0001.0000_5371009624b5cbb2/7D2DLauncher.exe

log4net

Assembly Version: 1.2.15.0

Win32 Version: 1.2.15.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Vincent/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/VOZK6ANX.KKL/WTWV002Y.9OJ/7d2d..tion_a8771e2c9219cb1b_0001.0000_5371009624b5cbb2/log4net.DLL

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Deployment

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.6.1638.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

Microsoft.GeneratedCode

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

System.ServiceModel

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.ServiceModel.dll

SMDiagnostics

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/SMDiagnostics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/SMDiagnostics.dll

System.ServiceModel.Internals

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ServiceModel.Internals/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ServiceModel.Internals.dll

System.Runtime.Serialization

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

PS: Sorry I'm a pain in the B... it's just I have over 2500 hours in the game and sick-tired-bored with it and your mod would make me fall all over again for it :p

It's no bother at all. Let's get you all set up :)

When you go to Install Mod, you may have to click on the little drop down under the Copy From Existing, and select your Steam path. I think sometimes that may go wonky. I think another True Survival SDX user had the same issue today.

Let me know how that works out for you. If it doesn't work, then we'll dig deeper into it.

It's no bother at all. Let's get you all set up :)

When you go to Install Mod, you may have to click on the little drop down under the Copy From Existing, and select your Steam path. I think sometimes that may go wonky. I think another True Survival SDX user had the same issue today.

Let me know how that works out for you. If it doesn't work, then we'll dig deeper into it.

After selecting the Steam path it did it's work as to Copying the stuff , at the end it says Launching \7DaysToDie.exe ... Done

I can see the game icon appear on taskbar but it vanishes as if it closed itself or crash ( 46 years old and can't figure that stuff if my life depended on it , I think it would be easier for me to learn to speak Klingon ) lol

After selecting the Steam path it did it's work as to Copying the stuff , at the end it says Launching \7DaysToDie.exe ... Done

I can see the game icon appear on taskbar but it vanishes as if it closed itself or crash ( 46 years old and can't figure that stuff if my life depended on it , I think it would be easier for me to learn to speak Klingon ) lol

haha no worries; sounds like you are making progress.

With the Mod selected, go in the View menu of the Mod Launcher, and click on Log Files. There, you should see two drop down boxes, one with a log file of the launcher, and the other with the log file of the game. Select each one, and click on Upload log file. It'll give you a link to pastebin for each log file. Can you provide me with those logs, and we'll get you set up?

haha no worries; sounds like you are making progress.

With the Mod selected, go in the View menu of the Mod Launcher, and click on Log Files. There, you should see two drop down boxes, one with a log file of the launcher, and the other with the log file of the game. Select each one, and click on Upload log file. It'll give you a link to pastebin for each log file. Can you provide me with those logs, and we'll get you set up?

https://pastebin.com/grdNPEgp

https://pastebin.com/euxJnnP0

Not sure if it's relevant or not , the 1st Log my pc finds it on C: drive and 2nd is on E

tried your SDX Bigger but on game load it gave me that weird box on top with some type of missing text or something , Then tried Valmod Overhaul Big Backpack and that one seems to be working as I just pick my * profession * open case and got the stuff. :smile-new: You are a GENIUS and now all I need is a way to send you a donation as a ty and also to help in your future modding !

tried your SDX Bigger but on game load it gave me that weird box on top with some type of missing text or something , Then tried Valmod Overhaul Big Backpack and that one seems to be working as I just pick my * profession * open case and got the stuff. :smile-new: You are a GENIUS and now all I need is a way to send you a donation as a ty and also to help in your future modding !

Great news. The SDX Bigger mod packages are older proofs of concepts I put together, and require an older alpha version. To use them, you would need to use the Download From Steam option, and it'll download the correct version.

Great news. The SDX Bigger mod packages are older proofs of concepts I put together, and require an older alpha version. To use them, you would need to use the Download From Steam option, and it'll download the correct version.

How can someone contribute / donate to you ? I'm sure making all of those are time consuming and that some cash could help you for the future ( I'm not Bill Gates or trump , but I can help a little )

How can someone contribute / donate to you ? I'm sure making all of those are time consuming and that some cash could help you for the future ( I'm not Bill Gates or trump , but I can help a little )

Your offer is very generous. There is a Donation button in the Mod Launcher, in between View and Help.

Keep in mind, I don't make any of the great mods the Launcher loads for you :) I just make it slightly easier for people to play them.

Your offer is very generous. There is a Donation button in the Mod Launcher, in between View and Help.

Keep in mind, I don't make any of the great mods the Launcher loads for you :) I just make it slightly easier for people to play them.

Slightly easier ? If it was not from this I would still be bored of 7dtd , on Valmod right now because of you , in love with the game again because of you ! and yeah I see the button now and will click it as soon my ODSP ( disability check ) is in bank :) TYVM !

I downloaded the 7D2D launcher and on my desktop and the icon says" 7D2DMODLAUNCHER.EXE"...when I click on icon it doesn't install a desktop launcher it just opens and when I try to click on true survival or any mod and click on install mod nothing happens....any help would be greatly appreciated